• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 2,510 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Noir Side Story "Right Beside You" - Jacoboby1



Side story in the Noirverse. Twilight is asked to look after Private's little brother Tailspin while Private takes Spike to take Peewee home. Will Twilight be able to handle looking after the disabled colt? Or wills he succumb to sheer Twilightn

  • ...
2
 15
 2,510

"Right Beside You"

Equestria Noir

Side Story

“Right beside Me”

By Jacoboby1

Perspective: Twilight

“Are you sure you have everything?” Private asked as he walked outside to stand beside Spike.

“Yes, you’ve given me all the emergency numbers, a list of his favourite foods, and anything else I could possibly need,” I reassured him.

“I’ll be fine bro,” Tailspin piped up, rolling beside me “You know one of these days I’ll be old enough to stay home alone.”

Private conked his brother on the head and frowned. “Not on my watch Tailspin, I’m not letting you try and find an excuse to raid the apple cookie jar.”

Tailspin rubbed his head and grumbled, “So much for the old charm.”

Spike’s green eyes then met mine. “We won’t be gone for long Twilight, I promise.”

I smiled at him. “I know, you take care of yourself and Private as well.”

Private smiled in turn, walked over to me and planted a kiss on my cheek. I smiled as that warm fuzzy feeling entered my stomach again. I kissed him back and watched as him and Spike began to walk away. I waved goodbye. “Come back soon you two!”

“We will!” Spike called over his shoulder.

Tailspin waved goodbye as well. “Bring me back a souvenir bro!”

Private just smiled back at Tailspin before walking off with Spike.

I watched as Tailspin rolled back into the library to gather his things. Today was a school day and I’d have to walk him over there. Then we had the whole day together until Private comes home tomorrow morning.

I’ll admit I was very nervous about all this. Private has asked me to do some things before. But, this was something I never thought he’d ask me. I mean, I’ve fought alongside him against villains, solved cases and so many things. Through all of that, a trust formed between us, and later something more.

So, I guess you could say the prospect of looking after Tailspin daunted me. Private is usually very hesitant to trust anypony with his little brother. It took me nearly a month to convince him to at least try out Sparkler.

But then the thought entered my mind, why was he suddenly giving him over to me? I mean sure Tailspin needed somepony to watch him while Private went to take Spike back to the forest to take Peewee home. But, I wonder why out of all the ponies he could’ve picked, he’d pick me. I mean, we do love each other and all, but Tailspin was something very precious to Private.

The colt rolled up to me, his saddlebag hanging on the back of his seat. “Okay, I’m ready to go.”

I looked at Tailspin’s bag horrified…

It was just an absolutely haphazard mess! How can Private even think of sending Tailspin off to school with such a messy bag? His papers were all messed up, pencils were sticking out of different places and I have no idea if that’s a ball or a rotten apple!

“Twilight, you okay?” Tailspin asked blinking his blue eyes.

I levitated over his backpack and opened it. “Tailspin, just…give me…five minutes…” I felt my eye twitch a little.

“Um…okay…” Tailspin said, looking at me a little nervously.

I began digging into his bag and started sorting. Let’s see, books there, writing utensils there, apple that’s trying to disguise itself as a ball to avoid the wrath of me? To the garbage. Picture of Scoota-Wha?!

I pulled out a small picture of Scootaloo smiling at the camera. Tailspin rolled over to me as fast as he could. His blue face was blushing as he took it from me. “That’s um, she just-”

“I see things have gotten serious now haven’t they?” I said with a smile, knowing full well of Tailspin’s relationship with the tangerine pegasus.

Tailspin blushed more and looked at the picture. “Yeah, she gave it to me after the dance. She said it was important that we always have something of each other…”

“Aww, that’s so sweet.” Darn it, Tailspin can be such a sweetheart sometimes. I guess it just runs in the Eye family to be unbelievably charming.

I finished packing Tailspin’s bag again, this time so it was organized to a tee. Tailspin took the bag in his hoofs. “Wow, it’s never been this light before.”

Probably because you share your brother’s habit of leaving clutter everywhere. I swear, if I have to clean up his desk one more ti-

I shook my head and refocused. “Come on, let’s get you to school.”

