• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 5,292 Views, 83 Comments

The Prince and the Pauperess - Bluecatcinema



Prince Blueblood finds love where he least expects it.

  • ...
3
 83
 5,292

Marriage, And Beyond...

The time had come for Big Red and Cherry Jubilee's wedding. It had been a short engagement, neither one wanting to wait that long for the big day. All the royal family travelled to Dodge Junction for the event. Shine was acting as Big Red's best stallion, while Mist was the flower filly.

"Do you, Big Red, take this mare to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The minister asked.

"Ah surely do!" Big Red chuckled.

"And do you, Cherry Jubilee, take this stallion to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The minister turned to Cherry.

"I do." Cherry smiled.

"Then, by the power vested in me, I pronounce you stallion and wife." The minister smiled. "You may now kiss the bride."

"With pleasure." Big Red beamed, embracing Cherry.

After the wedding came the reception, where, in keeping with the location, a line dance was held. Most of the royal family were doing a decent job of it, but Blueblood wasn't so lucky.

"This isn't the type of dance I'm used to!" He stumbled.

"It's easy." Dusty smiled. "Just do what I do."

Blueblood followed Dusty's lead. For a little while, he seemed to have gotten the hang of it; Then he tripped, almost falling.

"I've got you." Dusty smiled, nudging him back onto his hooves. "Good thing I'm not marrying you for your dance moves, huh?"

"Indeed." Blueblood nodded. "Speaking of which, I'd prefer there be no line dancing at the reception of our wedding."

"Suit yourself." Dusty chuckled.

"Truly a pity. I was really getting into it." Caboose, who was again invited by Dusty, groaned.

Soon after they returned to Canterlot, Blueblood and Dusty started on their wedding plans. Blueblood spared no expense when it came to decorations and refreshments. Meanwhile, Dusty hired an old friend to design her wedding dress: Rarity.

"So, it's really happening, isn't it?" Rarity smiled. "The marriage, I mean."

"It sure is." Dusty nodded. "Surprised?"

"Pleasantly." Rarity noted. "It seems you were right about Blueblood all along. Congratulations."

"Thanks." Dusty smiled. "Do you think you'll be able to come?"

"I wouldn't miss it." Rarity beamed.

Meanwhile, Blueblood met with Shine.

"Shine, would you like to be my best stallion?" He asked.

"Me?" Shine asked.

"Of course." Blueblood nodded. "It was because of your advice that Dusty and I started dating in the first place. It seems only right that the stallion who had helped made me the pony I am today be my best stallion."

"Well, then you put it like that... sure." Shine smiled.

Even Caboose was doing his part in helping with the wedding, as he was busy writing a heated letter…

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a bonus, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for ponies like you. If you just give us the sunflowers that we ordered for this wedding, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

With that, he sent the letter via teleportation. Then Shine came in.

"Hey, I found the sunflowers. They was a mix up down at the post office." Shine explained.

Caboose only went pale in the face.

"Oh, horseapples."

Before long, the big day had come. The fact that Blueblood was finally getting married was big news, and the tabloids ran with it. On the day of the wedding, a group of infatuated mares gathered outside the castle.

"Don't marry her, Blue!" One yelled. "Marry me, instead!"

"No, me!" Cried another.

"Me!" Another yelled.

Blueblood cringed. Once, such adulation would have been welcome. Now, it was just embarrassing. As he was putting on his tuxedo, Celestia entered.

"How do I look, auntie?" Blueblood asked.

"Quite well, Blueblood." Celestia smiled. "Nervous?"

"Very." Blueblood gulped.

"It's understandable." Celestia declared. "You're embarking on a new chapter with a partner for life. I know that both Gothic and Shine felt the same way when they were getting married."

"I just hope I can be a good husband." Blueblood fretted, "I had done a lot of stupid things in my lifetime…I just don't want to mess this up."

"Relax, Blueblood, you'll be a fine husband." Celestia smiled. "You've come a long way from what you once were. Any mare would be lucky to have you."

"Thank you, auntie." Blueblood hugged her.

