• Published 27th Jun 2013
  • 26,671 Views, 224 Comments

The Truth of Bonds and Friendship - Gadman85



Naruko (Female Naruto) thought she knew a bit about these bonds the Hokage always talked about. However when she tries a mysterious Jutsu. She is sent to a new land where she learns the truth. Naruto and MLP crossover.

  • ...
22
 224
 26,671

The Best Night Ever?

Naruko woke up the Day of the Gala feeling more refreshed than ever before and she was even humming along with the birds and bees of the morning. Kyuubi was wondering if maybe the effects of recent events had been more permanent than they originally seemed. The truth was Naruko actually felt that excited.

She was still excited and happy as she went with Twilight to meet the others to get their manes done and makeup and such for the Gala. “I did it!” Twilight said as she used her magic to make a lovely carriage for them out of an apple. She didn’t worry about how they would get the carriage to Canterlot because Celestia sent her a note explaining it. When the others asked this Twilight just smiled and said, “Don’t worry about it.”

Pinkie was surprisingly calm that morning as they got ready. This meant she only vibrated in place while humming instead of bouncing all around. Spike knocked on the door, “Hey can I come in already?”

Applejack was about to let him in but Rarity stopped her and said, “We’re in here getting dressed!”

“Ummm… You know Spike is a baby dragon, right?” Naruko asked.

Rarity didn’t say anything.

“Yeah. And it ain’t like we usually go around naked anyways ya know,” Applejack said sarcastically.

Rarity sighed and said, “Very well…” as she magicked the door open. She then said to Spike. “I am sorry dear, but some of us have decency standards while others don’t,” she said looking to a confused Applejack in particular.

“Aww man! I can’t believe we get to go to Canterlot together. That’s our home town!” Spike said in excitement as he smiled to Twilight and Naruko. “This is going to be so awesome. We can all hangout together all night long and everything. I can’t wait to show you all around.”

“Sorry Spike, but I can’t really do that. I’ll be dancing the night away at the Gala. I’m actually a little excited about that despite my earlier reservations,” Naruko said from where she was getting her Mane touched up. She was still going to keep it loose flowing, but she also wanted to give it a little curl.

“Yeah and I plan on hanging out with the coolest ponies ever! The Wonderbolts!” Rainbow Dash said grinning wildly.

“You mean the same ponies you saved the lives of at the flying competition not too long ago?” Naruko asked.

“Yeah! Except that was just three of them. They’re all going to be at the Gala,” Rainbow answered not fully realizing what Naruko was actually pointing out with her question. Naruko didn't really want to say it for fear of getting in a debate, but she actually considered Rainbow Dash cooler than the Wonderbolts.

“Ohh…” Spike said sounding a little down.

“Don’t worry, Spike. We’ll all have plenty of time to hang out together I’m sure, even if it ends up being after the Gala,” Twilight said.

“Oh! I can’t take it anymore!” Pinkie said before she started to bounce all over the place. “We’re going to the Gran Galloping GALA!!!!! It’s going to be the best party ever! I mean I’m sure our party afterwards will be totally amazing as well, but this is the GALA!” Pinkie said as her excitement finally got to her.

Spike seemed a little happier now as he smiled and said, “Okay.”

“Good! It worked!” Naruko said as she looked at herself in the mirror. Her mane style was successful. She then hummed a little as she started to work on her makeup.

“You two aren’t going to try and convince me not to spend the Gala with Prince Blueblood anymore?” Rarity asked a little surprised as she but on her fake eyelashes. Naruko and Twilight had been trying that and she figured they would give it one last try right before the Gala.

“Nope. We tried to tell you, but you’ve been rather insistent in this decision. We do want all of you to have a great time tonight,” Twilight said as she watched Naruko. She just came to a startling realization. She had never really seen Naruko all prettied up and everything before. She was never one for these kinds of events. Naruko had actually been to a few of them before even if she didn’t enjoy them too much. Twilight was beginning to wish she had gone to such events before tonight with Naruko.

“My, everypony does look lovely today,” Rarity said with a smile as she looked over her friends again, even Applejack had cleaned up nicely.

“Yeah, Naruko you really look beautiful tonight,” Twilight said with a smile.

“Thanks, Twilight. You do too,” Naruko said with a matching smile.

Twilight then looked to her other friends and added, “You all do as well.”

“Haven’t you two like seen each other dressed up and all fancy before?” Rainbow asked.

“No, we haven’t. Twilight and I may have spent a lot of time together in the castle, but we did have our own rooms,” Naruko said.

“Yeah. Naruko and I only spent probably about 85-95% of our waking hours together while we were at the castle studying under Celestia,” Twilight said and realized just how much of a presence Naruko had in her life since she first came to Equestria. She was actually missing the days when it was just her and Naruko again. She loved her other friends, but they weren’t Naruko.

“And Twilight isn’t much for these kinds of things. I’d get ready in my own room and then head to the events usually eager to get them over with. Tonight, I feel will be different from those nights,” Naruko said as she couldn’t help but pose a little in the mirror and smile. The action did not escape Twilight’s notice and it caused her heart to flutter a little.

“You mean you never saw Naruko off?” Pinkie asked Twilight.

She didn’t mean anything by it, but her words actually got to Twilight a little as the pony shook her head. “Maybe I really should try and dance with Naruko tonight or something instead of just visiting Celestia,” she thought with a little shame. A part of her felt like she was casting Naruko to the side and if that happened too often it would be very bad.

“She never did. Though her brother did a few times and he was my chaperon on more than one occasion,” Naruko said with a fond giggle. Shining Armor saw Naruko as another one of his little sisters given how close she and Twilight were. He wasn’t as over protective with Naruko as he was with Twilight, but Naruko had a multi-tailed massive fire fox also protecting her whereas Twilight did not. He figured he could afford to let Naruko out of his sight a little bit every so often.

“You have an older brother?!” Rarity asked with shock. This was important information and she should have known it!

“Yeah. His name’s Shining Armor. He’s a high ranking Captain in the Royal Guard and well respected,” Twilight easily replied. She wondered if Naruko would be considered his equal in rank or higher now that she thought about it.

“Interesting…” Rarity said with a hum.

Twilight gave her a look as she said, “Don’t even think about it, Rarity. It wouldn’t work out.”

“What?” Rarity said trying to play innocent but she still had a slight hint of guilt. She wasn’t going to admit it, but she was really interested in a stallion with such a gallant name and one she could actually form a quick bond with since Twilight and Naruko were her friends. Though she was still more interested in Prince Blueblood even if it was out of stubbornness to admit that maybe she had started to take Naruko’s and Twilight’s warnings to heart.

“You know what I mean… Rarity,” Twilight said and almost seemed to be considering using a fire spell on Rarity.

“Twilight gets very protective of her Big Brother Best Friend Forever or BBBFF for short,” Naruko explained. “What she means is it wouldn’t work out Rarity, because he is already seeing a marefriend.”

“Yeah and while you may be a fashion pony and dignified, you can’t match up to my old foal sitter,” Twilight said calming down a little.

“Who was your Foal sitter?” Pinkie Pie asked.

Twilight smiled with pride. “The literal Princess of Love!” she said beaming.

“P-p-princess Cadance?” Rarity asked in shock.

“Yep! The one and only!” Twilight replied.

Rarity looked to Naruko for conformation. “I never met her personally, but it is true. Twilight didn’t need a Foal sitter by the time we first met.”

Princess Cadance was a known princess, but she wasn’t as well-known as Princess Celestia or Princess Luna now. Due to her circumstance, Cadance spent most of her time after her ascension learning about being a princess and mostly out of the public eye. She got to spend a lot of time Foal Sitting Twilight when she was younger and grew close to Shining Armor as a result. It was a bit of a happy shock when Twilight learned the two were dating.

{-} {-} {-}

“Are you sure about not needing help getting our carriage to the Gala? I can help you know,” Rarity said as they left ready for the ball apart from their dresses which were waiting in the magical carriage. No pony bothered to point this out to Rarity who claimed Spike couldn't come in earlier because they were 'getting dressed'.

Twilight and Naruko smiled as two Royal guard unicorns approached them. “Ladies, we are ready once you get inside your carriage.” Rarity was blown away by this and luckily Fluttershy caught her and kept her standing.

Twilight looked them over and smiled. “You two work under my brother!” she said. The unicorn guards smiled and nodded. “So hard to tell when you guards are all in uniform with the cosmetic enchantment active.”

“We actually volunteered when Princess Celestia mentioned this job. Your brother was very thorough in making sure we met the cut for this mission,” the grey unicorn guard said.

“Well, thank you two for bearing with Shining,” Twilight said with a giggle and a smile.

“Royal guards! This is totally awesome,” Rainbow said as she entered the carriage.

