• Published 28th May 2013
  • 2,062 Views, 92 Comments

Luna's Lessons - Rhonie8k



Luna has returned after 1000 years of banishment but in a foalish state. To prevent her from being ruined by the nobles and to learn about her new world, Celesitia sends her sister to Ponyville.

  • ...
1
 92
 2,062

Epilogue Celestia Plots Revenge

Author's Note:

Okay so as I was falling asleep last night I had a silly idea for an epilogue and well here we are.

Quick Warning though this chapter does contain a brief scene of somewhat graphic video game violence but I don't think that it deserves to change the rating of the story. It makes sense with the theme and tone of this story. I did place it in spoilers though so it can be easily avoided for those who don't want that level of imagery

Deep in the dungeons of Canterlot Castle, the sounds of pained wails and electronic beepings echoed off the walls.

"DIE DIE DIE DIE." A mares voice boomed through the halls.

"FINISH HER" A strange glowing box screamed out.

On the game's screen, a changeling stepped clumsily forward and kicked a dazed earth mare with her blonde mane in a braid and wearing tactical armor, nearly missing.

"Khangeling wins" The game called out.

"Pitiful fool that's what you get for challenging me." Princess Celestia squealed with delight. "Dear sister you may have bested me in that silly little prank war, but come the Canterlot Clash I shall have my revenge. I will best you at your favorite game and then it will be you who calls me best princess." She mumbled to herself as she shooed the royal guard next to her away. "NEXT VICTIM!" She boomed with her royal Canterlot voice as a mare pegasus guard took the loser's place.

"Begin Fight!" The game was called after both players selected the same two fighters from the previous match.

On the screen, the the the braided mare quickly advanced on the changeling and did a summersault kick launching her into the air before pulling out a spear and stabbing the changeling just before she hit the ground sending her back into the air. The spear jabbed out again each time the changeling was about to hit the ground until all of her health had been depleted.

"Finish Her!" The game cried. The braided mare stepped back did a few random steps forward and backward before finally launching four spears one at each of the changeling's feet as if to pin her to the ground before performing another summersault kick knocking the changeling's head off and finally throwing a final spear at the head pinning it to the wall on the side of the screen. "Fatality Sonya Spear Wins. Flawless Victory"

"What unholy magic is this?" Princess Celestia demanded after having watched the scene unfold horror in her eyes.

"This game has some pretty graphic finishers." The gaurd replied casually.

"I already know that. I meant was sorcery did you use to defeat me so easily?" Celestia eyed the guard callously.

"You're honestly not very good." The mare responded flatly. "I think everypony else was just letting you win. Although a few of them, the ones where they came close to beating you were also just really bad as well."

"Everypony was letting me win," Celestia said in disbelief. She looked utterly defeated.

"Pretty sure," Came the other mare's response. "I get it though nopony wants to be the one to beat their boss and the ruler of all Equestria at a video game. I thought about throwing myself till I heard what you said about the Canterlot Clash. I suppose some challengers at the tournament might throw as well, but if you did end up facing Princess Luna she would have crushed you easily. I mean I only used the most basic of stun locks and you didn't even touch me." The mare trailed off noticing the princess's grim expression.

Silence hung in the air. Nopony even wanted to be heard breathing as the other guards watched their colleague revealing the circumstance of their situation.

After a long moment, Princess Celestia regained a semblance of composure as she turned to the other guards.

"You are all dismissed. Return to your regular posts." Celestia stated flatly. The group hurriedly gathered their things and set off for their sentry positions. As the pegasus next to her moved to leave as well Celestia reached out a hoof and stopped her. "Not you Silver Wings. For the foreseeable future, you will be my new gaming coach. It appears you're the only pony I can trust right now."

"Okay with me," The pegasus shrugged and repositioned herself to go another round. Playing games with the princess sure beat standing guard and replacing broken statues.

"So while it's clear now I am not yet talented at this game, it is also apparent that you are still quite skilled. May I ask what possessed you to seek mastery of this game?" Celestia asked as a new match began, she split her focus between watching how her new companioned worked the controls and failing helplessly to avoid another of the what the mare had called a stun lock.

"That's easy. I have a sister I hate to lose to as well." Silver Wings said as she input another combo for a finisher against the already dazed changing. This time the braided mare slammed a spear into the empty ground between them and began a one-hoofed hoofstand on the new protrusion before confetti and balloons appeared.

