• Published 22nd Jul 2013
  • 3,024 Views, 42 Comments

Mindcracked - mathwiz617



Ponies in the popular Minecraft server, Mindcrack.

  • ...
5
 42
 3,024

Chapter 6

Twilight was amazed at the detail put into the underground lair Vechs resided in. Paul had given her a whirlwind tour, showing her the sprawling farm, the interspersed terrariums, the stash of powerful enchanted bows, and even Project Rainbow, arguably the noisiest spot in the base. As they went back to 'Intersection 1', Paul pointed to the sign labeled 'Stronghold'.

"That's where we need to go," he said. "The End portal is in the center of the stronghold. He's cleared a good path, so it shouldn't take long."

"Good," Twilight sighed. "My legs are starting to ache. I haven't walked this much in a long time."

The two walked through the tunnel, watching as it transitioned from solid stone to stone bricks. Before long, they came to the portal. This one was horizontal, which clearly differentiated it from the Nether portals. With a careful step, Twilight stepped into the starry plane.

She immediately emerged on the other side on top of an obsidian platform. The entire dimension pulsed with strange energy, as if actively trying to push her out. She could hear the cries of trapped endermen in the distance as Paul popped in beside her. With a nod, he led her to a small bedrock structure. Inside was another portal.

“Just hop on in, and it’ll take you home,” Paul said. Twilight looked at him. “Oh, don’t worry. I’m sure we’ll see each other again. We can call this ‘goodbye for now.’ The reset will only take a day, so come back anytime you like.”

“Thanks. I’ll be sure to come again,” Twilight said. “There’s so much to learn here. Oh, when you say ‘a day’, do you mean your time or my time?”

“My time.” Paul shook his head. “I really wish I could come with you. Your world sounds so interesting.”

Twilight nodded. “There’s rarely a dull day. It is interesting, just in a different way than this world.” She sighed. “I wish I could have stayed longer." Shaking her head, she said, "I'm not good at goodbyes. I guess that I should get going before this gets any harder."

Paul patted her on the back, slipping something into her pack, and she took a step forward. Once she touched the shimmering plane, she felt her body go weightless. Words started to scroll through her vision. Noting various names that Paul had mentioned, Twilight focused her mind on returning to Equestria.

Her sight faded out and back in, blurriness giving way to a clear picture of her room in Canterlot Castle. Looking at the clock on her desk, she saw that a day had passed since she left, give or take a few hours. Out the window, the portal remained where it had been. Opening her door, Twilight was met by unchanging expressions from the guards outside.

"The princesses are waiting for you in the throne room, Your Highness," the one on the left told her.

Nodding her thanks, Twilight gathered the magic around her for a teleportation spell. Oh, controlling magic is so much easier in this world, she thought. Launching herself through the castle, she appeared in front of the doors to the throne room in an instant. The guards in front of her greeted her, then pushed the door open, announcing her presence.

Celestia, in her ever serene voice, called for day court to be adjourned. As the nobles filtered out of the room, some rather upset, the elder Princess called down to the younger one. "Welcome back, Twilight. It is good to see you again so soon."

Luna added on from her spot beside Celestia. "Tell us of your expedition. We have been very eager to hear of your time in other lands."

Twilight looked behind her, unwilling to start until the doors were closed. She didn't want to start any rumors among the elite. After all the nobles were out of earshot, she began.


A while later, after her tale was finished, Celestia spoke. "This is quite the story, Twilight. Did you happen to bring along a souvenir from this cubic world?”

Twilight reached into her bags, pulling out the food that once filled it. The princesses were intrigued by its now flat, cubic look, but were amazed at what came out next: a shining blue pickaxe. It held a magical glow, and a piece of paper was attached to the handle. The note read:

“Twilight,

I know you may be eager to return. However, I must warn you, what you have seen is only a small fraction of what the Mindcrack world has available. Much of what is left to be seen is dangerous, and may leak into your world without you taking precautions.

Should you want to sever the link between our worlds, take this pickaxe and break the portal that led you here. Destroying one of the blocks on the side should do. This pickaxe should do that quickly enough. If you ever want to reestablish the passage, replace the block and light the center on fire.

We Crafters await your decision.

- Paulsoares Jr.”

Twilight paused as she finished reading the letter. “I would love to go back,” she said. “Maybe it would be better for you to see it though, Princess.”

Celestia thought for a second. “Indeed. You have definitely piqued my interest. How about you, Luna?”

“I must see this for myself,” the younger alicorn agreed. “How long must we wait until we can traverse this pathway ourselves?”

“About twenty minutes,” Twilight estimated, yawning. “Ah, it’s been full day since I slept properly. I’m going to go take a nap.”

As Twilight exited the room, she couldn’t help but hear the two immortals discussing their plans for their inter-dimensional vacation.

Comments ( 4 )

5206637

There will be a sequel eventually. It will feature Princess Celestia and Princess Luna in the Crack Pack world, Mindcrack's modded server. I'm playing the pack now to get ideas about what they will do.

Also, I kinda want to actually recreate this in minecraft
Has so much potential :rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment