• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,205 Views, 463 Comments

To Guide the Wicked - Allsmiles



The oldest forces of evil in Equestria need to find a somepony new, because their regular go-to baddies keep dropping like flies. And in an act of desperation they turn to a promising new agent of evil... and you.

Comments ( 32 )

[Wonderful! This is truly appreciated, thank you ever so much!]

Thank you sir, am I correct in my assumption that basic conversations and plotting goes here, brother questions go in the q&a's and that story influences go into the story comments? May I also ask if this "chapter" will show up as a new one in each update? Will there be an extra half of the chapter for the newcomers to give them the basic outline of some of the major plans us "voices" have started to plan and the names of the commentators so that the newcomers can ask them questions if they feel the need? Or am I asking to much?
And a question for my fellow conspirators (there is a better word somewhere but I've been on a schedule as of late) should we continue with our call signs while here?

The Chessmaster

Very nice, however a couple picky little things
1) Can you put Dreamless Sleep in with the rest of the NMM Legacy mutations? Everfree Blood is between Dreamless Sleep and the rest of its own Legacy.
2) Somniloquy sounds like a NMM mutation due to the whole "(mildly) control others while they sleep" thing
3) You said you would assign the "Mane 6" colors to use as they talk. Could you make their name on this page the color they talk in?
4) Three short term goals you left out (not sure if on purpose or otherwise)
-Train with new abilities
-Find some way to make Trixie useful
-Don't die (an oldie-but-goodie)
5) Perhaps names for all of the different groups of mutations, not just Legacy? (if needed, ask us *imaginarily gestures towards other readers of this story* for help)
6) Not relevant, but DAMN he got a lot of scars during his short stay in the Everfree
7) Why is his horn blue when the rest of him is grey/gray (I can never remember the correct spelling)

I greatly thank thee for putting this up. It will be interesting to see how it changes over time .

You Sir are a gentleman and scholar, and we thank you for this resource.
A couple notes:
The Box Plot - He also knows it contains the Alicorn Amulet, not what the Amulet does, however.
I also agree with Monkey Ninja that grouping the mutations by Legacy, and a colour to character chart (at least for the characters we've met), would be advantageous

3966782
"And a question for my fellow conspirators (there is a better word somewhere but I've been on a schedule as of late)," Collaborators? Colluders? Plotters? "should we continue with our call signs while here?"
I don't see why not. Slate doesn't hear us directly anyway so it's purely for our own amusement.

The Archivist.

3967760
The horn is blue because it came from Trixie's blood and Trixie is a blue unicorn.

3969668 that horns is going to cause a lot of proplemx in the future
3967760 I agree don't die to many villians forget that they can die, and yes is there a piony when he is not in alife or death case i am including angrey females into this because of there crazzienss

3973637
Your spelling and grammar are so bad that I am unable to tell what you are trying to tell me.

3975226 Just use thermite. I'm not gonna post a recipe here, as I'd rather not get banned, but I'm sure you can find one.

Comment posted by The Great Derpsby deleted Feb 24th, 2014

4038468
(Hmmm. While Zecora's words carry weight with the townsponies now, you have a point—there's the danger of them simply assuming him to be some sort of Everfree Horror.

Which, while surprisingly accurate, is not something we want at this moment in time.)

4107659

Excuse me, but we aren't forming a Saturday morning supervillain. We're forging a psychotic mass murderer capable and willing to cause pain and chaos. Last resort my arse. We may as well develop his taste for blood early in the game. If she can be convinced, then so be it. But I would prefer we kill her and be done with it, as time wasted trying to convince her could let this opportunity for murder with no witnesses slip by.

4108021

(I'm not going to try and convince you that Zecora is to important to kill, because you disagree. That's fair enough. I will say this to try and convince you not to kill her. She's not yet that dangerous to our plans, and the dead can't suffer. Think about what we've done to her so far. Made her fall in love, devastated her when she thought we were working with Trixie, repaired the relationship, and now have hurt her again by making her believe, accurately, but not the point, that Blank's possessed by malevolent forces. Zecora is far to much fun to keep alive.)

I would suppose so, but can we really risk the fun ending too early? As great as it would be to have her still be alive, useful and more importantly capable of torment, there isn't much chance of that. Unless some immediate alternative solution presents itself, I say play it safe and kill her. Besides, Blanky's first kill has to happen eventually, and I would prefer it sooner rather than later, and have it be someone he likes to desensitize him to future murders.