“I keep telling you all Naruko is a very important pony. Yet you all still don’t seem to fully grasp that,” Twilight said with a playful shake of her head.

“Yeah and being pony nobility and having a brother who’s Royal Guard Captain doesn’t at all make you important,” Naruko said a teasing smile as Twilight blushed.

Rarity made sure to act the way a proper upstanding unicorn should once she recovered and entered the carriage last. “Thank you, boys. We will be in your care,” she said just as the unicorns smiled and used their magic to close the doors.

Once they were inside the magically spacious carriage, the ponies quickly changed and Spike went up top. He wanted to ride in the front. He also wanted to avoid all of the girl talk.

“Hey Applejack,” Pinkie asked.

“Yeah?” the farm pony replied.

“Just a smidgeon curious, but if things don’t exactly go as well with the sells as you think. Will you and your family be alright? I mean I totally don’t see why no pony wouldn’t want any of the delicious treats you’re bringing, but just in case,” Pinkie asked.

Applejack gave a good-hearted laugh. “Ain’t nothing to worry about, Pinkie. Mah family and I made sure this here Gala would be nothing but pure profit for us. I know it seems like Ah run the farm and I do to an extent, but Ah mostly just take care of things around the place. Big Mac takes care of most of they business side of things with Granny Smith occasionally helping out with some ponies. The numbers’ part and all of that Big Mac does. He used his numbers' magic, as Ah used ta call it, and made sure we wouldn’t be hurting if nothing sold as unlikely as that is,” she answered.

“So, then you will all be totally fine?” Pinkie asked. She would help if they needed it, but she didn’t think Applejack would sell much given most, if not all parties had free food. It wasn’t up to Apple Family standard, but fancy ponies went to the Gala to party the night away not necessarily to eat food.

“Things will be a bit on the tight side, but Cider season ain’t too far away. However, we really could use that extra money. Things always need a fixing up at the farm. Just comes with the territory I’m afraid,” Applejack explained as the others nodded in understanding.

Spike was humming to himself thinking about all of the things he would do with everypony tonight. He was a little startled when he heard a voice speak from next to him. “Seems like you’re ready for the night,” Kyuubi said.

“Kyuman. I didn’t know you were coming. How are you?” Spike asked.

“Fine tonight. I pretty much can go wherever Naruko goes. One of the benefits of being her partner and familiar. I don’t really go everywhere she does though, because I am my own being,” Kyuubi explained.

“That sounds kind of cool. What are you planning to do tonight then?” Spike asked.

“I plan on mostly observing the night. I know it will be very entertaining,” he said with a chuckle.

“Why do you say that? I get the feeling you don’t mean just watching the ponies dance,” Spike asked as he looked to his fox friend.

“They’re all going to a high society prestigious event for different reasons,” he answered as if that answered the question.

“And?” Spike asked.

Kyuubi chuckled.“ Pinkie Pie. Is. Going. To this event. The Gala is a very ‘luxurious’ event for high society rather snobbish ponies. Pinkie Pie is going there with plans of Partying the night away.” Kyuubi couldn’t hide his laugh to that and even Spike got a chuckle. “Do you want to join me in observing the night’s events?” Kyuubi asked Spike.

“Nah. I’ll be busy hanging out with all of them. I’m sure,” Spike replied.

“Then why are you out here and not in there?” Kyuubi asked as they both heard a chorus of pony giggles.

“Girl talk…” Spike answered and Kyuubi nodded in understanding. He would have found it entertaining watching one pony in particular but even that could get boring after a while.

Twilight was honestly a bit distracted seeing the combination of Naruko in her dress and actually wearing make-up. Naruko noticed and smiled to her. Twilight looked over her friend and blushed as the blonde unicorn smiled. Twilight was almost on the verge of forgetting why she wanted to visit the Gala in the first place. She could just be with Naruko all night and she would be perfectly happy if not in heaven, but she remembered Naruko was going to be dancing the entire night more or less with several different ponies. Twilight found herself wishing she could replace all of them, even if she couldn’t really dance. She would figure it out if she was dancing with Naruko she was sure.

Okay… I will definitely make sure I get to dance with Naruko at least twice tonight. I’ll just take a little break from Celestia’s company to do so. I’m sure she would be fine with that. She might even encourage it,” Twilight thought to herself.

“Hello… Equestria to Twilight… Are you there, Twilight?” Rainbow asked though given her giggling face she was perfectly happy with just teasing Twilight like this.

“Ohhh umm yeah I’m here… Did you say something?” Twilight asked while trying to give an innocent smile.

“Sure, you’re here. You weren’t at all spaced out or anything and staring at Naruko,” Rainbow teased. She then finished her teasing off by making kissy faces at her friend between giggles causing Twilight to blush even more.

While the others were busy with their own discussions, Naruko overheard the two and blushed a little herself. She didn’t dislike the idea of kissing Twilight and that kind of confused her a little bit. “Come on Rainbow,” she said. “Twilight’s probably just a little nervous since she’s never really been to something like this before and she’ll get to see Celestia in a social setting for once in a long time.”

Rainbow sighed, “Alright… I was just joking. And it was only because Twilight was spaced out.” She then turned to Twilight and grinned as she said, “No hard feelings?”

Twilight thought she caught a blush on Naruko’s cheeks for a second there. She then turned to Rainbow and smiled as she said, “No hard feelings.”

{-} {-} {-}

The ride to the Gala was really enjoyed by the ponies inside the carriage. Spike enjoyed it because Kyuubi kept him company up top in the front. Kyuubi also kept Spike from getting carried away and almost using the reigns that were there just for decoration. Kyuubi knew the guards would only put up with such a thing because Spike was a baby dragon and precious to their boss’ little sister. The last thing they wanted to do was upset Shining’s sister and then for Shining Armor to get wind of what happened, which they were sure he would somehow even if Twilight didn't say anything.

As the seven friends stepped out of their carriage, they were struck in awe at the sight of the castle in front of them. Naruko and Twilight weren’t strangers to the palace, but they had never seen it done up like this with lights and even fireworks. The group of friends went on about what they were excited for as they crossed the draw bridge and entered the castle.

Once they entered, despite Spike’s claims of wanting to hang out with them all, the ponies went their separate ways. Well two ponies went in the same direction. Naruko was going to say hello to Princess Celestia before she helped herself to a glass of juice punch and began ‘socializing’. Twilight was on her way to meet with Celestia and spend most of the night with her. She was actually going slower than she originally planned since she had Naruko as company. She originally planned on running straight there, but she liked her present company.

“Saying hello first?” she asked in an odd attempt to start a conversation. She felt a little nervous about it for some reason. Perhaps it was the way Naruko was holding herself or maybe it was all of the attention Naruko was drawing from the other ponies.

“Of course. What kind of student would I be if I didn’t say hello to Princess Celestia. Once I start socializing and dancing there won’t be much time for me to do so otherwise and she did say she wanted to see me all dressed up when she gave us the tickets,” Naruko explained with a smile. Naruko was also enjoying this time with Twilight because she was sure it would be all the two got alone tonight.

Twilight blushed a little as they kept going. Some ponies were looking at her as well, even if they focused more on Naruko. Naruko was even giving the occasional wave and greeting to ponies they passed. Twilight felt she was unworthy of standing next to Naruko in this place, but she still stood as tall as she could on principle. She was feeling a little jealous of Naruko’s good posture though and how at ease the pony seemed in such a setting. “Has she really been to that many of these kinds of events?” Twilight wondered.

“Are you alright, Twilight?” Naruko asked in concern.

Twilight blushed again. “Just a little nervous…” she replied.

“I’m sure Celestia will be more than overjoyed to see you again and spend the evening with you,” Naruko said in comfort.

Twilight just gave a nervous laugh. “Not why I’m nervous,” she thought to herself.

“I’m really thirsty, Twilight. Do you mind if we take a detour to the juice punch bowl?” Naruko asked blushing a little bit just enough to drive any pony wild in Twilight’s opinion. Twilight just nodded in reply. “Great!” Naruko said. She was thankful for a little longer time with Twilight tonight.

Naruko let out a breath once she had a glass of punch in her magic field. “Sorry about this, Twilight. I didn’t really have much before we came here tonight,” Naruko admitted.

Twilight took a sip of her juice. “Same here,” she replied simply. She was blushing a little and felt really awkward. It was similar to the way Shining Armor described how he felt on his first date. Twilight wondered if maybe her feelings were similar towards Naruko as Shining’s were to his marefriend. She shook her head. “No. That isn’t it. I just feel out of place here, especially next to Naruko,” she told herself.