___________________________________________________________

The whole walk to school was very…interesting. I kept getting strange looks from passers-by. I swear I heard the flower trio giggle and whisper to themselves. What is going on with everypony? I’m just doing my coltfriend a favor by taking his little brother to school, it’s no big deal.

“Hey Tailspin!” I heard a voice call.

I looked up to see Tailspin and Private’s cousin Cross. The green unicorn ran up to Tailspin and smiled. “Good to see you!”

“Good to see you too cuz,” Tailspin said, hoofbumping with his cousin. “Rarity letting you off today?”

“Well not exactly...” The green colt rubbed the back of his head. “She actually asked me to walk with her to drop off…”

“Cross!” I looked up to see Sweetie Belle and Rarity walking over. Rarity’s chest had been bandaged since our battle with Shar’drel. Luckily she wasn’t too hurt and the doctor’s say she’ll recover within a week.

Right now though I was watching a rather cute scene unfold. Cross looked over at Sweetie Belle and the white filly gave him big green eyes. “I lost track of you, you just ran off and I got worried!”

“I’m sorry Belle,” Cross said guiltily. “I just saw Tailspin here and I wanted to talk with him.”

“Oh, that’s okay,” Sweetie said, a smile on her face. “Just so long as you walk me to school, kay?”

Cross then got this dopey look on his face that reminded me of Shining Armor whenever Cadence came over. I forced down a giggle as Cross went to walk off with Belle. Rarity then smiled happily as she trotted up beside me. “Oh those two are simply darling to one another. I’m so glad Private recommended dear Cross as my apprentice.”

I smiled in turn. “Cross definitely needed a place to stay.” We all began walking towards school, the colts and filly talking with one another. “Does Cross go to school with Tailspin?”

“No darling,” said Rarity shaking her head. “I privately tutor him when I’m at home. I tried to get him enrolled but it’s a little difficult so late in the school year. So I simply teach him what I can.”

“Once again your generosity shows itself,” I said with a warm smile. Sometimes Rarity just needed reassurance she was doing the right thing.

She smiled in turn and then her eyes turned mischievous. “So, it seems things are getting very serious Twilight.”

I raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

She rolled her eyes. “Darling I know you’re oblivious sometimes to social cues. But did you ever stop to think why Private wanted you specifically to look after Tailspin?”

“Because I’m his marefriend and he needed a favour?” I answered.

Rarity just gave me the look. The look that says: “I cannot believe she’s not picking up on this.” I get that a lot from her.

“Darling, do I really need to spell everything out for you again?” She said flatly.

I gave her my own look and said, “You know, I’m not totally helpless in relationships.”

“Think about it,” She said. “What is the one thing that Private does all of his cases for aside from helping out the common pony?”

“To...” I looked forward at the blue colt rolling alongside his cousin as we got closer to school. “To take care of Tailspin.”

“Exactly,” Rarity affirmed. “Private is very careful about who he trusts Tailspin with.”

“I know that,” I said, looking over at her. “So I’m looking after him because Private trusts me, so what?”

“It’s more than simple trust, darling,” Rarity explained. “Private may have given you Tailspin to…see how you would handle one…”

That’s Rarity, cryptic as ever. What does she mean if I can handle…

Wait…handle…one…?

Private’s testing whether or not I’d be handle Tailspin when asked?!

Oh my gosh! I had no idea! Private’s probably spending his whole time coming home worrying whether or not his brother is happy! What if Tailspin gives me a terrible review? What if Celestia finds out I can’t look after a colt! She’ll send me back to…

“Darling, before you have a traumatic flashback to magic kindergarten, we’re here.”

I blinked my eyes and looked up at the school building. I watched Sweetie Belle give Cross the cutest kiss goodbye. Cross got that dopey smile again and began walking off. Rarity giggled and whispered in my ear, “Just ponder what I said darling.”

With that she walked off to collect love-struck Cross. I really started to think about this. Just what would Private need to test me for? He knows I’m more than capable of looking after somepony. So why now of all times…

“Hey Twilight.”