"Friendship Sonya Spear wins Flawless Victory."

Comments ( 15 )

11206345
Only Tia's infernal morning sun beams can usually wake Luna after an extended gaming session.

Gotta start somewhere.

11207394
Some princesses posses a degree of natural talent Tia does not.

what the heck?

11207459
I'm going to need you be more specific to know how to respond

11213040
but didn't Luna become Nightmare Moon in the first place because Celestia didn't have time for her? :)

11213044
I thought it was jealousy that ponies enjoyed daytime more than night time. It has been a while though. They do make time for each other in there busy schedules as the plot moves along if your not that far yet.

Sorry for ruining your perfect 100 upvotes, but I just had to add one more.

Silliness aside, if you do decide to revisit this, I agree, side stories or sequels would be best. That said, I would love it if you went back and fixed the two most glaring 'errors' in this. The unresolved (unless I missed something) BonBon story, it just sorta dropped. Also I think Nightmare Night could've been better handled, you sorta suggested something without actually showing it. It's not like the canon did a great job of introducing her to it, so you have the oppurtunity to make it better.

Despite those issues, I think you did a great job, and notably those issues are at the tail end of the story where you said you were losing interest, so they're quite understandable.

11214177 Wow I broke a hundred likes neat. So I actually have really decent answers for both of those issues. First the Nightmare Night back in 2013 when i first started writing this I tried to update frequently which lead to a little bit of burnout and I never had an actual ending in mind and I got stuck so i didn't update for 3 and a half months. It was Halloween and I just had the idea that i should do a brief passing on Nightmare Night since 'Tis the season. Ultimately i couldn't think of a grand adventure for the night and just settled with Luna learning the origins and again getting irked at Tia. While its simple and could have been further explored it did ultimately inspire the idea for the little prank war so I can't fault it myself.

As for Bon Bon that's left unresolved because this isn't her story she's just a background pony after all. She has her own stories though if you haven't read them where you can see and enjoy the full depths of her crazy. Her current misadventures will follow up more or less where she was left off in this story but its a new project and I'm not trying to force it so I don't burn out. [Funnily enough Bon Bon is the mane character of both stories I'm currently working on but only one of those is this universe's Bon Bon]

I Love you Lyra First story the first chapter takes place before Luna's Lessons the second chapter is a lead up to the chapter where she tries to rune the Baltimare trip.

Bon Bon's Discord This one picks up with Bon Bon as she focuses on her new obsession and the struggles of a new roommate she didn't ask for. [It is on going and I haven't mapped out much of the story yet but it will explore the question of how would "that pony" handle Bon Bon's attention.

Art

Прочитал на одном дыхании, жду продолжения и мести)

11214412
I used some online translators to read your comment so I hope they were correct but it seems you liked the story so thank you. I also think you mentioned a sequel while I don't have anything specific planned it is a possibility.

Я использовал несколько онлайн-переводчиков, чтобы прочитать ваш комментарий, поэтому я надеюсь, что они были правильными, но, похоже, вам понравилась история, так что спасибо. Я также думаю, что вы упомянули продолжение, хотя у меня нет ничего конкретного запланированного, это возможно.

I ran my reply though the translator hope its correct.

11214278

Actually it looks like my mistake was somehow overlooking BonBon's infatuation with Fluttershy, for some reason I missed that, and thought that the last we saw of BonBon, she was planning to use the squirrel, and then nothing. Whoops, my apologies on that, you did wrap the thread in that chapter.

For Nightmare Night, considering that she found out a few days early, you could've had her visit Twilight for an explanation, and depending on how Twilight handled it, things could go well or very poorly, though I vote for well, get your candy from the haunted arcade anyone?

11214673
Ah okay that makes more sense if you missed the Fluttershy scene I can understand how it would be much more unresolved. I was pretty sure unless something got lost when i cleaned the early chapters up while editing that her story here was complete.

I cant deny more could have been done with NIghtmare Night but again knowing where i was at motivation wise then and what it ultimately paved they way for I cant really fault it for being too short or rather eventless.

So you do have me thinking though. Not about how Luna might have spent Nightmare Night or her journey for more information on the holiday but how Bon Bon felt watching the scene unfold because we know she was there hidden in the decorations stalking Fluttershy.

A very fun story.

11732310
Very glad you liked it

Login or register to comment