Comments ( 291 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 291
Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Kalash93
Title: Racer And The Geek
Genre Tags: Romance, Comedy, Slice Of Life
Other information you wish to share: This is more or less a recreational project for me. My goal was to simply write a better than average OCxRD fic and have fun while doing it.

Reviewer: Axel Nyan

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Kyo Rash
Title: The Ballad of 47
Tags: Dark, Adventure

Reviewer: FoughtDragon01

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: nygiants93
Title: A Father's Love
Genre Tags: Sad, Slice of Life
Other Information: This story is another attempt by myself to get onto EQD, in case you wanted to know my motivation.

Reviewer: Miss Dark Angel

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: M1Garand8
Title: Of Sunshine and Laughter
Genre Tags: Adventure, Comedy
Specific Request (if any): None.
Other information you wish to share: It would be great if the review could cover all of the currently posted chapters (3 chapters and an interlude at ~14k words). I don't mind if the review process takes longer.
I am aware of the problems the story is having but I want a second opinion and hopefully uncover any more problems that I have missed.

Reviewer: Quick Fix

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: TheFlyingFish
Title: The World Eater
Genres: Adventure, Romance, Tragedy, Dark
Other info: This is my first story, so please be gentile. Otherwise have at thee!

Reviewer: Fallen Prime

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Firefeng
Title: Memories of a Phoenix
Genre Tags: Tragedy, Comedy, Alternate Universe, Human (and if the reviewer feels fewer/more tags are necessary, I would happily consider any suggestions)
Other information you wish to share: I submitted the first chapter drunk off my ass, having not edited it, and immediately got 9 dislikes. Fixed that post-haste, and ~45k words later, I haven't gotten another dislike, but I also haven't gotten much feedback on the story. The handful of followers I've gotten seem to like it, but I've also received almost no constructive criticism about it. I know it could use some work, I just need an outside observer to provide some objective advice.

Reviewer: Winter Storm

OtterMatt
Group Admin

Name: sport94
Title: Wonderbolts: Class of '89
Genres: SoL
Other info: This is my first fanfic, or should I say, any form of fiction writing, I've ever done. I'm open to any tips. I'm starting to worry that I am getting to caught up in the present day story and letting the main point of the story, being Spitfire's backstory, fall by the way side, but I would like a second opinion. Also, I'm not use to writing dialogue, so I was wondering if someone could review the dialogue in my story

Reviewer: KillerSteel

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Alexaroth
Title: Stairway to Equestria
Genre Tags: Romance, Tragedy, Adventure, Human
Other information you wish to share: I started writing over 1 year ago, and back then I was just getting into the whole writing thing. Over the year, I know for a fact that I've managed to create my own writing style and get better at it, with the great help of my editors. I know the story is long and I don't expect any of your reviewers to read the whole thing, however what I want to know is what can be improved in the first chapters. Those are the chapters that have the lowest quality and its easy to notice that the writing gets better and better as the chapters progress.

Reviewer: IncoherentOrange

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Mr Spiffy
Title: Ambition
Genre Tags: [Adventure] [Comedy] [Alternate Universe] [Human]
Other: This is the first significant piece of literature that I have written. With this being the case, I would greatly appreciate some feedback on how I can improve so I can hopefully entertain this great fandom more in the future.

Someone got there first, and the author decided that was enough and felt that he didn't want to waste our time. No review is necessary here.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Hydkore
Title: Chasing Shadows
Genre Tags: [Comedy] [Adventure]
Other information you wish to share: The story has also been submitted to the current Training Ground (no reply yet) and it has also failed EQD submission twice. First drafts were also edited by NATOstrike.

Reviewer: Milky Way

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Miss Dark Angel
Title: Grounded
Genre Tags: Slice of Life
Other information you wish to share: As of now, this is one of my most popular and well rated stories, even if that's not saying much. As of yet, there have just been the simple 'this is good, moar!” and 'love this, can't wait for next chapter!' comments, maybe some small praise, but no critiques, which I really do seek. Just for the sake of wanting to know if there is place for improvement—well, most likely. Anyway, I've gone to several places for feedback, but right now, nothing, so I go to this highly reliable group in seek of advice. The whole story doesn't have to be read, the reviewer may read just the first chapter, maybe two, but that would be nice.

Reviewer: ScribbleStick

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: FloydienSlip
Title: The Division Bell
Genre Tags: [Sad]
Other information you wish to share: This is my first ever fanfiction, but... yeah. Also, a suggestion for new cover art would be much appreciated!