Naruko was worried maybe Twilight was getting upset they were taking time to get to Celestia. Maybe she shouldn’t try for anymore detours, or she shouldn’t have assumed Twilight was walking with her earlier. She never saw Twilight this nervous before except for before a test or when she was carrying on about possibly getting a super-secret pop test from Princess Celestia. This side of Twilight was a lot rarer since they moved to Ponyville, which Naruko thought was a good thing.

“Sorry for being so greedy, Twilight. I should have just let you go straight to Princess Celestia. I know that’s why you came here in the first place.” Naruko might have said the last part with an unintentional hint of disappointment. Twilight noticed the tone difference and would have asked about it, but she was too nervous. She was looking around and scared she might do something embarrassing like spill her drink on her dress or somepony else’s outfit. Twilight also had to admit something about the way Naruko sipped her punch entranced her.

Drinks successfully consumed, the two made their way over to Princess Celestia. Naruko seemed to be moving a little faster now. Twilight would have asked her to slow down but moving in these heels at this speed took more of her concentration than she liked and she had to focus.

Soon Princess Celestia was in sight and Twilight moved a little faster as she smiled brightly. She pretty much dragged Naruko with her while the pony grinned apologetically to the ponies waiting in line to greet the Princess. They were more intrigued than upset at the scene.

“Princess Celestia,” Twilight said in greeting with a bright smile.

“Oh Twilight, my faithful student! I’m so glad to see you,” Princess Celestia greeted in return.

“I was pretty much waiting for this the whole time since you gave me the tickets. There is so much I want to tell you,” Twilight said less cheerfully than she thought she would be originally, but still happy none the less.

“It is also good to see you as well my perceptive student, Naruko,” Celestia greeted with her ever radiant smile. “You look exceptionally wonderful tonight.”

Naruko smiled in return and did blush a little. It was hard not to with Princess Celestia. “Well Rarity does make wonderful dresses. I actually found myself eager to wear it tonight. It is wonderful to see you again Princess Celestia. Is Princess Luna taking care of the Royal Duties tonight, or well she be making an appearance?” she asked.

“My dear sister is busy tonight. She won’t be joining us I’m afraid,” Princess Celestia replied. Though there was a part of her that wished she could trade places with her sister at the moment.

“Well running Equestria is never an easy task and sadly it won’t take a break for events such as this,” Naruko replied before bowing again. “If you will excuse me, Princess Celestia. I believe the main hall is calling my name,” Naruko gave a wonderful and elegant smile. She could play the part of a lovely court mare when she wanted. The gathered ponies waiting in line were impressed by her decorum.

“I’ve never really seen her acting this way,” Twilight whispered to Princess Celestia. “Is she alright?”

Princess Celestia kept from snickering as she greeting a small group of ponies. She then whispered back to Twilight, “Well, you’ve never really see her in court mode before. She has become a bit popular with the elites for more than just her title.”

Twilight found herself having to close her jaw in amazement at her friend. She felt sad she didn’t know as much about Naruko like she first thought. She resolved to correct this after tonight. Twilight was also surprised by how many ponies greeted the Princess and did the same with her in turn.

{-} {-} {-}

Once they all separated, Fluttershy went straight to the gardens open for the Gala guests. She was disappointed, but not surprised how few ponies actually made use of the gardens tonight. Not that it really mattered to her. She had a mission.

Her mission had gotten off to a rocky start. She ended up being a little too enthusiastic when she tried to greet the animals. She thought the meadowlark was talking to her and beckoning her to come over and say hi, but the bird soon flew off. She looked for more and ignored the pony she came across who was seemingly tending to the gardens raking up fallen leaves while whistling.

She eventually turned to the old pony and asked, “Excuse me. But did you see a meadowlark fly this way?”

“Nope can’t say I have. I don’t usually pay attention to the animals though. They keep to themselves,” he replied before whistling in a manner oddly reminiscent to the bird she was looking for at the moment. She then heard some other animals and decided to go and say hi to them instead.

She tried to be calmer and sweeter this time, but the animals still left her when they could. She didn’t get it. “What am I doing wrong?” she thought. She didn’t want to admit it, but she was starting to get a little nervous things weren’t going the way she wanted.

{-} {-} {-}

“Come an’ get yer Apple goods. Fair prices for quality treats,” Applejack said as a group of ponies passed by her. They looked to her before chuckling to themselves. Applejack was remembering why she didn’t usually like fancy ponies. She wasn’t deterred from her goal though. The night was just getting started.

A couple of mares came up to her smiling. “Well howdy, you two,” she greeted.

The mares smiled to her in return and one asked, “Where did you get that lovely dress?”

“My friend Rarity made it for me. She sure knows how to make dresses,” Applejack replied.

“She does,” the other mare said this time as she looked over Applejack’s dress.

“So what can I get you two?” she asked.

“Oh!” the two mares replied in surprise. It was almost as if they weren’t even paying attention to the cart.

“I’m sorry… We won’t be getting anything to eat. It was difficult enough fitting in to these dresses for tonight. I’m really sorry,” the first mare said.

“No problem… If ya’ll ever change yer mind or happen to be in Ponyville be sure to look up the Apple Family especially since Cider season is coming up here real quick. Have yourselves a wonderful night,” Applejack replied with a smile.

The two mares walked away without purchasing anything, but they were eagerly chatting about Cider season and one of them even said she knew Apple family Cider was the best. “We should get all of the girls together and go there this year,” the second mare said.

The next pony that made their way over to Applejack and her stand was one of the Wonderbolts. He was even wearing the flight suit and everything. “Well howdy there partner. Nice seeing a Wonderbolt tonight after all,” she greeted.

“I suppose so. I’m Soarin and I sure am hungry,” he said.

“Well I’m Applejack. How Hungry are ya?” she asked.

“As a horse!” he said with a chuckle. Applejack chuckled as well.

“What can I do ya for? Carmel Apple? Apple pie? Candied Apple? Apple fries? Apple Fritters? Or just a good old regular apple?” she asked motioning to her wares in turn.

“I’ll take that big Apple Pie!” Soarin said with hungry eyes.

“Sure thing,” Applejack said as he handed over the correct bits and she gave him his pie. “Things seem to be looking up after all,” she said once he left.

{-} {-} {-}

Soarin didn’t need to go far before joining back up with the other Wonderbolts. Spitfire, the leader, chuckled. “I guess I shouldn’t be surprised you managed to find a pie already,” she said.

“You know me. Got to eat after practice or a show,” Soarin said with a grin.

Fleetfoot gave a giggle as she said, “Now that I think about it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you without some sort of food, Soarin.”

The male pegasus grinned as he said, “That’s because you keep refusing to take me up on that date offer.” Spitfire chuckled to this as the other two ponies did after Fleetfoot blushed a little bit.

While laughing, Soarin accidentally lost balance of his pie and gasped about to cry out as it fell to the floor. Just then a rainbow colored streak zipped right to them and saved the pie from certain doom. “You saved it! Thanks!” Soarin replied.

Rainbow gave a giggle as she said, “No problem.”

As Soarin walked off with Fleetfoot following him closely, Spitfire actually noticed Rainbow. “Hey! You’re the one who saved us and won the competition.”

“Hay yeah! Name’s Rainbow Dash,” she replied acting cool and succeeding in doing so.

“Want to hang out with us tonight? You saved us having to hear Soarin’s stomach growling all night,” Spitefire said with a laugh.

Rainbow laughed as well and said, “Sure I guess I can.” She again played the part of the cool pegasus she was. But as soon as Spitefire was out of earshot Rainbow spoke again, “I. Get. To. Hang out. With the Wonderbolts!” She then gave a very uncool and instead extremely cute squeal of excitement before she followed. This night was looking up for her indeed.

{-} {-} {-}

Pinkie gave a sigh as she sat at a table near one of the refreshment tables. She had been so excited when she entered the dance floor area and bounced around everywhere singing and dancing in the middle of the dance floor. She grabbed two ponies she didn’t even notice and sweated nervously when she realized all eyes of the ponies were looking at her in disappointment. She also noticed Octavia had a slightly annoyed look on her face. It at least wasn’t as bad as the rest of the band.

Pinkie actually felt a little down already. She didn’t even know how to dance to this kind of music. She kept to side and mostly out of sight as she watched Naruko, who came in after her entrance, dancing with different ponies on the dance floor. She actually found herself a little jealous of Naruko, because the blonde unicorn knew this kind of dancing and seemed to be a hit with the ponies.

Octavia looked a little sad when she saw Pinkie sitting in the corner. She didn’t hate the pony. She actually like her. All of Ponyville did, but tonight Octavia just wanted this gig finished with already. She was really excited for what she had planned for later that night after the Gala. “It’s going to be amazing,” she thought to herself and started to smile a little. Patrons loved seeing her smile. It was always described as elegant and mysterious. She also appreciated seeing Naruko dancing and just knew her dress was something Rarity created few ponies matched that level of quality.

