• Published 2nd May 2013
  • 8,373 Views, 248 Comments

Sonic X: Friendship is Universal - JPtheRobotHedgehog



Two speeders and their friends, new human friends, a new dimension, one epic adventure!

  • ...
24
 248
 8,373

Chase after the Hero Sonic!

A week after the Attack on Eggman and Steam’s base…

At the Presidential House, the President sighed bored, as he signed some paperwork when his assistant, Jeremy Wise, came in with the newspaper.

“Dr. Eggman’s Base, destroyed by G.U.N.” Jeremy read the headline, “Isn’t this great President-san? This will surely guarantee your position for your upcoming reelection campaign!”

“I’m not too sure about that Jeremy…” the President sighed.

“Huh?” Jeremy looked confused.

“In the battle against Eggman, the true heroes were none other than Sonic and Rainbow Dash.” The President said.

“HUH!?” Jeremy was flabbergasted at this.

He looked at the newspapers again and much to his shock and horror, every headline that came after the G.U.N. destroying Eggman’s base, were all kinds of articles talking about how Sonic, Rainbow Dash and their friends saved not only Station Square, but the whole world from the evil genius’ tyranny.

“SONIC!? RAINBOW DASH!?” Jeremy was even more flabbergasted.

He then turned the TV on, and every news channel was all about Sonic and Rainbow Dash.

“SONIC!? RAINBOW DASH!? SONIC!? RAINBOW DASH!? SONIC!?!? RAINBOW DASH!?!?” Jeremy was going insane. “SONICRAINBOWDASHSONICRAINBOWDASHSONICRAINBOWDASHSONICRAINBOWDASHSONICRAINBOWDASHSONICRAINBOWDASHSOCNICRAINBOWDASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! THOSE TWO ARE EVERYWHERE!?!? Wait a minute…does this mean…!? DOES THIS MEAN THOSE TWO MIGHT BECAME THE NEXT PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED FEDERATION!?!?!?!?”

The President flabbergasted and then facepalmed at his assistant’s absurd question, “What the hell are you going on about Jeremy? Don’t be ridiculous.”

A sweat drop rolled down the side of his head

Jeremy slammed his hands on the desk, “This is NO JOKE President-san! If those two become the new Presidents…!”

“Jeremy, please try and stay calm.” The President tried to calm his assistant down, “Don’t take this situation too seriously.”

Jeremy calmed down a little, but remained worried, “This is troublesome…” Then suddenly he came up with an idea, “That’s it!”

A light bulb appeared above his head

“Huh?” The President looked confused.

“President-san, you will host the “Destruction of Eggman’s Base Celebration Charity Party”! Jeremy said with glee.

“The Destruction of Eggman’s Base Celebration Charity Party?” The President only looked more confused.

“That’s right President-san!” Jeremy explained his plan, “We’ll invite Sonic, Rainbow Dash and all their friends over to the party and then, you’ll shake hands, or hooves in Rainbow Dash’s case, with both! Then the next day, both TV news shows and newspapers will be filled with stories about you, Sonic and Rainbow Dash! Your popularity will skyrocket, and you’ll be reelected President in the next election!”

Jeremy began chuckling and rubbing his hands together, “Yes! It’s the PERFECT plan! I’ll send the invitations to Sonic and Rainbow Dash right now to attend the Destruction of Eggman’s Base Celebration Charity Party!”

“Jeremy, WAIT!” The President called Jeremy out, but he already left to start preparation without his consent. He slumped down on his desk sighing deeply.


SONIC X: FRIENDSHIP IS UNIVERSAL

Episode 23:

Chase after the Hero Sonic!


The next day, at the Thondyke Mansion…

“Ready, set, GO!” Sonic and Rainbow Dash took off on yet another race as they zoomed out the front door and jumped/flew over the main gate and headed off into the unknown.

“Wait Sonic! Rainbow Dash! You’ve both got letters!” Chris called them out, but they were already too far away to hear him.

“Dash-chan and Sonic-san got letters? Who are they from?” Kat asked him.

“Let me check…” Chris checked the letters and gasped in surprise, “What!? They are from the President!?”

“What!? The President!?” Kat gasped in surprise.

Soon…

The whole gang gathered in the living room as Chuck opened the letters and read them, “The Destruction of Eggman’s Base Celebration Charity Party? Are these invitations for a party?”

“Yeah, both letters are addressed to Sonic and Rainbow Dash, but the rest of us are also invited!” Kat added.

“Great! Rarity! Time to bring out the new tuxedos and dresses you and Amy have been working on!” Chuck said.

“ALRIGHT!” Most of the gang rejoiced, while some remained quiet but smiled with delight.

“Finally! A chance to show this world my brand of fashion with Amy-dono’s assistance!” Rarity said with excitement, “It will be FABULOUS!”

“Usually, I’m the one who plans the parties, but I’m more than happy to get invited to a party planned by another!” Pinkie Pie said, “Let’s see if it lives up to my expectations!”

“I just hope it won’t be a repeat of the Great Galloping Gala.” Applejack said.

“If this is going to be an extravagant party, it’s gotta have all kinds of extravagant meals!” Amy said as she began to fantasize about all the delicious, mouth-watering dishes they would serve.

“Amy, you’re drooling.” Tails laughed sheepishly.

A sweat drop rolled down the side of his head

“A party at the President’s place? Sounds fancy.” Czar said.

“Indeed, this may be as good as any opportunity to meet the ruler of this land in person.” Celestia said.

“Sister, are you planning on forming a friendship with the President?” Luna asked.

“Of course, it would be best to have the ruler from this world as both a friend and an ally for as long as we remain here, wouldn’t you agree?” Celestia asked.

“Well, you got me there but…” Luna said.

“Not to worry, if he decides to stab us in the back, we’ll pay him back tenfold!” Czar said.

