• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 4,399 Views, 722 Comments

Dovahshy May Cry - Draconis187



Fluttershy has disappeared, heralding the fall of Equestria as the Changelings invade. The yellow mare has returned after a year of absence to set things right but the Changelings are just the beginning.

  • ...
26
 722
 4,399

Unlikely Allies

Dovahshy May Cry
Unlikely Allies
Author: Draconis187

Two days of practising had yielded results for Dash and Pinkie. Dash’s natural athleticism and speed made her pretty effective with wielding Nevan in scythe mode. Fluttershy gave Pinkie Kalina Ann, the moment they would finish practise Pinkie would hide it in her mane which seemed physically impossible since the bazooka was as big as her and yet it vanished inside her mane.

Pinkie blurted out that she and Dash were training with Fluttershy to Twilight who ended up wanting to watch. Rarity didn’t since she found it barbaric. Applejack was the only other one who wanted to watch but she was helping Berry Punch and Vinyl Scratch with stocking the Wub and Cello’s bar.

Vinyl Scratch called out to Rainbow the next day, having heard the rumour that Fluttershy and Dash both play the guitar. She wanted a big headliner for the re-launch of her club. Three Bearers would be the best way to get attention for the club, especially if one of them was the one that saved both Canterlot and Ponyville.

“Sup Dash.” Vinyl said as Dash was walking by. She was wearing a bat brooch in her mane. Fluttershy managed to get the brooch changed into a hair clip which made her more comfortable with carrying it. Dash noticed her and waved.

“Sup Vinyl. So I hear ‘Tavi is back in town?” She said with a smirk.

“Yup, she says she is here to stay. At least for a while anyway… Listen I’ve got a favour to ask of you.”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Is it true that you and Fluttershy play the guitar?” Dash looked to her left and then to her right before replying.

“Yeah and Pinkie sings too.” She said in a low whisper. Vinyl smiled broadly as she heard that. Her large, one-way glasses kept Dash from seeing her on the verge of tears.

“Brilliant! I need a headliner act for the Wub and Cello. I think you three would rock the place to its foundations! What do you think?” Dash rubbed her head in thought.

“Well I’d have to ask Pinkie and Fluttershy First.”

“I’ll do it!” Shouted a voice from behind them. It was Pinkie. Both mares jumped into the air in fright.

“Ah! Pinkie, don’t do that, ever again.” Dash said with a scowl.

“Oh Dashie, you say the nicest things. I’ll just go ask Fluttershy if she would like to play and I’ll get back to you.” With that Pinkie left in a cloud of dust… in the opposite direction of Fluttershy’s cottage.

“Don’t worry about her, she’s just being Pinkie Pie.” Dash said with a worried expression on her face. “But she will ask Fluttershy, she never says she's going to do something and not do it. So what are your plans for opening night?”

Vinyl smiled evilly and raised her glasses so Dash could see her eyes.

**** **** **** ****

On the outskirts of the Crystal Empire…

Clavus’ forces were nearing their positions to begin their siege. The Empire has a permanent shield that protects it from the elements of nature since it snows for most of the year. Its alternate function is its ability to stop those who wish to harm its citizens from entering the city. Its major flaw is that it receives its power from the Crystal Heart that the Crystal Ponies power by feeling happy. Clavus knew this and was going to wear them out with fear.

The invasion force found a small train on its way to the Crystal Empire. Onboard were several ponies wearing blue flight suits. The Wonderbolts were going to the Crystal Empire to perform and help lift the ponies’ spirits since Shining Armor and Princess Cadance were still missing.

Spitfire looked out to the right of the carriage she was in and caught a glimpse of the invasion force… before it attacked them. The carriage was stopped by a bunch of massive bull-like Changelings. They were twice the size of the average Changeling but they had no wings nor did they have a horn on their head. Changelings like these are specifically bred to perform this type of combat or hard labour that requires more brute force than a normal Changeling can provide.