I looked down as Tailspin rolled over to me, he looked a little concerned. “You okay?”

I gave a smile. “I’m fine Tailspin; just thinking about your brother is all.”

He laughed a little. “What else is new?”

“Tailspin...” I lowered my head to meet his eyes. “Do you think, your brother has a reason to have me watch over you today?”

The colt tilted his head and then shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe he just loves you enough to trust you with me.”

I blushed a little and then gave Tailspin a small hug. “You have a good day; I’ll pick you up after school okay?”

Tailspin hugged me back and said, “Sure, thanks for taking the time Twilight.”

“Anything for you and Private,” I said as I let him go. I watched the colt roll into school as other foals ran inside. I looked over at some parents and guardians looking at me. Several of them were whispering…

It didn’t matter! I was determined to see this through! I will do this Celestia as my witness!!

_________________________________________

Tally for me, dear sister!

So much for the maid outfit…

I’m glad we can put this little game behind us.

So now...let us see if you can fit into this…

Luna…put away that gift I got from Saddle Arabia…

But I’m sure Voidera would love to see you in it…

Luna…put it down…

Just hold still sister…I’m going to get a new niece or nephew soon…

LUNA!!!!!

____________________________________________________

Perspective: Private

I walked beside Spike as we began to make our return journey home. Spike looked at me. “You okay Private? You’ve been quiet for a while.”

“Just thinking about some things Voidera said.” I kept my eyes forward. “Something about things changing.”

“Don’t worry so much about it,” Spike assured. “Everything will be fine. I’m sure of it, especially with that ring.”

I felt Twilight’s ring in my pocket. Spike gave it to me, and to be honest it felt amazing. I finally had the means to marry Twilight. I couldn't believe it, after all this time of knowing this wonderful mare, I had the means to be with her forever.

“Spike,” I said looking over at the baby dragon. “Do you think I’d be a good husband to Twilight?”

Spike smiled at me. “Of course, after all you saved her and she saved you a lot. To top it off you both have a lot in common and care about each other. What more is there to it?”

“Quite a bit Spike,” I explained. “It’s not all happily ever after. There’s a lot to think about going into a marriage. Both parties have to be ready for it otherwise it’ll fall apart.”

“You’ve seen that happen before haven’t you?” Spike asked.

“Too many of my cases came about because of shoddy marriages,” I said kind of glumly. “I just wanna make sure everything goes right.”

“Gosh, I didn’t realize it was so much work,” Spike pondered, folding his claws together in thought.

“When you’re older there are a lot of responsibilities to worry about.” I smiled and nudged Spike. “But you still got some time before all of that.”

Spike smiled in turn. “I’m just glad you two are going to be together. But…Private, there’s something…”

“What’s up Spike?”

“Well, I figure you’re a stallion so you should be able to tell me…”

“Tell you what exactly?”

“….Where do foals come from?”

_________________________________________________________

Perspective: Twilight

Weird, I thought I heard somepony scream. I guess it must just be my imagination. I shrugged and continued to wait outside. School was going to be out in a couple of minutes and I hoped to catch Tailspin early. I was going to prove to Private I can be the best foal sitter ever! Second to Cadence of course.

I heard the bell rang and the doors opened. Foals came out like water through floodgates and ran to their parents or guardians. I kept my eyes out for Tailspin. I spotted the blue colt with Cross and Pipsqueak. Tailspin waved goodbye and rolled up to…

Oh Celestia…

“Hey Twilight!” Tailspin said excitedly, completely oblivious to what he did. “We gonna head back to the library?”

“Tailspin,” I said, trying to keep myself from going back to crazy Twilight. “Just how did you get so messy?!”

Tailspin was practically covered in dirt and his mane was messy and dishevelled. His tail which fell out of the seat was all tangled and messed up. I couldn’t see his wings but I imagined they were just as bad!

“Oh…” Tailspin looked himself over. “Cross, Pip and I were playing in the mud today. We came up with a fun game to slide down it. I’m guessing I didn’t wash it all off…”

Oh no…

____________________________________________________

Inside Twilight’s overactive imagination…

“YOU LET MY BROTHER GET DIRTY?!?!”

