• Published 29th Oct 2013
  • 4,838 Views, 35 Comments

Ben's First Day - JusSonic



Ben is now moving into Ponyville with Twilight Sparkle and Nyx but certain problems, like crazy fans and his new problems, may make him move out!

  • ...
26
 35
 4,838

Chapter 5: The Triforce Mark Secret

Chapter 5: The Triforce Mark Secret

Ben sighs in sadness as he begin packing his things, putting them one by one in his small bag. The stallion didn't wish to go...but he can't live in Ponyville if the other ponies can't treat him the way that he himself wanted to be treated...and that's for Ben to be treated like a normal pony.

Ben picks up a picture of himself and the Mane Six yesterday, which Pinkie Pie gave to him yesterday. The pony sighs as he puts it away in his bag....

-------------------------------------------

The group of ponies walk away, a bit saddened and guilty what happened with Ben. Pipsqueak walks with his friends the CMC while mumbling, "I can't believe my first day of being a Cutie Mark Crusader ended up this way."

"Don't be sad, Pipsqueak." Sweetie said to Pipsqueak. "None of us saw this coming."

"Yeah...okay, maybe I did a bit." Scootaloo groans a bit.

"What is Ben's deal? I thought he wanted the whole attention and such. He is Celestia's adopted kid and an Earth pony who can fly and use magic, right?" Caramel asks a bit annoyed by Ben's behavior before teleporting off.

"'Dat's 'de problem, Caramel; Yew an' every pony here presume too much 'dat Ben wanted attention!" Applejack snaps angrily as she stood by her friends. "Ah mean, did it occur 'ta y'all 'dat Ben didn't wanted 'de attention, but 'ta be treated like y'all wanted 'ta be treated?"

"What do you mean?" Rose asks Applejack in concern.

"Look, you all remember when Sweetie and her friends were Gabby Gums and expose our secrets to everypony, right?" Rarity explains to the ponies sternly.

"Rarity, do you have to bring that up?" Sweetie asks Rarity a bit embarrassed. She, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo felt terrible everytime the Gabby Gums incident was brought up.

"I was merely using an example. Now when 'Gabby Gums' did that to you, how did you ponies felt?"

"Well..." Lyra begins to spoke up, a bit hesitated. "We felt...violated."

"Embarrassed," Bon-Bon said while looking a bit down and guilty, remembering that incident.

"An' a bit distrustful o' them, yyep," Big Macintosh said in a gloomy way.

"You see? And when Fluttershy was a celebrity, you ponies kept bugging her and chasing her, wanting pictures and such." Rainbow said sternly as Fluttershy hid behind her. "She was scared and terrified."

"That is what Ben is going through. When he was a colt, my lover didn't want all the attention, Ben was too shy." Twilight said sternly to the ponies who caused Ben to decide to leave before. "And now...although he is now cared for and loved, Ben just wanted to live with me and Nyx...living a normal life and be treated like he wanted to be treated."

"And now, you cause daddy to decide to leave!" Nyx scolds the ponies. "You oughta be ashamed of yourselves."

The ponies in the other group look more ashamed. The Mayor said sheepishly, "Perhaps...perhaps we have not been giving Ben wanted he truly wanted. We should've learned from our mistakes before..."

"Yeah," Lily said, feeling ashamed of herself. "We should make it up to Ben...convince him not to go."

"How are we going to do that?" Lucky ask the other ponies. "By now, Ben is probably halfway on his way back to Canterlot!"

"Nah, knowing him, it could take a while for Ben to pack and leave." Spike remarks to the ponies with a shrug, "Which gives us enough time to fix this problem."

"And I know of a way!" Pinkie exclaims with a happy smile, having a super-duper good idea to keep Ben from leaving Ponyville forever.

"What I don't get is how your ponies knew that Ben was with us in the first place." Dinky said puzzled. "How is it that you found out where he was?"

"We got a tip from one of Filthy Rich's workers." The Mayor explains to Dinky puzzled. "He said that someone paid him to give us that information and..."

Twilight's eyes widen in shock and anger. The ponies found out that Ben was with her and the others...due to information from one of Filthy Rich's workers? Since the Earth pony wouldn't think of making trouble for the new coming pony, that means...

