• Published 27th Jun 2013
  • 26,671 Views, 224 Comments

The Truth of Bonds and Friendship - Gadman85



Naruko (Female Naruto) thought she knew a bit about these bonds the Hokage always talked about. However when she tries a mysterious Jutsu. She is sent to a new land where she learns the truth. Naruto and MLP crossover.

  • ...
22
 224
 26,671

Adventures Under the Sea

“I’m really sorry about asking you to do this on such short notice, Amethyst Star. I would leave it all to Spike, but he isn’t quite old enough to watch the library completely on his own,” Twilight said to a pony with a pale pink coat and a violet and purple mane.

“Don’t mention it!” Amethyst said with a grin. She was really excited about having an actual part time job where she could also watch her younger sister as well when needed. “In case you don’t return in time… Am I allowed to close up for Cider season?”

“Yes! I hope we’re back before then, but this mission could take a long time. We would be closed during that time even if we are here, so no worries. I really want to experience Cider Season in Ponyville, but the mission is important,” Twilight said with a nod as she adjusted the straps on her enchanted saddlebags.

“Sorry about the wait. I’m ready to go now,” Naruko said as she came down from her room. She turned to Amethyst Star and smiled to her and said, “Thanks again for this.”

“Remember. If you need anything Spike can really help out,” Twilight said as she opened the door. Naruko thought about saying Kyuubi could help out too, but he needed to be ready in case of an emergency to help them out. He was staying in the Ponyville area unless Naruko summoned him.

“I’ve got it! Be safe you two,” Amethyst Star said as the door shut and she leaned back to read a book while paying attention. The library didn’t really get a lot of business usually, but sometimes it did and she was ready to help if needed.

It wasn’t long until Naruko and Twilight met Apple Jack at the train station. “Did you get everything set up?” Twilight asked after greeting their friend.

“Yep. It was much easier than I thought. As soon as we got back, I knew the solution. Our cousin Caramel was more than willing to help. He don’t have his own farm, even if he has a couple of trees in his backyard. He’s been thinking about starting his own farm someday so he’s always willing to help and learn about the ways we Apples farm,” she said with a smile.

“Good to hear!” Twilight said with a grin.

“Hopefully we’ll all be back in time, but good to have something set up just in case. I was really looking forward to Ponyville Cider Season though,” Naruko said.

“Well Ah sure hope the same. I wish ya’ll the best in getting some when we do get back in time,” she said happily. She then looked around and gave a puzzled look. “Ah kinda thought you’d bring Kyuubi with ya,” she said.

“We don’t know much about the place yet. I can summon him with ease if he is needed,” Naruko answered just as they heard the train whistle blow and they got on board.

“Ooooo Weeee. I ain’t never been on the express train before,” AJ said as they found their compartment for the trip.

{-} {-} {-}

It took some time, but it was still fast as far as trains went. AJ decided that it might be a bit too fast for her liking, but it sure got the job done. As soon as they exited the train, Aqua Life found them. “Hello! I’ve been waiting for you three. Aqua Life,” she said as she extended a hoof in greeting.

“Ah’m Apple Jack,” AJ said as she gave a firm hoof shake.

“I’m Naruko Uzumaki,” the blonde unicorn greeted.

“I’m… ummm… Twilight Sparkle,” the purple pony greeted hesitantly.

“I recognize you. You kept getting on my case about the grammar in my papers a while back. I appreciated the help at first, but then you started getting all nitpicky about it,” Aqua Life said with a slight frown.

“Sorry… I wasn’t exactly the friendliest pony back then… I mean your discoveries were so amazing! I couldn't get how the grammar wasn't back then,” Twilight said.

“It’s alright. I’ve always preferred field work to paper writing. I usually just settle for passing when it comes to grammar. I’ve gotten better at least,” she said.

“That’s good to hear,” Twilight said in relief. “I was afraid you’d hold it against me or something.”

“I might have if we met back then, but after everything since then, including the reason you’re here… Such things seem needlessly petty. Anyways. Let’s get you all to my house for the night. The ship leaves early tomorrow. I’m sorry we don’t really have time for me to give you three the grand tour of Horseshoe Sands. It really is a lovely area,” Aqua said as she led the way.

{-} {-} {-}

“That ship is huge!” Naruko said once they were on the docks waiting to board the ship.

“It has to be. It takes a lot of cargo across the sea. It isn’t easy supplying such an operation and as a cover it is a cargo ship. Not everything can be taken by train everywhere, and airships can only take smaller amounts of cargo,” Aqua Life explained.

“I hope the weather holds,” Twilight said as she looked into the clouds in the sky.

“The ship can take a beating and they have a dedicated Pegasus weather crew in case any problematic weather comes our way,” Aqua further explained as they started to walk the gangway.

“Ah hope I ain’t the type of pony to get seasick,” AJ said with worry.

“Usually on a larger ship it is less of an issue. We have medicine if you need it though,” Aqua Life said.

“Ah’ll take yer word for it,” AJ said as she smiled and looked at the ocean waters. “The water sure is beautiful and blue though ain’t it,” she added.

“It’s even better when you get to actually scuba dive. I love being able to get so close to all of the fish in the sea,” Aqua said with a bright smile. “The lighting is also nice in the shallower parts of the water. Seeing the aquatic life including corals is even more amazing in that case. That’s one of the reasons I love what I do.”

“It sure is good to love what ya do. Ain’t it?” AJ asked with a smile as the two ponies nodded to each other in agreement.

{-} {-} {-}

The ship’s journey took some time, but it was rather uneventful. The Pegasus team did have to handle some storm clouds, but nothing was too bad. AJ did feel the ship rocking at times, but she managed to hold herself together and not get motion sickness. Nevertheless, she was happy to get hooves back on the ground.

“This here is what us Apples need. Ground beneath our hooves,” she said as she stepped off the ship.

“Hopefully Ponlantis won’t be a problem in that regard,” Naruko said half joking.

“It is an ancient earth pony city so I’m sure it meets earth pony standards in that aspect,” Twilight said. She then did a mini ‘yes’ dance as she said, “I still can’t believe we get to actually step foot in such a mythical place!”

She then blushed and cleared her throat as she noticed some nearby guards looking to her with raised eyebrows. “Don’t get me wrong. I’m totally focused on the mission. No problems here at all... But it is exciting!” she said with a beaming smile.

“There wasn’t any doubt you were focused,” Aqua Life said teasing Twilight a little.

“Anyways…” Twilight started. “Who will be debriefing us on current findings?” she asked as a means to establish she was focused.

