• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 2,590 Views, 150 Comments

Only For Her - djingledjango



Rainbow Dash and Applejack are happily married, and a new budding love is revealed...but it is not entirely welcomed by one of the ponies involved.

Comments ( 9 )

Well, this might have been canon! Appledash is implied in the finale.

9932153
:pinkiegasp: WHAAAAAT

EXPLAAAAIN

9932299
Well, if you've seen the finale it does look like Applejack and Rainbow Dash could be a couple. Though its not 100% confirmed.

9932379
Ahhh okay. Still, I like that.

9932379
Could you message me a picture?

Also, does this mean youre gonna read the story?

9932748
Sure I'll add it to my reading list. I dont know if I can message a picture but I can tell you a video name on YouTube. Old Mane 6 reunite I think it was. It shows Applejack and Rainbow coming in and talking about doing chores, implying they live together and could be a lesbian couple. In the final scene before the story ends rainbow has her hooves on Applejack as well. Just look at the last problem episode. It's not fully confirmed, more able to be interpreted, but you can believe it if you want.

next chapter:pinkiesad2:

Last comment was in 2020, huh? Please keep working on this. Please.

At least AppleDash have begun reconciling. I was hoping you’d at least get that far, and you did.

God it hurts. How could Rainbow be so stupid? Most if the blame rests squarely with Spitfire though. Honestly, it’s probably for the best that Rainbow quit the Wonderbolts. Barring Spitfire’s resignation, every single day would just have been one horribly awkward situation after another. I mean, what was Spitfire’s idea of the best case scenario here? A little heavy petting in the shower now and then? That’d still undermine discipline and make it seem as if there were a quid pro quo arrangement. Disgusting. She really, really needs to lose her job and be dishonorably discharged.

I hate that AppleDash is tainted with infidelity. I hate it… But I love how you made me hate it. Those horrible scenes were well-crafted indeed, particularly the dialogue. You occasionally choose an odd verb, but that’s really my only bit of criticism. In terms of plot and pacing, this story succeeds quite well. Please give it the ending it deserves.

Can I also just point out something important? Rainbow never made the conscious decision to cheat on Applejack. She was so drunk that she forgot she was married, forgot Applejack was pregnant. The SECOND she remembered those things, she shoved Spitfire away. So there you have it. It’s not an excuse, and it should mean Rainbow never touches booze again, but I think it goes a long way toward explaining how Loyalty herself could have done this. Is it cheating to same degree if you don’t realize you’re doing it at the time, and then put a stop to it the INSTANT you do? Applejack may not be able to fully trust drunk Dash, but she can still trust Rainbow when she’s sober. Heck I think she can even trust her when she’s inebriated to a normal extent. So there.

11668020
Wow! I just logged back in the for the first time in years for shits and giggles, and it means so much that you’ve enjoyed my writing! Honestly I forget sometimes that this was such a big part of my life.

Truthfully, I didn’t stop because I wanted to. I stopped because life just…got in the way. I got married and my wife just gave birth to a beautiful baby. That’s a hell of a lot of life getting in the way, but I do love my life. I don’t see myself sitting down to write out the next hundred thousand words or so that I had planned for this story, but know I had it all planned out and outlined. Maybe someday I will get back to it.

I’m long detached from the fandom, I wouldn’t even call myself a brony anymore. That being said, I still love these characters and the story I had planned was going to be put together with a lot of love and care. Again, maybe someday I’ll finish it, but as of now it looks doubtful. But thank you so very much for reading and giving me your viewpoints.

Appledash for life :rainbowdetermined2: x :ajsmug:

Login or register to comment