"You're welcome." Celestia smiled.

Soon, Blueblood and his procession took their places in the throne room (which had once again been modified for the procedures), and the wedding began.

As the organist started playing, Dusty entered, flanked by her father (Who would be giving her away), with Constell as a flower mare. Blueblood stared in awe at his wife-to-be as she approached.

Celestia, once again officiating the nuptials, began to speak.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to join these two in the bonds of holy matrimony." She declared. "I believe you have written your own vows?"

"Indeed." Blueblood nodded. "Dusty, meeting you was the greatest moment of my life. You have helped me to see the world in ways I never would have imagined. Your love has changed me, made me a better stallion. For that, I can never thank you. I can only offer you my unending devotion."

Dusty paused for a moment, wiping her teary eyes, then recited her own vows.

"Blueblood, you are truly the greatest stallion I have ever known." She declared. "I deserve no thanks for making you a better stallion. All that goodness was already in you. You just needed the right motivation to let it out. You are sweet, kind, caring, and I would be honoured to be your wife."

There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Caboose in particular was bawling unashamedly.

"Do you, Prince Blueblood, take this mare to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Celestia asked.

"I do." Blueblood nodded.

"And do you, Dusty Speck, take this stallion to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Celestia asked Dusty.

"I do." Dusty beamed.

"The rings, please." Celestia requested.

Shine produced the rings. Blueblood's was placed on his horn, while Dusty's went over her hoof.

"By the power vested in me (By me), I now pronounce you stallion and wife." Celestia smiled. "You may now kiss the bride."

Blueblood and Dusty kissed deeply. As they strolled down the aisle, Grimoire whispered to Blueblood "Take good care of her."

"I will... dad." Blueblood smiled.

After a wonderful reception (Filled with many congratulations from well-wishers), Blueblood and Dusty headed off to their honeymoon in the pinto mountains. Later that evening, Caboose was in his room in the castle (provided by Blueblood when Caboose first came here), as he levitated his stuff into a suitcase. With his niece and Blueblood married, there was no need for him to remain here. He then heard a knocking on his door as Grimm entered.

"Hey, Caboose, whatcha doing?" Grimm asked.

"Packing. With Dusty and Blueboy married, I no longer need to watch them. Seems like only six months ago that I was sent here to watch them." Caboose sighed.

"It was six months ago." Grimm stated.

"Really? Huh. Either way, it had been fun while it lasted." Caboose chuckled… but as soon as he did, it faded into a sad sigh.

Grimm noticed his sadness and, filled with concern, he asked, "Is everything alright, kid?"

"Oh... oh yes, everything's fine." Caboose defended, but he let out another defeated sigh, "I guess I'm just gonna miss being a royal guard. Believe it or not, it was quite fun saying 'Halt! Who goes there?' Y'know? And the fact that I'd never felt so close to my niece as I did when she was a filly."

"I see…" Grimm nodded, as he placed his hoof on Caboose's shoulder, "You know... if you want, you are welcome to stay here."

"What?!" Caboose exclaimed. "I can't do that! What about you guys? What about the 'family'? Pops wanted all eight of us to run it together! He said so on his deathbed!"

"Pops also wanted us to be happy, Caboose." Grimm explained. "If being a royal guard and staying here with my daughter and son-in-law makes you happy, I will not stop you. I cannot deny that ever since you came here, you are a lot happier."

"Are you sure?" Caboose asked, as he hung his head low, "I can understand why you wouldn't want me around. I know I'm not the best pony to be around…"

Grimm sighed, as he gave a small smile, "Look... despite all your flaws and 'O'Malley'... you had proven yourself many times as a member of the 'Bitalian Mafia' and a uncle to my daughter... and between you and me... you are my favorite brother out of all of them."

"Really? Even more than Vinny?" Caboose asked.

"A lot more than Vinny." Grimm declared.

In a flash, Caboose wrapped his hooves around his older brother, much to Grimoire's surprise, as Caboose whispered softly.

"Thanks bro..." Caboose smiled, touched beyond all words.