“We’ll do no such thing! But we will fight back if he decides to betray us.” Celestia said, “But I don’t think it will come to that.”

“I hope not.” Luna said.

Suddenly the door opened, revealing Sonic and Rainbow Dash, both back from their race.

“We’re back!” They both shouted as they came into the living room.

“Sonic! Rainbow! Right on time!” Chris said.

“Guess what! You’ve been invited to a big party by the President! Do you know what that means?” Kat asked them.

“A party?” Sonic asked.

“The President? Whoa, whoa, whoa! Are you saying…?” Rainbow asked.

“Yes! It means you’ve been recognized as heroes by the ruler of this land!” Kat said, “Isn’t it awesome?”

“OH YEAH!” Rainbow shouted cheerfully, “About time this world recognized our awesomeness! But what the rest of you guys?”

“Not to worry! According to the invitations, the rest of us were invited too!” Chris said.

“Now that’s what I’m talking about!” Rainbow said.

“Question: when’s the party taking place?” Sonic asked.

“On the day after tomorrow.” Chris answered.

“Then I’ll pass.” Sonic said.

“HUH!?” Everyone reacted in shock and surprise.

“But why Sonic?” Chris asked.

“Because I’ve made a Pinkie Promise with Helen.” Sonic said.

“Pinkie Promise?!” Pinkie reacted in surprise.

“Helen?” Chris looked confused, but then it hit him, “Wait! You mean THAT Helen?”

“Yeah, your classmate Chris.” Sonic said.

“When exactly did you two meet and made plans?” Kat asked.

“About a week ago, on the day we started working on the Animal Friends’ new home.” Sonic answered, “I was out searching for materials when I ran into her. She had her wheelchair stuck, so I helped her out. We talked for a bit, she said she wanted to visit this island in the middle of the lake to see some white flowers, but her parents are too busy to take her there, so I made a Pinkie Promise to take her there myself next week and yeah, that’s pretty much the whole story.”

“Wait, you’ve already made plans with someone, and you didn’t say a word?” Rainbow asked.

“I saw no reason to bring it up until Chris and Kat mentioned the party.” Sonic said, then he suddenly realized something, “Oh crap, I can’t waste any more time!”

Sonic rushed to Chuck, “Chuck! I need a rowboat and a pair of lifejackets please!”

“Check the storage room in back of the mansion.” Chuck said while still looking at the invitation.

“Okay, thanks!” Sonic said before he dashed out of the living room.

Chris and Kat looked dumbfounded.

“Well, sucks Sonic can’t join us, but I guess a Pinkie Promise IS a good excuse to miss out on a party.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Of course, it is silly!” Pinkie giggle, “After all…” suddenly her head grows huge, grows a pair of demon horns and her eyes are on fire, “…NO ONE BREAKS A PINKIE PROMISE OR ELSE!!!” she suddenly shouted with a demonic sounding tone.

Everyone backed away from Pinkie Pie in fear, as her huge demon head reverted to normal.

“Anyway, time to get ready for that party! YAY!” Pinkie hopped away.

“Scary…” Chris and Kat whispered. The others nodded in agreement.

“By the way, what about the royal pony couple, the Apple family and Zecora?” LT asked.

“They agreed to stay to help the Animal Friends adjust to their new home for a few days, including on the day of the party. I don’t think they’ll be able to go.” Twilight said, “It’s a shame, but…”

“This story already has too many characters as is and the author can’t keep track of them all.” Pinkie suddenly popped in to break the fourth wall before leaving again.

Everyone just stared at where Pinkie was with black stares.

Sweat drops rolled down on the sides of their heads, one on each

“I was actually going to say that maybe it’s better if only some of us go to the party while the others stay in the mansion either helping Ella and Tanaka, or the Animal Friends.” Twilight said.

“Don’t worry Twilight, I’m sure the author and the readers knew that already.” Kat said.

“What?” Twilight asked in confusion.

“What?” Kat asked back.

“Oh boy…” Chris shook his head and facepalmed.

The day after tomorrow…

At the Presidential House, Jeremy watched with glee as the main hall was all decorated and set up for the charity party, complete with fireworks, the guests all gathered around the tables, chatting and enjoying the appetizers, security guards watching over the place, keeping an eye out for troublemakers, and of course the press was there too.

“Excellent, everything is set! All that is left is getting Sonic and Rainbow Dash to shake hands and hooves with the President! I’ll make sure the press gets the whole thing on camera along with some nice pictures!” Jeremy said, rubbing his hands together with excitement.

“Sir! Our guests of honor have arrived!” a guard told him.

“What! Quick, get the press, hurry!” Jeremy ordered.

A moment later…

Jeremy, the guards and the press all gathered outside as the Thorndyke Limousine arrived. Once the limo came to a full stop, one of the bodyguards came and opened the door for our heroes. One by one, the heroes came out, all of them wearing their new dresses and tuxedos that Rarity and Amy have been working on for the past weeks since they started living with the Thorndykes.

First came Amy, who wore a long, beautiful rose red dress, with white sleeves and a rose shaped corsage around her waist and rose red slippers.

Next up was Rarity, who wore a beautiful purple dress with long white sleeves, white fluffy cufflinks and collar decorated with amethysts and purple slippers.

Then Rainbow Dash, who wore a beautiful (and awesome) light blue dress with a rainbow-colored long skirt, white long sleeves, golden bracelets decorated with lightning bolt shaped rubies, a crown made of grapes (they are fake), and light blue slippers.

Cream wore a cute magenta dress with daisy shaped corsage on each strap and magenta slippers. Cheese wore a tuxedo white a white shirt, black coat and pink bowtie.

Tails wore a tuxedo consisting of a white shirt, black coat and a yellow bowtie.

