• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 2,421 Views, 10 Comments

A Royal Surprise - Just Reading



After a hot morning of gem-hunting Rarity is eager to relax and cool off. Something else waits for her however.

  • ...
5
 10
 2,421

A Want For More

“I beg you pardon princess, I think I may have misheard you. Did you say you’ve never kissed anyone?” Rarity said, straining to keep her features calm. Half of her mind was screaming Kiss her, kiss her. The other half trying to stay sensible, This is just the sharing of secrets between two ladies, nothing more Rarity, nothing more.

“That is what I said.” Celestia smiled, seeming at ease.

Those lips are untouched, maybe I could? Rarity swallowed hard, suppressing her urging thoughts. “Why is that? I thought a mare as beautiful as yourself would have countless suitors lining up for marriage.”

Celestia chuckled at the comment, a hint of pink touching her cheeks. “Do you really think I’m beautiful Rarity?” Eyelashes fluttered as Celestia blinked, lowering her snout into a puppy dog look.

“I,” Oh why does she have to be so tempting, it’s almost like she’s intentionally doing this to me. “Of course you’re beautiful princess,” Rarity bit back the other half of her sentence. Do I tell her? What will she think of me? Silence hung between the two for a moment, Rarity’s lower lip quivering.

Eventually Celestia pulled away, rolling back onto the stone to stare at the sky above. “You sound just like the rest of them,” She said with a sigh.

Did I say something wrong? “What do you mean?”

“The hundreds of other mares and stallions who’ve spoken those same words over the last few thousand years. Always hollow words, as formal as a greeting, never any passion or emotion to them.” A pained look briefly crossed Celestia’s face before disappearing, her usual serene smile returning.

“But princess, I’m not like those ponies,” The words spilled from Rarity’s mouth before she could stop them. Celestia shifted onto her side, an eyebrow raised at Rarity. Oh she’s good. Shaking her head softly, Rarity locked her eyes with Celestia’s. There’s no backing out now. “You’re more than beautiful to me, you’re the most attractive pony I’ve ever laid my eyes on, your mane, your form, it’s all so perfect. I just,” Rarity averted her eyes. Do I say it?

Celestia’s smile grew an inch as she rolled onto her stomach, shuffling closer to Rarity, their muzzles almost touching once again. “You just?”

“I don’t feel like I know you enough, this all feels so forward. I always thought ponies were supposed to spend more time together before these feelings happened.” Rarity lowered her gaze. “You’re the princess of Equestria, and I’m just, some pony.”

“Oh Rarity,” Celestia lifted Rarity’s chin with her hoof, their snouts brushing against each other in the tight space. “I’m just a pony too. Just because I govern the realm as a day job doesn’t mean I lack the things most ponies have.” The princess leant forward, her lips brushing against Rarity’s.

Pulling away, Rarity found the princess staring back at her in surprise. Oh silly Rarity, why couldn’t you just let it happen? You know you want it. One half of her said, urging her body forward. The stronger half held back. There’s something you need to tell her.

“Did I misinterpret your words Rarity?” Celestia questioned, her voice soft, almost wounded.

“No,” Rarity quickly shook her head. “To be truthful I’m nervous, I’ve never done anything like this either.” The confession out, Rarity felt a heavy breath leave her lungs, the twisting knot in her stomach unwind. “I don’t know if I’m ready.”

“I always assumed from Twilight’s letters that you were quite expert in that field?”

Rarity chuckled, her eyelids lowering and lips puckering into her practiced temptress act. “I do try to portray myself that way, but I’ve never had the courage to follow through with anything.” Until now.

“That makes the moment that much more special does it not?” Celestia draped a foreleg over Rarity’s shoulder, idly stroking the flattened purple mane. “There’s only one question that remains, who is to lead?”

Rarity blinked, flashes of a flying blue and pink mane filling her vision as Celestia closed the gap, the sound of hooves ringing against stone in her ears. Their chests up against one another, Rarity felt Celestia’s heartbeat once again, as fast and warm as her own.

White lips against white, Celestia nudged Rarity’s mouth softly, the unicorn feeling her head tilt instinctually. This can’t be happening, I’m going to wake up any second aren’t I? Celestia’s lips embraced Rarity’s, the tight grip sending a burning flame through her body, the sun somehow seeming brighter.

The ball of light above grew more and more intense until Rarity found herself completely surrounded in white, the feeling of hard stone underneath and the soft embrace of Celestia fading into the sticky feeling of sweaty sheets.

Gasping, Rarity sat up in her bed, darkness meeting her eyes. Just another dream. She sighed sadly, a tight pressure in her bladder begging for attention. I really shouldn’t have drunk so much iced tea, She thought as she stepped from her bed, making her way to the bathroom door.

Lighting her horn so she could see, Rarity gazed forlornly back at her bed as she sat, the blue glow of her horn highlighting her purple sheets, pink pillows and the white of a pony’s coat.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to cast your eyes over the thoughts that fill my mind.

Comments ( 8 )

Princess Celestia taunts many of us, if I had control over my dreams she would be in them every time ! :raritywink:

Awww, poor Rarity...

SHL

Not bad :pinkiehappy:

Not a dream Rares. :raritystarry:

It's not a bad story. But Celestia feels really out of character at times and the pacing is really fast. Still an interesting idea reguardless

That's a really good name for the second chapter because I want to see more of these two, seeing Raritys reaction would have been great.

Does this story go at a blazing fast pace? does it read a bit flat? yes and yes. Did I enjoy every line of it regardless?? Oh you can BET I did

"I must go on. Ponies depend on me"

This line is so over the top, it fits Rarity to a ty, I love it

Login or register to comment