Grimoire, never being one to show affection to anypony except his daughter, wasn't sure what to do in this situation… but seeing that nopony was around, he only returned the hug, and smiled, "You're welcome."

And with that, Caboose remained in Canterlot, much to the confusion of the other brothers. While they would probably never understand why Caboose choose to remain, it put a smile on Blueblood and Dusty's face when they returned from their honeymoon to see Caboose, waiting to take their luggage again as he did six months ago.

A few weeks passed. It was a sunny day, and Caboose was in the study, using his horn to scribble a letter. He was wearing his guard uniform, except for his helm.

"'Dear Grim, I am writing just to let you know that things has been going perfectly." He dictated. "Blueblood and Dusty are still happily married, in fact, I think they might be happier if that is possible. The time goes by so fast, I wish I knew how to scrapbook. As for yours truly, captain Iron Hooves has been so pleased with my performance, I'm now a lieutenant! I have no idea what's the difference between that and being a Private, but I'm sure it's something good. So, needless to say, there's nothing special to report. I miss you guys so much. Love, Caboose."

Caboose folded up the letter, as suddenly, Blueblood and Dusty came into the study.

"Blueblood... there's something I need to tell you." Dusty said solemnly. "I went down to the doctor today..."

"Is everything alright?" Blueblood asked. "You seemed pale this morning."

"No, no, everything's alright... in fact, it's more than alright." Dusty smiled.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm pregnant, Blueblood." Dusty smiled, as she rubbed their stomach

Blueblood gaped, as did Caboose (Blueblood and Dusty were unaware of his presence).

"W-wow... Dusty..." Blueblood gasped, flabbergasted. "That's excellent news! You... you are with foal?!"

"Well..." Dusty blushed. "It's more than that. The doctor did a few tests... and it turns out that there are two foals."

Caboose's jaw dropped deeper, as did Blueblood's.

"T-twins?! We're having twins?!" Blueblood started fidgeting like crazy, before falling backwards, fainting.

"Wow, he took that much better than I expected." Dusty smiled as she helped him up.

Caboose was still shocked... quickly, he crumpled up his letter, and started writing another...

"Dear Grim... you might want to sit down..." He started.

Blueblood and Dusty broke the news over dinner.

"That's wonderful news!" Luna smiled.

"Well done!" Celestia added.

"Alright!" Constell cheered.

"What an amazing piece of news that I'm hearing for the first time!" Caboose declared. "No way was I in the study, writing a letter to my brothers when Dusty broke the news."

"Twins." Gothic chuckled. "You're gonna have your hooves full."

"You hear that, Miracle?" Mist smiled. "Two new foals in the castle!"

"New foals, new foals!" Miracle cheered.

"Two foals to carry on the legacy of Blueblood Crest." Blueblood smiled.

"Wait, you have a last name?" Shine asked.

"Yes." Blueblood nodded. "I guess it never came up in any of our past adventures. In fact, I think other ponies out there think it's something entirely different."

"Guess so." Shine shrugged.

The pregnancy was mostly uneventful, save for some teary outbursts from Dusty due to some unintentionally insensitive comments made by Blueblood and Caboose. As the due date approached, Grimoire and his brothers arrived, and insisted on waiting on Dusty hoof and hoof.

"Is this really necessary?" Dusty groaned as Murray fluffed her pillow for the fifth time that day.

"Shh." Grimoire hushed her. "Stay calm. Any stress could harm my grandkids."

"Yeah, besides, if these little guys turned out to be boys, we want to make sure that they are brought up right!" Vinny explained, "Get them into the family business running."

"Of course! They're going to be excellent marksponies when I get through teaching them!" Murray boasted.

"The hay they are! They're going to be little champions that I helped train!" Salt bragged.

"You're both wrong." Vinny sneered. "They're going to be my wingponies, y'know, help me get the mares!"

"No. They're going to be raised up as studious ponies." Lars remarked. "Brain beats brawn, you know…"

"Well I'm going to teach them the culinary arts!" Sonny snapped, "They need to appreciate their Bitalian heritage!"