Twilight wore a lavender dress, dark blue slippers, black tulip shaped corsage around her forehooves and pink star-shaped gemstone hair clip on her mane. Spike wore a tuxedo with a white shirt, dark purple coat and a lime green bowtie.

Applejack wore an orange dress with a white fluffy belt decorated with orange apple-shaped gemstones, golden bracelets and orange slippers. She was still wearing her Stetson hat, naturally.

LT wore a tuxedo with a dark blue coat, white shirt and blue bowtie. Hawkeem wore a tuxedo with a dark brown coat, white shirt and dark brown bowtie.

Fluttershy wore a light green dress decorated with bows, cufflinks with pink butterfly-shaped jewels, light green slippers and a butterfly shaped pink gemstone hair clip on her mane. Angel Bunny wore a white collar with a black bowtie.

Pinkie Pie wore a hot pink dress, light blue, fluffy collar and cufflinks decorated with balloon-shaped sapphires, a small top hat with a light blue corsage and hot pink slippers.

Derpy wore a black dress with a white collar, long white sleeves, black slippers and a small muffin-shaped hat.

Chris wore a tuxedo consisting of a white shirt, yellow bowtie, blue coat, pants and slip-on shoes. Kat wore a yellow dress with a pink sash tied into a big bow on the side, long white sleeves, pink slippers and a pearl necklace around her neck. Chuck wore a tuxedo consisting of a white shirt, black coat, pants and slip-on shoes.

The CMC wore matching white dresses along with their capes with their group’s logo on it.

Celestia and Luna wore a pink and a dark blue dress respectively with corsages around the waist. Czar wore a black tuxedo under his royal cloak.

The press looked in awe as they flashed their cameras, snapping photos as the heroes gathered in one big group after getting out of the limo.

Jeremy pushed through the press to greet our heroes, “Welcome to the Presidential House! So happy to see you decided to accept the invitations Rainbow Dash and…huh?”

“Hmm?” The gang look confused at Jeremy’s own confusion.

“Uh, is it just Rainbow Dash with you? Where is Sonic?” Jeremy asked them.

“He’s not coming.” Chuck answered him.

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!” Jeremy screamed in shock and horror.

“Anyway, onward everyone! It’s time to PAR-TAY!” Chuck shouted.

“YEAAAAH!” The Sonic Heroes and the Mane Party all charged into the building with Chuck leading them, except Hawkeem, Celestia, Luna and Czar who just silently followed them.

“Sonic’s not coming? Lame!” One press member said.

“What a waste of our time.” Another press member said.

“We were supposed to have both Rainbow Dash AND Sonic shake hands with the President, not just one of them.” Another one said.

“Well, time to pack things up and look for another story to cover.”

“We got better things to do.”

Jeremy gasped in panic when he noticed the press leaving, “WAIT! WAIT!” he was quick to get ahead and stop them from leaving, “Please don’t go! Sonic WILL come! I assure you! MEN!”

“Yes?” The guards asked.

“Go to the Thorndyke Mansion and bring Sonic here, NOW!” Jeremy ordered.

“Sir, yes sir!” The guards obeyed.

Later…

Back at the Thorndyke Mansion, Ella was busy cleaning the main hall with her vacuum cleaner, when suddenly, the guards from the party barged their way in through the front door, surprising her.

“What is the meaning of this? Who are you people?” Ella asked.

“We are from the government, and we are here to bring Sonic over to Presidential House.” The leading agent said.

“You barged in here, without even knocking or ringing the doorbell, acting like big shots, just to get Sonic?” Ella asked in annoyance, “How bothersome! Well too bad, but he’s not home, so could you please leave?”

“Don’t play dumb with us! We KNOW Sonic is here now give him to us!” The Leading agent demanded.

“Why would I play dumb about this? I’ve told you Sonic ISN’T home! He’s hanging out with his friend! Now please leave or I’m going to have to use force!” Ella threatened them.

“You think you can defy the government lady!?” The Leading Agent snapped in anger at her threat, “Men! Just ignore her and search the entire mansion for Sonic! Leave no stone unturned!”

“TANAKA!” Ella called at the top of her lungs.

Tanaka showed up immediately as he came in through the double doors and stood in the agents’ way.

“You bastard! You DARE interfere with government business!?” The Leading Agent growled in anger.

“Interfere? I’m simply ridding the mansion of rude intruders!” Tanaka said while getting into his fighting stance.

The Leading Agent snapped as he shouted, “Men! Let’s knock this bastard out!”

The agents and Tanaka charged at each other with a battle cry. The agents underestimated Tanaka however as he was a master in eight different styles of martial arts, as the butler of the Thorndyke family easily dispatches the agents, throwing them out of the house like drunks at a bar.

“You’ll pay for this!” The Leading Agent threatened in vain while he and his fellow agents ran away in fear.

“Excuse me.” Tanaka claps his hands together and bows before taking his leave.

“Hmph, serves them right.” Ella said.

Meanwhile…

The Sonic Heroes and Mane Party were all enjoying the party at the Presidential House as they gathered at the table and enjoyed the delicious dishes at the table. There were even dishes that were more fitting for the ponies of Equestria, how considerate. Pinkie, however, believed that this party could use a bit more “fun” and “wild”, but Twilight insisted on staying put and just enjoying the party for what it is for now. Pinkie reluctantly obeyed.

Meanwhile, Jeremy was on the phone with his agents, “What? He’s not home!?” he asked, “And you’re sure they weren’t just playing dumb? No?”

“Looks like things aren’t going exactly as planned, huh Jeremy?” The President asked.

“I assure you; everything is going EXACTLY as planned! I’ll make sure of that!” Jeremy insisted before turning his attention back on the phone, “Get G.U.N. on the line!”