“Wonderbolts! We need to get out of here and back to Canterlot!” Spitfire shouted as she led her team through to the rear of the train.

As she bucked the door open to escape, the six pony squad were faced with the Changeling Army. Spitfire gritted her teeth and turned to her team.

“All right Wonderbolts! We need to get to Canterlot no matter what! For Equestria!” She shouted, flying out of the carriage at breakneck speed. The others didn’t need any more encouragement and followed suit within milliseconds. As they tried to escape Spitfire got an arrow stuck into her right flank while she had the back of her neck cut by another but she managed to keep flying with all her strength.

Soarin and the others weren’t so lucky. Soarin had his wing nearly taken off by a ballista and fell while Fire Streak got overwhelmed by Changelings. Surprise was killed when an Elite threw a Changeling at it like a javelin. Its horn impaled her in the chest, killing her instantly. Blaze got hit with a trebuchet, the boulder it threw crushed his skull into paste the moment he collided with the ground. Misty Fly wasn’t fast enough and got her throat slit by one of the airborne Changelings. Silver Lining got dragged down to the ground where his screams could be heard as the Changelings literally tore him apart.

Spitfire tried to block out their cries for help, tears streaming down her eyes as she flew towards Canterlot. King Clavus came out from behind the treeline and saw the fleeing Spitfire. He just smirked as her silhouette disappeared into the horizon.

“Things are about to get interesting.” He mused.

**** **** **** ****

In Canterlot, the alliance negotiations were falling apart. Gilda wasn’t giving into Celestia’s demands. Luna had taken a stroll through the garden to clear her thoughts.

I remember this griffon. Twilight spoke of her in one of her reports, she was arrogant and quick to anger. Her temperament was foul and her attitude left a lot to be desired. It seems that she was quite correct. I wonder what the Emperor was thinking, appointing her as an ambassador. Luna thought angrily.

Meanwhile inside the ancient War Room that had not been used in centuries, Celestia and Gilda were having a war of their own: a war of words.

No!” Gilda yelled, banging her claw against the table, making it shake from the impact. “We want you to send your unicorns to our borders first and then we will send you some of our warriors as fair trade!”

“I understand that Gilda.” Celestia began. “But wanting several territories as compensation is out of the question! Many ponies call those places home and I know that the Griffon Empire will forcibly evict them without prior warning.”

“Those are our terms Celestia! You can take them or you can shove them up your sunny backside!” Gilda shouted, visibly fuming since Celestia wasn’t the pushover she was told. “You also forgot that we aren't your nice neighbours, we don’t help for the sake of your pathetic ‘friendship’! We only help when it is in our best interests.”

Celestia sighed, “So we are at an impasse… again.” Gilda scowled at her.

“I guess so. When you decide to agree to our terms come and find me in Ponyville. Got some unfinished business with somepony.”

With that the two left the room and went their separate ways. Celestia’s pet phoenix Philomena flew up to her and landed on her horn. Celestia looked up at her with a smile.

As much I would hate to do this, I don’t have any alternative.

“Philomena, would you mind getting me some parchment and a quill please?” Philomena nodded her head and flew off.

Celestia joined her sister in the Gardens. Luna smiled at her sister until she saw the look on her sister’s face.

“Negotiations failed again?” Celestia just nodded. “What are we going to do now?”

“I have an idea but I am not fond of it, I know Twilight won’t.” At that moment Philomena returned with a piece of parchment and a quill in her claws. Philomena dropped them in front of Celestia who grabbed them before they fell to the ground. She began to write a letter to Twilight.

“Tia, you aren't seriously considering that option are you?!” Luna gasped with surprise. Celestia only nodded with a solemn expression on her face.

**** **** **** ****

“Care to tell us more about this place Fluttershy?” Twilight asked. The gang were all inside Twilight’s Library. Dash had Nevan out and was strumming a few chords absent-mindedly while Pinkie ran her hoof through her mane subconsciously, Kalina Ann still hidden inside. Fluttershy had left her coat and weapons at her cottage.