Pinkie gave out a sigh as she watched all of the ponies dancing. She didn’t really get the appeal. It was kind of slow. You couldn’t really let loose to this kind of music. She still wished she could at least dance to it like they were, even if it was slow. That would be better than just watching.

{-} {-} {-}

Rarity had spent most of her time since arriving searching for destined stallion, Prince Blueblood. She made sure to keep proper posture and appearance. She didn’t go too fast nor did she go too slow. She went at the right pace for such an elegant pony as herself.

Sadly, that made her progress much slower that she wished. She managed to catch a glimpse of him earlier, but that was too long ago for her liking. She was tempted to up her pace. She then stopped dead in her tracks as she entered the ballroom area and quickly moved to the side as her jaw dropped open. There was her destined love and he was dancing with Naruko of all ponies.

Naruko was taking her first short break when she was approached by one of the last ponies she wanted to see tonight. She took in a deep breath and let it out. She then turned around and wore a pleasant smile as she said, “Prince Blueblood. It is a pleasure to see you here tonight.”

Prince Blueblood gave a laugh many mares would find debonair, but not Naruko, as he spoke. “You know me well enough, Naruko. You know I wouldn’t miss such a fantastic event as the Grand Galloping Gala. I must say I am surprised to see you here though. Pleasantly surprised. But surprised never the less.” He flashed one of his heart throbbing smiles to her and Naruko returned it politely. She had hoped he would stop smiling like that to her, but he found her not easily impressed manner all the more intriguing as he usually did.

“Well your dear aunt Princess Celestia thought it was time I start making more appearances at such events. I will admit it is more enjoyable than I thought it would be,” she said honestly.

Prince Blueblood gave his laugh once again. “I have been telling both you and Twilight such things for a good while yet. I must say you look rather lovely tonight, Miss Naruko.” He then gave another chuckle as he ‘charmingly’ joked, “Almost as lovely as me.” He then gave another laugh which Naruko obliged with her own giggle that was charming.

Prince Blueblood then gave a slight nod and asked, “Would you allow me to honor you with a dance?”

Naruko took his offered hoof and replied, “I appreciate such an honor, Prince Blueblood. Would you be so kind?”

The Ponce laughed again and smiled as he said, “I believe so.” She then joined him for three back to back dances which he wouldn’t allow her to cut short. Naruko did have to admit despite his many annoying faults, Prince Blueblood was probably one of the best dancers at the Gala and it wasn’t from lack of trying by the other guests.

He talked to her about many things all of which mostly revolved around him though he actually threw in some good humor as well. Naruko also had to admit he was at least being more tolerable than usual tonight.

“So how has the Patrol been treating you, Naruko?” he asked to her surprise. She figured he was only going to talk about himself.

Naruko gave soft sigh as she asked, “Do you want the truth or the nicer version of the truth?”

“The truth of course,” he replied with a laugh.

“I really enjoy the times I actually get to go on a patrol round. Most of the time I am stuck behind a desk with paperwork. Surprisingly I haven’t set it on fire yet,” she answered and he chuckled in response to her.

He then smirked as he leaned in closer and said to her conspiratorially, “I find it enjoyable to make magical copies of the stacks purely for setting fire to while experimenting with the colors.”

Naruko actually let out a genuine laugh and smile to that. “I must say you can be surprisingly more charming than others claim. I might have to just copy your idea.”

“We could compare notes,” he said again getting a genuine laugh and smile from her.

“Be careful, Prince Blueblood. We might actually have too much fun with this plan of yours,” she said with a mischievous smile causing him to laugh again.

By the time they were finished with their three back to back dances which actually had faster tempos by the end, Naruko found herself breathing just a little harder. Her cheeks were lightly flushed and her mane was a little bit damp in just the right way as her eyes fluttered a little. She couldn’t believe that he had gotten her heart to beat like this and the stance they were in was oddly restful and thrilling. She could tell he was supporting her with his weight and muscle. She also couldn’t help but look into his eyes because of the stance.

Prince Blueblood found Naruko rather ravishing in her current state. He blinked a little and smiled at the picture of her there in his hooves on the dance floor. He never said it to many, but he found Naruko one of the few mares that could keep up with him when dancing. She might at times be a little stiff, but he knew her ‘stiffness’ his aunt kept mentioning to her was just an excuse Celestia used to get Naruko out there more with the other Canterlot elite ponies. That way she would have even more practice and experience when she actually had to attend foreign events such as these for diplomatic reasons in the future due to her status.

He was sure Naruko knew this in the back of her mind somewhere, but she might not in reality. After all, while Naruko was the perceptive student, there really wasn’t much chance she stood against his aunt who had been around for thousands of years when she really tried. Kyuubi did help Naruko, but he too wasn’t as experienced in life as Aunt Celestia, even if he was much closer to her level.

Prince Blueblood gave Naruko a few seconds to catch her breath while he held her in their last stance of the dance. Once she had caught her breath, he gave her a proper deep bow. “It seems the honor of the dance was mine to have after all, Naruko. Thank you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your night.”

“I enjoyed our dances, Prince Blueblood. Thank you and enjoy your night,” she said in reply. He gave a small smile and a nod in reply. Naruko blushed a little despite herself as she made her way over to the refreshment table for a glass of punch. She felt confused by Princes Blueblood. He was actually much closer to what mares claimed he was like in their dreams tonight. He was still full of himself, but it seemed he could be almost likable when he wanted to be.

Why does he have to be such a great dancer?” she asked herself. It would be easier to keep writing him off as Ponce Blueblood if he wasn’t. She still couldn’t believe he got her heart to actually flutter. She was sure a couple of days back at the palace around him would be enough for her to get over this at least.

Naruko felt a little uneasy as she noticed there were a lot of ponies looking at her more intently now. Several mares were looking at her with jealousy, but oddly there was one pair that really seemed to be staring daggers at her. She looked around but the dagger eyes were already gone.

After what amounted to a one song break, the gates were open again and the stallions rushed in to ask her for dances. Naruko took in a deep breath and got back to it with a pleasant smile. She hoped Prince Blueblood hadn’t charmed her on the dance floor too much so all of the other dances wouldn’t be enjoyable. She was also wondering if he did it on purpose to in essence leave his mark on her for the night or something.

{-} {-} {-}

Applejack gave a sigh. Her night hadn’t been working out like she planned it to work out. She had made a few sells, but most of the ponies who approached her weren’t hungry it seemed. Many asked her about her dress. Applejack made the best of a bad situation and happily told everypony who asked that it was her friend Rarity from Ponyville who made the dress. She hoped to at least have drummed up some future business for her friend if nothing else.

Some ponies had asked her about the Apple family farms and she happily told them all about her family. Applejack was hoping to have earned some future business for them all as well. So, the night wasn’t as successful as she wanted it to be, but it wasn’t a total loss. “Sure, am glad Big Mac set things up with his numbers’ magic. Otherwise this would have be a total disaster,” Applejack mused to herself.

{-} {-} {-}

Rainbow Dash sighed yet again. She had tried to impress the Wonderbolts throughout the night to get their attention, but it was to no avail. She had to admit hanging out with them in this setting wasn’t anywhere near as cool as she thought it would be. She found the refreshments weren’t too bad at least.

There was also the level of noise in this VIP area. All of the ponies were chattering away and trying to out do the others in an effort to be heard. There wasn’t even music playing in the background of the area.

Rainbow Dash stood up and decided to make her way out of the VIP section. She was tempted to tell Spitfire she was leaving for the dance room, but she realized her absence wouldn’t be noticed. “They probably wouldn’t even hear me anyways if I tried,” she thought as she left.

Maybe Pinkie will have the dancefloor really kicking by now!” Rainbow thought with a little anticipation.

{-} {-} {-}

Okay… We totally have to find out how Naruko does it sometime. She’s totally having a blast and not just pretending by this point. Then there was that whole thing with Prince Blueblood… I really hope Rarity didn’t happen to see that. It was intense! Who knew ballroom dancing could be so… hot! And fun!” Pinkie thought as she munched on a cupcake. It wasn’t as good as the ones she made, but it was better than nothing.

Her pony watching wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t a lot of fun either and she was both surprised and upset Naruko hadn’t even noticed she was in the same room. “Granted it is a big room and there are a lot of ponies and she is dancing a whole lot. Was that a mare she just danced with?” Pinkie wondered as she used her hooves as binoculars. “It was! Twilight is so going to hate that she missed this chance. I just know it!” Pinkie replied to herself.

Okay so pony watching was turning out to be more fun than she thought it was earlier. She still wished she could be partying it up here, but it seemed the ponies weren’t into that kind of thing. She was tempted to try and get them to all do the Pony Pokey, but she didn’t want to interrupt Naruko’s dancing marathon. She also had a feeling even the Pony Pokey wouldn’t work here with these ponies in this setting.