A few seconds later…

“Sir! This is an emergency! Mobilize all troops!” Jeremy ordered, “And if you don’t have enough men, then I’ll contact the Intelligence Department and the Office of Science and Technology! Your orders: capture Sonic! Capture him, no matter the cost!”

And just as ordered, G.U.N. mobilized their troops, from the land, sea, air and even from space with their surveillance satellites. Even though some people were eager to capture Sonic, others thought these orders were absurd, but decided not to argue and just follow them.

“Systems all green! We have an image! We will begin the search now!” A member of the Intelligence department said.

“Listen up troops!” The G.U.N. Sargent spoke up, “Our target is none other than Sonic! A tall, bipedal blue hedgehog who can run at way over 1234.8 kilometers per hour! Stay alert everyone!”

“Roger!” his men responded.

Satellite footage showed different parts of Station Square and other areas surrounding it, until one of them showed a blue streak speed by for only a second.

“Sargent! We’ve confirmed his location!”

“Where?”

“In the S-13 district!”

“Roger!” the Sargent switched to the air force channel on his communicator, “Air force, come in! He’s at the S-13 district!”

“Roger!” an air force member said.

“Sargent! He is currently moving up north at about 643.7376 kilometers per hour.”

“Follow him and don’t you dare lose sight of him, you hear me?”

“Too late. He’s already gone.”

The G.U.N. Sargent fell over anime style before getting back up and yelled, “You idiots! Find him no matter what or you’ll get more than just a pay cut!”

“Sir, yes sir!”

Meanwhile…

Sonic went to Helen’s house to pick her up and then take her to the lake as he pushed her on her wheelchair at his incredible speed. Along the way, Sonic and Helen noticed the air force flying through the skies as if they were searching for someone, as they arrived at the lake.

“Those guys are making a lot of noise today…” Sonic commented about the air force, then he looked at Helen, “Stay here, I’ll go get the boat.”

Helen reacted in surprise as Sonic zoomed off as the resulting tailwind blew past her hair.

At the Presidential House…

The party was still ongoing as our heroes finished their lunch. Celestia, Luna and Czar took this opportunity to talk and introduce themselves to the President. Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie asks if it’s okay to use her Party Cannon and liven the party up, but Twilight told her to hold it off for now as they take this opportunity to meet the President.

Meanwhile, Jeremy was doing the best he could to keep the press entertained as he served them drinks.

“Is Sonic still not here?” one press member asked in a drunken tone.

“I wanna go home…HIC!” Another one said as he got the drunken hiccups.

“H-Here! Have some champagne!” Jeremy laughed nervously as he served them more drinks, “Hey! Bring another round of hors d’oeuvres!” he called to the servants.

“Yes sir!” the servant said.

Dammit! What the hell is taking those G.U.N. idiots so long?” Jeremy wondered why G.U.N. hadn’t captured Sonic yet, in his thoughts.

Meanwhile…

Sonic returned to the Thorndyke Mansion to pick up the boat. However, he failed to notice the Intelligence Department van parked just outside the wall.

“Target confirmed!” one agent said.

They looked at the footage and through the thermos vision footage, they saw Sonic talking to Ella.

“It’s Sonic!” the other agent said as he pulled out his communicator, “Attention! We’ve located Sonic! He’s at the Thorndyke residence!”

“Roger! We’ll send the chopper unit over!”

Soon, the helicopters squad showed up at the mansion. One of them spotted Sonic leaving the mansion carrying a rowboat over his head.

“There he is! Hit him with the tear gas!” the pilot said.

“Roger!” his co-pilot said as he loaded a tear gas grenade into his grenade launcher. He aimed at Sonic and fired the grenade at him.

Sonic, however, heard the shot and noticed the grenade coming at him. Without wasting any time, he jumped toward the grenade and kicked it, sending it right back at the co-pilot who shot it.

“AAAAAARGH!” The two pilots cried and coughed violently as the tear gas grenade filled the helicopter with its contents, giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Sonic zoomed off while carrying the rowboat. The Intelligence agents facepalmed at this, “We failed. Sonic is headed back up north.” One of them reported.

Sonic ran down the highway with rowboat in tow, but then he noticed police cars and helicopter squad right on his tail.

“What’s going on?” the speedy hero wondered as he increased his speed and jumped off the highway bridge as he continued towards the lake.

“See? I’ve told you there was no way we could catch up to him.” One of the officers said.

“We’re just no match for the blue guy.” Another one said.

The helicopters continued going after Sonic as one of the co-pilots reported to the Sargent.

“What? He’s gone off road? Where is he headed to? The lake? Listen! Do not lose sight of him! Capture him at all costs!” The G.U.N. Sargent ordered.

“Roger!”

Meanwhile…

Helen was watching the island in the middle of the lake until Sonic showed up with the boat.

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” Sonic said, “Let’s go!”

“Okay!” Helen said.

Back at the Presidential House…

“Where the hell is Sonic!?” a press member demanded.

“Yeah! What’s taking so long!?” another member demanded.

“The sun’s already setting!” one member complained.

“Hey guys!” Jeremy showed up with a big bottle of wine, “Here! I would like you all to have a taste of 1969’s Chateau Latour! Please, have a drink before you all go.”

Jeremy served them the brand-name wine, convincing them to stay even longer.

Back with Sonic and Helen…

Sonic placed the rowboat on the lake, helped Helen get on the boat along with her wheelchair, and both put on their lifejackets. Sonic rowed the boat towards the island.

“It’s getting late.” Sonic noticed the sun setting.

“I’m so excited! I wonder what kind of flowers they might be?” Helen smiled with anticipation, but then frowned in disappointment as she sighed, “I wish Papa could come with me too, but knowing him…he’s probably hard at work.”

Meanwhile, Helen’s Father was working hard at his job at the convenience store, organizing the products when his boss walked up to him.