“I believe Commander SkyHeart is the officer in charge. A lot of the other officers left after the initial discovery and the guards stationed here changed recently. It took a lot of work until we finally found it so the original guards are getting some much-needed leave. SkyHeart will be in charge of the full brief of the area. I’ll see you all tomorrow for our approach,” Aqua Life said as she seemed to almost skip over to the camp’s club for all ponies. She enjoyed sharing a couple of drinks with the royal guards. They were very enjoyable company.

Their meeting with Commander SkyHeart wasn’t too exciting. The most exciting part was seeing the Commander himself. He was a very muscular pegasus pony. He had slightly bigger wings as well which made quiet the impression on others. Aqua Life had filled them in on most of what they needed to know already. This meeting was more or less to check off the list and file the paperwork. It took time though, so the three mares were more than happy to find their tent after the trip this morning.

{-} {-} {-}

The next morning the group put on their gear and made their way to Ponlantis. Fortunately, it wasn’t too much of a hassle, even for AJ, to swim her way over to the site. She had the instruction from Aqua Life and assistance from both Naruko and Twilight when it came to the suit. The main problem they had was not getting too distracted by the beauty of the sea under the waves. “Ah might hafta come back here sometime and try this scuba thang again, but for the purpose of looking around,” AJ said to the others. Twilight used magic before they started which allowed them to talk to each other like normal, even while underwater.

“The ocean is the most beautiful place on our planet, especially under the waves!” Aqua said with happiness. She gave a giggle and added, “Though I might be bit biased in my opinion.” The others chuckled as they followed her including the rather stoic guard. He was with them so Aqua wouldn’t be alone after their drop off when she returned to the island camp.

“This one is clear. It seems you were right these magic constructs were ancient markers for the city or something. They don’t have any ill-intentioned magic. The only protective magics they have keep them from being destroyed,” Twilight said as she examined another one.

“They don’t even have full on preservation runes. They are well preserved, but as you pointed out they still allow algae to grow and other small aquatic plants,” Naruko said as she looked over a different one nearby.

“That don’t seem all that secretive,” AJ said.

“We figure only the residents of Ponlantis knew what they all meant and stood for. We couldn’t even really figure out much of what they mean. Maybe once you three finish your mission and we can actually examine the area, we will figure something out,” Aqua said. The guard nodded in agreement since he knew that was the prevalent theory.

AJ nodded to that. “Ah guess given it is underwater, they probably didn’t have to worry too much about intruders and such. Unless… Ya’ll don’t think there were other civilizations like it do ya’ll?”

“It could be possible, but there aren’t even obscure records of such. Ponlantis was considered little more than myth or a foal’s tale until recently though,” Aqua said in thought as both Naruko and Twilight finished their examinations of the rock markers.

Aqua noticed the two unicorns were finished and gave an update, “We’re getting close to where we first came across Ponlantis now. I really hope your mission is a success without too much damage to the place. If it wasn’t for Royal Decree, I might have still led an expedition into the city itself. The main reason such a decree didn’t upset me further is because I was promised to be part of the research and discovery team afterwards.”

Twilight approached her with a friendly smile and said, “Understandable! I’m actually a little envious of you, Aqua. I have to leave with AJ and Naruko after the mission is complete instead of staying around to study the city.”

“Why is it you aren’t staying around afterwards? I figured with you being not only very intelligent, but also Celestia’s personal student. You would be on the short list for researchers on such a project,” Aqua asked.

“I have a long-term assignment for studying the magic of friendship, the elements, and providing more information on finding other places such as this. It is fun and enjoyable as well as intellectually stimulating in its own right at least,” Twilight said.

“I can see that. If I wasn’t the kind of pony who enjoys field work, I’d be envious of such a long-term assignment,” Aqua said as the five pony divers continued.

{-} {-} {-}

“We’re here!” Aqua said as she looked down in front of her from ahead. “I really wish I could go in with you three,” she said with more than a hint of longing. She knew her job though. She would be waiting outside until they give her the all clear. Then she would make her way back with the guard. A team would come by every few hours in case something happened and the trio might need assistance. She herself would be making one of those trips out every day with a team.

Twilight, Naruko and AJ swam quicker to get over next to Aqua. Three sets of pony eyes looked down before them in awe. The underwater city had a certain beauty to it from this vantage point alone.

It was immediately obvious the city was ancient. The stone was covered in aquatic plants, coral, and algae. There were hints here and there to the color of the actual stone, which was an aged dark yellow in color. Twilight was excited about this coloration. It could very well be a sign the city itself had a lot of preservation magic work put into it, since it wasn’t dark or almost brown or black in color. The angles weren’t too smoothed out and worn away either on the stone work from what they could tell.

“Well Ah’ll be… Ain’t that a sight ta behold,” AJ said from next to her. She was looking over some of the sunken statues along what seemed to be the main entrance to the city. The statues seemed to depict ancient looking ponies with what looked like staves or other curious implements. The statues also seemed to be of different ages and of different ponies. AJ guessed these statues were of ponies revered by the inhabitants of Ponlantis.

It was a bit of a mystery the place wasn’t already well known with how well it was preserved and impressive it looked, but then again it could be protected by magic that kept curious ponies away. It could be they just happened to figure out how to bypass that magic unintentionally. It also could be maybe the magics protecting it were starting to wane. There was a very mystical thought that maybe the city’s magic itself knew what was happening in the world and it was time for the place to be discovered once again.

The group slowly approached the city. The statues were even larger than they first thought as they swam closer. “I can’t believe this city is even larger than it looked from back up there,” Naruko said.

“We never got this close…” Aqua said as she eyed the statues. She was part wary of them and part curious. Either way she had to admit the entrance was something to behold.

“Why not?” Naruko asked seemingly at ease despite keeping aware of her surroundings.

Aqua Life stared at one of the statues a little more curiously as she said, “By the time we actually found the place, we were low enough on air we couldn’t have really looked around much. Inspector BlackHoof was also leading the search that time. He’s very-“

Naruko and Twilight chuckled interrupting her as they both said, “strictly business like.”

Aqua nodded and smiled, “I’m guessing you two have worked with him before?”

The two unicorns nodded and Twilight said, “He wanted us to join him at the agency, but we already had our own work to do and assignments from Princess Celestia.”

“The fact he wanted to hoof pick you for working with him is just more proof of what I said earlier. I would have been surprised if you weren’t on the top of the short list for ponies to study this city,” Aqua said as they came closer to the walls.

“Ah suppose ya’ll can see the giant dome looking thing around the city too?” AJ asked as they stared in front of them.

It seemed the city was encased in a giant bubble that was still somehow solid looking. The ponies weren’t sure what to do. They knew to try to find a way inside. They weren’t sure how to go about doing so.

AJ decided to take matters into her own hooves. She swam up to it and touched the surface with her hoof. It felt solid but also like a bubble, if that was possible. “Well how are we supposed to get in?” she asked aloud.