"Excuse me for a moment." Twilight growls angrily as she teleports away from Spike and other ponies.

-------------

Filthy Rich and Diamond were startled as Twilight appears right in front of them. The father exclaims in shock, "Twilight Sparkle! What on Equestria?"

"Sir, my colt-friend Ben Mare was chased earlier today by ponies...and he was threatening to leave because they didn't give him what he wanted and that's to be treated better!" Twilight snaps furiously.

"And why is that a problem?"

"One of your workers told the ponies that Ben was with us!"

"What?" Filthy Rich ask startled. He took out his megaphone and yell through it, "Boys, come over here, right now!" The Earth pony's workers came over, wondering what their boss wanted. After putting the megaphone down, Filthy demands, "Boys, which one of you told a lot of ponies that Ben Mare was with Twilight Sparkle and her friends? Come on, out with it!"

"Uh, that was me, sir," The pony worker from before said sheepishly. "But I got a reason! Your daughter paid me extra bits to inform those ponies of where he's at!"

Filthy and Twilight glares angrily at Diamond, who looks annoyed while protesting, "What? So I can't give out information on celebrities anymore?"

"Not when it involved invading their privacy and probably getting back at what happened yesterday!" Twilight snaps furiously to Diamond. Obviously, the bully wanted payback for the trouble that Nyx and Ben got her into yesterday. It looks like the unicorn is going to go into rage mode like when Diamond and Silver tricked Nyx into going into the Everfree Forest.

"Gah; don't you dare! Daddy, she's going to..."

"We will talk about this later, Diamond Tiara!" Filthy snaps to his daughter sternly. Turning to Twilight in sympathy, he said, "Twilight Sparkle, I apologized for the trouble that my daughter gave you again."

"If Ben leaves town and doesn't come back, there will be more trouble!" Twilight snaps furiously as she teleported away.

Diamond chuckles nervously as Filthy turns to her; This won't be pretty...

-----------------------------------------

Ben sighs as he finished packing, taking Koga with him as they leave the library. The wolf cub whines in sadness.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Koga. I wished that I didn't go but...what's the point in unwanted attention?" Ben asks Koga in sadness. "Perhaps mom will understand..."

"Ben," Rainbow exclaims as she, Rarity and Fluttershy appears. "Wait, don't go!"

"Right, don't you want to have one more treat at Sugarcube Corner before going?" Fluttershy ask Ben nervously.

"And get trampled by anxious and crazy fans again? No way," Ben scoffs a bit to Fluttershy. "I'm sorry, but my mind is made up. Say goodbye to Twilight for me."

"But Twilight is there right now!" Rarity insists to Ben in concern. "Don't you want to say goodbye to your true love and your daughter before going?"

"I'm sorry but my mind is made up."

"Well, we tried. Get him." Rainbow said to Fluttershy and Rarity darkly.

Without warning, the mares jumped Ben, knocking him to the ground. Rarity quickly put an anti-magic collar around his neck before Fluttershy throws him into a bag.

"Hey, release me! You can't do this!" Ben protests as he struggles to escape the bag but to no prevail. The stallion finds himself unable to teleport as the mares take him away with Koga following.

Soon the mares and Koga arrives at Sugarcube Corner, Rainbow opens the door before opening the bag. At her signal, Fluttershy and Rarity empty it and tosses Ben inside the place.

As Ben recovers, he heard a loud, "SURPRISE!"

A surprised look appeared on Ben's face as he saw that the ponies were having a party for him.

"Wait...what's this?" Ben asked in surprise as he saw cake, games as well as a banner that said 'We're Sorry' right on it.

"A party just for you again," Pinkie exclaims happily as she bounces over to him. "Do you like it?"

"A party...but what for; A goodbye one," Ben asked Pinkie, wondering if the party is for his departure.

"No...it's a sorry or an apology party." Rarity explained to Ben gently. "The ponies who were bugging you all day have something they wish to say."

"Yes." The Mayor said as she trots over while clearing her throat. "We wish to say...we're sorry."

"Eeyup," Big Macintosh said from nearby.

"Right, we weren't respecting your privacy and not treating you like you wanted us to." Caramel said in guilt.