“Douglas-kun, about your shift next week…do you want me to hire a part-time assistant? With the way things are going, wouldn’t it be better to…”

“It’s okay! I can work the night shift too!” Helen’s Father, named Douglas, said to his boss.

“Oh, I see. Of course.” The boss said.

“I need the money to help my daughter after all.” Douglas said.

Back with Helen, she sighed deeply as she wished her father was here right now.

“We’re almost there! Hang tight!” Sonic said as they were getting closer to the island.

Suddenly, they are interrupted by the sudden wind and the sound of helicopter blades. Sonic and Helen looked up and saw the helicopters.

“These guys again?” Sonic asked annoyed.

“What’s going on?” Helen asked in confusion.

The wind suddenly becomes stronger as one of the helicopters descended towards them, forcing Sonic and Helen to shield themselves.

“What are you doing? Don’t come any closer!” Sonic shouted at them.

Sonic X: Friendship is Universal Card #63

Name: Helen

Age: 11

Gender: Female

Species: Human

Likes: Family, Friends, Sonic, Rainbow Dash, Chris, Kat, Flowers, Nature, Adventures, catching lizards, snakes and bugs

Dislikes: Dr. Eggman, Steam, Evil, Violence, Loneliness, being unable to walk, her parents not being able to spend time with her, people ruining nature

Abilities: Science, Biology, Machinery, Programming

Bio: A classmate of Chris and one of his closest friends, who loves nature and wants to go on adventures despite being born with a condition that restricted her to a wheelchair and spent most of her life as a paraplegic.

Sonic X: Friendship is Universal Card #64

Name: Lucy

Age: 10

Gender: Female

Species: Human

Likes: Pinkie Pie, Family, Friends, Fun, Excitement, Adventure, Candy

Dislikes: Dr. Eggman, Steam, Boredom, Evil, Loneliness, being left out of an adventure

Abilities: Running, Hiking, Parkour, Climbing, Sports

Bio: A classmate of Kat and one of her closest friends, she’s always craving for excitement in life and loves to go on adventures.

One of the helicopters fired a grappling hook at the rowboat, smashing through the floor and leaving a hole, surprising Sonic and Helen.

“Got them! Pull them back to shore!” the pilot said.

The helicopter moves back, pulling the rowboat with the grappling hook. Sonic however was having none of it, “Damn! Are you scared Helen?” he asked.

“I’m okay.” Helen said.

“Great! Then let’s get out of here!” Sonic said as he pulled the grappling hook out of the hole as water filled the boat from it.

Sonic placed the grappling hook on one of the wheelchair’s handlebars, “Hang on tight!” he said as he climbed on the back of the wheelchair.

The pull from the hook lifted the wheelchair, along with Helen and Sonic, off the boat as it sank into the bottom of the lake. Sonic used his own weight to swing the wheelchair back and forth until he was close enough to the island. Sonic took the hook off, sending the wheelchair, Helen and himself flying toward the island, landing on solid ground.

Unfortunately, they landed too close to the edge of the cliff as the wheelchair’s wheels rolled off the edge, “Uh oh, I think I’ve miscalculated!” Sonic said before the wheelchair slid off the edge, along with him and Helen as they screamed. Acting quickly, Sonic grabbed the handles, placed his feet on the side of the cliff and used his super sonic speed to run back up the cliff while pushing Helen on her wheelchair until they finally made it back up. Sonic made sure to keep a distance from the edge this time.

“That was close.” Sonic said, then he turned to Helen, “Are you okay Helen? Did I scare you? Huh?”

Helen was facing her head down, trembling for a bit, before lifting her head up and started laughing out loud, surprising Sonic.

“That was so FUN! I’ve never been this thrilled in my life before and this is only my first adventure ever!” Helen said beaming with joy.

Sonic smiled and winked in approval. Their moment of heart-to-heart however is interrupted when the helicopters close in on them.

“You’re right that this is turning into an adventure.” Sonic said he walked behind Helen and gripped on her wheelchair’s handlebars, “So Helen? What do you say we go on more adventures?”

“Of course!” Helen said.

“Alright! Let’s go!” Sonic said as he pushed Helen on her wheelchair at sonic speed toward the forest.

“Sir! The target has fled into the forest!” one of the pilots reported.

“Roger that!” the G.U.N. Sargent said, “Send in the special forces! Trap him like a rat in a maze!”

“Roger!”

At the Presidential House…

“Oi! The glass is empty!”

“I hear you! Here comes more refills!”

Jeremy was still trying to keep the press from leaving as he continued to serve more drinks. Meanwhile, our heroes were still enjoying the party as normal as they were having some pre-dinner appetizers.

The President chatted with the Princesses of Equestria and the King of Albatross as they discussed their plans on forming a treaty of friendship and harmony between worlds. The President took this opportunity to ask them about Rainbow Dash and her friends, Celestia answered any questions he had about them.

Pinkie Pie wanted to ask the President to liven up the party as she finds the party a bit boring and commented on how one of his men was more focused on serving drinks to the press instead of focusing on them, since they were the guests of honor, but Twilight insisted on staying put for now.

“I wonder how Sonic is doing right now?” Chris wondered.

With Sonic and Helen…

The sun had set and thus, it was now officially nighttime. Sonic and Helen were able to escape far deep into the forest as they took off their life jackets. While searching for the patch of flowers that is supposed to be on the island, they decided to stop and take a short break, as they have a little heart-to-heart.

“Mama and Papa keep themselves busy every day so that I can have everything I need.” Helen said, “They buy me everything, they take me to the best doctors and this wheelchair is also very expensive. But to be honest, I don’t want or need any of that. All I want is Mama and Papa spending time with me.”

Helen looked down in sadness, but then she looked up to Sonic with a bright smile.

“But I’m okay now! Thanks to you, I got to go on a fun adventure!” she said as she smiled, and Sonic smiled back at her.