“Maybe intent has something to do with it?” Naruko suggested.

“Worth a try,” AJ said. She concentrated on wanting to enter the dome.

It didn’t make a difference.

She hummed in thought. “Maybe ya can only enter in a certain place?” she asked the others.

Naruko and Twilight started looking over the dome bubble. The two unicorns used magic scans hoping to pick something up. It wasn’t working. They could however sense the magic of the city. It was impressive and something Twilight really wished she could study further.

Aqua looked at the statues again and voiced her thought, “Maybe… We just need to find the middle if you were approaching between the statues?” It seemed simple, but this looked like it was supposed to be the main public entrance. Maybe they were overthinking it and simple was the answer.

“Worth a try,” Twilight said. She swam back a bit and judged what she thought might be the middle or close enough to it. AJ and Naruko came up on either side of her and followed her a little behind. The three ponies moved forward and surprisingly made it through.

“It worked!” Twilight shouted with glee right before she fell to the ground and Naruko and AJ did as well, landing in a heap on top of her. “Oof… Okay yeah… Maybe we should have been more aware of that being a possibility. They came in a little high, since they were swimming. Once they were inside the bubble dome, they promptly fell prey to gravity’s full force.

They eventually managed to all stand up properly and motion to Aqua they were fine. They didn’t know yet if sound traveled through the dome. The three looked around for a moment and both Twilight and Naruko used magic to scan the area.

“The magic scan says the air should be breathable… Who wants to try first?” Twilight asked giving her friends a nervous smile.

“Ah will!” AJ courageously volunteered. She took in one last breath before removing her helmet. The farm mare let out her breath and took in a new one while standing close to the other two in case she needed assistance.

When she took in a new breath…

Her eyes shot wide open in surprise. She then took in another breath and let it out before taking another one. “Tha air’s just fine down here,” she said to her watching friends.

They both waited a little longer as AJ kept breathing in and out. “In fact. Ah’d say it’s some of the freshest air Ah’ve breathed!” she exclaimed. She felt oddly energetic as well. It was as if her earth pony side was rejoicing or something.

Naruko and Twilight looked to each other cautiously and nodded. They both promptly removed their own helmets and took in a breath of air.

It was just as AJ said! The air felt cleaner and fresher despite being inside a bubble dome sitting there for eons on the ocean floor.

“They must use something to purify it,” Twilight theorized.

“That’s pretty cool. I wonder how they did it,” Naruko questioned. It would be nice to have something that could purify the air for a large area like this city.

AJ was prancing about with a broad smile. “Oooo whee! Let me tell ya’ll! This here place feels amazing and fantastic!” she said.

The two unicorns looked to her a bit concerned. “It is cool being inside a city in the ocean, but I don’t know about it feeling good enough to prance about,” Naruko said.

AJ stopped and looked to them a little confused. “Ya’ll don’t feel that? In the very air around, us?” she asked.

“It is clean and fresh, but I don’t feel anything. It is odd… With all of the magic in this place to have that bubble dome we should feel something. I mean we can sense it when doing a magic scan… But that’s all,” Twilight said placing a hoof on her chin in thought.

“What are you feeling exactly, AJ?” Naruko asked.

“Ah don’t know quite how to describe it, but I feel extra energized! Heh heh, I don’t want to guess how Pinkie would be feeling here. She’d probably be bouncing around at least ten times more than usual,” she said with a laugh that Naruko matched.

“Hmmm… Maybe there is some kind of Earth Pony magic here,” Twilight voiced as she looked around with a discerning eye.

“Could be. That’d explain why I feel it and ya’ll don’t. It feels like it is a part of me. Like it is flowing through me and into the air,” AJ said.

“That is oddly similar to how unicorn magic is first described to foals,” Twilight said in more thought.

“Geez… If it feels like this for ya’ll usually, I can see why you felt so off in that maze,” AJ said. She loved how it felt and it felt so natural to her.

“You mean when Discord took away my horn?” Twilight asked in confirmation.

“I already feel like this here… whatever it is… is a part of me,” AJ said while nodding in answer to Twilight’s question.

“Look at this!” Naruko said suddenly gaining their attention. She looked around a little while AJ and Twilight contemplated what the farm mare was feeling. She pointed a hoof to a pillar where the wall first started on the side of the entrance area.

Twilight and AJ came over. “You see it?!” Naruko asked excitedly to her fellow unicorn.

Twilight nodded just as excitedly as Naruko asked.

AJ turned her head to the side a little and squinted. “Ah just see something that looks like a strange drawing,” AJ said.

“This is a rune! It is similar to one I’ve seen before,” Naruko said. She then turned to Twilight and asked, “You know what this means?”

“Yeah… Ponies somehow accidentally recreated an ancient long-lost rune… Maybe… Since it looks different. It might work a little differently. There’s also the fact its carved into the stone…” Twilight said her voice in awe.

“Is that different?” AJ asked.

“Yes. It most certainly is!” Twilight said as she started looking around with renewed eagerness in her purple eyes.

AJ looked to Naruko for a further explanation. “Usually runes aren’t exactly permanently visible. They’re usually drawn with magic or in some cases paper. You can weave a rune into an object with magic and that is how enchanted items are made. Carving it into stone… You would have to be extra careful. Also, it is really interesting it is such a similar looking rune to one discovered and thought to have been created a couple of decades back,” she said.

“Ah’ll be…” AJ said as she placed a hoof on it. Naruko’s eyes widened as did AJ’s when it lit up!

“What did Ah do, Naruko?!” AJ asked in panic.

Before Naruko could answer, a different voice did. “Ah! I can hear you now!” Aqua said from nearby on the other side of the bubble dome.

“Ya can?” AJ asked her hoof still on the glowing rune.

“Yep! Loud and clear. I guess you can hear me too. Out here it sounds… not necessarily booming... but for sure coming from all directions,” Aqua said. “How about mine?” she then asked with a bright smile.

“It sounds louder… But still directional,” AJ answered.

Naruko was looking at the rune and AJ in pure awe. She had thought it would be possible for other ponies to use runes or maybe runeseals, but mostly just in theory. She was seeing it now for real. To activate a rune, seal or runeseal, you needed to actively channel magic, or as a ninja, chakra into it. She was pretty sure pegasus ponies could do it since they channeled their own magic when dealing with weather and such. She didn’t think it would be possible for earth ponies since they mostly channeled magic passively and in a small amount. That was part of the reason they could grow plants so easily and quickly. A group of earth ponies working together could raise up a full grown and ready to produce orchard in no time.

Twilight came over just as mystified and eager, but the scientist in her was working full force. She said, “AJ take your hoof the rune and try speaking to her again.”

