• Published 4th Aug 2013
  • 2,044 Views, 42 Comments

Four Seasons, Four Princesses - Boldish42



Twilight has an idea. So why not talk it over with her fellow princess? Nothing to big... Right?

  • ...
5
 42
 2,044

Taking Initiative

“Ladies, thank you for coming. I realize this council was called on short notice, but it could not wait.”

The council room had a foreboding atmosphere to it in stark contrast to its normal cozy feel. The rooms lights were low casting ominous shadows, the familiar little round tea table was replaced with a rectangular conference table, an odd box positioned at one end. Finally, and perhaps most disturbing, an odd smoke hung in the air, making the room seem downright claustrophobic.

“... Luna, it’s two in the morning, what is this about? And what are you doing?” Celestia had to will herself to be patient as she asked her questions, two AM was not a good time for her.

Luna turned to view her peers, each one disheveled in some way. Celestia’s mane hung limp, her eyes almost shut and wings sagging, Cadance had bags under her eyes and her mane up in curlers, her robe hanging open and a cup of coffee floating next to her. Twilight was.. wired, her wings seemed to be locked open, her mane sticking up at odd angles and then her eye seemed to twitch uncontrollably. Her smile was nice, a bit too wide though. Luna smiled to herself as the unanticipated side effect of her meeting seemed to be that she was the best looking of the princesses at the moment.

“This my dear sister is about the fate of Equestria, Neigh! The World! And it’s called smoking.”

“The fate of the world rests on smoking?” Cadance mumbled drowsily.

“No, I am smoking, the worlds fate, rests on us fighting aliens.” Luna replied. Seriously, why can’t ponies stay awake at night? It’s not that hard.

Twilight sprang forward triumphantly.“ALIENS I KNEW IT! THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING! OKAY SO AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS CHANGELINGS, OR FLUTTER PONIES OR A GIANT CONSPIRACY OF SECRET SOCIETIES, BUT ALIENS EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!!! THE EVERFREE, PYRAMIDS, PINKIE, LATE BOOKS, AND WHY APPLEJACK KEEPS PIGS! I MEAN SERIOUSLY WHAT’S WITH THE PIGS? WHAT DOES SHE DO WITH THEM? NO MILK NO EGGS NO WOOL! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? AND WHY IS THERE A STROBE LIGHT IN HERE? DID ALIENS DO THAT TOO?”

“Twilight, please not so loud, I want to be able to get back to sleep after this.” Celestia grumbled, her ears flat against her head.

“SORRY! I MEAN, SORRY I HAD ABOUT 3 CUPS OF COFFEE AND A HALF DOZEN RED MINOTAURS SO I’D BE READY FOR THIS MEETING.”

“So right aliens, they’re a problem, can we talk about this later?” Cadance asked.

Taking her co-rulers in her magic, Luna deposited them in their chairs. Not their normal comfy ones though, these were hard and uncomfortable and fifty years out of style. Taking a drag from her cigarette she gathered herself.

“Lights.”

The feeble lights that were illuminating the room went out, only to be replaced by a powerful white light lancing out from the box on the table projecting a map of Equestria on the far wall. Celestia and Cadance flinched at the sudden light changes.

“At approximately 0600 hours, June 21, 1000CR, contact with an extraterrestrial force was made here.” Luna dramatically stabbed at a forest south of Canterlot. “Local forces responded, but were quickly overwhelmed. Fortunately, a crack team of specialists were able to end this encounter peacefully, this time. But we can’t rely on luck forever. And so, I’ve taken the Initiative and have begun assembling an organization, to take Command of these Unknown threats, which we have dubbed X’s. I call it.. COMM-X!”

“... Auntie Luna wasn’t that alien you? And that “crack team’ Twilight and her friends?”

“Luna where did you even get cigarettes?”

“COMICS? LIKE SPIKES COMICS?”

“Our mission: survive, adapt, etc etc. Also comics? That is genius! We can tell the public the truth without leaving anything out, but they will think it’s all fiction! Excellent!” Luna happily exclaimed.