“I’m sorry Private! I didn’t mean it!”

“How can I trust you if you can’t even keep him clean and safe!”

“Please Private I’m so sorry!!”

“Why should I even have you as a marefriend when you can’t do this?!”

“But Private…”

“I’m going to tell Princess Celestia about this! Then we’ll see if she’ll keep you as a student for long!”

“Princess Celes-“

“Since you cannot even handle a simple task my former student. I’ll have to send you to a place where you’ll understand greatly how a foal should be treated. TO MAGIC KINDERGARTEN!!”

“NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!”

_________________________________________________________

Back in reality…

“It’s no big deal Twilight,” Tailspin said, smiling innocently. “I’ll just take a bath when I get home.”

I narrowed my eyes “Oh, you’re gonna take a bath alright. And I’m going to make sure you get clean!”

Before Tailspin could protest I pushed his chair with my magic towards the library. I’m not going to fail this! Private is counting on me!

______________________________________________________

I held Tailspin in my magic as I filled the tub with warm water. He flailed his forelegs and cried, “I’m fine Twilight! I can take a bath myself! I’m eleven years old! My birthday party was weeks ago!”

“That’s all well and good Tailspin,” I said dismissively. “But I’m just being thorough.”

Before Tailspin could say anymore I plopped him into the tub. He surfaced and breathed. I levitated over some shampoo and put them on my hooves. “Now to get into that mess of a mane”

I started rubbing Tailspin’s mane, being careful to get down deep where the worst of the dirt was. He squirmed a little and groaned “Twilight! I’m fine!”

“You’re just as stubborn as your brother” I commented as I took a sphere of water in my magic and dropped it on Tailspin to rinse. He parted his mane and smiled at me.

“Look Twilight it’s okay,” he said as he fixed his mane. “I can clean myself.”

“I know Tailspin.” I used my magic to lift his tail out of the water. I then applied some shampoo to it. “But Private has put me in charge of you. So I think it’ll be best if I help as much as I can.”

Tailspin just smiled as he stood on his front legs under the water. This allowed his lower half to move up and I could get at his tail better. I finished dealing with the tail and then gently set Tailspin back down into the water.

Not being able to use his hind legs was always trouble for Tailspin. But at least the water helped him move his lower half quicker. Tailspin dived his head underwater for a minute to get the remainder of the shampoo out of his mane.

“Hey Twilight, watch out!” He shook his mane and the water splashed on me.

“Quit it!” I laughed and tried to avoid getting wet. I was only partially successful. I rubbed the colt’s mane and splashed him a little.

We both laughed and I levitated over a brush and some coat wash. “I’ll let you handle the rest, if you need help just yell.”

“No problem Twilight.” Tailspin took the items in his hooves. Then I noticed, his wings, small and mangled from being born premature, were still unclean.

I trotted over to the bathroom shelves. I picked out a bottle of wing care shampoo that Rainbow left behind during a sleepover. If Tailspin was going to get clean, he may as well deal with all the parts of himself.

I levitated the bottle in my magic and walked over to the tub. Tailspin had just finished scrubbing his back with the brush and now was about to climb out. But he stopped when he saw me with the bottle. “I’m done Twilight, you can help me out.”

“Hold on Tailspin,” I said, walking over to Tailspin and turning him so his back was to me in the tub. “I just wanna clean up your wings.”

Suddenly Tailspin stiffened “No, wait.”

“It’s okay Tailspin, I’ve cleaned wings before.” I reassured “Rainbow taught me in case she needed help cleaning them.”

“No Twilight you can’t,” He started trying to move as I got the shampoo on my hoof. I don’t know what’s wrong with him. He was okay with a bath so why this? Well he’s not getting out of this without getting wings clean.

“That’s enough Tailspin!” I said firmly, trying to hold the colt still with my magic as I almost touched his wings…

“DON’T TOUCH THEM!!!” he yelled.

I was taken aback. I just stared at Tailspin, his blue eyes looked at me. I don’t know, he looked like I hurt him. Did I do something wrong? “Tailspin…”

“I’ll clean them myself,” Tailspin said, taking the shampoo from my magic. “I’ll be fine.”