"You're all wrong." Slot growled. "I'm going to teach them the fine arts of how to be real mobster ponies, so that they can run their own little ring."

"What if they're fillies?" Caboose asked, not following the entire conversation.

"Shut up, Caboose!" The other brothers barked.

"Dang that feels good!" Vinny smiled, "It wasn't the same saying that to anypony else."

"Agreed." The other brothers nodded.

"Look, you guys." Dusty shook her head, "I know you have your own wild fantasies, but this is my and Blueblood's foals, and I think we will do just fi- Oooh!" Dusty suddenly groaned.

"Oh, no!" Murray yelped. "Is it time?!"

"I thi- Aaaah!" Dusty yelped.

"Don't just stand there!" Grimoire yelled at his brothers, who were frozen in shock. "Let's get her to the hospital! Caboose, you find Blueblood!"

"Aye-aye!" Caboose saluted…as he ran straight through a wall, leaving a Caboose-shaped hole in it's wake.

"You know there was a door right next to you, right?!" Vinny barked.

Caboose zoomed back in, "Right! Thanks for the help!" He quickly ran through the door… literally, as he created another pony-shaped hole in the door.

The brothers rushed Dusty to the hospital, Blueblood following soon after.

"I'm here, my darling." He smiled.

"It... hurts!" Dusty groaned.

"I know, I know." Blueblood stroked her mane. "And I know you can do this. I have faith in you, my beloved."

"Thanks, Blue." Dusty smiled weakly.

It was a long and painful process, but it eventually came to an end. Soon after, Dusty had two newborn colts cuddling up to her, an Earth Pony colt that looked like a young Blueblood, and a Unicorn with a brown coat and blonde mane. Grimoire and his brothers were looking at them, with Blueblood standing next to Dusty.

"Wow... they're beautiful, Dusty." Grimoire beamed. "I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, daddy." Dusty smiled down at her young. "I feel proud."

"So, whatcha gonna name the two little guys?" Vinny asked.

"Well, since this little guy..." Dusty pointed to the Blueblood look-alike. "...looks like his father," She cast a smile at Blueblood. "His name should be Pureblood."

"Pureblood?" Murray repeated. "Isn't that contradicting? I mean, he's part Unicorn, and part Earth-"

"It's a great name." Grimoire interrupted. "How about the other one?"

"Well, since he looks like his mother..." Blueblood smiled at Dusty. "...and looking at him reminds me of you guys, I went with the most mafia-esque name I could think of... Vito."

"Ah, after my great-grandpa." Grimoire nodded. "He was a brilliant stallion."

"They also let me pick the two's middle names!" Caboose announced.

The brothers glanced at him in shock.

"They let you do what?!" Salt gasped.

"You gotta be kiddin' me!" Sonny groaned. "Dusty got picked on because of having a tasty pastry for a middle name!"

"Ah, actually, you guys picked on Caboose for giving me the middle name." Dusty recalled. "I never minded it."

"Besides, Caboose has always been there for us." Blueblood declared. "And I doubt he could pick any name weirder than Donut."

"Yup." Caboose nodded. "Since these two are brothers, I picked the two perfect names... Pureblood Thor Crest and Vito Loki Crest."

"Thor? Loki?" Grimoire asked.

"Yeah, the two names symbolize that these two will be the best of brothers and love each other forever and ever!" Caboose smiled.

The brothers looked at him with a flat glance.

"Caboose, remind me to send you a Neighse Mythology book for your birthday, so you can realize how crazy that is." Murray sighed.

"Have you guys decided on a godfather for the two?" Slot asked.

"Because you have six loving uncles who love to be a godfather to your kids." Lars smiled, with his brothers joining in.

"Sorry boys, but we already decided that Caboose would be the godfather." Dusty declared.

"Me?" Caboose smiled.

"Him?!" The rest of the brothers gasped.

"Yes, Caboose is the pony we can trust with anything... aside from keeping secrets." Blueblood declared.