4108036
(What risk? If she actually starts trying to physically restrain us, or calls the cavalry, then yeah. We stab her in the neck. Until then we have psyches to crumble.)

4108227

I don't know if you noticed, but she lives in the Everfree forest as a trained alchemist. She knows how to fight, can create much more powerful sedatives to overpower poison resistance, and apparently how to 'cure' our host. I don't see how an uncooperative Zecora isn't a problem. She can very quickly ruin everything, and I would much prefer her instant death and the promise of freedom to cause future psychiatric abuse, rather than take a chance to let her live and end the fun early.

Plus you know it's about time our 'hero' takes a truly dark turn rather than just plan it and have dirty thoughts. We haven't been whispering to a psychopath, we haven't been whispering to an antagonist, a mass murderer, a dictator. We have been whispering to nothing but a worthless pervert toiling around pointlessly to satisfy worthless mortal pleasures with the flimsy excuse of future torment that never seems to bloody come! Trixie is emotionally vulnerable and therefor easy and fun to toy with in a swift manner, but the only reason I advocated the zebra relationship was to gain some explosives! Looks like there isn't chance of that happening now, so her existence beyond being a charred corpse is entirely pointless and more importantly actively dangerous towards our goals!

If she dies tonight by Blank's hoof, then we start a downward spiral. A downward spiral that will lead to absolutely delightful places. Which would you prefer? A somewhat abusive and manipulative rump-ogling pimp, or a murderous psychopath ready and willing to topple governments and destroy lives just for the fun of it?

4108261

Which would you prefer? A somewhat abusive and manipulative rump-ogling pimp, or a murderous psychopath ready and willing to topple governments and destroy lives just for the fun of it?

Honestly? A dispasionate narcissist that converts existence into a torturous, immutable, clockwork grinding down to inevitable oblivion. Alternately I'd also vote for the web-spinner locking Equestria in stasis, provided the status quo was bleak enough.
And Zecora doesn't know how to cure the host, because she doesn't know what she's dealing with. She could work it out, certainly, but that will take time. Right now, time is our friend, and while it remains so we should use it to the full. To quote an Armyism "Prior Preperation Prevents Piss-Poor Performence", or, while we have time to plan and prep, use it. Because when the semi-solid digestive by-product hits the rotary air agitator, the only protections you have are what you set up previously.

4109520
Agreed, we could tone down the lightning as it leaves the rods, just enough to put her lights out. Besides, that scream means there's still somepony in trouble, and shitty life in Manehatten aside, we will go to the aide of a mare/filly in danger....so long as there's something in it for us.

4109123
True, you've known where the box was since it was hidden. You could have taken it and left and she would not have been able to stop you. Tell her of this point. In fact, you didn't even know what was in the box until recently, nor do you know what the buck an Alicorn Amulet is! But that is beside the point; if that scream wasn't Zecora, that means there is somepony in danger out there that you need to find and save! If Zecora isn't going to help you save her, then it's time to put her on the ground with some lightning and go! You can get her apology (and apologize for the shock) later!

Our pawn keeps getting himself lost...This is actually starting to get HIGHLY ANNOYING! From the Timberwolves, he already holds the essence of the Everfree within him, we just need to expand this into a connection to the forest (Think what Aang did in the swamp episode, the sight through the trees).

Try to use everfree whispers to train plant animal it is a everfree plant sort of
Scoro the demon

4507416
I know not of these Requium or Masqurede of which you speak, but remember this. The host's blood is also a volitile poison, any servents we gained, enhanced or not, would perish within days, if not hours. This idea does have merit though. A compromise perhaps?

Feeding the host's blood to a victem would create a powerful, though temporary, brainless soldiers. Just biting our victim will enslave their will alone, while allowing them to retain the appearence of free will. Biting the victim and THEN giving him/her Blanks blood would create a slavishly loyal, and powerful soldier without, or with a deminished, risk of death and still retaining sentience.

Your Thoughts?

Nomad

4508641
Masquerade is a vampire game set in the (old) World of Darkness, and the origin of the term "Gothic-Punk". Requiem is the New World of Darkness equivalent. One trait they both share is that "vitae", blood changed by a vampire's supernatural metabolism, is highly addictive, narcotic, and when ingested by a mortal said mortal gains a portion of the vampires power. Stronger, faster, sharper senses, resilience, others depending on the regent.
They also have the "Kiss" being the subject of vampiric feeding is described as half-way between an orgasm, and a herion hit. (Yes, opiates are used as a metaphor far to often) And some people, "blood dolls" in the games parlance, are addicted to it as well.