“Hey, Pinkie…” Rainbow said in surprise. “What are you doing over here?” she asked. She had found her pink pony friend right away since she kind of hovered into the area.

“Watching Naruko,” Pinkie replied casually.

“Naruko’s here?” Rainbow asked. “Maybe she’ll want to hang out with us as well and we can like get this party started or something.” She looked around for her blonde unicorn friend.

“If you think you can get her away from the sea of ponies eager to dance with her,” Pinkie said. “Oooo… I remember him from the fashion show.”

Rainbow wasn’t sure how it was Pinkie was able to make out any ponies from where they were sitting. She continued looking around for any other ponies she knew. It was half way through the second song when she saw someone. “What’s Twilight doing here?” she asked not expecting an answer. Twilight was paused in mid step with awe it seemed. “Where’s she… Oh…” Rainbow said as she finally found Naruko. She also couldn’t believe this ballroom dancing could be so awesome as she watched.

“I didn’t even know it could be that fast moving…” Pinkie admitted still looking through her invisible air binoculars.

{-} {-} {-}

Twilight sighed again. She had been trying to get a word in with Celestia the whole time. She never got past one partially completed sentence. Princess Celestia was trying to hold the conversation as well, but her constant greetings and welcomes caused her to lose track of their conversation.

Twilight was even further surprised just how many ponies wanted to greet her and shook her hooves. It was really weird to be acknowledged this way. She liked it at first, but quickly grew tired of it. She was impressed Celestia was able to keep it up for so long. It was another bullet point for the “Princess Celestia is Amazing” list.

Regardless, of how impressed she was with Celestia the truth was she was growing both annoyed and bored of her original plan. “I told myself I should probably have planned to spend the night with Naruko instead,” she thought. She looked around carefully to see if she would really be missed. She came to the conclusion she wouldn’t be missed.

“Princess Celestia, I have… enjoyed our time together tonight, but I think I want to visit the ballroom,” Twilight said as she started to make her exit.

“If you wish Twilight,” Princess Celestia replied with a wink. Twilight smiled to that and shot off as fast as her heels would allow.

When she entered the Ballroom area, she was blow away by how the always “Too stiff” Naruko was dancing with Hoity Toity. They were seemingly gliding across the dancefloor. It wasn’t to the level things were at the swing club they visited with Vinyl that one time, but it was pretty close. Twilight saw how much Naruko was enjoying herself and she really wished she was the one dancing out there with Naruko instead. She couldn’t believe she was jealous of Hoity Toity.

{-} {-} {-}

It had been mostly non-stop dancing for Naruko after Blueblood left her. Sadly, like she feared, it seemed Blueblood had been too charming on the dance floor. Fortunately, it was still fun to dance at least, but no pony was matching up to him. Naruko was mentally cursing him for having been too good for the night.

She did get a kick out of dancing with a couple of mares who wanted to just for fun. The other ponies seemed to really enjoy it as well. Naruko supposed it made sense. The mares she danced with were beautiful so the stallions got to have a show of two pretty mares dancing with each other. Since they were both mares they really let loose a little as well.

She got to have another short break for another glass of punch. She was thankful for the refreshment. Dancing was surprisingly a bit sweaty even if she had managed not to sweat through her dress.

“Well… I must admit I am glad you convinced me to give your friend a second chance. That dress is simply amazing and the fabric choice perfect for all of the dancing you’ve been doing,” a welcomed voice said from behind her.

Naruko gave a giggle as she turned around and smiled. “It is good to see you, Hoity Toity. No surprise you look as fashionable as ever. I didn’t even know that about dress fabrics.”

“You aren’t a dress making pony so you don’t need to know that, but it does make difference,” Hoity said as he hinted to some of the other ponies in the area.

Naruko took notice some of them were worse for wear than she was, even if the ponies were being careful with their outfits. They weren’t looking like scraps of cloth or anything like that, but she could tell they wouldn’t stand up to all of the dancing she did.

“I’ll have to do something special for Rarity in thanks,” she said. “How have you been tonight?” she asked politely.

“Marvelous! I’ve always loved dances and events like this. Prince Blueblood is probably one of the few ponies who enjoys them more than me. Speaking of dances…” Hoity started. He then gave a deep bow with a flourish. “Would you do me the honor dancing with me?” he asked.

Naruko smiled as she said, “Who would I be to turn down such an offer, especially when you are seemingly in a most agreeable mood.”

Hoity chuckled. “I am afraid however I must request two dances.”

“Why is that?” Naruko asked curiously.

“One for the lovely dress you are wearing and one for the lovely mare in front of my eyes,” he said as he looked to her.

Naruko actually blushed a little bit. She never knew he could be so charming himself. “Like I said. Who would I be to turn down such an offer,” she replied as she took his offered hoof and he led the way to the dance floor. She preferred his company because it wouldn’t be as crazy distracting as Prince Blueblood was. She knew Hoity Toity when he was in his best and most polite form as well as when he was being snobby at times. He was also a great dancer.

The first dance was really nice and he held a pleasant conversation. Naruko enjoyed it and found herself actually enjoying the Gala overall. She hoped her friends were enjoying it as much, but at the moment the only thing she could think of was dancing and her dance partner.

When the second song started and she recognized the tune for the dance style it signified, she couldn’t help but give Hoity a playful smile. "My my, Hoity. I have to wonder if you set this up with the band on purpose. Everypony knows you are one of the best at the Quick Step.”

Hoity Toity gave an overly dramatic gasp at that. “Who’s to say I am not simply that well known for my quickstep that the band chose this song of their own accord when the saw who my lovely dance partner was. I am shocked. Shocked! I tell you. that you would think such a thing, Miss Uzumaki.” If his gasp hadn’t instantly transformed into a grin, Naruko might have thought she upset him. Since he was grinning, Naruko couldn’t help but giggle at his playing along with her.

“Well then… I think I am ready for the Hoity Quick Step test,” Naruko said with a mischievous grin.

Hoity matched her mischievous grin with his own mischievous grin. “I was hoping you would say that. Let’s show them how it’s done then, shall we?” He said as she giggled and they took off. Some of the gathered ponies watched in awe as Hoity and Naruko glided across the dance floor.

Hoity was good at the dance and adding in moves to it. Naruko was surprised how well she was able to keep up, but she loved it. The tune was well played for this and Naruko could have sworn Octavia winked at her as they glided past the band stage.

When the dance was over, Hoity held their last step giving Naruko a moment to catch her breath. Her heart was beating with joy and excitement. She felt light but in addition a little exhausted. There was also a certain sense of satisfaction she felt. It was odd. She had enjoyed plenty of dances, but nothing like some of the ones tonight at the Gala. Perhaps Celestia was in a way leveling her up or something.

Naruko didn’t think about that as she just enjoyed the rush of having completed a wonderful dance. Hoity Toity even finished them off was a twirl where they actually faced several gathered ponies who clapped and a couple even cheered. Naruko couldn’t help but give an enchanting laugh as she smiled brightly and looked to Hoity Toity before thanking him and the two going their separate ways.

Naruko’s heart was still beating fast and she felt very pleasantly warm as she shivered a little in ecstasy from the dance rush. She was pretty sure her mane was rather sweaty now and would need a touch up in the restroom, but she didn’t want to leave the dance room for some reason. She was also glad her makeup wasn’t runny or anything.

“Naruko…” she heard a voice softly speak to her.

Naruko turned around and smiled. “Twilight! What are you doing here? Did you decide to check on me? Taking a break from being with Celestia to say hi?” she asked.

Twilight sighed to that though Naruko was confused why. “Care for a bit of a rest?” Twilight asked.

Naruko nodded as she and Twilight went to get some refreshments and find a spot to sit down. The ponies decided Naruko deserved a break after her dance/performance with Hoity Toity. Naruko was pleased with this. She would have turned down any ponies who asked her for a dance at the moment to recover, but this way she didn’t have to use excuses.

“Did you see that?!” Naruko asked Twilight as they sat down.

“I did… I never knew you were that good. It looked like a lot of fun,” Twilight said a little wistfully.

“Oh, it was! Hoity Toity is one of the best dancers and Quick Step is his favorite,” Naruko explained as she seemed to gush.

“Sounds like you’ve been enjoying the dance so far,” Twilight said.

“I have. I’m sure everypony is enjoying the night. I don’t know where the others are though. The biggest surprise tonight for me so far was Prince Blueblood,” Naruko said enthusiastically.

“What?!” Twilight asked in shock. She was surprised her mood was already getting better just sitting with Naruko like this. “I totally should have wanted to spend my time with her instead. I’m making sure she dances with me at least once even if I’m not that great,” she added mentally as she listened.