Sonic’s ear twitched however when he heard something. He looked back and saw something headed their way from deep in the forest.

“It looks like our adventure isn’t over yet.” He blue hero said.

“Huh?” Helen looked as she and Sonic saw several bright lights moving around in the forest’s darkness. She smiled as she said, “Sonic! We’ve got enemies incoming at 6 o’clock!”

“Roger that!” Sonic said he grabbed the wheelchair and pushed them at sonic speed down the forest.

“Target confirmed! Pursuit and corner him!”

The lights were revealed to be more G.U.N. agents riding on hoverbikes as they navigate the forest in pursuit of Sonic.

“Sonic! The enemy is right on our tail!” Helen said.

“Roger that Helen! Time to show you what a real adventure is like!” Sonic smirked.

Sonic zipped past the trees in zig-zag formation at sonic speed, while still pushing Helen on her wheelchair. The G.U.N. soldiers become confused by Sonic’s pattern as they try to pursuit him, but some of them ended up crashing into the trees, leaving them unable to continue the chase.

“Ha! Too easy! Piece of cake!” Sonic taunted them.

“Sonic look out!” Helen shouted.

“WHOA!” Sonic reacted in surprise as he skids to a halt in front of a cliff side.

Both Sonic and Helen looked up and saw how tall the cliff was, then looked back and saw the agents coming in close on their hoverbikes.

“Here they come!” Helen said.

“No problem! Hang tight!” Sonic smirked confidently as he gripped the handlebars.

Helen held on tight to her wheelchair as Sonic took a few steps back away from the cliff.

“Nowhere to run Hedgehog!” the G.U.N. soldier shouted as he and his colleagues closed in on them.

“Wanna bet?” Sonic taunted with a smirk as he boosted towards the cliffside and ran up it, while still pushing Helen on her wheelchair.

“AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!” The G.U.N. soldiers screamed in horror as they ended up crashing their hoverbikes on the cliffside.

Sonic and Helen made it up to the top of the cliff. They looked down and saw the soldiers laying around in pain next to their wrecked hoverbikes.

“Owww, that hurts!” “I didn’t know he could run up the cliff!” “That’s not fair!” They complained.

Sonic and Helen looked at each other and laughed. Once they stopped, they looked ahead and gasped surprise at the sight that lay before them.

“Whooooaaaaa!” They exclaimed in awe as right before their eyes, they saw a giant flower patch of tiny white flowers as they gently swayed in the wind, as white petals were being carried by the wind. It was indeed the most beautiful and breath-taking sight yet.

“These must be the tiny white flowers that Papa told me about.” Helen said, “Its even better than what I imagined!”

“Shall I start picking them?” Sonic asked as reached out to one of the flowers.

“Wait Sonic, don’t!” Helen shouted, prompting Sonic to stop.

“Huh? Why?” Sonic asked in confusion.

“I want to keep this place as is. I want to show this place to Papa and Mama the next time I come here.” Helen explained.

Sonic nodded as he stepped away from the flower patch, “I understand. Let’s keep all this a secret between us until then.”

Helen nodded as she and Sonic continued to watch the flower patch.

Suddenly they heard something metal hitting rock behind them. They looked back and saw that the agents used their grapple hooks to hook onto the edge of the cliff and climb up.

“Man, these guys are persistent!” Sonic grumbled.

“If they come up here, they are going to step all over the flowers!” Helen was worried.

“Leave this to me!” Sonic said.

The G.U.N. agents were almost at the top when, “YO! OVER HERE!” they heard someone shout at them. They looked to the side and gasped in shock to see Sonic and Helen on another cliff far away from where they originally were, waving at them before they rushed deep into the forest.

“There they are! After them!” one G.U.N. agent shouted, as more hoverbike soldiers chased after them.

Sonic continued to race down the forest while still pushing Helen in her wheelchair as the hoverbike soldiers chased after them.

“Sonic! Look out!” Helen screamed and Sonic skid to a halt as they stopped right in front of the edge of the cliff. They looked down and saw nothing but water down below.

“It’s the lake!” Sonic said.

Soon, the soldiers catch up to them as they got off their hoverbikes and aimed their grapple guns at Sonic, plus a helicopter appeared flying right across the cliff and right above the lake, the pilot aiming his grapple guns at Sonic too.

“It’s pointless to resist Sonic! Surrender quietly and come with us to the President’s office!” The Leading G.U.N. agent made it clear that this was not negotiable.

“I still have things to do!” Sonic refused to comply.

“Then you leave us no choice!” The Leading G.U.N. agent said, “Men! Prepare to fire on my mark!”

Sonic braced himself as he still had grapple hooks aimed at him both from agents and the helicopter behind him.

“FIRE!” The Leading agent shouted and he and his agents and the helicopter pilot fired their grapple hooks at Sonic.

Once again, they underestimated just how fast Sonic really is, as he dodged the grapple hooks, resulting in them getting tangled up with each other.

“What the!?” The soldiers reacted in shock.

“Time to make our escape!” Sonic picked up Helen, carrying her in his arms like a princess as she gasped in surprise, and then he ran up the rope coming from the helicopter and jumped onboard.

“Why you!” The pilot got off his seat and charged at Sonic, who just moved out of the way. The pilot lost his balance and fell out of the helicopter. He screamed in horror as he fell into the lake.

Sonic gently put Helen down on the passenger seat while Sonic took the pilot seat.

“Sonic, do you know how to pilot a helicopter?” Helen asked.

“Usually I let Tails handle this, just like how I let him handle the Tornado but…how hard can it be?” Sonic said as he looked over the controls, “Let’s see, maybe this one?”

He pressed a button, which released the grapple hook’s rope off, causing the agents down on land to fall over.