All of which is a long-winded way of saying I can see your compromise working. Using the pleasure of feeding to enslave ponies, while using blood to boost them beyond their limits, at the cost of serious to deadly damage.

Archivist

Zecora: Current Relationship: Lover that you are currently living with, saved your life and the mare that you gave your virginity to. Also, the mare you shot with a lightning bolt, have yelled at in her sleep, tied up at her hut, and just recently introduced to the view of you sobbing.

Heh. Made me giggle.

Comment posted by Dark_Light deleted May 24th, 2015

6039647 I never stopped to think that the beast was made of rocks on the inside, however your plan to BURN it is rather smart.

In the likely event that that massive beast trys to eat you, nothing quite says bad touch to a fleshbeast like a flamethrower down the throat, and unlike it's stony outside I'm sure it's inside isn't quite as fireproof. *evil laugh*

However it also has easy to burn spots on the outside such as the eyes. If these are removed then it is blind and therefor easier to kill.
- Crater, That guy who has a 50 foot long, fire breathing, and hella sexy She-dragon for a girlfriend (P.S. Yes i am a bean)

HAIL THE FLAME

(Hey guys! Here's a suggestion, why don't we stop trying to make him more powerful ability wise and being evil for a bit and start working more heavily on his connections with everyone else, and start to work on planting the image of him as a good-guy/hero in their minds? It would make all the future problems that could arise so much easier to deal with, and the Zecora thing wouldn't be a problem anymore. influence is the most important thing to us right now not physical strength and bloodshed, I'm looking at you Pyro >.>, this would be helped along if we stopped doing things that paint is in a bad light. Appearances are everything.)
(Edit: time is not of the essence guys! Stop rushing things! If we rush we miss things; if we miss things it comes to bit us in our collective asses.)

If this demon is as good as he claims to be, by virtue of his survival in the Amulet, then if he Cannot even Act as though he is a willingly self degrading slave to Blanks needs , given that is what he is supposed to be a master of when applied to Anyone, then he should be disposed of quickly before his ego and desire for power destroy that which he should be assisting.

Rarity can fool everyone,
Trixie can fool even herself,
Can Zecora Be,
And such, can a so called demon of expertiese even be expected to match a mere mortal?

Yes, I am applying reverse psychology. At the least, it should be making you think, which is what I aim for.

Now anyone for Sudden Death chocolate bonbons with poison joke icing and hearts desire creme filling?

We need an expert in cooking. After all, theres no point making an alternative action baked good, if it looks and tastes like Sweetiebelle made it. We need such a cook who can blend ingredients to make unwanted ingredients appear a needed, if not necessary part of the flavour.

Or as dogs say about chocolate. Delicious, delicious poison.

6200936 his behavior is the biggest problem at the present moment in time, not his physical appearance. nabbing the amulet was a bad move.

6197107 Im in boys and gals. Teach him shadow clones to get demon own body always helps to promise new body as home and out of amulet or make it female and lock it in his darkest thoughts might break it.

6201455
(No, no. Not what I meant. I mean it's easier to project an image of kindness and heroism, when you're not covered in scars that, do to having green blood, look infected and decayed.)

6207387
He...so you think a being that managed to kill off a thousand of his kind and survived over one thousand years in that amulet will just bow to our will!? I would not get my hopes so high, if I were you. Maybe he will complie, but it is far more likely that that Incubus will try to get a foot in to this story.
Even if the Star of Woe subdues him, which is likely, I dont think he will just disappear. And why should we desire that? Why waste precious energy by battling a skilled survivor? Recruit him, or better, let him in on our foal. His presence could be very...advantegous, when we need a more....direct...approach to the blank flank.A much preferable option, than to just eliminate or subdue him. Every being that lasts for one thousand years has trick und skills, that can and will help our little project here.

You hear that, foal? You can be a megalomaniac anytime after that, but remember that a more subtle approach worked out way better for your, always....So keep your head cool and your tongue...rolling....

Grim

6861512

Most likely, yes. Although there is new one, with similar premise, written by me. If liked this one, I shamelessly recommend myself. :raritywink:

Login or register to comment