“Luna! Cigarettes are poison, where did you get them!?”

“ISN’T ANYPONY GOING TO ANSWER THAT PHONE? IS THAT THE PHONE? IT SOUNDS LIKE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, OR IS IT MORE OF AN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. NO WAIT ITS EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.”

“I got them from an import store, they come from the minotaur lands. Also we’re immortal. Ha! Take that poison!”

“Yes they can’t kill you but they can still muck up your lungs well enough. Whatever I just want to get back to bed, this COMM-X sounds unnecessary, but maybe we can make it slate as a research project if you really want to do this. What is your estimated budget to start this Luna?” Celestia managed to ask, even as her head drooped.

“Start? No I called you here to tell you it is up and running.” Luna nervously smiled.

“So wait, you called us all together to tell us you were doing this COMM-X thing, but you’ve already done it?” Cadance glared at her aunt. “I’m going back to bed, good night.”

“CAN I SEE YOUR NEW BASE LUNA? I MEAN I ASSUME THERE’S A BASE, CAUSE YOU’D HAVE TO HAVE A PLACE TO COMMAND FROM OTHERWISE WHY WOULD THERE BE COMM IN THE NAME? OOOH! DO YOU THINK ALIENS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE HARD THINGS AT THE END OF THE LACES ON BOOTS?”

The sound of Twilight yammering faded off in the distance as Luna took her to her new base. Celestia was left passed out at the table.

Author's Note:

Haha! got it up Before work this time! though i feel I rushed the end again, also I didn't know how to finish it.

Video Games are the bane of my productive existence. Three guesses at what I've been playing.

I have no idea when I may update again, but the idea I am working on should at least have an ending.

Hope this holds you over or gives you a chuckle. Heck I'll settle for a smile. Take Care!

Comments ( 13 )

What the hell is going on in this story?:derpyderp1: lol.

3109501I have no idea. Whatever I think up really. I was stuck on xcom for the past week and I thought to myself 'HOW WOULD THIS HAPPEN IN EQUESTRIA' cue chapter.

RED MINOTAURS

Best drink name ever.

~Skeeter The Lurker

“... Auntie Luna wasn’t that alien you? And that “crack team’ Twilight and her friends?”

Fantastic.

3112276Meh what? Meh what?!! Tell me! I must improve!

I love Twilight's telephone thing

3112414
I didnt like this chapter its too loose and only consist out of "sleep deprived alicorns"(with is a good gag if rightly used but thats it:its a gag not a major point) and a cheap x-comm(great game btw) shout out.

Wasn´t the orginal plan to answer question in the comment while shenanigans and antics ensue? You derailed that into a wall -.-

that chapter cant really stand on its own it would be better suited as prologue part to a longer chapter (where we see what luna does with comm-x)

3113173 First, thank you for the critiquing, I appreciate the opinion and it helps keep things together. You're right about what the idea was for the story, the questions thing, but like I said, I was trapped in a game and I wanted to post something and that was stuck in the forefront of my mind. It is very loose, too loose, and I intend to fix it up a bit. You called it a gag, I agree, but to me that is also what this whole story is :twilightblush:, I started it with just that first gag and then I was done, then when people liked it so I asked for more gags. Happily however, I do intend for this to come up again in more.. coherent chapters down the way, no aliens though.

Thank you for your assessment, I hope I answered questions and wasn't just a defensive jerk.

BTW got any ideas you'd like me to consider?:pinkiehappy:

Also in case anyone was wondering, I was playing The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.
I give it a B-, maybe a C+, but that holds more negative connotations than it deserves I think. Whatever I'm not a game reviewer.

3113946

BTW got any ideas you'd like me to consider?

well only the usual get a editor advise^^ it never hurts to have someone read your story and give some input about it.

3114354 Meant for the story, you know the letters?

3114366
? i have no idea what you want to say^^

Dear council,
As a concerned citizen, I wish to ask why the Buck are the Mares in Black and Comm-X beating the hay out of each other over a foal's frisby on my front lawn at 3 o'clock in the Bucking morning???
Signed cHaOs PoNy

Login or register to comment