“Ok. After I left I was running upwards through the Temen-ni-gru since the pathway down was blocked. I faced countless demons of various sizes and types. I even went up against several large, possessed chess pieces.”

**** **** **** ****

Fluttershy was getting exhausted. The constant fighting was getting to her. The more she shouted, the more she fought, all it did was tire her out even further.

She was in the chamber of the Three Trials. Specifically she was in the Trial of the Warrior. The demons she was facing were tougher than the rest. A Hell Gluttony blew sand into her face and got temporarily blinded. A Hell Pride brought its scythe down on her but she managed to dodge it. As she was getting back up, she got blown back up against the wall by a Hell Wrath. As she looked on at the sheer number of Hell Prides and Hell Sloths coming towards her, she felt that this was the end, she would never get home to see her friends again.

**** **** **** ****

“What happened dear?” Rarity asked.

“I got help from someone who would become an unlikely ally in that literal hell-hole.” Fluttershy deadpanned.

**** **** **** ****

Gunshots ran throughout the room, the demons trying to kill Fluttershy had all been turned to dust. Her saviour stood in front of her wearing a red coat and carrying two pistols: one black one and one white one. On his back was a sword with a skull adorning the hilt. He looked around the room and then turned his attention to her.

“Well, demons don’t tend to attack their own unless they are betrayed. So what kind of demon are you?” He asked calmly, with his pistols aimed directly at her.

“I'm not a demon. My name is Fluttershy and I'm a pony from Ponyville in Equestria.” She responded.

“Well that’s a sissy name for a spot in Hell. I guess you can't be a demon but hey, who am I to judge?” He said as he began to walk away.

“Wait!” He stopped. “Can I please get your name since I told you mine?”

“Dante.” With that he walked out the room.

Fluttershy noticed something glint in the side of her eye. Turning around she found a small sparkling object. She decided to take it and follow this ‘Dante’. She found him go through a set of doors at the far end of the room. Following, she saw a purple beam fire from a statue onto a pile of rubble, destroying it. Dante turned to Fluttershy with a small smirk.

“Well what do we have here?” Dante reached out and took the gem from Fluttershy’s hoof and placed it in a slot amongst two others that were placed on the statue.

The statue started to react. The laser weapon above them began to get closer to them as the top portion of the statue retracted. As soon as it was finished Dante pulled it off and placed it on his arm. With a smirk he turned to Fluttershy.

“You’re not half bad kid. Why don’t you tag along? It seems like that you could use a little help. Take this.” He said, tossing her his shotgun. “It’s better than using that old thing, besides you’ll injure my reputation if you kill demons with such an old weapon. What is a strange creature like you doing here anyways?” He said, pointing to her bow.

“I found myself here when I woke up. I heard from some weird guy that a demon called Vergil is trying to open the gates to hell. Is it true?” She said with sad eyes.

“We-”

**** **** **** ****

At that moment the Library door opened with a bang, making everypony jump. Spike had gotten back from grocery shopping earlier than usual. He was out of breath, as if he had just finished a marathon.

“What’s wrong Spike?” Twilight asked.

“I-It’s Gilda. She’s back.” He responded before collapsing from over-exhaustion. Dash looked worried as she turned to her friends.

In the distance they could just make out Gilda’s loud, angry voice busy insulting somepony again. Fluttershy looked to her friends and walked out the door. Everypony followed except for Twilight who took Spike up to the second floor to lie him down.

“Hah! These ponies are just as pathetic and lame as the last time I was here. You call this fresh?!” She shouted at Carrot Top, who ran off screaming. “You call these flowers?! I've seen better looking compost win flower competitions!” She shouted at Roseluck who burst into tears. Gilda’s bodyguards laughed as Roseluck ran off.

“Hey Gilda! Leave them alone!” A voice rang out behind her. Dash was standing with her friends. “Why are you so nasty towards ponies?!”