Reviewer: kalash93

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Lord of Nothing
Title: A Queen & You
Genre Tags: Alternate Universe, Human, Romance
Other Information: This story seems to be recieved positively by the people that have read it, but I'm looking for someone to give me a real review on my work. The "Alternate Universe" tag was probably a poor decision on my part, as it does not take in an alternate universe, just Earth, unless an Earth where ponies arrive would be considered an alternate universe.

Reviewer: Burraku_Pansa

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Kirotalon
Title: The Most Unlikely Places
Genre Tags: Romance, Slice of Life
Other information you wish to share: This story follows the continuity of another fic I wrote earlier. The only real points of fanon to mention are that Vinyl and Octavia are a couple who adopted Scootaloo off the street. Scootaloo can't fly because of a genetic defect, and she's known about it more or less her whole life. The time frame is their last year of formal schooling before they're loosed upon the world, so the maturity level is somewhere in the neighborhood of a bunch of 18 year old humans.

Reviewer: Simon_oSullivan

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: TheMyth
Title: Project Ascension
Genre Tags: Dark, Adventure
Specific Request (if any): I wish for OtterMatt to review this
Other information you wish to share: This is a sequel to Longing, taking place a few months afterwards where Scootaloo is kidnapped and the Mane 6 go off to find her, and in the process find out where Scootaloo comes from and also answer the question of where Spike also comes from...

Reviewer: OtterMatt

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: TheQuestioner
Title: Reflections of the Heart
Genre Tags: Romance, Sad
Specific Request (if any): I want whoever reviews this to be someone who is able to do two things. Be critical, not harsh, but critical, and also is able to see cliche from a mile away. I avoid cliche like the plague, so I want nothing cliched in my story.
Other information you wish to share: This is my main story, and it is the one that is most important to me. Anything that could help this story be better is much appreciated.

Reviewer: ScreenedPlum

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: FoughtDragon01
Title: Live by the Creed
Genre Tags: Dark, Crossover, Adventure
Other information you wish to share: I tried writing this in a way that wouldn't alienate anyone unfamiliar with the crossover material. From what I've heard so far, it seems like I've done an okay job with it, but I would like another opinion on that. However, I do feel like I falter in areas like pacing and characterization.

People have told me that the story progresses far too quickly in some places, while I bring things to a crawl in others. No one told me where specifically, so critique in that area would be greatly appreciated. As for characterization, no one seems to mind my OCs, but I'm worried that I'm making them too boring, or at least generic, especially so for the main OC, Shadow Streak. An opinion on that would help as well.

I know it's a bit on the lengthy side, but if someone did read everything I have so far, it'd mean a lot to me.

Reviewer: ambion

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Sayer
Title: Fallout Equestria: Bronies Dawn
Genre Tags: Tragedy, Dark, Crossover, Adventure, Alternate Universe, Human
Specific Request: I'd like to find a reviewer that can help me to fix any grammar mistakes and has some knowledge about the Fallout games and the fanfic Fallout Equestria.
Other information: The published chapters were revised by an editor, but unfortunately he had to drop all his works (including myself and others fics) because of studies and other problems in real life. I'd like to ask for somepony to help me with the upcoming chapters, as I'd like to continue this story.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Impressme
Title: Bacon and Hobbes: The Purple Doll
Genre : Comedy, Random, Adventure, Crossover, Alternate Universe
Other information you wish to share: I tried to keep it as close to a comic as possible. Nice and short without an over saturation of detail.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Starman Ghost
Title: Body And Mind
Tags: Adventure
Comments: This is a story about a changeling captured by the Royal Guard, and characterization in particular has proven to be a pretty dicey issue. I don't want my changeling to be so stubborn that he's unlikable, nor do I want him to change attitudes so quickly it becomes unrealistic. Conversely, I don't want the ponies to be so instantly forgiving and gentle towards the changeling that they come off as Mary Sues, but at the same time I don't want to turn them into the bad guys.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Dakilladj
Title: The Marker's Prophecy
Genre Tags: Dark, Crossover, Adventure, Human, Alternate Universe
Other Information:
I'm going to try to Submit to Equestria Daily. Problem is, I need some serious critics to review my story. The reviews I have received so far have pointed out mistakes in my writing and I'm happy I'm trying to learn from them, but have lacked what I think is crucial to helping me improve my story. Negative feedback. What I want is a run thought of what I did well in the chapter, and what I need to improve on, if not just rewrite.
I don't want anything sugar-coated, I want every flaw exploited relentlessly.
Constructive criticism is all I want, so that I may learn from my mistakes and build on what I already have. Not only improving the story, but future chapters as well.

