• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 3,516 Views, 657 Comments

The Cassandra Chronicles - CassandraMyOCisBestpony



These are the various-genre adventures of my OC Cassandra, the seventh Element of Harmony

  • ...
253
 657
 3,516

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 64: The Film Studio [Equestria Girls Specials, Part 2]

The Mane 8 were at the set of the new Daring Do movie. After watching the filming of the scene, in which Cassandra corrected a scripting error, the girls decided to look around the set.

“I want to go look at the props that Cassandra and AK Yearling made,” said Twilight, “so that’s what all of us are doing.”

“Now hold on a minute, Twilight,’ said Cassandra, “being friends means respecting each others’ different interests, and not always forcing them to do what you want.”

“Oh Cassandra, how could I have been so blind to that?” said Twilight.

“Don’t feel bad,” said Cassandra, “it took your Equestrian counterpart a long, long time to learn that one, but I persevered because I was just that devoted to teaching her the magic of friendship.”

“You really are the best,” said Twilight.

“I know,” said Cassandra, “now I’ll go with Dash and Twilight to show them the props. Fluttershy and Rarity, you go visit the star of the movie, I hear she’s an environmental activist on the side. I’ve already solved the animal homelessness problem, but I’m sure you can find some charitable cause to rope her into.”

“Cassandra darling, you’re a genius!” said Rarity

“Pinkie and Spike - did you know that the builder of the studio was an eccentric with a sweet tooth and that there’s a cupcake fountain?”

“We didn’t know that! You’re so smart, Cassandra!” said Pinkie.

“Ah wanna see the sets!” said Applejack.

“Sunset, since you drew the short straw, you have to go with her and make sure she doesn’t break anything,” instructed Cassandra

“It’s a burden, but it’s fair,” said Sunset.


Cassandra, Twilight, and Rainbow were inspecting the props.

“So after AK Yearling called me up, I was all too happy to verify the props for her. The rest as they say, is history.” Cassandra took a bow, and the others clapped.

“Excuse me, but did you just say you were Cassandra?” said a new voice. They turned around to see a fair-skinned glasses-wearing girl with blue ponytails tied down with bangles shaped like film reels. “I’m a big fan of Daring Do myself, and I wanted to thank you for making this movie happen. Oh, I’m Juniper Montage by the way, the director’s niece.”

“My, that’s a villainously long name,” commented Cassandra, “mind if we call you June for short?”

“I do mind.”

“All right then, but don’t blame me if these mush-mouths can’t get it right.”

“I’m such a big fan of Daring Do, and you by extension, Cassandra!” gushed Juniper, “I wanted to play Daring Do more than anything but my uncle wouldn’t go for it! I mean, can you think of even one good reason why they wouldn’t cast a fair-skinned actress to play an olive-skinned character? Anyway, I have the keys to everywhere in the studio.”

“Do a lot of people have keys like that?” asked Cassandra

“Nope just me, I’m unique and cool and special like that. But if the police ask, then lots and lots of people have sets of keys just like mine, any questions?”

“I have one,” said Twilight, “Do they call you Jupiter Monologue because you talk a lot?”


Later that day, a lot more trouble happened. The star got mad, a volcano set collapsed, and the props went missing! They spotted a hooded figure running away and gave pursuit.

They chased the hooded figure through a Western movie set where two cowboys were shooting at each other. Suddenly, Applejack doubled over, clutching her abdomen

"Aaah! Ah've been shot! They got me right in th' six pack! This is it fer me! G'bye cruel world! Tell Braeburn ah love him!"

"Applejack," said Cassandra

"No, Cassandra, ya gotta leave me behind, there ain't nothin' you can do ta save me now. Take care'a Big Mac an' Applebloom for me! Ah bequeath you my hat an' my outstandin' debts."

"APPLEJACK!" repeated Cassandra.

"W-what?" asked Applejack weakly.

"For the love of Celestia, those aren't real bullets!"

"Huh?" Applejack removed her hand from the supposed bullet-wound, revealing nothing but a very small bruise. "Well how 'bout that?"

"I'll be happy to take you up on that request to leave you behind if you don't get your flank into gear."

"No need, ah'm all good," said AJ, picking herself up. As the group resumed their chase, Cassandra called back to Applejack.

"By the way, you're a couple cans short of a six-pack, in more ways than one." As an apprentice Element of Honesty, Applejack was glad to receive that lesson in honesty.


Next, they chased her through a Power Ponies set where due to a hilarious mixup, they were mistaken for the Power Ponies and put into costumes that included high-heeled boots. Finally, when they arrived on the set of "Precipitation with a Probability of Penne," they lost her. Everyone was out of breath except for Dash who had super speed, and Cassandra who was the only one smart enough to think of taking her heels off. Suddenly, the hooded figure ambushed them with a net that she just found. Only Dash and Cassandra were able to evade it.

“Leave us, an’ go get th’ thief!” exclaimed Applejack

“That was plan,” said Cassandra. They chased the hooded figure into a supply closet, but the hooded thief got the jump on them and locked them in.

“I could easily break down the door, but it’d be expensive to replace,” said Cassandra.

“Your thoughtfulness is turning me so on!” said Rainbow Dash, “As long as we’re locked in here, wanna make the most of our time?” she asked, seductively. Before Cassandra could respond, there was a banging on the door.

“Dash! Cassandra! Are you in there?” called Sunset.

“Yeah!” said Dash, “someone who has the keys to all the doors in the studio must’ve locked us in here.”

“That information means nothing to me!” yelled back Twilight

“Twilight, use your telekinetic powers to unlock the door!” said Cassandra.

“Oh, that’s a good idea.” The lock clicked open and Dash and Cassandra were freed.

“You did it Twilight!” said Dash.

“That’s not all,” said Cassandra, “using my level 99 deductive skills, I’ve figured out our culprit, and I have a plan to catch her. Now in keeping with the rules of film, I can’t explain the plan or else it won’t work, but because I am the Element of Trust, you all are obligated to trust that I know best.”


Cassandra stood victoriously, holding the black-clad Juniper Montage under citizen’s arrest, her perfect plan having worked flawlessly.

“I never would’ve guessed that it was Jennifer Monsoon who stole the props, locked us in the closet, and destroyed the volcano set,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Hold on a minute, I didn’t destroy any set!” objected Juniper

“Yeah, uhm ‘bout that, ah mighta accidentally knocked out a couple’a support beams while ah was lookin’ around over there” said Applejack.

“Juicier Montauk, I am very disappointed in you,” said Canter Zoom, “Turn in your keys and leave the studio.”

“Can I keep the outfit though?” asked Juniper pleadingly

“She does look fetch in black,” said Rarity.”

“Fine,” said Canter Zoom.

“Hey, any chance you have extra roles for seven female teenagers and one dog?” asked Rainbow Dash

“As a matter of a fact, I have exactly that amount of vacancies right now,” said Canter Zoom, “hmm, I probably could’ve offered one to my niece.”

Cassandra graciously stayed behind the scenes because she didn’t want to upstage Chestnut. Chsetnut turned out to be the good guy all along, and was only made because she had to do a documentary on apples. The movie was a brilliant success and once again Cassandra had saved the day.

“Hey Rarity, whatever happened happened to that magic mirror I gave you?” asked Cassandra

“Oh, I lost it, but don’t worry dear, what are the chances that some evil villain will just randomly stumble upon it?”


“Very high.”

“Er, what was that?” said Juniper Montage

“I said, ‘the number of favors your uncle owes me for giving you this job is very high. Now stop looking at that mirror and get back to work!”

TO BE CONTINUED

PreviousChapters Next