I felt terrible, like somepony just punched me in the gut. But, I guess I punched myself this time. I should’ve listened.

I turned and said, “If you need help getting out, just yell.” I then walked out of the bathroom and downstairs. Great, just great, Tailspin hates me now.

_____________________________________________________

The sun was starting to set outside. I sat at my table in the library trying to read one of the books Celestia sent me. This one was from the Crystal Empire’s library, normally I’d be excited, but all it’s just a distraction to be honest.

I skimmed over the words, just barely reading them. What I did to Tailspin still haunted me in my mind. Private was going to hear what happened from his little brother. He was going to say how terrible I am. Then I’ll be lucky if Private will ever even speak to me again.

I didn’t want him disappointed in me. I hated it when anypony was disappointed with me. I try to do my best but, I guess in the end I can’t just sprout wings and fly over the problem.

“Twilight?”

I looked up to see Tailspin crawling over to me. I saw his mane and coat was dry. He must’ve done it by himself. He had a guilty expression in his blue eyes.

I sighed and said, “You could’ve asked and I would’ve helped you out of the tub”.

“I figured out a way to do it myself,” he explained. “Not very comfortable, but it gets me out.”

I went back to looking at the book and said, “Good, you didn’t need me messing it up.”

“Twilight...” He crawled over to me and I felt him put a foreleg on mine. “I’m sorry I reacted that way, I should’ve explained why.”

“I should’ve asked you if you wanted to do it yourself,” I said guiltily. “I’m a terrible pony for not thinking of your feelings like that.”

“Sometimes I think you’re too hard on yourself Twilight,” Tailspin said with a gentle smile, and then he looked down. “I’m really sorry”

I looked at the pegasus colt and asked, “Tailspin, does it hurt you when others touch your wings?”

“Not really,” Tailspin answered, tapping one of his wings. “I can’t feel the feathers and bones and stuff very well. But, the part where my wings connect to my back is very sensitive. I can feel when somepony is moving them or messing around with them.”

“That’s why you don’t like others touching your wings,” I concluded. Then I met Tailspin’s eyes with my own. “Again, I’m so sorry Tailspin. Next time I’ll ask you if it’s okay.”

Tailspin looked at me for a minute, and then hugged my foreleg. I looked at him in surprise. Then he apologized. “I’m sorry for making you feel bad Twilight. I didn’t mean it, please don’t feel sad.”

My expression softened and I rubbed the colt’s back with my other foreleg. “Hey, it’s okay,” I said comfortingly. I was getting some small flashbacks to when Spike was little. I was just happy to help Tailspin feel better.

Tailspin was a bit different. Aside from being a pegasus and not a dragon. Here was a colt that thought of only how I felt about getting lashed at. He didn’t come down here to rub it in my face what I did wrong. Instead, he wanted to tell me how sorry he was for making me feel bad.

No wonder why Private cares about him so much.

I laid down on my belly as Tailspin let go of my leg. Then, Tailspin crawled over, set himself down next to me and curled into my side. I looked down at the colt as he rested against me. Then his blue eyes looked up at me. “Twilight, does my brother make you happy?”

This was a bit out of the blue. But I decided to go with it and said, “Yes, your brother makes me feel like I can do anything. He’s sweet, brave and kind towards those he cares about. That’s why I love him so much.”

He smiled. “Good, because, Private’s always looking after me. I know it takes a lot out of him. I’m happy that somepony else is helping him. I know Private was right to pick you. You’re smart, sweet and very kind to everypony. I’d love to have you stay with Private…” He then set his head down on the floor, curling more into me. “Because, when you’re looking out for me like this…it makes me feel like…I have a mom…” He then closed his blue eyes and fell asleep next to me.

He, sees me as a mother figure? Wow, oh my gosh this is better than I could’ve hoped for! I gently nuzzled his head as he breathed steadily. I then sang softly, “Hush now, quiet now, it’s time to lay your sleepy head. Hush now, quiet now it’s time to go to bed...”