AJ removed her hoof and the glow quickly faded. “Can ya hear me now?” she asked. She even raised her voice a bit just to be sure. Aqua tried to say something and then just shrugged instead.

Twilight nodded to AJ and the farm pony placed her hoof on the rune again. It once more lit up and AJ spoke again, “Can ya hear me now?”

“Yeah! I couldn’t earlier,” Aqua Life said.

“They created a Push-to-talk rune!” Twilight shouted in glee as she clapped her hooves together.

“Is that extra important?” AJ asked confused but catching Twilight’s excitement.

“It is! We have a talk rune that lets you talk long distances, but it requires an activation rune as well and even then, technology is more efficient. A rune like this though… That really is something and would be a breakthrough in a way. Usually runes require you to actively channel magic to work. Earth ponies could theoretically do that, but it would be really tough and take a lot of work and even then, it is just theoretical and has never been tested. Are you channel that energy you feel in here?” Twilight asked.

AJ thought for a moment and shook her head. “Ah’m just touching it. There ain’t no energy passing through me into it,” AJ said.

“Could it be the energy is stored in the rune itself? Is that some kind of side effect of carving it into the stone?” Twilight asked out loud.

“Haven’t one of ya’ll unicorns done that before?” AJ asked curiously.

Naruko answered now that she had mentally rejoined them. “Nope. Ponies tried but never successfully. You would have to carve it the right way. This is essentially a three-dimensional rune… That was something thought impossible. You can apply a standard 2-D rune to an object, but it isn’t the same,” she explained.

Twilight took over on AJ’s crash course in runes. “Storing the magic energy into the rune isn’t really something we do either. It is possible, but it would deteriorate. Magic and runes are kind of like giving commands to the object… It gets a lot more complicated than that. We have channeling spells such as levitation, but not really stored magic energy that doesn’t deteriorate and can be turned on and off with a simple touch,” she said.

Aqua frowned as she looked at her air gauge and the guard silently showed her his not wanting to disturb the others. She frowned deeply. She was able to overhear their discussion since AJ was still touching the rune. It sounded so interesting and she had so many ideas and theories in her head now she wanted to explore.

She let out a loud sigh causing the three ponies on the other side of the bubble dome to look to her a bit sheepishly. “I really want to study all of this with you all…” she said her voice filled with longing. “Sadly, we need to head back since you three are safe. If we stay here any longer, we might not have enough air to make it back this trip,” she said.

“Ahhh… shucks Aqua… We didn’t mean no harm to yer feelings. Sorry we held ya’ll up,” AJ said with sorrow in her voice.

“I’m so sorry too…” Twilight started with a frown. She then gave a slight smile and said, “I’m sure once we leave here and you start studying the place. You will discover plenty of amazing things.”

Naruko gave a slight bow and said, “Thanks for showing us the way and keeping an eye on us. Have a safe trip back.” AJ gave a nod in agreement.

Twilight smiled as she said, “Part of me can’t wait until we finish here so you and the other researchers can come in and do your thing. I look forward to any papers you write about your findings.”

Aqua Life gave a giggle. “Are you that eager to correct my grammar again?” she asked with mirth in her voice. Twilight gave an exaggerated pout to that. Aqua smiled to her in a friendly manner. “Make sure you all finish safely. That way I can write to you all about it and brag about my long-term studies of the place.”

“Keep up that cheek and I might decide to go all Language Teacher on you and be extra harsh on your grammar,” Twilight said jokingly as the group laughed. Aqua Life gave the three of them a final wave as she and the Royal Guard left to head back to the island camp. Leaving the group to their mission.

“What do you two reckon we do first?” AJ asked.

Twilight looked to Naruko who looked around the area. “There seems to be a lot of buildings right here. We need to carefully search this area and make sure it is safe. Then we pick a good-sized building or open area and set up our base camp,” Naruko said.

The other two ponies looked around the area. AJ pointed a hoof and said, “Well that there seems to be a good ending point to our space. Maybe we can block it off and secure the area?”

“That’s a good idea,” Twilight started. “I can create an alarm and distraction rune. It won’t really protect us from something, but it will delay anything that might come our way and warn us in advance,” she said.

Naruko let out a sigh, “Sadly, a really good barrier would require sustaining magic. I don’t know enough about the area to use this energy you’re feeling to accomplish that, AJ.”

“Well then let’s get ta work! How we gonna do this?” she asked.

Naruko created four of her more advanced shadow clones. They needed to be careful here, so flooding the area with regular shadow clones wouldn’t work. “Two of you go with each of my friends and we can start combing through the area carefully,” she ordered. The clones nodded and split up into their groups.

Naruko looked to AJ and said, “It will speed up our work and if I’m needed one my clones can just burst and I’ll get the message. They’re more solid and can withstand some punishment, so they won’t accidentally dismiss themselves and can help if you need them,” she explained.

“These here clones are mighty useful,” AJ said as the ponies and clones split up into their groups and moved out.

{-} {-} {-}

“Find anything?” Naruko asked as Twilight returned with a frustrated sigh.

“Yes! Plenty!” Twilight said as her clone guards disappeared. She then sighed again, “Regarding our mission? No…”

“I find that kind of weird and a bit unnerving myself,” Naruko said.

“There are smaller artifacts, but it is mostly empty. It is as if everything just disappeared. I suppose it has been a long time and that is a possibility. There is preservation magic, but it seems more focused on the structures and stone itself,” Twilight said.

“Ah guess that means ya’ll didn’t really find much either,” AJ said as she returned and her two clone escorts dismissed themselves. “At least on the plus side tha means we can make our base camp without worry,” she said and sat down next to Twilight.

Naruko was finishing making a fire and she was cooking their meal. “When did ya have time ta start on some grub?” AJ asked.

Naruko gave a smirk as she teasingly said, “Ninja…”

Twilight gave a playful sigh as she said, “It sure makes things handy, doesn’t it?”

Naruko nodded.

“Ah ain’t complaining. Starving after all of today, especially with that diving. Aqua Life sure wasn’t kidding when she said it really racks up your hunger,” AJ said as she took in a deep inhale of the scents coming from the pot Naruko was using to cook.

Twilight did the same and asked, “What are you cooking?”

“For most of this mission we will have to be careful and ration out what we eat, but given all we did today. I figured it would be nice to have something really good tonight. I’m making a nice and hearty vegetable stew. We have rolls for the side and some steamed carrots and squash along with baked zucchini,” Naruko said as Twilight and AJ smacked their lips in hunger.

“It will be really tasty even if it isn’t ramen, but that’s for after the mission! You have to come for that as well, AJ,” Naruko said with a smile.

Twilight blushed a little. “Can we try not to get as carried away as last time? I don’t want to get the crazy idea to try and teleport while drunk again,” she said with a groan at the memory.

