• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 5,292 Views, 83 Comments

The Prince and the Pauperess - Bluecatcinema



Prince Blueblood finds love where he least expects it.

  • ...
3
 83
 5,292

Wooing The Worker

For a few minutes, Blueblood was struck dumb by his realization. But he eventually managed to pull himself together.

"What am I going to do?" He asked himself. "I can't just ask a commoner on a date. Even a beautiful one, with the most amazing eyes..." He slapped himself. "Shine. I'll talk to Shine. At the very least, I can count on him to listen, and not blab to everypony about it."

Blueblood was in luck. He managed to catch Shine on his own, during a run to the kitchens. He yanked Shine into a nearby room, and explained everything.

"So that's my problem." Blueblood sighed. "What should I do?"

"Well, it's not really a problem." Shine shrugged. "So you're attracted to a servant. So what?"

"So what?!" Blueblood repeated. "She's a commoner, and I'm a prince!"

"That doesn't matter." Shine shook his head. "We're all ponies underneath. You're a stallion, and she's a mare."

"And what a mare..." Blueblood sighed dreamily.

"You see?" Shine smirked. "Doesn't seem so wrong now, does it?"

"No, I suppose not." Blueblood agreed. "Very well then. I will set out to snare this beauty, post-haste!"

"And how do you plan on doing that?" Shine asked.

"The same way I snare all my dates." Blueblood smirked. "With a grand gesture! A gift, one so overwhelmingly wondrous, she'll have no choice but to fall hopelessly in love with me!"

"You know, have you considered just talkin' to her?" Shine offered. "Telling her outright how you feel about her? That was all it took for me to end up with Celestia."

"Sorry, but that's not my style." Blueblood snorted. "Now, I must be off."

Blueblood strutted out of the room.

"Poor deluded fool." Shine sighed.

The next morning, Blueblood marched down the corridors, carrying a box of his favorite gourmet chocolates.

"Oh, wait until Dust sees these." He smirked, "Made exquisitely by the best chocolatiers in Canterlot."

Blueblood was so busy congratulating himself, he didn't notice Celestia. As he bumped into her, his telekinesis failed, and the box flew into her hooves.

"Sorry, aunty." Blueblood cringed. "I was-"

"Chocolates?" Celestia asked. "For me?"

"Well, actually-" Blueblood mumbled.

"Great!" Celestia ripped the box open. "I've been craving these all day!"

"B-but-!" Blueblood yelped as the chocolates were poured down Celestia's throat.

"Mmm, that's the stuff." Celestia sighed. "Thank you, Blueblood."

"Anytime..." Blueblood murmured, in a state of shock.

The next day, Blueblood tried for something a little less edible; a pair of diamond earrings, sure to catch Dust's eye.

"This time, nothing can stop me!" He cheered.

Suddenly, Blueblood tripped on a loose carpet, causing the box with the earrings to fly from Blueblood's grasp and down into the gardens, where Big Red was playing croquet with Cherry. As Blueblood looked outside, he saw (to his horror) that Big Red had mistaken the box for a croquet ball.

"FORE!!" Big Red called.

With one swing, Big Red knocked the box far out of Canterlot.

"Oh, come on!" Blueblood roared in frustration.

"Hey, it was a pretty good shot!" Big Red yelled, offended.

The day after that, Blueblood tried flowers, buying a bunch of roses from the best florist in Canterlot.

"Third time's the charm." Blueblood smirked.

As he sauntered down the hall, Blueblood ran into Mist, who was suffering from a minor cold.

"Hey, Blueblood." Mist said through a stuffed-up nose.

"Hello, Mist." Blueblood said curtly.

"Ooh, pretty flowers." Mist smiled. "Can I smell them?"

"I suppose one quick sniff wouldn't hurt." Blueblood shrugged. "Have at it."

Mist sniffed the bouquet. At that point, her nose started twitching.

"Ah… ah… ACHOOO!" She suddenly sneezed, blasting the petals off every flower.

"Geshundheit." Blueblood said flatly, dropping the empty stems.

Later that day, he despaired before Shine in his room.

"It's like fate itself is conspiring against me!" He said theatrically. "And now I'm out of ideas!"

"I still say you should just talk to her." Shine offered, "Saves you money and has zero chances of my wife, my father, or my sister stopping you."

"Perhaps you're right." Blueblood nodded. "I shall inform her that she has been lucky enough to have earned my affections, and will be invited on a date with the most eligible bachelor in Canterlot!"

"No, not like that." Shine shook his head. "Just be earnest. Speak from the heart. Tell her how you feel about her."

"I don't know." Blueblood shrugged. "It's not my usual style."

"And Dust isn't the kind of mare you're usually into." Shine pointed out. "If you want to get that date, you'll have to step out of your comfort zone. You gotta act like a burrowing owl and dig deep!"

"Fine." Blueblood sighed. "But you're coming with me. For emotional support, and if on the outside chance I start to mess up, to help me."

"Sure thing." Shine nodded.

The two stallions didn't have to search long for Dust. They found her coming out of the kitchen, duster in hoof.

"Pardon me, miss Dust." Blueblood smiled. "There is something I wish to talk to you about. Could you come this way, please?"

"Y-yes, sir." Dust nodded.

Blueblood led Dust to a secluded corner. Shine stood across from them, just out of Dust's sight.

"Now then, on to business." Blueblood declared. "I'm just going to come right out and say it; You are the most beautiful mare I have ever seen."

"I-I am?" Dust gasped.

"As such, I would like you to go on a date with me." Blueblood continued.

"A date?" Dust stared. "With you?"

"I know, I know." Blueblood waved his hoof arrogantly. "You can't believe a stallion like me would wish to date a mare like you..."

Shine waved both hooves frantically, shaking his head as he did. Blueblood took the visual cue.

"I mean, don't let my stature shake you." He corrected himself. "Underneath my royal title, I am just a stallion, like any other. And I would be delighted... no, honored, if you would accept my invitation."

"I, um..." Dust stuttered. "I just... I really wasn't expecting this. You really think I'm beautiful?"

"Indeed I do." Blueblood smiled.

"Well, in that case..." Dust paused. "I would love to go out with you, your majesty."

"Please, call me Blueblood." Blueblood declared. "I will pick you up after your work is done. Until then, Miss Dust."

"Please, my friends call me... Dusty." Dust smiled.

"Dusty it is, then." Blueblood took her hoof and kissed. Dusty immediately went red in the cheeks.

As the two parted ways, Blueblood met up with Shine.

"How'd I do?" He asked.

"Surprisingly well." Shine smiled. "Honestly, I didn't know you had it in you."

"What can I say?" Blueblood smirked. "I'm a stallion of many talents. Now if you excuse me, I have a date to prepare for." Blueblood strolled off, leaving Shine shaking his head.

"Good luck, Blueblood." Shine said, before thinking 'You're going to need it.'