“I know… I was surprised too. He was actually acting like Rarity dreamed he would. I wonder if she found him and if they are having a good time. I doubt he would just act that way towards me alone,” Naruko said.

“Who knows, but that is surprising he was actually being a Prince Charming tonight,” Twilight said with a giggle that Naruko matched.

“After we rest for a bit longer, do you want to dance a couple of times with me, Twi?” Naruko asked. She was very hopeful Twilight would agree.

The purple unicorn couldn’t help but give a broad grin. “I would like that. I’ll have to try not to get too carried away and ruin our dance,” she answered.

Naruko’s heart felt extra light to that. She was actually thinking about calling this the best night ever, but she didn’t yet. She instead hugged Twilight tightly and smiled. “Thanks! I was actually afraid you wouldn’t want to spend any more time with me at the Gala tonight.”

Twilight returned the hug and didn’t dare mention how sweaty Naruko was. She actually kind of liked this weird sweaty hug. Maybe it was because it felt like the purest Naruko hug she had received in a long time. Maybe the Gala was going to be a good memory after all. She fully realized her best part of the night was spent with Naruko already instead of Princess Celestia. It was something more to think on later.

As the two ponies held the hug, they were surprised when the doors to the ballroom burst open and they could hear shouting from a familiar voice. Instead of immediately panicking and reacting, both Twilight and Naruko gave frustrated sighs.

“Damn it… I love Rarity as a friend, but I swear she seems to have the best timing at ruining things for us lately…” Naruko said not realizing she did so out loud in her anger at being denied more precious Twilight time yet again.

“Yeah…” Twilight muttered in agreement. Just when she was about to think the night might be a good time Rarity had to happen. The two ponies then got up and went to see what was going on with Rarity. She was still their friend and they wanted to try and help her out if they could.

{-} {-} {-}

Rarity gave a disgusted look to the side after Ponce Blueblood insisted on using her cloak to cover a spill. She even had to use her own magic to place it now that the moment fully registered. Things had started out so well despite what happened between Naruko and Blueblood earlier.

---- Flashback starts ----

Rarity felt a little betrayed by Naruko with the way the pony was having such a wonderful time with Prince Blueblood. She also felt an immense level of jealousy from nowhere. It got so bad for her she had to leave the ballroom area, because she didn’t want to do something she would regret or ruin her friend's night.

She went to a balcony to get some fresh air. Once she calmed down, she was pleasantly surprised by his sudden appearance on the opposite side of the sizable balcony. She stood up taller and briefly touched up her mane with a quick spell. She made her way over to him with her most charming smile. “You are Prince Blueblood correct?” she asked in a friendly manner.

“Why yes, I am,” he replied as he looked her over. He had to admit she was a very beautiful mare, but he was wondering if she was one of those types. He would have to see as he spent some time with her. “Who are you? May I ask,” he said.

“I am Rarity… What a lovely rose,” she stated as he floated one up he just picked from the garden below.

“You mean this rose?” He asked with a smile. Rarity nodded and was thinking he was about to do something very romantic. Instead he continued speaking, “Thank you. It matches my eyes and will make the perfect accent,” he said as he tucked it in the upper pocket of his tux outfit.

Rarity groaned in disappointment. He was acting completely different from how he did with Naruko earlier. “Maybe he just needs time to warm up his charm again,” she tried to convince herself. She decided to make conversation as he motioned for her to accompany him. “So, what do you think of the Gala?” she asked.

“It is rather lovely I will admit, but I have been to better. How about yourself, Miss Rarity what do you think of it?” He asked. Rarity was about to say something, but he cut her off with a laugh which he thought sounded good-natured and wonderful. “Silly me. It is obvious you have never been to one before. Otherwise I would remember such a beauty as yourself,” he said and gave a really far too big smile.

Rarity wasn’t sure what to think. She felt insulted but also complimented. He said she was a memorable beauty, but the way he said it was obviously her first Gala made it seem like he thought her without much social class or something. It really got to her, but she was strong and determined to prove Prince Blueblood was every bit as charming as she dreamed he was. She did her best to continue conversing with him.

{-} {-} {-}

It was obvious now that Prince Blueblood was a talker to Rarity. She loved ponies who talked plenty, but the problem here is that he kept talking and talking and the subject was pretty much always himself. He didn’t even really give her much chance to answer the rare questions he asked her.

They eventually went back into the Ballroom and Rarity was thinking that maybe he was just more comfortable on the dance floor and his true and wonderful self would come out there. They shared one dance. He seemed… disappointed. Rarity didn’t get it, she was an alright dancer even if he was plenty better than her. It wasn’t her fault she didn’t have much time for practice and Ponyville didn’t exactly have dance schools or anything.

“I’m guessing you don’t have much experience in dancing,” he said.

“Well… No. I’m quick study, but I’m always busy,” she explained.

“Well then shall we go somewhere else then?” he asked before not even listening to her reply as he led the way off the dance floor.

Rarity was getting a little annoyed. She was going to talk about how she didn’t have much time because she was always working on dresses. She was even going to point out several of the dresses she saw ponies wearing that she had made. She didn’t like how he made it seem like she wasn’t allowed to say much because she wasn’t great at dancing or something.

Give him time, Rarity… He is no doubt eager to change the setting so he can properly wow me,” she tried to convince herself.

They were again walking in the garden along a wonderful stone path way. “This is really beautiful,” Rarity commented.

Prince Blueblood chuckled. “Of course, it is. This is the palace after all. But I know the best spots here.” He continued leading and she eagerly followed.

Rarity again didn’t like his tone with her. He was treating her like some sort of country bumpkin mare it felt like. The two were under a tree on a small hill in a grove of trees. There were only a few other ponies here and it was a lovely spot. Rarity thought things were turning around again when he pulled out a lovely cushion and placed it on the ground. He managed to ruin that moment with ease by sitting down on it and taking up all of the space.

They hadn’t sat down long, or well he hadn’t sat down long, before he was up again and leading the way once more. Rarity gave a sigh. “It really seems Naruko and Twilight were right about him. But why was he so charming towards Naruko on the dance floor earlier?” she wondered.

“Miss Rarity! Stop!” he said suddenly stopping her in place. They had just entered the VIP section which was very noisy and there was a spilled drink in front of them.

“Oh my…” she said her eyes sparkling a little now. “How chivalrous, Prince Blueblood,” she said her voice taking on a dreamy quality again. He was finally redeeming himself after all.

“One would not want to slip on such a floor,” he said seemingly ignoring her words completely.

Rarity kept smiling as she said, “Obviously not.”

“One’s cloak should take care of the problem,” He said again seeming to have not even registered her words.

“Oh, of course it will,” Rarity replied a little confused. She knew his outfit didn’t have such an accessory.

She then noticed he was motioning to her cloak. Rarity looked around in awe of his audacity at such a thing. She was too blown away by his behavior she didn’t think to even mention they could just walk around the spilled drink. There was plenty of room in the area. Instead she just held her confused look as she floated her cloak on to the ground to cover the spill and watched as he walked across it while holding his head up high.

---- End of Flashback ----

Blueblood said something she wasn’t paying attention to as she looked to the side unimpressed and replied with a bored, “Hnnh.” She kept walking and rolled her eyes every so often uncaring if he noticed or not. He didn’t since he was in front and not even walking by her side. “Naruko and Twilight were completely right about him…” she thought. She then let out a sigh as her shoulders sagged a moment. “They’re never going to let me live this down... Are they?

When she looked up again, she was immensely relieved they were walking the grounds and were close to Applejack’s stand. She smiled brightly and trotted up to the stand. Prince Blueblood was curious about this development and caught up. He tried not to let the hunger show in his eyes as he spotted the assortment of treats.

“Applejack! Sooo good to see you. How has your night been?” Rarity asked.

“Better…” Applejack replied lazily. “How has yours been?” she asked.

“Ha ha heh...” Rarity replied with a humorless chuckle.

Prince Blueblood was thinking that maybe he was wrong about this mare. He had tested her throughout the night and written her off as both easy on the eyes and an easy mare desperately wanting to get with a high society pony. She didn’t even call him out on using her cloak to step through a spilled drink when they could have easily walked around it. He came up with one last test as the two clearly friends talked a little to each other.

“So, are you two ponies hungry?” Applejack asked with a smile.

Rarity looked to Blueblood who once again had his nose in the air as he said, “I suppose so…”

Rarity smiled and ordered some food. She then expected him to pay. He in turn cleared his throat at her. She cleared her throat even louder back at him. Prince Blueblood was actually finding the exchange a lot of fun. He cleared his throat once more and looked pointedly at her.