Naruko gave a chuckle to that. “I wouldn’t worry about that this time, Twi. I wouldn’t want to hold up AJ any longer, but Victory Ramen is a must!” she said.

AJ gave a laugh and said, “I reckon Ah don’t have much choice in the matter.” She wanted to get back as soon as possible, but she was thinking a bit of rest would be good once they finished. She was experienced enough in hard work ta know this trip would require some rest to recover and she wasn’t about to try and run herself down ever again. That would just cause more problems than it would fix.

It wasn’t long until Naruko finished cooking and they were enjoying their food. Soon after, they were going to get ready for bed for the night. There was a good-sized building nearby their little campfire area they could all three use as their sleeping quarters. The three ponies had each yawned a couple of times while they ate. Diving had taken a lot more energy than they thought it would, even after Aqua’s warnings.

While they were resting a bit to digest before going to bed, AJ couldn’t help but notice Naruko was drawing on some paper. “What are ya doing?” she asked.

Naruko looked up and smiled. “Making a map. Well a map runeseal more specifically. This place is huge! I think it would be good to have something as a reference. This isn’t a temple like it was with Fluttershy or Octavia and Vinyl. This is an entire city!”

“Oooo… How does it work?” Twilight asked.

“Ah was wondering the same thing,” AJ said. She was really finding these runes and runeseals mighty interesting, even if she couldn’t really use most of them herself.

“It is actually a series of Runeseals working together. The paper will expand to a bigger size but should still be able to fold to something more manageable. Because of all of the energy and magic in the area, I can use that as a way to send out a magic pulse. It will be kind of like taking a snapshot of the city. I may not be able to feel the energy in the way you can, AJ, but I won’t need to for this,” Naruko said.

She concentrated for a moment before continuing to explain. AJ could already tell it was best to not interrupt the process unnecessarily. “Once it has the snapshot, it will be copied on to this paper. I even made it so we can zoom in and out on the map. I also modified it to display us on the map. It won’t pick up other magic signatures though, so I can’t use it to sort of cheat and see if we truly are alone here or not. I did add a traveling rune to the array though so it will keep up with us as we move. It will always have north towards the top like other maps,” Naruko said.

“How are you able to contain the pulse though…” Twilight asked in thought. She looked up and her eyes widened a little after a second.

“That’s right, Twilight. The bubble dome will be containing the pulse,” Naruko said.

“Are you going to be able to make a copy of it? Will each of us be able to have one?” AJ asked.

Naruko was in thought for a moment. “I’ll make one copy. I don’t think I would be able to have it retain any of the extra features apart from zooming in and out along with panning around the map. It wouldn’t follow us or have the markers. I suppose I could make you two each a personal copy as well, but you would have to figure out where you are on the map on your own,” she said in thought.

“That’d be good in an emergency. In case we all get split up or something,” AJ said. She didn’t like the idea of having to figure out where on the map she was on her own, but it was better than just being completely lost.

“I guess the first copy you make will be a map to stay here at the base camp?” Twilight asked. Naruko nodded in reply.

{-} {-} {-}

It took a little time due to all she had to put into it, but Naruko finally got the soon to be master map ready. “Alright! That should do it,” she said in triumph causing a lightly dozing Twilight and AJ to wake up. They both wanted to watch as she activated the runeseal. “Ready?” Naruko asked. The ponies eagerly nodded in answer.

Naruko focused on her horn. She lit it up and charged it further. This map making runeseal would require a good bit of power. She could further analyze it later to make it more efficient, but they didn’t have the time for that now. “Let us hope it works. This is a trial run,” she said as AJ swallowed nervously and Twilight’s purple eyes seemed to glow with excitement.

Naruko pointed her horn at the piece of paper and shot the magic at the center of the runeseal.

The paper glowed bright blue. A pulse of magic shot up from it and hit the bubble dome and it raced across the underwater sky. Naruko winced a little as she hoped it wouldn’t alert anything to them. She wasn’t even thinking about needing to make it subtler at this stage. That was a goal for the future.

“Woah!” AJ said. She really felt that charge in the energy around them. It didn’t last long and soon dissipated but she felt it. She had never really truly felt magic in that way before today. It really was something else.

“I really hope that didn’t just announce our presence…” Naruko said with a frown. AJ then narrowed her eyes seriously and looked around the area and towards the edge of their base camp area.

“I suppose we should wait a little bit ta be sure,” AJ said.

Naruko couldn’t help but grin to that. “Ninja…” she said as she made a couple of clones again.

AJ and Twilight let out laughs as AJ said, “I should've figured. You really know how to utilize them clones. Don’tcha?”

Naruko gave a chuckle to that. “I might know a thing or two regarding them,” she answered with a grin. The trio chuckled again and made their way to what would be their bunkhouse for the mission. Twilight set up a magical alarm clock to wake them up in the morning. They would have some breakfast and get to work looking around the city.

{-} {-} {-}

After some quick breakfast, the three ponies were gathered around the base camp map. “So, what is the plan for today?” AJ asked as she sipped some coffee Naruko made. She kind of liked it once she added some cream and sugar. It was nice and warm as well. Morning in Ponlantis was a tad bit nippy.

“I was thinking we should start with the areas closest to our base camp and maybe get a better idea of if we are alone or not. It may seem like we are now, but there were some rather vacant parts to the Life Temple and then there were some parts crowded with baddies we had to fight through,” Naruko said.

“Are we going to split up or stay together? I’m kind of hoping we stay together even if it isn’t as efficient,” Twilight said.

“Ah agree ya there, Twi. We don’t know what awaits us and while we have those clones it might be harder for us to get help if we need it with them this time,” AJ said adding in her own thoughts.

“I think the same. I could try teleporting around the place via shushin or replacement, but I don’t know the place well enough and I don’t want to tempt fate regarding this energy you feel that we don’t, AJ,” Naruko said.

She then gave a slight chuckle and added, “Besides if we didn’t stay together no pony would be able to keep Twilight on task.”

Twilight blushed a little but chuckled as well. “I won’t deny that could be a problem,” she said with a smile.

Naruko then pointed out which places nearby she was most curious about on the map. “We can fill in some of the blanks as we figure things out. The map runeseal can’t really say which building is what,” she said. “Oh, and here are the maps I promised,” she then added as she passed out the extra emergency maps to her friends.

“Ah guess we should get started then,” AJ said as she gulped down the rest of her coffee and stood up feeling more awake and energized than ever. She also felt nice and warm inside as well. The group gathered up supplies and started their mission.

As the group looked around the area near their camp, they decided that it was mostly a residential area. The buildings were designed like homes and weren’t as large as a store would be. They still had to try hard to keep on task. There was a lot to see and it wasn’t just Twilight who was extra curious. Naruko had to actually call on her ninja training to help stay on task a couple of times.