"We got so excited...that we forgot that you are an Earth pony like all of us." Lyra said in an apologetic tone. "Please forgive us..."

"Well, most of us..." Bon-Bon corrected Lyra while chuckling nervously to Ben. "But...we wish for forgiveness for what we did."

"I...you really are sorry, aren't you?" Ben asked the ponies in amazement. The ones who weren't leaving him alone smiled and nod. He looked down, touched. "Well...you sounded so sincere...of course, you're forgiven."

"We the ponies of Ponyville promise that from now on, if you wanted to talk with us or show your powers to help, we will let you." The Mayor announces with a smile. "And if you want privacy and be treated like a citizen of Ponyville, we will respect your wishes."

"That's right." Twilight said in agreement, "Because celebrities deserve privacy as well."

"The point is we don't want you to go either." Rainbow said softly.

"If you leave...you will make the new friends that you made sad and unhappy." Fluttershy said to Ben in sadness.

"And you will put a hole in both mine and mommy's hearts." Nyx said as she and Twilight nuzzle Ben on each side of him.

"Right, please stay..." Twilight said with tears from her eyes.

Ben paused...then smiled as he hugged the mare and the filly. Koga nuzzled his owner as Ben asked, "Who am I...to break up this family? Suddenly, going back home is in the back of my mind."

"Does this mean...?" Nyx asked Ben as the other ponies look on hopefully.

"Koga and I are staying!" Ben announced to everypony else. All the ponies in the party cheered joyfully at hearing this news.

"All right, ponies, let's party! Hit it, DJ Pon-3!" Pinkie announced to a familiar record playing pony whose plays a music record.

The ponies celebrate the apology and Ben staying behind. The stallion smiles while asking, "Out of curiosity...who told the ponies where I was the last time around?"

"It was Diamond Tiara who rat you out, Ben." Twilight explained.

"And what's..." Ben was going to say but a loud voice interrupts him.

"DIAMOND TIARA; YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!" Filthy Rich's voice is heard throughout Ponyville, much to the surprise of the ponies who heard him at Sugarcube Corner.

"He did it again!" Scootaloo exclaims with a grin, taking out some popcorn. "Wanna go over to Diamond's house and listen to her get busted, girls?"

"Wait for me!" Pipsqueak giggled as he and the CMC rush out of the shop.

Twilight and Ben looked at each other and then laughed a bit.

-----------

It was nighttime as the party is over. Ben smiles as he, the Mane Six, Spike, Nyx and Koga are heading back to the library. The stallion has a good time. He has made some new friends, those who agreed to treat him not like a celebrity but as one of them. Best of all, Filthy Rich has not only grounded Diamond Tiara for another week but she is confined to the house until the grounding is over.

"I got to say, that was a good party." Ben said to the fillies with Koga riding on his back. "Although, it was a bit awkward when Granny approach like that."

"Yyep. Granny found out 'dat yew were 'de one who gotten into our apples last year." Applejack said with a chuckle. "Hoo doggies, Ah haven't seen you 'dis freaked out before."

"Luckily, daddy offered to work on the farm to pay back the apples that he ate." Nyx said with a chuckle. It's true; Ben offers to make up for what his Demon Pony self did by working on the farm whenever he isn't working at the library to pay off the damages.

"Yeah, very interesting," Spike remarks in amusement.

"Right...I'm just glad that things in Ponyville end up better." Twilight said happily while turning to Ben. "I...I didn't want to go."

"It's okay, Twilight. I'm glad to have something that I was missing mostly throughout the life..." Ben said while putting one upper foreleg around Twilight. "And that's friendship."

"Yep! Friends are always there for you!" Pinkie giggles as she bounces up and down happily. "Friends can help one another whenever one asks for it."

"Oh, that reminds me..." Twilight pause a bit, wondering how to do it...and if her friends would accept. "You girls have been my best friends ever since my arrival in Ponyville...despite some troubling times; you helped me out whenever I needed it as well as recently. Nyx really looks up to you all."

"Of course, we just adored the little filly." Rarity said to Twilight with a smile.

"Which is why...I wanted to ask you girls this; Actually, Ben and I talked about it alone earlier."