This was actually rather enjoyable for him so far. He was beginning to think he was wrong about her and if she passed this test of his he would find a way to make it up to her. She then failed it by simply sighing and saying, “I’m going to have to pay. Aren’t I.” He gave a smug look as she got the food.

He was a little surprised when Applejack gave a friendly smile and said, “Don't worry about it, Rarity. This one’s on me.”

“Thank you, Applejack. At least somepony knows what common decency is and has proper manners,” she said not at all hiding her disdain at a certain prince standing next to her.

Prince Blueblood decided to give her one last chance. He took the food and ate it. Actually, enjoyed the taste because Apple family products were that good. He then pretended to vomit as he screeched, “Apple fritters! Apple pies! Candied Apples! My lips have been tainted by common folk fair food! I’m going to the buffet for some… hors d'oeuvres.” He added a grimace as if even such food was beneath him.

Rarity just gave an “Ugh…” before following him.

The prince’s smirk grew. He was thinking about using her for a quickie now. She clearly only cared about getting his attention. He had just insulted her friend’s food and the pony’s generosity of giving it to them free. It didn’t at all occur to him that in her mind Rarity was poking him with a pitchfork and turning him on a rotisserie over an open white-hot flame with a very evil grin. She was just that in control of her emotions and believed in standards enough not to act on her thoughts.

{-} {-} {-}

“Well Jee golly… Ah guess I should have expected a party like this to have free highfalutin fancy food,” she said. She then gave a sigh packed up her wagon really quick and decided to head inside and at least see the ballroom and hopefully some of the others for the rest of the Gala or maybe convince them to leave early if their nights weren’t much better.

When Applejack entered the ballroom, she was blown away by the dance Naruko and Hoity Toity did on the dancefloor and it seemed several others were as well. She then noticed Naruko and Twilight disappeared to somewhere to probably finally spend some time alone together.

“Hey, AJ!” she heard Rainbow Dash call and wave her over. It looked like Rainbow hadn’t been there long either and she was sitting with a clam but oddly contented Pinkie Pie at a table.

Applejack came over and gave a laugh. “Ah’m guessing ya’lls night went about as well as mine did if you’re both here.”

Rainbow rolled her eyes but smiled a little. Pinkie Pie seemed happier than she was a moment ago and nodded agreement. “Have you seen Rarity or Fluttershy?” Pinkie asked.

“Ah saw Rarity earlier it looked like her night was actually going worse. I don’t understand why she hasn’t ditched that no good prince fellow,” Applejack replied.

“Probably just to prove a point,” Rainbow said. “I guess no one’s seen Fluttershy then. It looks like Naruko who only planned on dancing the whole night actually enjoyed herself.”

“Yeah… Who would have thought going to a fancy ball to dance would actually be the best idea,” Pinkie said in a manner the other two weren’t sure if she was joking or actually seriously hadn't thought of that. It was at that moment they heard a door burst open and shouting. They got up to see what was going on now.

{-} {-} {-}

I will not set his mane on fire… I will not set his mane on fire… So much mane product that it might explode and set the castle on fire. I don’t even use that much,” Rarity thought to herself as she followed Ponce Blueblood back to the ballroom. She was planning to ditch him there as she excused herself to the little fillies’ room to freshen up.

However, he stopped just in front of the doors and turned to face her. Rarity was confused about this and might have remained so if it wasn’t for his look. He was smirking at her in a way that it was almost a sneer.

“I hope you enjoyed the honor and privilege of being allowed to accompany me for so long. I was half tempted to take you to my bedchamber for some fun, but even I have enough standards not to do that to a mare, even if she is as easy as you are. It is obvious a mare such as yourself will never get to enjoy such an event again. So, enjoy the rest of your night elsewhere and out of my sight,” Prince Blueblood said in a manner he somehow thought was both condescending and polite. It was only something he would think possible. When he saw what looked like fire in Rarity’s eyes as she glared at him, he knew he messed up bad and went too far.

“A mare like me?!” she said her eye twitching. “A mare like me?! You are lucky I don’t throw you off that balcony! I may not be as powerful as my friends Naruko and Twilight, but it is obvious I am much more than you will ever be! You can’t even use your magic to hover a cloak or open doors!” She blasted him through the doors at that moment.

Prince Blueblood was more terrified in that moment than he could remember as he tried to scramble backwards and a way from Rarity. “Get back! Get back you… you… you crazy mare you!” he shouted drawing attention from all of the ponies in the ballroom. He was hoping they would help him, but it didn’t seem like they were brave enough.

“Crazy...?” Rarity said even angrier than she already was. “I’ll show you crazy!” She then used her horn’s magic to levitate several pies and desserts in the air and threw them at him. They were about to hit pans, plates, food and all when a familiar light blue shield popped up just in front of Prince Blueblood for everything to hit instead.

Rarity blinked and looked up to see a deeply concerned Naruko and very surprised Twilight along with the rest of her friends minus Fluttershy. She did wonder where Fluttershy was before she realized what she had just done and blushed. She was scared no pony would ever forget this scene and would actually think she was just some crazy mare.

I did that to help Rarity and keep her from making a huge mistake… Yep… that was it. If she actually hurt the ponce with those plates Celestia and the royal guard would have to act. It was not for any other reason at all. For sure not because I for a bit there actually though the ponce was charming when he wanted to be and maybe half way decent…” Naruko told herself to explain why she protected Prince Blueblood instead of just stopping Rarity.

“She… She… She’s crazy…” Prince Blueblood said looking up to his savior with as much surprise and admiration as he could.

Naruko gave a frown as she said, “She might be… For putting up with you for as long as she did. Rarity doesn’t get angry easy and has remarkable patience. If you did something to get her this angry. It’s on you.” She then sighed, “And to think I was actually momentarily charmed by you earlier tonight.”

Rarity was once again thinking about self-imposed exile and much more. The ponies were just about to start whispering about her or maybe scowl at her, but just then everypony heard something that sounded like a stampede approaching from the gardens and paused in what they were doing.

{-} {-} {-}

“Tee heh…” a psycho looking beautiful pegasus giggled cutely. “Come out my little pretties… I won’t hurt you… I just want to say hello…” she then added not sounding so cute anymore.

Fluttershy’s right eye twitched as she looked around the garden clearing. The animals were being very difficult. For some reason, they were too scared to come out so she could hug and snuggle them.

The usually gentle pegasus took in a deep breath as she glared towards the trees and shouted, “COME OUT!!!!”

“I just want to pet you… and love you… Buck! I might even call you George!” Fluttershy said as she started to giggle like a mad pony.

The animals cried as they started to all run away and stampeded towards the Ballroom. Fluttershy growled as she took off after them. The fleeing animals panicked and ran even faster. The larger animals in the lead burst through the double doors with Fluttershy right behind them as she shouted, “You’re going to… LOVE ME!!!!”

At that point, Rarity no longer had to worry about her own social faux pas. The ballroom was already in pure chaos as ponies and animals ran everywhere. If a certain cello pony was still there, she might have been terrified as well, but she was already gone to her next gig after watching Naruko and Hoity Toity dance. Princess Celestia on the other hoof was there as she had just entered the room when Fluttershy burst in with the animals.

Fluttershy noticed the chaos she started and said in her usual manner, “Oh… Ummm… Sorry… I got carried away…” No one was listening though.

Celestia came over to a shocked Twilight and simply whispered, “Run.”

Twilight whistled to the others and they all joined her in running away from the Gala. The others didn’t need anymore convincing than that and were eager to get away fast. Rarity lost one of her slippers during the race from the dance. “Hey Rarity! Your shoe. Your Prince will be sure to find you now!” Pinkie said.

Rarity was about to turn around and crush it, but Naruko said, “Coming through!” as she picked it up in her magic.

Rarity took it from her friend's magic and smashed it against a wall quickly on the way out. “That felt oddly refreshing…” Rarity said with a smile as Naruko giggled and they all kept running.

Fluttershy and Rainbow were in the lead each with their own streak following them. “Woah! We did you get this fast Flutters?” she asked cheerfully.

“On that mission with Naruko and my trial I told you all about. It was as if I found my inner pegasus or will to fly at that moment,” She answered as they both slowed down so their friends could catch up. They didn’t know where to go.

Rainbow offered her a high hoof and Fluttershy met it with her own and a happy Fluttershy smile. “Alright!” Rainbow started. “That’s how you start. Can’t get to my level that easily though, but still better than many others would be.”

“I’ll keep training then. Maybe one day I can actually race you,” she said with a giggle as the others appeared in three balls of light. Applejack was on Naruko’s back with a cheering Pinkie on Twilight’s. Rarity was in her own teleport light. She could do short range teleports once or twice a day.

“Pony Joe’s everyone. We should meet up with Spike there. Kyuubi told Spike left early and just went to join him,” Naruko said.