"Guess there's no accountin' for taste." Sonny sniffed.

"Well if it makes you feel any better, guys, when I get a mare and have foals with her, I pick one of you guys." Caboose promised.

"Yeah, like you could land a mare." Vinny quipped.

"It's not like the perfect mare for you isn't going to just pop up in front of you, or something." Murray chuffed.

"Come on, you guys, I think Caboose is perfect for them." Grimm nodded, giving a subtle wink at Caboose, who returned with a prideful smile.

Soon after, Celestia and the rest of the royal family arrived. They fawned over the new foals the second they saw them.

"You should be proud." Celestia declared. "Both of you."

"We are." Blueblood kissed Dusty.

"Looks like our little daughter is going to have two cousins to play with." Shine smiled.

"Yeah. I just hope they don't take after Blueblood in their teen years." Mist snarked.

"I hope not. I would not want neither of them to grow up like I did." Blueblood declared.

That night, after they put the foals in their ornate cribs, Blueblood and Dusty smiled down at them.

"They're so beautiful." Blueblood sighed. "Then again, they'd have to be, considering who their parents are..."

"Thank you, Blue." Dusty nuzzled against him. "For giving me this gift."

"You gave me the gift of your love." Blueblood smiled. "It only seemed fair."

They shared one last kiss before they turned in, exhausted by the day's events. The next day, they would begin their new lives as parents... together.

The End.

Comments ( 20 )

Great Story. I loved the ending. I do say, I love your story writing. Best of luck with future stories.

"Thor? Loki?" Grimoire asked.
"Yeah, the two names symbolize that these two will be the best of brothers and love each other forever and ever!" Caboose smiled.

:facehoof::rainbowlaugh:

That was fun.

I love your continuing expansion of this universe you've created. Where will it go from here?

SOUNDS QUICK THIS TIME, BUT VERY NICE

now caboose has to find this freaking awsome mare to make his brothers bang their head on a wall.

I have one question, was miracle the flower filly? She may have eaten more flowers than she threw.

3986268 Pinkie Pie would be a nice fit. random and breaking the 4th wall from time to time.

3989256 'Fraid not. Pinkie is already married to Cherry Fizzy. You will see the mare for Caboose soon enough.

3990872 well then...waiting....:pinkiehappy:

3990872 wait, this mean sequel?

Sorry. I just had to post this. Now, back to the story.

A perfect ending for this story. Thanks for writing it.

that things has been

Ok, I may be breaking my trend on comments being non-grammar, but only because I love the story so much I'll say this: has should be have. Anyways, awesome story! Look forward to the next!

4087457 The reason I don't like Flash Sentry is because I don't know anything about Flash Sentry. Sure, we have met Brad, but we haven't really seen Flash. Have they really done anything with him in the series? When they do, then I will reevaluate him.

4087544 fair enough. Also, by that logic, you can say that it's impossible to really tell much about Chrysalis based on the fact we knew her for barely more than 40 minutes. Yet there are a lot of stories on the dark end instead of the light. Although, there are quite a few good ones that put her as a good mare. Honestly, I think she's good, just misunderstood.

I finally get it Grimm is Sarge, while Vinny is Tucker, Sheila was an actual tank not a cannon (the two petals), Church is a ghost or AI somewhere, Lars is Simmons.

4415386 I am just going to state this aloud, The Caboose in this story is not the same Caboose from Red vs Blue. He was just heavily inspired by him. And his brothers aren't any of Caboose's comrades from Red Vs Blue. I am quite surprised that you saw similarity between them and the guys.

The Shelia bit was just a jab at the tank, but Shelia was really just a cannon in this story. And in case you're wondering, O'Malley is not an AI in this story, he's just an alternate, very violent, personality.

5444117 Really? Then why was Rarity so gung-ho in trying to ruin Blueblood's and Dusty's relationship? Plus, Rarity brought up who he still treated anyone. And what is the name of the prior story anyway?

Thor and Loki? Man this and many other things in this chapter convince me that I love Caboose, he's the best.

Login or register to comment