“So, Lame-bow Crash is here to save the day? Look who’s here with you! Dear snivelling, pathetic Fluttershy.” Gilda sneered. Fluttershy smirked. “Why are you smiling?”

“I am not the same as I used to be when we first met.” She responded.

“You mean when I made you cry like the pathetic, lame and stupid pony that you are? Please, you can talk all you want but it will be just that… only talk.” She said matter-of-factly.

“Gilda! I will not have you insult my friends!” Dash shouted.

“What about me Dash?! I was your friend and you abandoned me!” Gilda shouted back.

“It wasn’t my fault your parents left for the Griffon Empire! That was their decision! I tried for days, trying to convince them to stay. I went there every day after Junior Speedster Flight Camp! In the end they didn’t change their minds, it was the worst day of my life when I watched you leave.”

“W-well that still doesn’t change the fact that you took your friends’ side!” Gilda snapped.

“That was because you were falsely accusing Pinkie Pie for setting up all those pranks!” Dash snapped back, getting right up to Gilda’s beak.

“Hah! Did you know I'm now an ambassador for the Griffon Empire? The job comes with some nice perks… including diplomatic immunity.” Dash turned to Twilight who had caught up with everypony. She sighed deeply as she gave the short explanation.

“It basically means she can do whatever she wants and we can't do anything about it.” She deadpanned.

“You can't be serious?!” Dash furiously shouted.

“Afraid it is Dash. You can't touch me!” Gilda laughed. Fluttershy came up to Gilda and pulled out one of Gilda’s feathers. She shrieked in pain.

“How dare you!” She screeched.

“What are you going to do about it?” Fluttershy remarked, her expression stone cold. Gilda was visibly fuming with rage.

“I’ll pound you into paste you little cretin!!” She creamed but then her expression softened but grew dark just after as she began to smile wickedly. “Why should I dirty my claws when I have bodyguards to do it for me? Boys! Teach this annoyance not to mess with griffons.”

The four armoured guards walked up to Fluttershy who pretended to cower in front of them.

“Ha! I knew you were all talk!” Gilda sneered. “Well what are you ingrates waiting for?! An engraved invitation?!”

The most experienced guard walked forward and lifted his one claw, ready to strike. As he brought his claw down, Fluttershy smiled. He had brought his claw down with so much force that he created a small indentation in the ground. Everyone looked around but Fluttershy wasn’t there.

“Up here!” Came a voice… it was Fluttershy! All four of her hooves began to emanate a bright white light. After a few seconds parts of the light faded, creating a pair of silver gauntlets and greaves. They had lines of white light running down them.

“Get her!” Gilda shouted.

Before the griffons could fly up, Fluttershy smashed into one with her right hind hoof with so much force it created a four metre wide crater around the griffon. He was knocked out cold from Fluttershy’s kick. Without waiting for the others to react, Fluttershy leaped off the defeated griffon’s body and spun herself in several circles like a wheel (Vergil’s Lunar Phase), smashing the one griffon several times on his head and forcing him to the floor.

He refrained from rising and Fluttershy turned her gaze to the other two still able to fight. The moment they saw that killer look in her eyes they raised their claws in surrender. Gilda’s anger reached boiling point. Alliance or no alliance, she was not going to have her report on visiting Ponyville saying her guards were beaten by a single Pegasus.

“You're all useless, pathetic wastes of feathers, the lot of you!! I’ll do it myself!” She said, grabbing one of the fallen guards’ weapons: a mace.

As she readied to strike at Fluttershy, a greave caught her in the face. Her face contorted in pain as she flew backwards from the impact. She collided with Roseluck’s flower stall, crushing it and her flowers. She got up in time to see Fluttershy’s gauntlet collide with her face.