“I know the way,” Twilight said as she motioned for Pinkie to get off her back.

“Aww…” Pinkie said in disappointment as she got off and smiled again.

“I could really use a donut right about now,” Naruko said.

Twilight giggled, “With the way you were dancing like that all night. I’m surprised you have enough energy to teleport yourself and a pony.”

“Well I always did have more energy than I knew what to do with when I was younger. So, I guess I still do have plenty now. And I always make sure to have plenty of stamina,” Naruko said with a matching giggle and a wink at Twilight who blushed a little.

{-} {-} {-}

“Hit me with another one, Pony Joe,” Spike said as he spilled some crumbs on to the countertop bar.

“Woah there, buddy… Haven’t you had enough? You’re hitting them pretty hard tonight,” Pony Joe said.

“Another donut… Extra sprinkles,” Spike said with all the aggression of a lazy tiger.

Pony Joe shook his head as he went for another donut just as the bell to the shop door jingled. There was a laugh from a familiar fox heard announcing the new customer. “Kyuman. Been a while there my friend,” Pony Joe greeted him.

Kyuubi nodded as he hoped up on a barstool next to Spike. “Iced Coffee with mocha,” he ordered as Pony Joe smiled and nodded. Kyuubi then turned to Spike and spoke. “Oho Boy… You should have stayed to watch with me tonight. It was even more entertaining than I thought it would be. Though admittedly it wasn’t because of Pinkie Pie.”

“Ice coffee with mocha. Donut with extra sprinkles,” Pony Joe said as he gave them their orders. “Sounds like it was quite the night at the Gala then huh?”

“What happened?” Spike asked. “Everypony’s okay, right?”

“I wouldn’t have found it entertaining if they weren’t. But yep it really was something tonight. I’m sure you’ll hear all about it soon enough. The others are on their way here,” Kyuubi said as he started his drink.

Pony Joe still found it amazing watching the fox drink like he did. Kyuubi was very much one of a kind and could be surprisingly cultured and elegant when he wanted to be. “Maybe one day I will get to go to Gala, though I will admit. It isn’t really a priority or my kind of scene,” Pony Joe said.

The bell on the door jingled again and this time there were seven voices talking to each other and giggling a little bit. “I still can’t believe Rarity almost socked it to Prince Blueblood,” Rainbow said with a grin as Rarity blushed.

“Well… Ponce Blueblood… did deserve it. I’m just glad Naruko kept me from causing an incident,” Rarity said. She then turned to Naruko with a serious face as she said, “I really mean it. Thank you, Naruko.”

Naruko smiled and said, “The fact you are finally calling the ponce a ponce is more than enough thanks for me.” She then giggled.

“Ohhh?” Twilight said with a mischievous grin that Naruko found Twilight cute, even if she worried what it would mean. “I’m pretty sure I heard somepony with an orange dress and blonde mane admit to being charmed by him earlier in the night.” Rainbow and Pinkie giggled to that.

Naruko blushed. “I-I-I was only saying that because I knew it would get to him. That’s all,” she said not fully meeting Twilight’s eyes. The purple pony didn’t push the topic though and just smiled at her blushing friend. She felt it was about time she got Naruko to Blush considering the pony had been getting her to do so since yesterday.

Pinkie was the next to speak. “I just wish I knew how to do that kind of dancing. I mean it was so cool watching you dance all night and especially with Hoity Toity there towards the end. You have to teach me!” she finished excitedly.

“I didn’t know you were watching, Pinkie. I would have said hi or something if I did. Where were you?” Naruko asked.

“I was off to the side sitting at a table pony watching. When my first attempts at livening up the party didn’t work, I took a break and then just settled for pony watching since I didn’t know how to do a super fancy pony type of party,” she said. “It was actually kind of fun in the end.”

“Wow… It sounds like I really did miss a lot,” Spike said as Twilight seemed to finally notice him and rushed over to give him a hug.

“I’m so sorry I didn’t try to spend time with you Spike. I was so caught up in my plans that I missed out on a lot of potential fun,” Twilight said. She then smiled a little and said, “You don’t even know half of it yet…” Fluttershy and Rarity were both blushing a little bit and looking away from the others as Rainbow and Pinkie giggled at them. The group then placed orders and sat down to talk before they started their real fun for the night. It was a good thing the Gala started in the evening instead of at night and they technically left early.

{-} {-} {-}

Princess Celestia wished she too could have run away like Twilight and her friends. Sadly, she was caught by the guests and had to help out with the animals. She was getting ready for a long night when suddenly she got a devious idea. She then smiled brightly as she spoke to the ponies around her. “I know it has been a rather exciting night. But calm down everypony. And speaking of night…” she gave a big yawn that may or may not have been faked. “I am afraid I must retire. It has been a long day and I need to be up early tomorrow morning.”

She started walking out as several ponies were shocked she was just leaving. She stopped at the door just before she closed it and said, “My dear sister Princess Luna, the Princess of the Night, is still holding Night Court sessions I believe.”

She then left and wondered how many ponies would dare approach her sister. She hoped it wasn’t all of them, but she hoped some did. She knew Luna would be happy to help. Celestia was also glad she didn’t have to put up with them anymore for the night. She did plan on one more stop before actually calling it a night though.

When she entered Pony Joe’s, she heard a round of laughter. She couldn’t help but smile as she came over and stood between Twilight and Naruko. She was a little surprised the ponies seemed the slightest bit upset with the position she chose, but they smiled and greeted her happily anyways.

“I am so sorry for all the trouble we caused you tonight, Princess Celestia,” Twilight said. She then sighed and added, “After you went through all of that trouble to get everyone tickets.”

Princess Celestia laughed to that and smiled. “You needn’t worry about such things Twilight. All of you ponies have nothing to be sorry for. I got what I wanted out of tonight in the end anyways.”

“What did you want?” Naruko asked curiously.

Celestia grinned at her. “I got to see you all dressed up, thanks for that Rarity, and even in makeup. I also got to see you behave like a pony of your status should and noticed how much fun you had doing so,” she answered. She nuzzled Naruko as the blonde unicorn blushed.

She then did the same to Twilight and said, “I got to see you again even if it wasn’t the best of circumstances.”

She then looked to the others and noticed Kyuubi was giving her a knowing grin. She would have to speak to him about that later at some point. “As for the rest of you, you all did indeed liven up the Gala like I wished,” she said as the other ponies blinked in shock. “Though admittedly it wasn’t in the manner I had first thought,” she added.

“But tonight was just awful…” Rarity started.

“I’m sure you will all admit it at least ended fairly well, even if things didn’t work out like you planned,” she added as the ponies reluctantly nodded in thought. Fluttershy and Rarity not so much though, but it seemed they were feeling better now at least.

“As much fun as it all was, I am afraid I really must retire now like I told the nobles I did. It is getting late,” she said this time with a genuine tired yawn.

Naruko looked to her as she left and laughed. “For you it might be ending, but for us it is just beginning. It's about time we all head to the Stargazer Lounge,” she said as Twilight lit up realizing what was coming next. The others nodded happily as Celestia left and paid Pony Joe. The others were really excited now, even if they weren’t sure why the Stargazer was first.

“First though,” Rarity said getting their attention. “A change of attire!” With those words she smiled brightly as her horn glowed to life and her emergency wardrobe kit hidden somewhere away in her dress came out and she got to work. “Don’t anypony move,” she ordered as the all stood up for her. It was just a few minutes later and the amazingly gorgeous gala dresses were now beautiful cocktail dresses.

“Wow! This is neat!” Pinkie said.

“Ah sure can move around better in this here dress and it is the same one,” Applejack replied a little more mystified than she wanted to sound.

“It isn’t my best work, but it will have to do. Fashion Doctor Rarity is always prepared!” Rarity said with a flourish as the others giggled.

“Can I come too?” Spike asked.

“Yes, you can,” Twilight said with a knowing smile.

“Alright. Let’s go girls!” Rarity said with renewed confidence as she led the charge back into the night to continue their adventure.

Author's Note:

Yeah, I know… long chapter. I spent a lot more of my free time on this chapter, but you know how it is. Sometimes when inspiration strikes you just have to go along with it and hopefully there aren't too many mistakes. I will show the rest of their night, but I figured it should be a separate chapter and I don't think it will be as long as this one was. Good thing fimfiction has a bookmark function.

Also in case people are wondering, since I mentioned it briefly, Naruko's ranking compared to Shining's would depend on the situation, but they would usually be considered Equal in rank. The Ever-Free Patrol and the Royal Guard are for the most part considered separate entities. However and I think I've mentioned this before, when it comes to the Patrol (especially once it expands) only Princess Luna out ranks Naruko and more often that is also the case with Luna's Night Guard.