“Okay.” Sonic said, “Also, can’t leave anything behind.”

He pressed the button on the handle, which fired the other grapple hook which then wrapped around Helen’s wheelchair handlebar.

Sonic then pulled the wheelchair up with the grapple hook as he and Helen took off into the skies in the helicopter.

Helen gasped in awe as she looked out the window, “Sonic! Look!”

Sonic looked in the direction Helen was looking and saw the tiny white flower patch on top of the cliff from high above. He smiled while Helen continued to watch the flower patch until it was out of sight, as they both got away on the helicopter.

Meanwhile, the G.U.N. agents watched as their target got away in one of their own transports.

“Damn…he got away again…” One agent cursed.

“We severely underestimated him…” Another agent said.

“We’re just no match for him…” The Leading agent said.

“Guys! A little help!” the pilot shouted from the lake.

Later…

Sonic continued to pilot the helicopter with Helen on the passenger seat as they flew above the city at nighttime.

“Looks like the adventure is over.” Helen said.

“Sure, looks that way. Did you have fun?” Sonic asked.

“Yeah! A lot!” Helen beamed with joy.

“Awesome! Anyway, it’s dark out.” Sonic said, “Shall I take you home?”

“Wait Sonic!” Helen said, “Before that, don’t you want to meet the President?”

“I don’t care about any of that.” Sonic said.

“But I’d feel bad if you kept him waiting because of me.” Helen said, “Besides, you already fulfilled your Pinkie Promise, so I’d like you to go see him, even if its only for a short while.”

Sonic nodded, “As you wish, let’s go say “hi” to the President.”

Sonic changed course as they flew in the direction of the Presidential House.

Meanwhile…

“WHAT!? What do you mean he got away!?” Jeremy yelled on the phone, “You USELESS idiots! Where is he now!?”

Suddenly he hears helicopter blades, “Huh? What’s going on?”

The others also heard it and saw the doors open, revealing Sonic and Helen in her wheelchair. The helicopter parked outside.

“Sonic!?” his friends exclaimed in surprise.

“And Helen!?” Chris and Kat exclaimed.

“Hey guys!” Sonic greeted them as he walked up to them while pushing Helen in her wheelchair.

Their reunion was cut short when Jeremy suddenly popped up in front of him.

“Sonic! Welcome to the Presidential House! We’ve been expecting you and Rainbow Dash!” Jeremy said, “Quick! Over here President-san! PRESIDENT-SAN!”

The President walked up to our blue hero, “Sonic the Hedgehog, a pleasure to finally meet you in person.” He said as he reached out for a handshake.

“Likewise, President-san.” Sonic said as he returned the handshake.

“Perfect!” Jeremy said, “Both of you hold that pose for a bit. Quick, start taking pictures! Start taking pictures!!! Where’s the press!?”

Unfortunately, the press drank way too many glasses of champagne and wine, they all passed out. They were in no shape or form to be taking pictures now.

“WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” Jeremy screamed out loud in horror before he fainted from the shock.

Sonic, the President, Helen and the others looked for a second before they all started laughing out loud.

“Hey Twilight! Can I ask him now?” Pinkie asked.

“Alright Pinkie, go for it.” Twilight said.

“Hey President-san! How would you like to see a real party, Pinkie style?” Pinkie asked him.

“A Pinkie style party? Is this something from your world?” The President asked.

“You betcha!” Pinkie said.

“Very well, you have my permission.” The President said.

“YES!” Pinkie Pie pulled out her party cannon and fired it.

Next thing you know, the entire Presidential House was decorated to the brim with “Pinkie Pie” styled party decorations, including balloons, confetti, music blasting out of a decked out jumbo-sized stereo, a disco ball and a table full of cupcakes, muffins, chili dogs, and a huge cake.

“Whoa!” The guards and the guests reacted in surprise.

“Good God!” The President was also surprised by the sudden change of atmosphere.

“Come on everypony…er, I mean, everybody! It’s PARTY TIME FOR REALISES! YAY!” Pinkie Pie shouted.

“OOOOOH YEAH!” Rainbow Dash shouted, “It’s about time!”

“Woohoo! Party!” Kat shouted.

Soon, everyone was drawn to the fun and wild atmosphere of a Pinkie Pie approved party, as the Sonic Heroes, Mane Party, the Thorndykes, the Princess and Skylord and even the President and the guards and guests started dancing to the music and enjoying the food. Jeremy and the press, however, remained passed out.

“Helen! Shall we dance?” Sonic asked with a bow and offering his hand.

Helen giggled, “Yes we shall.” She accepted the offer as she took his hand.

Sonic and Helen danced together along with everyone else. Despite the wheelchair, Helen was having a blast she did her own dance with Sonic as they went around dancing across the dance floor. While they danced Sonic introduced his friends to her, starting with best friend and adopted brother Tails and then Rainbow Dash, his speed friend and rival, and the other hero who helped defeat Dr. Eggman and his army. Then he introduced Amy, Cream and Cheese, then Twilight and the rest of the Mane Party: Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Spike, Derpy, La Tormenta, and Hawkeem, in that order, then the CMC and finally the Princesses and Skylord Czar.

And after that they ran into Chris and Kat, who Helen had already known since they went to the same school.

“You two get to go on adventures with such wonderful people? You are so lucky!” Helen told them.

“You have no idea!” Kat said, “How was your adventure with Sonic?”

“Oh, it was so much fun! I wish you could have joined us too!” Helen said.

“Maybe we can all go together next time?” Chris asked.

“Great idea! It will be a date!” Helen said.

“What!?” Chris flustered at the word “date”.

Helen, Kat and Sonic laughed at Chris’ reaction.

“Ah, youth, it’s a beautiful thing.” Chuck laughed.

“Grandpa.” Chris said.

Meanwhile, Jeremy regained consciousness and saw the party, “What’s going on? What is all of this?” he asked.