"We want you girls to be Nyx's honorable aunts." Ben said to the other members of the Mane Six, making them gasp in surprise.

"Wait, aunts? Really," Fluttershy ask Twilight and Ben in surprise yet quietly.

"Gah; Ants; No, I don't want to be a bug!" Pinkie exclaims frantically while running around. "Bugs ruin parties, picnics and..."

"No, Pinkie Pie, they said 'aunts' as in relatives." Applejack corrects Pinkie, knowing that the silly pony is being random as usual.

"Oops! Oh, sorry."

"Whoa! This...this is something else." Spike said, blinking his eyes at what Twilight is asking of her friends.

"But why do you want us to be Nyx's honorable aunts?" Rainbow asks Twilight and Ben in amazement. The Pegasus pony is honored that they want her and the other ponies to be honorable aunts to Nyx...but why?

"Well...my brother Shining is too busy with his royal duties in Canterlot and his wife Cadance, so visiting hours from him is going to be short. And Ben has no siblings to speak of. You five...you are always there for me, him and Nyx. I feel like you are a part of my family already." Twilight said to her friends gently.

"So how about it; Please," Nyx ask the five fillies hopefully.

The fillies look at each other...and smiles. Applejack said, "Twilight sugar-cube, it will be our honor."

"Of course! We would accept your proposal to be Nyx's aunts. After all, just like you, she is a part of our family already." Rarity said with a smile.

Twilight and Ben laughs a bit as Nyx rushes over and hugs her new honorable aunts. The filly squeals, "Yay! Not only that I got a daddy, but aunts too!"

"Oh wow. This is amazing, I am happy, are all of you are?" Fluttershy ask her friends meekly.

"Wait, does this mean that Apple Bloom and Sweetie are my cousins now?"

"One thing at a time, honey," Twilight chuckles as the group arrives at the library. "For now, we're glad to relax and finally a good time as a family."

As the group enters the library, they got a big surprise as a familiar alicorn is inside waiting for them. Ben exclaims in surprise, "Mom!"

"Princess Celestia!" The Mane Six exclaims as they bow down to the princess. Everyone, even Spike, is surprised to see Celestia here in the library and unannounced too.

"Please, no bowing. Please, stand." Celestia insists to the group who stood back up to her. The alicorn smiles, "It's good to see you all again."

"Grandma," Nyx giggles as she rushes up to Celestia and nuzzles her by the leg, much to the sheepish look on her face. "It's good to see you again!"

"Oh, well, it's good to see you too, Nyx honey."

"Oh princess, why didn't you tell us that you were coming?" Spike asks a bit anxiously. "You know how Twilight is with your visits."

"Spike," Twilight exclaims to Spike a bit embarrassed.

"Relax; this visit won't be long or dramatic." Celestia said with a thoughtful smile, chuckling at how Koga is nuzzling her now. "I see you and Koga are getting along."

"Yeah, mother. Granted, you would've seen her earlier if things didn't end up the way that they have." Ben explains to his adopted mother.

"Really; Why?"

"Well, most of the ponies got too crazy around Ben, invading privacy and such..." Fluttershy said in concern. "Ben almost left Ponyville and took Koga with him."

"But we all made an apology party for him...the ponies here in Ponyville learned that even celebrities want privacy every once in a while...and be treated that the way that they themselves wanted to be treated." Twilight explains to Celestia with a smile.

"A lesson well learned." Celestia said, pleased that more than one pony has learned a lesson in friendship.

"And I learned that I should do my best to deal with my fame...and maybe control my temper a bit." Ben said to Celestia with a chuckle. "But I have a feeling that you didn't come to talked about friendship."

"Indeed. It involves Twilight's previous letter...about your powers...and your Cutie Mark."

"Whoa." Spike said anxiously. The ponies look amazed and surprised. The princess knows about how Ben got his powers...as well as what his Triforce Cutie Mark means?

"Well, don't keep us in suspense. What's the story?" Rainbow asks Celestia impatiently. "Well...if you don't mind."

"Indeed, I don't. Please sit." Celestia requests to the ponies. They, along with Spike, sat down on the floor. "As you all know, the Rainbow of Light became the Elements of Harmony. There are six that you know of; Honestly, Kindness, Laughter, Geneorsity, Loyalty and of course Magic."