Reviewer: Fallen Prime

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: hamcon
Title: Queen of Cloudsdale
Genre Tags: Slice of Life, Alternate Universe
Other information you wish to share: This is actually in continuity with my other story Sparkling Blues, but I have not posted enough chapters of each for it to make a difference.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: PONY 2012
Title: Dyslexia
Other information you wish to share: This was an exercise in free indirect speech. I'm curious how it turned out.

Reviewer: Axel Nyan

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Sayer
Title: Rainbow in the dark
Other information: I'd like to have a general review and tell me what made the reader retention rise after the two first chapters.
My editor is a friend of mine and a member of WRITE who recommended me to send my fic for evaluation and see if I could improve the next chapters to gain some reader retention.

Reviewer: Milky Way

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: BeauZoe
Title: Dewdrop's Small
Genre Tags: Adventure
Specific Request: Not Barata (already reviewed the story on his own)
Other information: My main goal is to improve my writing in general, because my story should be a joy to read instead of a hassle. The story is based loosely off of The Borrowers. Thanks in advance.

STATUS: The author wishes to finish up chapter two before asking for a review. This will be a placeholder until then.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: twow443
Title: All the Time in the World

Reviewer: Spabble

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: M1Garand8
Title: Muffinland
Genre Tags: Comedy, Adventure.
Other information you wish to share: Originally, I didn't want to send this up for review but I want to see what I can do to improve this little one shot, plotwise.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Dats Q
Title: Lunari
Genre Tags: Tragedy, Dark, Human
Specific Request (if any): Professor Plum, because of all the Rarity love.
Other information you wish to share: I know you(CSquared) looked at this briefly, but I really feel lost. Also, if the professor does not wish to review my work, please don't force him/her to do so. Thank you.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Title: Lightning Struck
Genre Tags: Tragedy
Other information you wish to share: To tell me how it was story and punctuation wise. Ignore the Ebonics chapter.

Reviewer: Miss Dark Angel

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: starforge
Title: Beyond the Veil
Genre Tags: Crossover, Adventure
Other information you wish to share: I'm just looking for an honest, critical review. The "great story!"s are nice, but they don't help me grow as a writer. As painful as some of the commentary might be, I think it's for the best that I expose my work to someone with real literary expertise.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Tangerine Blast
Title: Age Swap
Genre Tags: Adventure, Alternate Universe

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: The Fool
Title: The Alicorn Delusion
Genre Tags: Slice of Life, Tragedy, Sex, Gore
Other Information: Equestria Daily rejected The Alicorn Delusion for the crumbling psychic barrier between Twilight and Celestia during the flashback. I won't omit something so integral to the story but will greatly appreciate advice on streamlining it.

Reviewer: Burraku_Pansa

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Seether00
Title: Liberate the Sun
Other information you wish to share: I am hoping to snag a mentor as mentioned in your group's description. The main reason is I've run into a wall and it's driving me crazy. I haven't updated story in a month and the latest chapter is stuck at 4000 words. Hopefully the story will interest a reviewer enough to hop on board for a consult.
I think i have the themes right: family, the price of power, and the fog of the past. People seem to like my OC's which is nice.

Reviewer: Simon_oSullivan

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: MongolianFoodHoarder
Title: Fire on the Moutain
Genre Tags: Dark
Other information you wish to share: I invite he/she who reviews me to do it a la a Reactionary Reading! I sound like a harsh man whilst doing it to others, but I can take the exact same medicine. (Completely optional, of course.). EQD rejected me for a few mechanical things, so a look at mechanics would also be very helpful.

Reviewer: cheezesauce

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Bugsydor
Title: Tastes Like Heresy
Genre Tags: Slice of Life, Alternate Universe
Other notes: This story is set in an AU where the events depicted in Hearth's Warming went differently and the pony tribes split up instead of banding together.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: ambion
Title: Finding Solace
Genre Tags: Tragedy, Sad
Other information you wish to share: Not particularily. Tolerance for OC, I suppose.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Title: Blue Like Sapphires
Genre Tags: Slice of Life
Other information you wish to share: Someone who likes Trixie, and purply prose.
Is this fic 2 damn years old already? Sheesh. Hell, this one's on EqD that long too.

