• Published 5th Dec 2013
  • 3,722 Views, 79 Comments

My Little Ponies - JP Jackson



When you find six baby ponies on your door step what do you do? Adopt them of course! Inspired by ROBCakeran53's My Little Dashie: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1888/

  • ...
15
 79
 3,722

Chapter 2

All the time while I’m at school, I can’t help thinking about the ponies, worrying that they might break something! It had only been a little over a day since I found the six resting in the box on the doorstep and they were already starting to drive me crazy!

After we had returned from our adventure at Jon’s, I let the ponies out into the yard to… frolic, or whatever it is candy colored ponies do, and left for my classes. Out there, there would be no chance that they could break something, hopefully....

I shake my head furiously to try and focus back on my class. I’ll worry about this later.

“You okay Bro?” a voice says next to me.

I turn.

For whatever reason, Lucas thinks I consider him a friend. Honestly I do not consider him or his horribly greasy hair anywhere near that.

“You’ve been spacing out for most of the class, Bro.”

“I guess you could say I have girl problems.”

“OH! I get ya’.” He winks. “There was this one bitch who I had been banging for while and then she went and started saying that the kid she was going to have was ‘my responsibility’ can you believe that?”

“That’s crazy…”

“Yeah, can you imagine how much it would blow to have to raise a kid?”

I turn to him.

“You have no idea….”

***

Late in the day, my classes end and I rush home to find out what mischief the six have gotten themselves into.

On the way to my house I start thinking about some questions that I should have asked earlier. Like, who on earth left these six on MY door step? Where did they come from? Are they some kind of failed experiment? OR maybe… I slow my driving… Maybe they are the six guardians of a magical realm of horses and they were in a battle against the ultimate forces of evil and he was like,

‘I’m going to kill you!’

And they were like,

‘NOO! Our friendship will protect us!’

Then he was all,

‘Haha! Not this time ponies!’

Then they were blasted into this world and lost their ages and memory!

I need to stop talking to Lucas...

***

I pull into my driveway just as the sun is going down over the horizon. I step out of the car and walk around my house to the back yard. The ponies are playing running around and… yes that definitely looks like frolicking. One of them turns to me, the small white unicorn with a stylishly curly mane, she bounds over to me and cries out in a high-pitched voice,

“DAA DEE!”

Did she…

No…

No it was my imagination.

She reaches me and starts rubbing against my leg affectionately. I crouch down and awkwardly pat her on the head.

“Hey there, ummm…” crap! I forgot to name her!

I look down at her thinking. She’s pretty (as much as an equine can be). She has big blue eyes that stare up at me. Her coat and mane are soft to the touch and don’t seem to be covered in sweat from running.

“Well, you’re quite the rarity aren't you? All your sisters are a bunch of monkeys next to you.”

Wait...that’s it!

“I’ll name you Monkey!”

She rams her horn into me, and severely damages mine.

“Joke! I was joking!” I wheeze.

***

I set Fluttershy (the yellow one) down on the couch along with her sleeping companions. Then watch as Rainbow Dash unconsciously covers her with her wing. She’s quite protective of her.

My pocket buzzes angrily and I grab my phone, before it further disturbs my still sore horn. It’s a text from Lucas.

“DOOD you HAV to COM ou dinikin with uss tonite!”

I groan and text back.

“Sorry, I can’t tonight... baby sitting.”

I settle down on the floor and watch the six sleep. What on earth has happened to me? Last week I would have given anything for someone to go drinking with, now here I am, giving excuses so I can creepily watch some ponies as they sleep.

Rarity lets out a delicate sigh.

“Da de…” she whispers.

***

“Now, test the heat on the back of your hand.”

I take the baby bottle that Jon hands me and drip a bit of the contents onto the back of my hand. It’s warm, but not hot.

“Seems good.”

“Alrighty then, I’ll get the others.”

He leaves the front room to squeeze back into the kitchen and returns with an armful of baby bottles filled to the brim with milk.

Earlier today he had called me and asked what I was feeding the ponies.

“I don’t know, grass I guess, don’t horses eat grass.”

Even though I couldn’t see him, I could tell that he was face palming himself.

“You can’t feed a bunch of fillies just grass! You gosh darn horse wrangling…”

“Jon, enough!”

“Just trying to have some fun! Jeez!”

“Anyway,” he continued. “You need to give them some mare’s milk, that’ll help them grow and give them the nutrients they need.”

“And where in the name of Man-o-War’s rotting corpse am I going to get mare’s milk!?”

This time the face palm was so powerful I’m sure that Jon broke his nose.

“FROM ME!”

So now here I am, holding little Pinkie Pie in my arms trying to feed her from the bottle of mare’s milk. If someone had said that this was how I would spend a weekend, I would have slapped them silly!

“Why are you holding her like that?” Jon asks.

I shrug.

“This is how you hold a baby when you feed them, isn't it?”

“If you haven’t noticed, these aren't human babies!”

“But she likes it. Look!”

It was true, Pinkie was snuggled up next to me and was holding the bottle between her two front hooves like a human baby would.

I pull the bottle out of her mouth, can’t let her have too much, or she’ll get mad crazy indigestion. Something strange has happened to the bottle though, the milk has turned brown. Curious, I let a drop fall onto my tongue… it’s… chocolate… I look down at the little filly, she just stares up at me, and grins.

Author's Note:

Wow, this story has been SO much more popular then I though.
Thanks to everyone who liked and favorited this story, I hope that i don't disappoint.