“Come on Twilight,” she said with a sigh as AJ chuckled. The two of them were taking turns every half hour or so. Twilight was the easiest distracted of them, even if she kept a good bit to the mission.

“But… Ponlantis art!” Twilight whined to her marefriend.

“As much as I love it when you gush about such things, we are on a mission. It is hard enough to keep myself from wanting to explore everything in the area. You’re making it even harder,” Naruko said.

“AJ! You agree with me, right?” Twilight said looking to her farm pony friend for help.

“Don’t go and drag me into your arguments,” AJ said.

“Fine…” Twilight relented with a pout.

The purple unicorn looked around some more in the area. She picked up a book in her hooves. She had seen several copies of it. She recognized the cover and the old letters written in the ancient language. “We’ve seen this book several times…” she said in thought.

“Are you wanting to take one and see if you can translate it?” Naruko asked.

“I’d like to that. I’d only work on it some when we’re back at camp for the evening before we go to bed,” she said.

“That sounds like a really good idea. I hope it works. It would be nice to have a better idea what these letters say,” Naruko said in agreement to her plan.

“Ah still think it impressive they actually seem ta have some kind of day and night cycle here. Ya’d think it being in the ocean and all it would be darker and mostly the same until night time,” AJ said as she looked up to the bubble dome again. They were surprised when they woke up that morning it seemed as if Sunlight from above really came through into the city. They had also seen a fair amount of overgrown vegetation and such as well once they got further away from the main city entrance, which was further proof of the sunlight they were seeing.

{-} {-} {-}

The three ponies made their way back that evening feeling a bit tired. They had explored nearby areas a lot, but still no clues to help them with their mission. They did find a few buildings that really stood out and would make for great landmarks, but not much else other than the book Twilight hoped to use as a way to translate the language. They did pay attention to some of the paintings they found. They were of something that looked like a really important event right outside of an equally important looking building.

“So how is this here translation going to work?” AJ asked Twilight as she sat near her friend.

Naruko was busy updating their main map. She had to do so manually. Their emergency maps were updated as they found each landmark manually. They got lucky in that they could center the map on their location easily. It just didn’t display them on it.

“Hard to say,” Twilight started as she flipped through the book. There were some pictures in it of important places. She actually looked through their bunk house and found an extra copy just in case her attempts didn’t work and harmed the book. “If it was a regular book, that wouldn’t be a problem. If it was written in old Equestrian, that wouldn’t be a problem. I will have to hope an older and less efficient method will work,” she said.

“What is it?” AJ continued to ask.

“I might be able to have a word imprint it’s meaning on me. I could then use an equivalent word in our language. This isn’t a perfect method but it will work better, even if it will take a lot longer than my other methods and the translation spell I created to help with my work for these missions,” Twilight explained.

“If you learned enough words, could ya then use them as like a base for the rest?” AJ asked.

“That is a good idea, but would only work if I am sure I have the words right. Another method I could use would take longer and require attempting an ancient ritual numerous times. I could use it to translate a single letter at a time. That will only truly work if this language has the same number of letters as ours though,” Twilight said.

“Too bad their ain’t some fancy rune or runeseal yah could use to translate instead,” AJ said.

Twilight was in thought for a moment. “There is a seal… possibly… But seals can be dangerous. I could ask Naruko about it if the other method doesn’t work. She’s the expert on seals,” she said.

“What exactly is the difference between a rune, a runeseal, and a seal?” AJ asked.

“Runes are an ancient art form that uses glyphs and rune designs to achieve a goal. Runes can be drawn using ink or just magic before channeling the energy into it. Seals are similar, but they’re from Naruko’s world. So, she and Kyuubi are the only ones who really know how to use them properly. I’m learning, but it is taking time. Naruko’s native language is very complicated and vast when it comes to writing. Seals require you to know it a good bit. It also requires paper or a surface you can write on with ink. It is more precise, since the tiniest mistake can change the meaning of the seal or make it less stable and more volatile,” Twilight said.

“Wow! That sounds dangerous,” AJ said as Twilight nodded in agreement. “And you’re learning that?” Apple Jack asked.

“Yep. It may be dangerous and take a lot of time to learn, but seals are so very much more versatile than even runes!” Twilight said her purple eyes lighting up in excitement.

“And runeseals?” AJ asked to get back on topic.

“It is a branch of magic Naruko created and is still creating. It combines both runes and seals together in a way to make even more use of the arts. It is really exciting talking to her about it from time to time. I’ve never actually experienced the birth of a new field of study and magic! We’re the only ones who know about apart from the princesses. I don’t even know if the patrol members know about it yet. So please try to keep it between us,” Twilight said.

“Will do,” AJ said with a smile. She then sighed, “I feel mighty left behind… Ya’ll are creating fancy new magic and such and I’m just doing the same thing over and over again mostly.”

“Running a successful family busy and farm takes a lot of work and time. It is impressive in its own right,” Twilight said to her friend.

“I know… I just wish I could do something more. Ya know,” AJ said.

“Well… You can…” Twilight started. AJ looked for her to continue. “Learning more about your element and what it can do,” Twilight said.

“I get ya there. I just don’t know about this balance business… What exactly is the balance to honesty?” AJ asked. “Ah really don’t see how lying is.”

“I’m not sure…” Twilight admitted. “I wish I could help more, but I don’t know too much. I mean I’m the element of magic… What is the opposite and balance of Magic?” she asked.

“Maybe it is something different for each of us. Maybe… It’s something more personal than we first thought,” AJ thought with a hoof under her chin.

“Maybe… We’ll have to both work on it more once we finish this mission,” Twilight said in though.

AJ nodded and stood up. “Well enough thinking hard and all for me today. I’ll take the cooking tonight. Yer busy with this translation business and Naruko is working with the map,” she said before making her way over to their food storage. Naruko used one of them fancy scrolls to bring a good amount of food with them. She unsealed it last night and pointed out how there were runes and seals protecting the food and keeping it fresh for them.

AJ looked through the ingredients and decided on Cheese Soup with cornbread and apple slices for the side. It wouldn’t use too much of their supply and it would be filling. Plus, they still needed a bit more than usual until they got used to wondering around Ponlantis.

{-} {-} {-}

Over the next few days, the group explored more of the area around them and filled in more of their map. Twilight made a little progress, but not much on translating the language. Naruko pointed out eventually they would have to make it more of a priority as a means of finding more clues for their goal. Until then though, there was still plenty to explore and they weren’t to a point they could just leave Twilight alone a couple of days while she and AJ did the exploring.