“This is for falsely accusing Pinkie Pie!” Fluttershy kicked Gilda in the stomach, causing her to rise up off the ground slightly. “This is for insulting Dash!” She used an uppercut, the force of which caused her to rise into the air with Gilda (Dante’s Rising Dragon). “This is for ruining Pinkie’s party she made just for you!” She then smashed Gilda with an overhead haymaker (Dante’s Hammer). As Gilda fell Fluttershy launched herself at her target, striking her with her hind hoof (Vergil’s Starfall/ Dante’s Killer Bee). Gilda collided with the ground with so much force that not only did Fluttershy create a six metre wide crater but she also created a griffon shaped hole inside the crater.

“And that was for making me cry.” She said, her face nearly touching Gilda’s – now almost broken – face. She had several large bruises covering her body. If Gilda wasn’t such a great athlete she would have had been killed. Fluttershy raised her left hoof, looking as if she was preparing for the finishing blow.

“I-I'm sorry! J-just please no more! No more!” Gilda cried out, tears rolling down her face. Fluttershy dropped her hoof and the light encased gauntlets disappeared in a flash of the same white light that brought them into existence.

Dash walked over to Gilda’s bruised body and raised her hoof to her.

“Gilda please, I would like things to go back to the way things were. I want you to be the friend I once knew back at school. I want that Gilda back.” She said with a tear in her eyes.

Gilda thought about Dash’s words for a short while and just as Dash was about to withdraw her hoof, Gilda grabbed it with her claw. Dash smiled as she helped Gilda climb out of the crater.

Gilda looked over at Fluttershy with genuine fear on her face. Dash looked to Gilda with a small smile.

“Come on Gilda, I’ll take you to my place.” Dash said.

“I’ll come too and help.” Fluttershy said.

“Why would you help me?” Gilda protested.

“You just needed to learn a lesson. I won't beat you up again unless I need to teach you again.” Fluttershy said, looking at Gilda with a small smile.

“Don’t sweat it Gilda. Fluttershy isn't one to go against her word. Come on now.” Dash said as she and Fluttershy carried Gilda to Dash’s home, followed – from a great distance – by her guards.

**** **** **** ****

Meanwhile in Las Pegasus a few Changeling scouts were trying to sneak through the once bustling gambling and performance capital of Equestria. ‘Trying’ being the operative word since their movements were being watched from a rooftop above. A blue unicorn with a wand Cutie Mark was standing on said rooftop, levitating one of her firework launchers. She aimed at the Changelings and fired.

There was a huge explosion of red and green sparks as the improvised weapon hit its mark. The Changelings screamed and ran as Trixie Lulamoon picked up several more launchers and fired a barrage of fireworks at them as they retreated.

She didn’t give chase as she had been at this for weeks now, keeping Las Pegasus safe from the Changelings with a few other mares and stallions. Despite their efforts, they have been losing more territory to the Changelings each day. They could repel a good number of Changelings but once an Elite showed up, the battle became one-sided. Trixie managed to kill an Elite once but it nearly killed her in the attempt.

As she returned back to the temporary Headquarters the group had set up in a casino, Trixie was relieved that it was till standing. A green unicorn with a pale blue mane and tail came running up to her, carrying a scroll.

“That is Princess Celestia’s seal. I wonder what she could want?” Trixie said softly as she opened it.

**** **** **** ****

“Pinkie! Do you know how long it took me to build this place?!” Dash shouted as Pinkie clutched to Kalina Ann’s handle.

“About four days; six hours; thirty-four minutes and seventeen seconds to be exact!” Pinkie cried out. “But that’s not why I am here. We are going to be late for the Wub and Cello! Hurry up you slow ponies!” She said, lowering herself back down through the hole she made. The bayonet soon got yanked out the ceiling and took a chunk out of it too.

“Oh my gosh I totally forgot!” Dash shouted. She flew over to her cupboard and tossed her guitar to Fluttershy. Gilda’s expression changed to one of utter shock as she looked at the guitar.

“You still have the guitar I got for you before I left?” She said. Dash looked slightly embarrassed, rubbing the back of her head with her hoof.

