• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 3,063 Views, 36 Comments

The DJ-PON3 Party - touileasaso



Vinyl Scratch, AKA DJ-Pon3, visits Manehattan and invites her cellist friend, Octavia, to a party that the cellist is far from familiar with. Octavia agrees because she doesn't want to let her friend down, but can she last through the hard night

  • ...
2
 36
 3,063

Epilogue: Until next time

For the next days while Vinyl Scratch stayed in Manehattan, Octavia and her friends traveled with her around the city to see all the attraction and sights. Vinyl was enjoying every place she visited, from browsing around Daring's museum, watching one of Trixie's performances at Corona Park, looking over Manehattan from the Statue of Liberty Mare, went shopping for what really caught Vinyl's attention and interest, visited an aquarium full of many colorful fish among many other places. And Vinyl and Octavia enjoyed every second of it.

At the end of the week, Vinyl was packing her stuff outside the hotel, ready to return home to Canterlot. Octavia, Twilight, Spike and everyone else was there to see her off.

"Well Octi, it was a blast to see ya again." Vinyl said. "It's been a long time since we've talked with each other."

"Too long." Octavia agreed. "But next time you visit, could you tell me about it first? You do have the habit of appearing unannounced."

The white unicorn laughed. "I'll try, but I make no promises!"

"Translation: she will appear unannounced once more." Trixie whispered to Daring who nodded in agreement.

"Are you sure you can't stay just a little bit longer?" Blossomforth pleaded. "We've been enjoying your company so much..."

"I'd love to girl, but I'll run out of all my moolah if I stay here. So I gotta go now." Vinyl explained.

"Just remember that you're always welcome to come back to Manehattan." Twilight smiled.

"That's right, we shall all welcome you with open hooves." Sherbet nodded.

"Of course, I'll be sure to remember that!" Vinyl grinned. "And hey, you guys are always free to visit me in Canterlot! That place is just as awesome from here!"

"Yeah, I also bet that your parties are killer at your crib there!" Spike exclaimed, amusing everyone ever since he tried to learn 'street talk'.

"You bet! It'll be a party you won't forget!"

A taxi-carriage arrived shortly, meaning that it was time for the DJ to go.

"Well, here's my ride back home." Vinyl said, putting her baggage in the trunk. "Don't miss me too much!"

"Vinyl..." Octavia walked up to her unicorn and hugged her. "Thank you again. I'm glad we're friends."

"Yeah, me too..." she nodded, hugging back.

Separating from the hug, Vinyl got inside the taxi-carriage. It rode away, with Vinyl leaning out the window waving everyone goodbye and they waved back.

"I'll be honest Octavia, Vinyl's a good pony and all but she can be kinda weird sometimes." Daring said.

"I know." Octavia smiled. "And I wouldn't have it any other way."

In her hoof was a picture of her and Vinyl on top of the Great Statue, both of them smiling. It reminded Octavia of the other picture when they were younger. Truly, friendship lasts a long time.

Author's Note:

And we're done! I hope you enjoyed it!

As for other news, I'm already planning another story for the Manehattanverse, and it's a CMC story! We'll see more of Tangerine and Babs in the next story!

That's it from me for now! See you next time!

Comments ( 8 )

Good luck on the next story. I hope to see how this fits in this universe.

Ahem...


D'AAWWWWWWW!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Good story, but I did have a few problems.

(SPOILERS, BTW)

One: Trixie made the entire club burn down, almost killed a bunch of ponies by her reckless action which included breaking and entering... and she didn't get so much as a scolding? I get that this story is about Octavia and Vinyl, but for the love of Celestia, consequences! At least have others smack her in the head and make her pay for her mistakes!

Two: The dialogue. It's fine and all, but there was so much redundant statements and repeating of the same things we already knew that it was jarring. Just send Spike on an errand, don't explain that he knows where others live and don't show that he tells that to everyone, because, duh, we already got that! As Octavia would say "Sometimes, less is more than enough."

3756582
One: Trixie does get scolded for her actions. Read the scene after the club is destroyed, Twilight is the one scolding her.

Two: I admit, I do have a bit of a problem with my dialogue. I did my best at this story, but I know what you mean. I hope to get better in the future. Feel free to leave suggestions if you'd like.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback and criticism. Some might not like it, but I welcome it, in hopes to become a better writer. So, feel free to criticize away.:pinkiesmile:

3757467 huh, must've missed that. Oh well, rant aborted :twilightblush:

3834865

No problem, bud, least I could do.

6725672
Oh? I'm always happy to hear suggestions. Feel free to speak your mind on the group forum so every member knows.

"Well Octi, it was a blast to see ya again."

Quite literally if I recall.


"You bet! It'll be a party you won't forget!"

That may have to take a back seat, considering recent events. Then again, they could always meet up at the Grand Galloping Gala. That group became infamous in Vinyl's element. Perhaps they'll become infamous in Octavia's element as well. Worse case scenario, Vinyl and Octavia will have that in common.

We are gonna see Vinyl again, right? (Please say yes... Please say yes... Please say yes...)

Login or register to comment