Naruko was also reluctant to use Twilight’s seal idea for translating the letters and words. She insisted they would need more knowledge about it first and even then, she wasn’t sure if the seal would work on such a language. She feared it would be too alien. She had mentioned the seal to Twilight mostly for study purposes. The seal was mostly used on languages that already had a solid and common base to work from. It was mostly used for translating codes and such.

It took a little time after that for AJ to convince Naruko not to update as much on the map when they got back as well. “We don’t need ta fill in the whole thing. We just need key locations and landmarks. The ones that really stand out,” AJ said to her.

Naruko sighed to that. “Perhaps my overly cautious Ninja self is too obsessed with gathering intel. It would work better if we were all ninjas, but I’m the only one,” she said. If she was with a group of ninjas, they could help with getting the right intel and transcribing it on to the main map. She used her clones to help, but there was only so many she could use before they got in each other’s way. She also was quick with writing seals, but not so much regular writing.

“You could teach me to be a ninja pony, you know. I've been wanting to learn from the start,” Twilight said in a not so subtle hinting manner.

“I couldn’t in time to make a difference on this mission. You also haven’t even been taking the exercise regime I gave you all that time ago as seriously either,” Naruko turned her down in an equally unsubtle manner.

Twilight might have rebuked but AJ put a stop to that. “Ah agree with Naruko here. Sorry Twi, but she is right. There is also the matter of your translating work. That there is far more important like,” she said.

“I understand. Do you think we are finally to a point that I could spend more time on that? I will still help with getting the lay of the city, but maybe every couple of days I can focus on translating alone,” Twilight said.

Naruko was in thought for a moment. “I think we can. It is safe to say nothing will come after us unless we wake something up first. How about every time it is your turn on dinner duty?” she asked.

“That will work. I can take a break once you two get back on those days to cook supper. Otherwise I might get a headache from spending so much time on translating,” she admitted.

“And that will give us plenty o’ time to discuss anything we need your input on and ta catch you up,” AJ said. Twilight nodded to that.

“Alright. It’s decided then. We’ll start with this plan tomorrow,” Naruko said.

{-} {-} {-}

The next day Naruko and AJ scoured through Ponlantis without Twilight. For the most part, it was more of the same from before. It was getting later in the day when AJ suddenly said, “Look!” while pointing a hoof forward. “That there’s the building we’ve seen in those paintings,” she said.

“It is! Let’s give it a good look over,” Naruko said.

The two ponies started to look it over. It looked kind of like it was a government building. It had a lot of fancy columns around it seemingly holding up the roof. The ponies noticed there was a set of giant doors with all kinds of designs on it. As they approached, AJ got a little nervous and asked, “Those aren’t any of them runes, are they?”

“They are…” Naruko started as she got closer to inspect them.

The blonde unicorn looked them over. She could see runes they were similar too in the current time, but she wasn’t so sure how close they were in meaning. She scanned them with magic. She couldn’t really tell what they would do. “Can you sense anything about them, AJ?” Naruko asked.

AJ got closer and looked them over. She couldn’t make them out. She didn’t know what runes did and meant. She would ask to learn some about them when they got back just for her own curiosity’s sake. “Ah don’t know nothing about no runes. Ah’ve been asking you two about them, but I still don’t know much,” she admitted.

Naruko looked at them closely in thought. She got an idea. “Try focusing on that energy you’ve been feeling since we got here,” she said.

“I can try that,” AJ said. She tried squinting her eyes at the runes. She was hoping somehow, they would tell her what they did. She hummed in thought. She couldn’t really see magic like she did when Naruko used that runeseal to make the maps.

Try to feel…” AJ thought to herself in answer. She didn’t really know where it came from, but it seemed right. AJ took in a deep breath and closed her eyes. She seemed to sense something. It was the energy, but it was different. It was being molded into something.

She then figured it out!

She let out a chuckle and pressed a hoof to the door. It lit up and she was able to push the large doors open with ease. “They’re just being fancy like. Keeping these here doors from needing ta be maintained and making them easy ta open,” she said.

Naruko blinked to that. “How did you figure that out?” she asked.

“Ah just did. It kind of makes sense when ya think about it though. These here doors are ancient and they ain’t tarnishing. Not even in the slightest bit. Also looking at the size of these doors, even an earth pony with strength would have problems opening them. This here ain’t a city with plenty of unicorn guards to use magic to open doors and such,” she said.

There was more to it than that, but she couldn’t really explain it. What she told Naruko was true, but she could also feel the runes did what she said. She could also tell the runes did something more, but it required some kind of activation.

“Still good to be careful even if it does seem more obvious now,” Naruko explained.

“Ah weren’t knocking ya. Ah just found it a might funny is all,” AJ said with a grin. She then turned a bit more serious and said, “You’re right though.”

The two entered the building and it was impressive in size and space. It even seemed bigger on the inside than it did on the outside. Naruko wouldn’t be surprised if it was. There was a lot you could do with runes.

“This looks like some kind of council or court room,” Naruko said. There were plenty of sitting areas around the room. It even had a balcony area that looked like it was for ponies watching the proceedings. In the middle, there was a giant multi-leveled podium area.

AJ was examining the podium area with interest. She could sense runes as the energy twisted around it when she was focusing on the place in general. She looked under and saw what looked like buttons. She looked at one carefully. “Restrain…” she thought for some reason.

“Naruko. Could you step to the side?” she asked as the blonde unicorn did so. AJ pressed the button. A sitting platform seemed to form out of the floor and restraints of some kind formed around what would be a pony.

“So, it is a court room,” Naruko stated.

“Ah think it actually has more than one purpose,” AJ said. She pressed that button again and the platform disappeared. Naruko came over to stand next to her and see what she was doing.

“Are you sure it’s a good idea to press buttons like that?” she asked her friend.

“Probably not,” AJ answered easily. “But… it is hard to say… I can hear or maybe feel what they do for the most part. Ah ain’t about to press the ones I have no idea on.”

“There’s got to be a lot more to that energy than you mentioned when we first came here,” Naruko said in wonder.

AJ looked at another of the buttons. “Picture…” she thought to herself. She gave a nod. “Ah’m pressing another one,” she warned Naruko.

As she pressed it, the room changed a lot in front of them. “Woah… This is… Amazing,” Naruko said in awe.

“It sure is,” AJ said as the room settled and now there were ancient paintings all over the walls that popped up. It was like the hieroglyphics you see in places like Somnambula or Saddle Arabia.

“Look at all of this,” AJ said as she looked around with Naruko.

The pictures were very interesting. They showed earth ponies doing all kinds of amazing things. There was one that showed an earth pony bucking what looked like a giant boulder that popped up from the ground. There was another one that showed a pony surrounded by vines that looked like they were stopping rocks being thrown at them. There was another one that showed an earth pony with a staff of some kind covered in runes and glowing.