“Yeah, I never got rid of it, it stayed in my cupboard for years. I only took up lessons on how to play it a year ago. I didn’t want to use it since it constantly reminded me of the friend I lost so many years back. I couldn’t deal with the pain anymore so I left it in there.” Dash said with a tear falling down her face.

Gilda got up and limped over to Dash, wiping her tear away. “Come on now, where is the Rainbow Dash I used to know? The mare that would stare down bullies bigger than her and still kick their cans? The mare that was the first to perform a Sonic Rainboom as a filly? Where is the mare that would charge an opponent at mach one and worry about the consequences later?”

“I'm still here. I never changed Gilda, you did.” Dash replied, smiling softly. “Fluttershy if you tell anypony…”

“Tell them what Dash? I was busy tuning the guitar.” She replied innocently but she wore an evil grin as she spoke.

“Thanks Fluttershy. Now Gilda, you stay here and rest while we go.” Dash said.

“Where are you going anyway?” Gilda asked.

“The Wub and Cello. It’s a new club that Vinyl Scratch and Octavia set up. The layout is awesome and we’re headlining the grand opening.” Dash responded. Fluttershy looked up at the two friends.

“The only problem is we don’t have a drummer.” She said flatly.

“Well count me in! I used to dabble with drums before joining up with politics.” Gilda said.

“What about your wing? I damaged it quite badly, I don’t think you could use it.” Gilda nodded at Fluttershy’s words.

“That’s true but I can use my tail instead. I've had some other griffons try to ‘encourage’ me to stop. That was when I learned to use it instead. Boy did I turn heads when I showed them!” Gilda laughed. “Ah! My ribs… damn that hurts.” She said, clutching her sides.

The three met up with Pinkie on the ground and together they went to the Wub and Cello.

Noteworthy was waiting for them outside the back entrance, nervously looking around. The moment he saw them, his expression lightened up considerably.

“Where have you been?! Vinyl can only keep the crowd sated for so long! Who is this?” He said, turning his attention to the wounded Gilda.

“I'm the drummer.” She deadpanned.

“Perfect! Get in, get in!” He waved the four of them in. As they walked through backstage they found everything was set up but the sound of Vinyl’s turntables seemed off. They sounded as if it was coming from above them. Brushing it off, the group got set. Fluttershy plugged in the electric guitar while Dash threw her bat hair clip in the air. Gilda got a shock when it became a swarm of bats that turned into Nevan.

“Nice Dash. How did you get that?” Gilda inquired. Dash pointed at Fluttershy. “Decent trade if you ask me.”

Pinkie came up to Gilda with a set of papers. “Read this, its what you need to play on the drums for the songs we are going to do.”

Octavia came up with a clipboard and a stern look on her face. “Right, Neon Lights has gone to inform Vinyl that you have arrived. She is going to play one last song as you all enter the stage area, which is above you.” She said, pointing up at the ceiling.

“Well that explains the music sounding off.” Gilda remarked. Octavia brushed off her comment and continued.

“You have just a few minutes to get ready and good luck!” She said as she walked off.

“Think you can learn the notes in just a few minutes G?” Dash asked. Gilda puffed out her chest and picked up her sticks.

“I was born for this Dash!” She said with pride.

Pinkie finished testing her microphone while Fluttershy had a headset microphone on her head so she could still play. Dash didn’t need to tune Nevan, she couldn’t since the guitar didn’t have any areas to adjust and since the strings were lightning she decided it was best to not mess with it.

The gang heard this song playing above them as the ground below them began to rise. The floor above began to open up and they found themselves behind a red curtain. The music insanely loud from their current position but they got used to it as the song began to end. Dash turned to Fluttershy Pinkie and Gilda in turn.

“Everypony ready?” Everyone nodded their heads. Dash took a deep breath and placed her right hoof over the lightning strings as the curtain rose and the song ended. “Let’s rock!”