Reviewer: FoughtDragon01

Csquared08
Group Admin

Title: Sweet Dreams
Genre Tags: Adventure, Slice of Life.
Other information you wish to share: Someone who wouldn't mind an OC protagonist. Yes, Adventure + slice of life. You can't even have those tags together anymore, but this story does. 'Cause grandfatherd in. Niceee

Reviewer: La Barata

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: vren55
Title: Princess Celestia: The Changeling Queen
Genre Tags: Adventure, Alternate Universe
Other information you wish to share: Eenope.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Dream Daze
Title: The Suicide of Twilight Sparkle
Genre Tags: Crossover; Dark
Other information you wish to share: English isn't my first language and I've been struggling for a few years trying to improve my writing on my native tongue. Surprisingly enough, most of what I learned can be used in both languages so I manage to write fairly decently in english, in spite of my lack of vocabulary and that I've pretty much never read any book in english in my life. I still have some grammar hiccups and probably some technical mistakes that I wouldn't notice if my life depended on it, so I decided that I should probably turn to the groups offering to help :D so here I am.

Reviewer: Csquared08

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: SonicRainboomGirl
Title: Delta Machine
Genre Tags: Sad, Dark, Adventure
Other information you wish to share: I was recommended here by another user and it appears that my story does need a bit of work. There are half as many likes as dislikes, and if some reviewer could please help me figure out why my story is so poor, that would be excellent.
It's an album crossover story, so I draw my inspiration from music in this case.

Reviewer: twow443

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Cozmosus
Title: Defender of the Night
Genre Tags: Dark, Adventure

Reviewer: FloydienSlip

Csquared08
Group Admin

Title: Pony Fortress 2
Genre Tags: Comedy, Adventure, Crossover, Alternate Universe, Human
Other information you wish to share: This has the ponies as anthro's, but only during the match.

Reviewer: FluttershyisMetal

Burraku_Pansa
Group Admin

Name: Sparknanator
Title: A Little Smarty Problem
Genre Tags: Romance, Comedy, Random, Slice of Life

Reviewer: Professor Plum

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Storm_Twister
Title: Luna's Marine
Genre Tags: Romance, Sad Dark, Adventure, Alternate, Universe Human.
Other Information: This is my story. I want to know if theirs any story holes or anything of that sort. Its gotten a lot of dislikes and I'd like to know why. One last thing; I know my spelling and grammar is shit so don't worry about that.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Doc Crowl
Title: Nature's Call
Genre Tags: Comedy, Adventure, Human (Romance much further down the road)
Other information: Well, this is my first (and so far, only) fic, yet I've been told it has some (tiny) promise. I usually don't have issues with grammar or punctuation, but I think characterization and plot development are lacking. There was one user, BioChemicalWolfGear who gave reviews as I updated chapters similar to what I see you guys doing out of the kindness of his heart, but is too busy to do so any longer. If I could find someone willing to help edit or simply proofread my stuff as I go, that would be absolutely fantastic; a simple read-through of what's up would still be immensley appreciated! It is a bit on the long side, fair warning!

Reviewer: Starman Ghost

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Pond
Title: Buttons
Genre Tags: Dark
Other information you wish to share: This is my first work as a published author, so I'd like someone to really be nasty and give me constructive criticism.

Reviewer: cheezesauce

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Animegx43
Title: The Sun is in Your Hoof
Genre Tags: Adventure, Dark, Crossover
Other info: My grammar seems to need improvement, despite the fact that I use a grammar check. I also need an opinion on how well the story itself is going so far.
Although the crossover is with a game that's not too well known (very underrated game series), I feel the story is friendly with those unfamiliar to it anyway.
And again, I'm also not use to getting help like this, so I'm not entirely sure what else to ask.

Reviewer: La Barata

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Vadram
Title: Spike the Knight
Genre Tags: Adventure / Teen
Other information you wish to share: There are some chapters that are a little more violent than the standard teen story, but not as much as it warrants a mature or gore tag, these chapters are marked with (M) in the chapter title, just though you should know.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Kaldanor
Title: From Scratch
Genre Tags: Romance, Normal (Not Slice of Life)
Other information you wish to share:
This story spawned as a desire to write a Octavia and Vinyl Scratch centered story that went in a different direction. It has grown and expanded as I started and become much larger than I had initially planned for. I have gone through a large number of editors for a wide variety of reasons; I am curious about any potential parts that seem to be out of place as a result of having so many different hands in the creation.

Reviewer: MidnightRambler

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 291