“Ah’ve never seen anything like this…” AJ said in awe.

Naruko was in thought as she looked at the pictures of the boulder pony and the vine pony. She rubbed her chin in thought with a hoof. “I have seen something similar… But not from ponies…” she said.

“What do ya mean?” AJ asked.

“I haven’t seen these things in particular, but similar stuff when I was human and a ninja. Before I came to this world,” Naruko said.

She took a breath, “In the world I came from… Advanced ninjas could use elemental attacks. The main elements were lightening, water, fire, wind and earth. I can use fire partly because of my connection with Kyuubi and all of the training I put into it. I can also use wind. Almost every ninja has an element they have an affinity for. Mine was wind. We could learn others, but it was difficult training to do so.”

“What about vines though? Was that part of earth?” AJ asked.

“I’m not sure. There are more advanced forms of elemental jutsus. That’s what we called our version of spells I guess you could say. They usually required some kind of special property inside your blood. Perhaps the vines thing is similar. Whatever the case… This is huge…” Naruko said.

“Yer telling me. I ain’t never heard of earth ponies being able to do such things like that,” AJ said as she looked at the pictures again.

This is only part of it…” her thoughts were telling her. AJ really didn’t get it.

“We need ta come back here tomorrow with Twilight,” she said instead.

“You’re right. It is getting late and we need to start heading back. I want to look even more, but we need our rest. Perhaps this will help her with the translation stuff or something,” Naruko said as she looked at some of the titles for each of the pictures.

“Ah can’t help but get the feeling there was more to yer words when you said how amazing it was,” AJ said as they made their way back.

“There is,” Naruko admitted. “That room transformation stuff, is amazing! It would take a lot of rune work and such to pull it off. Not to mention the buttons moved as well with the second version of that room!” She felt giddy as they walked back.

“We can use runes to change through pictures in a picture frame at this point, but that was a recent breakthrough. Or I guess re-breakthrough. You can even use magic to re-shape or add a room to something, but it would permanent and is usually tricky. Full room transformation like that with the press of a button. And too that level… Along with all of the preservation work! That is something we haven’t tried to do yet. No pony even dared to think that possibly,” Naruko said.

“Ah knew this place was amazing as soon we got here. But this impressive… That really is something,” AJ said as the two talked more and made their way back to the camp.

“You will never believe what we found today, Twilight!” Naruko said eagerly as soon as they entered the camp. She was off explaining everything with AJ filling in parts where needed.

“That sounds amazing!” Twilight pretty much shouted. “We are totally spending most of tomorrow looking through it. A place like that might have clues about where we will find the Ocean’s Heart. It could help with my translation process too!” she said as she made sure to not ruin their dinner in her excitement.

{-} {-} {-}

Right after they woke up that morning, they grabbed a quick breakfast and made their way to the building. All three were really excited about today. There was just so much possibility with the building. AJ was really excited to learn more about the ponies of Ponlantis. Twilight wanted to learn all about that as well as study the magic. Naruko wanted to see if she could discover if maybe there was a further link between pony magic and chakra after seeing just some of those pictures.

The building was left the same as it was when AJ and Naruko left the evening before. Each of the trio were partly relieved by this despite their excitement. They had all been fearing maybe they weren’t alone like they thought.

The ponies were each working separately in the room. Each was learning a lot while trying to find clues. AJ kept finding herself fascinated by the pictures of the earth ponies doing impressive and seemingly impossible things. She kept looking closer at each picture. She also kept hearing that thought and it was getting louder with each study of the pictures. “There is so much more…” it kept saying. AJ just didn’t have much idea what that was about.

AJ came back again to the picture of the earth pony with the glowing staff. She wanted to learn what it meant. She wanted to be able to do more for her friends and Equestria and to fight that cosmic darkness Twilight and Naruko mentioned briefly. She wanted to be more than just strong and good with her lasso rope.

She wanted to figure out about her element’s powers.

She wanted to find her balance.

Apple Jack was sure the key to starting this road was in figuring out these pictures and how the ponies did what they did.

The blonde farm pony barely noticed as the room went still. AJ looked around a bit in a panic. She closed her eyes and calmed down. She felt the energy again. She felt stronger than ever before!

“You are indeed worthy of my lessons!” a voice sounding ancient, powerful and wise said out loud.

Apple Jack opened her eyes and saw an ancient pony figure before her as the room was obviously frozen in time. The figure was both the most ancient pony she had ever seen and also one of the most powerful and strong. It was semi-transparent as well.

“What in tarnation!” She said exclaimed but stood still.

“Like I said. You are worthy of my lessons. You will learn them! And pass them on. You are our protégé. You are part of our legacy now,” the ancient pony said with a smile.

Apple Jack wasn’t sure what to do. She felt like she didn’t have a choice in the matter anyways. The farm pony was both eager to learn and apprehensive of this pony at the same time. Yet oddly enough… she wasn’t really scared of him or worried about her friends. She knew they were safe. “Ah guess… We best get started then,” she said as the pony figured smiled brighter at her.

“It won’t be easy… But you are ready,” it said to her.

"Ah ain't never been a pony to shy from hard work," AJ said with a grin. She was ready for this. Whatever this was.

Comments ( 10 )

I can guess from this chapter and the previous chapter that the mlp movie is not cannon in this fic?

9287044
No, it is not. I was planning this story long before the movie came out and had a lot of ideas for it before then. I am not really the type to go rewrite a story to make it cannon compliant, especially if new cannon goes against things I already had planned for a story. I believe I made an author's note saying that in one of the earlier chapters. This is also the reason why I usually write in Alt Universes.

So i just pretty much marathoned this entire fic in the last week or so and i gotta say im loving it, the universe it self the way Twilight and Naruko interact with each other the other characters, my only major gripe was with Fluttershy and the temple of life some part of how quick Fluttershy changed is the only real complaint i have, other than that this an epic and awesome story keep up the awesome work and cant wait for more

any idea when we can expect an update and new chapter?

9984217
It will probably be a good while yet. I haven't been focusing on this story lately, because I have been going through some big changes in life. There's also the fact that what AJ goes through in the next chapter will be a big change to the story and not just for her. I have to better figure out how to implement this and make it work and be kind of believable at least.

Not that it matters but I actually have the chapter 1 or 2 after the next well worked on. I have to come up with this new power set and her training and how to wrap up their undersea adventure before then though.

This was a fun read and I hope to see more of this wonderful story, and it is a fun read so far.:pinkiehappy: :pinkiesmile:

just gonna leave this here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=4TXaaVpiJYI

:pinkiehappy:

Continue and update please soon.Maybe someone from Naruko world have cream about Naruko new life(see all ponies as humans) imagine faces of Thunade and dome others when hear about Naruko life.

More good

Login or register to comment