They opened up with this song. Vinyl was directly in front of the curtains but to their right. The area they were playing in had the same shape as an amphitheatre but it had no steps. They were playing on a raised platform, just a few inches higher than the floor. The bar was off to the group’s left, near the entrance while the bathrooms were on the other side of the room. Neon Lights had set the lights to flash on and off; rotate and change colour in sync with the song. Everypony was a little nervous at first, seeing Gilda playing drums.

Soon the short song ended and the group began playing the second. As Pinkie opened up the lyrics her mane and tail instantly deflated. Her voice became frightfully deep.

”Steal a soul for a second chance.” She began, several ponies screamed at the rapid change in her. As the song progressed, they relaxed and gathered it was just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie.

“Bless me with the leaf off of the tree” Fluttershy began to sing, her voice only changing slightly. The crowd finally relaxed enough to have a good time, they danced, drank and Screw Loose had another epileptic fit and was taken to the Ponyville Hospital… her doctor did warn her about rapidly blinking lights.

”Black night, dark sky, the devil’s cry.” Fluttershy sang while Pinkie finished her side of the vocals.

”But you will never become a man.”

The group then went on to their third and final song. Pinkie’s mane was till flat but her voice didn’t sound demonic any longer.

”Standing where I should be.” She began. The room burst with even more energy, ponies were shouting and screaming their names, some even shouted Gilda’s name.

”Chaaaase after time, chaaaase after time.”

As Pinkie finished singing and her mane physically puffed back up with the sound of a balloon being instantly pumped. Everypony waved and bowed to the crowd who were ecstatically cheering their names. The platform they were standing on then proceeded to lower itself back down with the group still on it.

Octavia and Vinyl came up to them just as Dash put the bat hair clip in her mane. They were both grinning from ear to ear.

“Thanks dudes!” Vinyl said, shaking Dash’s hoof so violently she thought it was going to fly off her shoulder. “We were packed to the rafters thanks to you! Now if you’ll excuse me, I've got several bottles of alcohol playing my song!” With that she ran off in the direction of the stairs.

“Don’t mind her, she is just overjoyed by the fact that her club is back and that you all helped her.” Octavia said with a small smile. “We made quite a bit of bits and the night is still young. Thanks again for your help.”

After the group left the club Gilda turned to Dash.

“Look Dash, even though it was pretty rad jamming with you, I'm afraid I have to get back to Canterlot. I am still a representative for the Griffon Empire. Although I will stop being a hard case with them and reach a compromise with them. After all this is over how about I get you a drink?”

“Sure G. I'm just glad I have my friend back.” She said, shaking Gilda’s good claw with her hoof. Gilda’s guards helped to carry her back to Canterlot. Pinkie ran off to Sugarcube corner to look after Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake.

**** **** **** ****

Nearing Canterlot, an exhausted and bleeding Spitfire could be seen in the distance. The guards got to her in time to hear her mutter one word before she lost consciousness: ‘Changeling’.

**** **** **** ****

Nearing the outskirts of the Everfree Forest a mysterious bipedal figure was about to enter the dangerous, unforgiving place. His blue coat easily visible in the light of Luna’s moon, he was holding onto a katana with a white handle in his left hand. Its sheathe had a long yellow ribbon attached to it. what was strange was the briefcase he was carrying in his right hand.

It was a near black colour with a pulsating yellow light running down the black lines adorning the sides. In the centre of the case was a skull with glowing eyes surrounded by what seemed like wings, arranged in a circular pattern around it.

As he neared the dense forest he placed the case down and reached for the gold pendant around his neck. The large red gem in the centre was glowing slightly and as he turned around it began to glow brighter before glowing dimmer. He turned back to where it glowed the brightest.

“So she is that way. I expected someplace more… civilised, I guess that portal Dante and I opened was defective.” He deadpanned. He picked the briefcase back up and walked on into the Everfree.

Author's Note:

This is the longest chapter I have ever done. Enjoy! Oh and that competition in the interlude is over as of now. I did warn you all.