_________________________________________________________

Perspective: Private

We walked into Ponyville just as Luna’s moon was starting to rise in the night sky. Spike ended up riding on my back for the last few minutes. I was hoping to forget the awkward conversation we had about…

Well, you can figure it out.

After that I had Spike swear to never tell his mother/older sister figure. Neither of us wanted to tick off the super magical mare.

But, after that initial hurdle we started talking about other things. Mostly plans for my proposal. I was originally going to just ask Twilight as soon as I got back. But Spike went on about asking the Wonderbolts to write in the sky, Luna reconfiguring stars, and all sorts of ideas that I could potentially use if I decided to call in favors.

We passed Carousel Boutique and I saw Rarity standing there. She looked overjoyed at seeing us home and called out, “Oh Private! Thank goodness you both made it home safe!”

She trotted up to us and I replied, “Don’t worry, your prince made it safely milady.”

She giggled a little and looked at the sleeping dragon on my back. She gently nudged him with a hoof. Spike stirred in his sleep and blinked open his green eyes. “Rarity, am I dreaming again…?”

Rarity smiled and kissed Spike on the forehead. “Rest now my drake, you’ve had a long journey, time to sleep.”

Spike closed his eyes and Rarity used her magic to transfer him to her back. “I’ll look after Spikey Wikey for the night. You should go see Twilight.”

“I do need to check up on her and Tailspin,” I nodded. “I’ll just make sure she’s taken him to bed.”

“So how serious are things getting Private?” Rarity asked with a small smile. “I’m sure you asking her to watch your dear little brother is no coincidence…”

I hesitated and said, “I would tell you Rarity, but, I know how much you like gossip and I want Twilight to hear it for herself.”

“True darling,” Rarity said with a sigh. “Here I thought I’d have something interesting to tell Fluttershy at tomorrow’s appointment. Oh well, I wish you both well.”

“Thanks Rarity,” I said, and then turned around to walk towards the library. I opened the door slowly and saw an interesting sight.

Twilight was on the rug in the center of the room. Tailspin was asleep beside my marefriend curled into her. She was gently nuzzling Tailspin as he breathed rhythmically.

She then saw me and said softly so as not to arouse Tailspin, “Private! You’re home!”

I smiled and walked towards her. “Spike is staying at Rarity’s for the night.” I then nuzzled her. “It’s good to see you survived.”

She smiled and nodded firmly “I passed the test then?”

“Test?”

“You know, to see if I’m capable of watching Tailspin.” She gave me a look. “That is why you asked me to do it...right?”

I shook my head, bemused. “There wasn't a test Twilight, I was looking after Spike so I thought it would be fair for you to watch Tailspin.”

She dropped her jaw. “You mean, I panicked over nothing?!”

“Some things never change I guess.” I smiled and moved to sit next to Tailspin. “But, you did a good job here, he’s sound asleep.”

Twilight blushed and started gushing “Well I thought he hated me for trying to clean his wings without asking. Then he comes down and says how sorry he was for making me feel bad. Then he just plopped himself down here and said
something about me being like a mom. Then he just kept himself here so I had to move to a better spot for him. I wanted to move him again but I couldn’t just because HE’S SO FREAKING CUTE!!”

I laughed softly and lowered my head to nuzzle Tailspin. “Usually he doesn’t go to sleep so easily unless Sparkler or I help him. But, I’m glad to see he’s warmed up to you.”

Tailspin then stirred and blinked open his blue eyes. He yawned and drowsily said “Bro…?”

“It’s okay buddy,” I smiled and gently pushed his head down with my muzzle. “I came back, but you gotta go to sleep now.”

Tailspin smiled and closed his eyes. “Big Bro, Big Sis…forever…”

I looked at Twilight, she met my eyes. We both smiled and kissed one another over Tailspin. She then asked, “Should we put him to bed?”

“I think he’s fine right here for now.” I yawned. “‘Sides, I’m tired myself.”

“Look at us,” Twilight said. “Right beside one another, like a family.”

I could’ve proposed to her right there. But, I still needed to get everything else in order with my life. In between cases, dad, Tailspin and even being able to afford a wedding, I still had a bit to go. Twilight yawned and lowered her head down, obviously tired from the day. I set my head down and laid it next to hers. I was glad…to have her….