“Ah Jeremy, you’re awake.” The President came up to him while still dancing, “Listen, its better if you call off your plan to use Sonic’s and Rainbow Dash’s popularity to boost my chances at the reelection and enjoy this party! After all, we’re supposed to be celebrating our victory over Dr. Eggman and his terrorist band.”

Jeremy looked at the President and then at the press, who are still out cold from drinking too much. He sighed in defeat, “Fine, I’ll call the whole thing off.”

“Good! Now come on, let’s dance!” The President grabbed Jeremy by the arm and pulled him onto the dance floor.

“WHOA! WHOA” WHOOOOA!” Jeremy screamed as he got roped into the party as well.

Sonic, Rainbow, Chris, Kat, Chuck and Helen saw this and laughed together as they continued to dance together as Pinkie announced that it was time for the dance-off competition as everyone got paired together to compete to see who can outdance who.

Later that night…

“Then they tried to capture us by firing a rope with a hook from a helicopter! They first came at us from the left, like this! We tried to dodge to the right, but we were on a boat. We couldn’t move fast enough, so they ended up hitting our boat right in the middle! But we didn’t panic. We quickly removed the hook, pulled up and used our opponent’s actions as an advantage to…Oh! Mama! I would like some seconds please!”

“Alright. You sure have an appetite today.”

“And then…”

“Wait! I’m going to have a second serving too. I need to be fully prepared for you story today.”

“Hurry up Papa! The best part is yet to come! The real adventure started when we jumped off the cliff!”

“Okay! Okay!”

After the party at the Presidential House, everyone returned home. Sonic and Rainbow Dash decided to drop Helen over at her house together before heading off. While having dinner with her parents, Helen was still excited about her adventure with Sonic that she started telling the whole story to them while her memory of it was still fresh. Her parents were flabbergasted but listened to her story. Both went to the kitchen to get seconds.

“I think I’m going to need two bottles of wine if I’m going to listen to the rest of her story.” Helen’s father, Douglas, went to get the wine, then he noticed his wife getting emotional while she was preparing the second serving, “What’s wrong dear?”

“Our little girl Helen, I’ve never seen her so happy before!” Helen’s mother teared up, “She’s so energetic that she even ask for seconds!”

“Honey…” Douglas said as he wrapped his over her shoulders.

“All this time, we kept her in the house because we were scared that she might get hurt if she went outside.” Helen’s mother said.

“I’ll have to rethink my work schedule for next week. No, I’ll make sure that it gets changed. I can’t believe I forgot that I promised that I would take her this this special place.” Douglas said.

“Papa! Mama! What’s taking so long? I haven’t even told you the best part yet!” Helen called from dinning room.

“Coming dear!” Douglas said.

“Please wait! This stew is special for a reason, it takes time to prepare!” the mother said.

They both returned to the dining room with the second serving of stew and the two wine bottles, so they could continue listening to Helen’s story.

“Alright! Here’s the best part: after they used helicopters against us, guess what they brought out next!” Helen said.

“I don’t know Helen, what?” Douglas asked.

“Hoverbikes! The kind that can float off the ground and water, just like the ones you see in the movies! Oh, and then I met the President and then there was a huge party that was set up by a single shot from a pink pony’s cannon and…”

“Whoa! Slow down there Helen! You’re getting way too excited! Just take you time.” Helen’s mother told her.

“Remind me again what happened after the helicopter pulled you up?” Douglas asked.

“Aw man! I don’t even know where to begin anymore!” Helen said.

Meanwhile…

Right outside of Helen’s house, Sonic and Rainbow Dash were both laying down on top of a large tree branch from a nearby tree, as they watched Helen and her parents having dinner together as the young girl told her parents about her adventure with Sonic.

“I can’t believe I missed out on your adventure with Helen. I wish I had gone with you guys instead of that boring party.” Rainbow said.

“But I still showed up and then the party really kicked off, right?” Sonic said.

“Yeah, I’m glad you ended up showing up, because that party was pretty “bleh”.” Rainbow said, “Although I admit, watching that guy trying to keep the press around by serving them drinks and appetizers was funny.

“Tell you what: next time I make plans to go on an adventure with Helen or someone else, I’ll make sure to tell you about it. Deal?” Sonic extended his hand for a shake.

“Deal!” Rainbow accepted as he placed her hoof on Sonic’s hand, and they shook.

After they break up the hand/hoof shake, they both took one last look at Helen enjoying dinner with her family while still telling them about her adventure before they decided to go back home as they took off at sonic speed.


(BGM: Hikaru Michi (The Shining Road) – Aya Hiroshige)

The scene opens with a shot of Station Square at nighttime, as the sun slowly begins to rise from the horizon, changing the night sky to dusk, then dawn, and finally morning.

Our world is enchanted

Even the nervousness of our love is sealed in our tears

It changes to Sonic and Rainbow Dash sitting near the edge of one of the buildings as they watch the sun rise. After a while, the two looked at each other and gave each other a fist/hoof bump before parting ways as Sonic jumps off the building while Rainbow Dash flies away.

Boy

Let's go together to find the spell

To a land where forbidden dreams can come true

Sonic is seen walking through the mist in the park before stopping near a tree. Looking closely, we see Amy standing next to the tree giving a worried look.

Let's meet up tomorrow in secret

At the hill where we can see the dawn, where we once buried a little bird

In the cold morning mist, when I hold hands with you

We'll break the seal of the shining road

Forever

Sonic and Amy then stare at each other without saying a word.

(BGM ends)

Author's Note:

And there we go. Don’t really have anything else to say other than R&R and all that and I really need to get off this habit of leaving things for during the holidays. Oh well, until next time! See ya!

Comments ( 1 )

this is a nice chapter.

Login or register to comment