"Yes, we all know that very well." Rarity said with a nod.

"But, there's more...there are also...more Elements of Harmony."

The ponies gasp, along with Spike. Nyx ask in amazement, "More Elements of Harmony, really?"

"Does it have something to do with my Triforce Cutie Mark, mom?" Ben asks Celestia hopefully.

"Indeed...there are three Elements of Harmony...called the Triforce Mark." Celestia explains to her son. "The Moochik before his disappearance once said that these Elements are well hidden...but will appear when a worthy pony is found."

"Triforce Mark?" Twilight ask thoughtfully.

"When using such powers of any that bears the Triforce Mark, one must understand the principles." Celestia states with a thoughtful statement on what was being said before continuing. "The first is Wisdom. One needs to uphold the knowledge to understand many things this ability can give all in order to learn." Then when that part of Wisdom was explained, the next subject came into picture. "The second is Courage. The person must be able to have courage to face such problems. That is where Wisdom can give aid for even in great stress, knowledge can save one's life." It was now finally time to move on to the last part after the Courage explanation. "The final is Power. This gives the user one of such strengths & feats to make even the impossible possible. That includes the will to use or cast strong magic. But there is a warning for those when using this last one." That part really got many's attention, it almost sounded like a warning. "To use Power, one must first have the Wisdom followed by the Courage to confront & control it without fear. If any choice not to go by such careful motion, they end up corrupting themselves into madness. That is why one must be careful, for any that don't have the Wisdom first before obtaining Power, then trying to gain Wisdom after gaining Power can only fuel those with evil thoughts to misuse such gifts. As for the Courage, it remains useless with the one that is corrupted." All this hit the others like hard nails; they never knew that something like this that could bring good, could also bring forth the bad? "Rest easy, Ben Mare has safely gone through the correct path, first, knowing the Wisdom, secondly, having the Courage to follow such knowledge, then finally, the Power within that one must know how to use it correctly, to help their follow kind."

From hearing this, many of the ponies in the room felt their little smiles coming back, and that's a good thing for them and their friend Ben Mare.

"So...when Ben ended up on that library shelf that day..." Pinkie said thoughtfully. "He couldn't control the Power part without Wisdom...or Courage?"

"Indeed...but he has done the correct path. The Wisdom is a bit complicated to explain...but you know that Ben Mare has gained the Element of Courage when he fought Boris and saved us...and the Power was after he was restored." Celestia explains with a smile.

"So...where are the Elements of Courage, Wisdom and Power?" Ben ask his mother curiously.

"Son, you should...they are in you!"

The ponies gasp in surprise and shock by this announcement with Koga barking in surprise. Nyx ask her adopted grandmother, "Wait, the Triforce Elements are in daddy?"

"And he got his flying and magic through those Elements?" Spike asks as well.

"There's more to the story...but that's for another time." Celestia said seriously then smiles. "But yes. The Moochick said that one pony will have the Triforce Elements within him or her...and my son is the one! It took me all these years, as well as what happened to Ben in that library that day, but yes."

"Wow..." Ben said as he glances at his Triforce. "So I am three Elements at once? Crazy."

"If Discord was unstoned, he would have one Tartartus of a time trying to discorded you, buddy." Rainbow chuckles in amusement.

"That's telling him, Aunt Dashie!" Nyx giggles happily, earning a puzzled look from Celestia.

"I made my friends Nyx's honorable aunts." Twilight explains to Celestia, solving the princess's puzzled look.

"Ah, that explains. Ben, best to be careful though; someday, there may be tyrants that could kill just to get your Triforce Elements...but until then, use your powers to help your love, your friends and such wisely." Celestia said as she stood up. "But until then...time for you all to go to bed. You have an eventual day."

"Yeah...thanks, mom." Ben said as he got up. "Twilight, I'm going to take Nyx to bed."

Twilight nods a bit. Ben takes Nyx and Koga upstairs to bed while the rest of the Mane Six said their goodbyes to their unicorn friend and Spike before leaving the library to head home.

"Twilight...do you still have the Love of Eternal, the same necklace that Ben gave you back in Canterlot a while ago?" Celestia ask Twilight hopefully.