I closed my eyes and drifted into slumber….

___________________________________________________________

Izanami!

Oh hello Prometheus! It’s good to see you!

Check this out! I made this with my magic!

That’s great Prometheus! You’ll be a great sorcerer one day if you keep practicing!

I’ll never be as good as you though…

Don’t be like that; "Everypony has different talents for different things." At least that’s what mother always said.

Thanks Izanami, you’re the best.

I’m just happy to help my best friend.

Let’s always be together! Right beside one another through thick and thin!

Okay Promy, we’ll always be together, after all I did keep you safe during the cataclysm.

One day, I’m going to be big and strong and keep you safe!

Izanagi might have already beat you to that. But I’d be happy with the support.

Just watch, I’m going to be a great magic user and we’ll make the best of this new world!

You always were optimistic Promy. I hope you never lose that about you.

Izanami…

Yes Promy?

Let’s always be friends, let’s make a promise!

Sure, I Izanami no Kagayaki, promise to be your friend always.

I Prometheus tou Matioú, promise to always remain by your side!

I’ll hold you to that Promy, now come on, Adamus is hoping to show us something cool he invented. Something called an Apple Pie.

I’ll catch up!

See ya there Promy!

Izanami…Someday, I’ll make you proud of me…someday…I’ll show you…

Just how in love with you I am…

Author's Note:

This is an extended epilogue of Case 22, I wanted to put it all in one story, but it would've made the story far too long. Hope you enjoyed this!

Comments ( 15 )

YES! Side-Story!:pinkiehappy:

Twi! Quit writing these descriptions

oh my god, it's happening in the descriptions now:pinkiegasp:

dis gon b gud:raritystarry:

*post-reading*

excellent:moustache:

Nice to see the what happens while Spike and Private were gone and it is a cute story but I just kept laughing at Twilight's overeactions.

ok, something obviously happened to twi during Magic Kindergarden...something traumatic...

If Twilight never over reacted about something, then there is probably something wrong. Besides, I understand perfectly of why she would over react in this situation and she really didn't want to mess up that chance.

Another great side story! :pinkiehappy: I can't wait for the next case to come out so I can see what I can think of for it!

A most excellent side story and very cute too boot. I love it when Twilight freaks out like that -- though I think Private should inquire just what DID happen in Magic Kindergarten at some point, that'd make a great side story in and of itself. Keep up the great work!

nice side story you got here. excellently done. though, besides the fact that twilight still over-reacts to things sometimes and that tailspin sees her as a mother figure, something really caught my attention.

the very last part of the story. more importantly, the fact that it is in green. taking that fact and the fact that sombra's voice in the past and in current are both green and that private's more "evil" thoughts and when he says them out loud are also green. interesting really. here i thought that that "evil" seed of tenacity was rooted and placed because of sombra, but now it doesn't seem like it. looks like prometheus might have been the pony to have actually have seeded it instead. really curious, really. now i really can't wait to see what might be prometheus's/leonard's master plan.

2668465i'd love to read that myself, but, as a personal preference and opinion, wouldn't what happened to her in magical kindergarten be better with the actual canon version instead of a fanon version? though, i'd still read a side story if jacoboy makes it.

“Darling, before you have a traumatic flashback to magic kindergarten, we’re here.”

Crisis averted.

“….Where do foals come from?”

Ah... good luck with that, Private.

“You mean, I panicked over nothing?!”

It's kinda your thing. :twilightblush:

“Big Bro, Big Sis…forever…”

BBBSF!

Great storie cant wait for the next storie. :eeyup::twilightsmile::yay:

pinkie says:Typical twilight
:pinkiesmile:

hey pretty good I liked it this will be a very good story, I hope you make many more chapters and never give up, also, check out my story "A friend to the end" if you ever get a chance, and if you do please review and let me know how it is, and also please favorite If you liked it tell me what you thought, and again, good story.

Aw, all the feels... :eeyup:

"....Where do Foals come from?" :rainbowderp:
Whelp we're never telling Twilight we had this conversation like EVER!

Login or register to comment