The Barcast 1,114 members · 2,293 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37
Milk_Barcast
Group Admin

Yeppers, we're talking about the big hard R. Retirement. Won't mince words up too much with ya, but that's all they wrote! Its been one hell of an 8 plus year ride. We've done 250 interviews, a multitude of readings and side projects, interviewed show VA's, attended conventions as community guests and press, and built a small discord community of 500 plus strong.

You'll see some more blogs from Priest, Pencil, and the others, with better answers and write-ups than this. To make a long story short, I don't have the time I once had to handle my side of things on Barcast and I felt it was time for me to finally pull the trigger. The others felt the same so here we are.

Anyway, the plan going forward is to do two final shows. the first being of the main 6 to do our waxing lyrically as wed like. Maybe answer a few questions, but really it's an excuse to drink some more and remember the fun times. The second is going to be a Flash Interview show. You'll see a Google sign-up form go out closer to when that show will happen, and anyone who wants to get in can get 5 minutes to answer questions and promo some stuff. that show will run till we run out of people wanting to be on.

There it is folks. It's officially Last Call at the Barcast.

With drunken love,
Milk

Flutterpriest
Group Admin

So long, and thanks for all the drinks.

It was a fun ride. Made some cool connections thanks for this podcast.
Hope you guys stay together even after this.

Are the interviews going to remain/stay up?

All good things come to an end. Will tune in for the final two episodes!

Much love to all of the Barcast. Thank you for all the memories. :twilightsmile:

Huge kudos and congratulations for creating and maintaining such a fun podcast :twilightsmile:

ROBCakeran53

Fuck. Well now I need to get in on one of those 5 min slots.

Thank you for everything.

Damn, sucks that it gotta end.

But props to y'all for running such a dope podcast! πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Aw well.. it was a nice run! Thanks for all the casts over the years!

Every story has to have an ending, and this is a well earned one. Thank you for having us all.

Flutterpriest
Group Admin

Yes, everything will remain live on syndicated podcast platforms until we're kicked off of them. And it's all also live on soundcloud and youtube.

I survived the Barcast's Wild Ride and all I got was this png.

You couldn't have waited one more week to announce this on April Fools

End of an era. Good luck on your future projects!

anonpencil
Group Admin

It was amazing while it lasted. No Ragrets.

While sad to see it go, I understand completely that all things must end. I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors and hope to see you at some cons in the future.

You folks interviewing me was one of the prouder moments in my fanfic writing career. Thanks.

I gotta get in on that five-minute thing...

Thanks for having me partake in your show and I wish you al the very best!!!

Oh man, the end of an era, this podcast (that means you) has had such a big impact on so many people's life, thank you.

"but this too, shall pass"

The important thing is we got to have a very important discussion about duck anatomy.

It's been a ride :rainbowdetermined2:

I'm gonna miss you, you magnificent chucklefucks ;_;7

Part of me was convinced that the Barcast was one of those institutions that would just entrench itself somewhere, like a lichen clinging to an increasingly barren cliff, and survive well past the fall of civilization. But it also had an exceptionally solid run, well past the end of G4, and there's no shame in going out on a high note. I'm honored to have been a part of it, however tiny and tangential. Thank you for everything, and hope to keep seeing y'all around in other contexts.

Much love to yall, enjoyed listening over the years

o no

hi buddy :)

It’s been a pleasure watching your series. 🫑

Being interviewed by you all was definitely one of the highlights of my time with horse words.

Sad to see the show going into the sunset, but that's life I suppose.

The end of an era. Congrats on keeping this thing going for so long and sending it off on your terms! Thanks again for having me on all those years ago. :twilightsmile:

Too bad you never went to that one guy’s birthday party.

Milk_Barcast
Group Admin

>Instant ptsd response to the thought of kody

Thank you for having me. πŸ–€

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37