• Published 5th Dec 2013
  • 3,722 Views, 79 Comments

My Little Ponies - JP Jackson



When you find six baby ponies on your door step what do you do? Adopt them of course! Inspired by ROBCakeran53's My Little Dashie: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1888/

  • ...
15
 79
 3,722

Epilog

I glare down my nose at the pile of scum sitting across from me on the couch, he rubs his hand nervously on his pant leg to clean of the sweat. He’s scared... good.

“So,” I say, startling the little dirt bag. “What are you two planning to do?”

“W-well…” he starts, shaking like a leaf. He gulps and continues. “She’s been talking about this author for quite a while now and I thought it would be fun to go to her book signing.”

I raise my eyebrow, the kid’s hiding something, I know it. I open my mouth to accuse him, but I am interrupted by the sudden entrance of Twilight.

She’s wearing a dress custom made for her by Rarity, two amethyst earrings are set on the sides of her pointed ears. The styling of her mane alone must have taken the other at LEAST a half hour.

“Sorry,” she pants, then looks up at the boy. “Ready to go?”

“Yep!” The boy rockets out of the couch and falls in step with Twilight, I follow the two of them to the front door and stop them before they leave.

“You’ll be back no later than 9:00, understood?”

“But the book signing doesn’t start until 8:00.”

“9:30 then.”

Twilight rolls her eyes and shrugs at the boy. He nods.

“9:30.”

“Have fun then.” Twilight props herself on her hind legs and kisses me on the cheek. I open the door and let the two of them leave.

As they do I head over to the window and watch through the curtains as they enter the boy’s car and leave. My pensive melancholy is interrupted though by a car that comes up the driveway almost as soon as they leave. Loud rock music booms through the cool winter air and the car barely avoids crushing the mailbox!

Just as suddenly, Rainbow Dash careens out of the bedroom a piece of paper clutched in her mouth as she uses her front hooves to put on a heavy leather jacket.

“Just where do you think you’re going?” I ask as she grabs the handle of the door. She groans and turns to me.

“The concert is tonight, remember?” she hold up the peace of paper, it’s a ticket printed of the computer.

Ah yes, that infernal rock music should have reminded me. I sigh and stare at Rainbow, out of all the six she is the most independent, as much leeway as I give her she always seems to be restricted. I chuckle to myself, she not the same little filly she once was.

“fine, don’t stay out to-.”

“thanksdadloveyouby!”

“late…”

She gallops across the front lawn and launches herself into the open car that spins around and rockets back onto the main road.

The house is quiet now, Twilight, Dash, and A.J. are all away. Rarity is busy with her fashion school prep work, that Fluttershy’s helping her with. And Pinkie is doing whatever Pinkie does. It’s just me now. Well there's one other person.

Janice wraps her arms around my waist and rests her head on my back.

“You worry too much,” she says.

“It’s hard not to, I don’t know who these people are or what their going to do, or if what the girl’s told me wasn’t true-.”

“It’ll be fine, Twilight’s a smart little girl, she wouldn’t let herself get mixed up in anything dumb, and Dash can handle anything that comes her way.”

She leads me to the couch and sits down next to me.

“What on earth happened?” I ask. “Last I remember, they were all half an inch tall and could barely form sentences!”

“Time flies when you're having fun.” She quips. I laugh.

“Fun? I guess you could call it that.”

Janice leans against me and sighs deeply. It’s been over four years now since I found that box on my doorstep. Collage has ended and my life as an adult has begun. Although I think I was forced to grow up faster than many of my peers. I place my hand on the little lump that is Janice’s stomach. It’s too early to feel the baby’s heartbeat or kicking, but I think I can feel something else.

Just then pinkie wanders into the room, streamers strung through her hair, which is flat, something that only happens when she is completely broken.

“What’s wrong,” I ask.

“Rarity yelled at me for distracting her,” she sobbed. “I just wanted to show her that I thought what she’s doing was cool!”

“Rarity’s really stressed right now,” I reply leaning back and sighing. Last time pinkie deflated she was small enough to fit in my pocket. “I’m sure she’ll appreciate your support later.”

“I guess,” she replies sitting on the floor dejectedly. i glance at Janice then look back down at pinkie.

“Hey, do you want to listen to the baby?” Pinkie looks at me as if i just asked her to try and fly. “Just try it.”

She shrugs and puts her ear on Janice’s stomach. As she does, her hair re-inflated and a smile burst across her face.

“I hear it!”

Author's Note:

Even though this is the epilog I still feel like this story isn't finished (and I will leave it mark so), I feel like there were so many ideas that i didn't get to use, that the story's structure was chaotic at best. Regardless I want to thank every one who Favorited and liked this story, your support kept me going. I also want to thank everyone who has been rude or sarcastic to me as i have written this story. Your bruising has given me a thicker skin.
One last thank you (I'll be out of your hair in a minute) for ArmoredBrony1 for proofreading the earlier drafts of the story. I didn't forget about you, I just proofread these myself because these were short.
Thank you all and may Harmony be with you.

Comments ( 11 )

Before reading. Sounds promising. A definite read later. Will be sure to feedback

Man I love this fic

Yea.. I was expecting this to go on......

And not to sound angry but WTF...the sudden time jump man...:twilightangry2::twilightoops::rainbowhuh:

3895338
You're right, you're right, that wasn't a good way to end this. (:facehoof:) But I felt that the story was losing focus and if it whent any longer it would start sounding like a kid wrote it. Hopefully I'll be able to fix some of the problems in a reboot or sequel.

I agree with Armored Brony, sudden time jumps are not fun. I wanted to see the ponies in school, dealing with stuff, and fun times. Suddenly finding them as teens is a cop out.

3906114
3906116
And again, I agree with you. The thing is, I did a bad job planing out the story ahead of time so I quickly began to run out of ideas. I do intend to try a reboot of this story at some point though, if that's any consolation. :twilightsheepish:

Not that good of an ending but a good story and the lack of the faker trollestia still a good fanfic 9.5/10

3989887
thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed! :twilightsmile:

Good but what hapened ovre those 4 yares?

Great story but what happened during those four years ? And well how did they end up on earth ?:rainbowhuh:

This is a good fic, but it’s seriously lacking a lot. You should probably do a story for the point of view for the ponies. Also, I know you’ve heard this a lot by now, but WTF with the FOUR YEAR time jump? Like I said, this was a good read, and I’m glad I took the time to do so. Also, THANK YOU for not making this a total rip-off of ‘My Little Dashie’. Not that I don’t like that story, I just don’t like rip-offs. Anyhow, I’ve taken enough of your time, so goodbye

Sincerely,
Donnnnnnn

Login or register to comment