• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 3,516 Views, 657 Comments

The Cassandra Chronicles - CassandraMyOCisBestpony



These are the various-genre adventures of my OC Cassandra, the seventh Element of Harmony

  • ...
253
 657
 3,516

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36: Manehattan

The Mane 7 were in Manehattan to cheer on Rarity at a fashion show. Rarity was very nervous, so she was glad to have Cassandra as her rock. The others were decent to have around too, she supposed. When she got to the fashion show, she met her old friend Suri Polomare.

"Hey Rarity, m'kay! It's so good to see you. Can I have some of your special fabric, so that I can, like, win the contest instead of you, 'kay?"

"I don't see any harm in that."

"Careful," warned Cassandra, "I think she might be pulling a ruse."

"Hmm," said Rarity, "after much consideration, I think I shall... Ignore your advice. Suri, I insist you take my diagrams and a hundred bolts of fabric."

Outside, a bird stole Spike's hot dog and he looked depressed. The other ponies didn't notice, but Cassandra used her Level 99 empathy to detect the problem.

"Don't worry kiddo, I've got your back." She lifted him up into the air and he used his fire breath to roast the bird nice and crispy.

"Cassandra, I'm glad you're my friend," said Spike, "you're prettier than Rarity, smarter than Twilight, and better at tic tac toe than Pinkie Pie." He took a bite of his roast pigeon.

"Now Spike, all of our friends have special gifts and wonderful traits that that make us a great team."

"Even Applejack?"

"If we dig deep enough, I'm sure."


The next day, the ponies were presenting their designs to Prim Hemline. To Rarity's great surprise, Suri Polomare had stolen her idea! Because she had ignored Cassandra's advice, she was in a real jam. She ran out of the room crying. Cassandra snatched up Suri and dragged her outside. She pinned her down on the sidewalk, her head over the curb and in the path of traffic.

"Please, let me go, kay?" begged Suri, "I didn't know she was your friend, I would've never stolen from her if I did." A cart came whizzing by, but Cassandda pulled Suri out of the way.

"I have a zero tolerance policy for bullying," said Cassandra fiercely

"She gave me her fabric, m'kay? What did she think would happen?" Another cart passed by, and Cassandra again pulled her out of the way.

"Not sure how many more times I'm gonna do that," warned Cassandra

"Fine, I give! I'll quit the contest and disappear forever, kay?"

"Kay indeed." She kicked Suri in the ribs, "you should be more careful. You're always falling down the stairs."

Suri gurgled, and Cassandra assumed that if she could talk, she would say "kay."


Back at the hotel, Rarity had enlisted her friends' help to make the hotel items into clothes. They weren't doing a very good job, but fortunately Cassandra came back and fixed all the clothes.

The next morning, they had to haul ass to get to the fashion show in time. Applejack had never been in the city before, and didn't grasp the concept of looking both ways before crossing the street, so she got hit by a cart and died.

At the fashion show, Rarity won the contest with the clothes that Cassandra helped make.

"You're my hero, Cassandra," swooned Rarity.

"No" said Cassandra, "you're the hero, Rarity." They all gasped, not knowing how that could be possible. "Your purple clothes would never have won, and your misplaced trust gave us the opportunity to make something better. So good job Rarity."

"I shall give you some practice kissing to show my thanks!"

Rarity gave up a lucrative job to Coco Pommel. As a thanks, Pommel gave her a spool of thread.

"I can't use this." said Rarity

"Aw, how sentimental" said Coco.

"No, I mean the thread colour has to match the fabric, and this changes colour every foot, so it's useless and rubb- ouch!" Cassandra had kicked her in the leg. "What I mean to say is, I'll treasure this forever. Thank you Coco."

They went to see Hinny of the Hills, and invited Coco Pommel along because they had an extra ticket thanks to Applejack's demise.

However, the hills were not alive for the lead actress, who got sick at the last minute. Luckily, Cassandra was a Pony Award winning stage actress so she filled in, and she was perfect and wonderful, but in a restrained manner so she didn't upstage the other actors.

"That was the best performance we've ever seen!" declared Chief Thunderhooves.

PreviousChapters Next