"Yes, I hid it in a secret place in the library in case that I may need it." Twilight answers Celestia. "Why?"

"Keep it well hidden...someday, it may be needed again..."

----------

It was later that night as Nyx, Spike, Koga and Pee-Wee are sleeping. Ben is in his own bed, back into place, smiling at the night sky. The stallion is staying in Ponyville for good...no more worrying about being chased as well as autograph hounds. The stallion is now a friend to the ponies.

Even though the ponies found about how he was once the Demon Pony, they accepted him since Princess Luna was once Nightmare Moon...and some ponies have come to accept Nyx who was once evil herself. Redemption isn't easy...but it will be worth it.

Ben notices Twilight coming into bed and got in, nuzzling her love while saying, "I love you..."

"I know, I know." Ben said while hugging his true love. "I'm sorry that I worried you. I promised, this time, for sure...I will never go away ever...."

"I know...and if some ponies give you problems, Demon Pony or no...I will fight to keep you here...and even though you are an Element holder, I love you anyway."

Ben smiles as he and Twilight kiss before falling to sleep in each other's hooves. The stallion smiles in his sleep...he is indeed one of the most luckiest stallions in Equestria.

The End

Cast list
Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle
Jason Marsden: Ben Mare
Ashleigh Bell: Applejack, Rainbow Dash
Andrea Libman: Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Daisy, Pumpkin Cake
Tabitha St. Germain: Rarity, Granny Smith, Mrs. Cake, Pound Cake, Derpy Hooves
Cathy Weseluck: Spike the Dragon, The Mayor of Ponyville
Michelle Creber: Apple Bloom
Claire Corlett: Sweetie Belle
Madeline Peters: Scootaloo
Daviegh Chase: Nyx
Nicole Oliver: Princess Celestia, Cheerilee
Peter New: Big Macintosh
Kayzie Rogers: Koga the Wolf Cub
Brian Dummond: Mr. Cake
Chantal Stand: Diamond Tiara
Shannon Chan-Kent: Silver Spoon
With special guest voice by
Mark Hamill: Lorcan

Author's Note:

The characters, except the OCs Ben Mare, Nyx and Koga, belong to their respective creators. The OCS belongs to me and Penstrokepony.

Good story, eh folks? I hope you like it as I did making it. It's time to do another alternative version. Here's the summary and set up...

Night Chaos: (a slight alternate version of the "Friendship Is Magic" Part 2) What if Nightmare Moon purposely released Discord upon her return as a means of distracting potential enemies? In other words, Twilight and her new friends would have to defeat Discord BEFORE getting to Nightmare Moon.

That should be it until now. I hope you folks like this story and be waiting for the next fic. Until next time, read, review and suggest!

Comments ( 12 )

And for Boris? :applejackunsure:

Hooray! Ben's staying in Ponyville with Twilight and Nyx! What a joyous occasion!

And Twilight making her best friends Nyx's honorary aunts? How wonderful! :twilightsmile:

Great story, pal!

its over? that was fast. and one thing.

Without warning, the mares jumped Ben, knocking him to the ground. Rarity quickly put an anti-magic collar around his neck before Fluttershy throws him into a bag.
"Hey, release me! You can't do this!" Ben protests as he struggles to escape the bag but to no prevail. The stallion finds himself unable to teleport as the mares take him away with Koga following.

:facehoof: they just practically foal napped him.....

3457492

True, but how else would they get Ben to the party? :rainbowlaugh:

Dude, you seriously need to check grammar. Your stories are awesome, but proofread, proofread, proofread.

3477665

Well, I will be honest, normally I do that and sometime I miss some stuff at times. And which in any cases, I need an editor to help that. Not sure if a pal of mine is editing so figuring out how to do the editing thing can be a toughie.

3477761
Really I meant no offense. I love your stories they're funny and well done, just some small tweaks here and there then they will be better.

Great ending.

Comment posted by Rocka Leone deleted Jun 28th, 2015

6142027

Uh, no, no. That ending is NOT going to cut it. Too depressing and not the point of my series.

like i said i'm sorry

TB9

3417663
Thats a lie and you know it

Login or register to comment