• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 4,399 Views, 722 Comments

Dovahshy May Cry - Draconis187



Fluttershy has disappeared, heralding the fall of Equestria as the Changelings invade. The yellow mare has returned after a year of absence to set things right but the Changelings are just the beginning.

  • ...
26
 722
 4,399

Welcome to Hell

Dovahshy May Cry
Welcome to Hell
Author: Draconis187

Two weeks have passed since Fluttershy’s return. She tried to train so her skills wouldn’t dull as often as she could but it meant she had less time to spend with her friends. They brushed off her absence as her way of saying she needed time to readjust to coming home. Pinkie threw a ‘thanks for saving us otherwise we would be stuck in green goop FOREVER’ party the day after Fluttershy was discharged from the hospital. The festivities lasted two days and the cake they made for her was a storey tall.

Pinkie and Rainbow had been pestering their friends to get Fluttershy to finish her story since Fluttershy didn’t want the others to miss out. So far Baral and Fluttershy had fought several dragons; learnt several Shouts; became members of the Blades; met the leader of the Greybeards: the dragon Paarthurnax and learnt the dragon responsible was called Alduin. This was amongst her multiple tales of dungeon raiding. The duo had made an impression on Skyrim but whether it was for the better, one couldn’t truly say with absolute certainty.

“I have to ask Fluttershy. That Elder Scroll you brought back with you…” Twilight inquired as the group sat a table in Sugarcube Corner, all of them had milkshakes in front of them. “Is it the same one that sent you to Skyrim?”

“Yes, yes it is.” Fluttershy responded as she took a sip of her milkshake. “We found it in a hermit’s home along the river some time back. The hermit seemed to have been killed by some form of rabid animal, judging by the marks he had all over his body. I didn’t realise it at the time but it was soon after we found it… that my adventure in Skyrim ended.”

**** **** **** ****

“So we now have an Elder Scroll for Paarthurnax.” Baral said as the duo climbed the 7000 steps once again. Fluttershy nodded her head. The blizzard was still going strong along the mountainside but it stopped bothering them after the third trip back.

Fluttershy had long since replaced the armour she broke during the fight with Sahloknir. She wore a modified version of Ebony armour. It was only modified in the sense it would be able to fit her body shape since it was originally made for a bipedal creature in mind.

“I guess so. Thanks again for the swords.” Fluttershy responded. She was carrying two enchanted Ebony greatswords and a normal Ebony dragger. Baral had also gotten her an Ebony Composite Bow.

“You're welcome Fluttershy. I’m just glad Eorlund allowed me use the Skyforge to re-forge them and Farengar was more than happy to enchant them for me. So, do you really think that Elder Scroll is yours?” Baral replied with a small smile.

“Yes, or at least I think it is. I’m not too sure. Although it feels like it is.” She said as she held the golden scroll.

The two adventurers walked through High Hrothgar and greeted the Greybeards as they passed. The trip to the Throat of the World was filled with them recounting their latest adventures together, complimenting each other on how they reacted to the various situations they found themselves in. Once they reached the top they greeted the wise, old dragon who was sat on a large, slightly broken wall.

“Paarthurnax, we brought the Scroll.” Baral said, presenting the Scroll to him.

“Yes, that is truly what we need. Hold on… krosis. As much as it is an Elder Scroll, I do not believe it is from this world, like your friend here is.” He spoke slowly and monotonously. The duo could hear sadness in his voice as he turned to Fluttershy. “Although, I think that if you were to use it on the Time-Wound, it may send you home.”

Fluttershy and Baral were shocked, Fluttershy could go home! She would be able to see her friends again and forget this whole nightmare. As she thought about it, she realised she would be leaving Baral to fight Alduin on his own. While she was lost in thought, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Go Fluttershy, I’ll be fine. Don’t worry so much, I’ll just find another Elder Scroll. Now don’t give me that look.” He said, seeing Fluttershy’s sad expression. “I’ll just get Lydia or Delphine to help me out if I need it. This though, it may be your only chance to go home. Here, take this before you go.”

Baral gave Fluttershy a small ornate cross attached to a simple necklace. Fluttershy remembered seeing a few with Baral on their treks through Skyrim: an Amulet of Talos. These were banned by the Aldmeri Dominion since they banned all forms of Talos worship. Fluttershy put it around her neck with a weak smile on her face.

“I-I’m sorry. T-thank you Baral, f-for everything.” She said as the two hugged each other. Fluttershy was crying, she was going home but it meant she would be losing a good friend.

As Fluttershy entered the area the Time-Wound was, she took out the Elder Scroll and turned around to see Baral for the last time. He just nodded at her, she knew it was for the best and there was no telling if she would ever get this opportunity ever again. She opened the scroll and the area around the Time-Wound lit up from the blinding white light coming from the scroll. As the light faded, Fluttershy and the scroll were gone. Baral sighed and turned to Paarthurnax.

“Right, do you know where I can find another Scroll?” He inquired…

**** **** **** ****

“So ya’ll came home after that right?” Applejack asked. Fluttershy shook her head.

“The next place I woke up in looked like a ruined building. I wouldn’t have survived there for very long if it wasn’t for three people.” She responded, her voice filled with pain as she recounted her adventure in the next world.

**** **** **** ****

“Wh-where am I?” Fluttershy asked softly to nopony as she got up off the ground. She dusted herself off and found the Scroll a few metres away from her. As she walked up to it a humanoid monster with blood red eyes, carrying a large scythe appeared to bar her way.

As it came towards her, she pulled out her greatswords and got ready. It swung at her with the scythe but Fluttershy swung her lightning blade with her left forehoof and cut off the scythe’s blade, sending it straight to the floor with a clang. As she did that, she impaled the Pride in its chest area with the fire blade which was in her right forehoof. As the pride roared at her she swung the lightning blade and severed the Pride’s head. The Pride then turned to sand and fell into a pile on the ground.

“What was that?” She asked out loud.

“A demon.” A voice replied.

“Who’s there?!” she shouted, raising her blades in a battle stance. As she turned to face the voice, a strange man appeared.

The man wore a black suit and carried a book in his left hand, close to his chest. His eyes were different colours. One was blue and the other was red. His face looked like a burn mark, but it pulsated from time to time. He walked up to her calmly.

“Yes, a demon. A creature brought forth from the depths of Hell itself. That particular one is called a Hell Pride and represents one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Who or what are you?”

“I-I'm Fluttershy, a-a Pegasus from Ponyville.”

**** **** **** ****

“You told him where you lived?!” Twilight gasped. She was about to protest as to how that was a terrible idea but the looks Rainbow and Pinkie gave her stopped her. Fluttershy took a few sips of her milkshake before continuing.

**** **** **** ****

“I am Arkham. You are in the Temen-ni-gru. It is a tower designed to bridge the gap between the Human World and the Demon World. You shouldn’t be here, I suggest you leave. Now.” Arkham said in a flat tone to Fluttershy as he bowed to her.

“What’s happening here?” She asked.

“A demon is trying to open the gateway to Hell. I suggest you leave now, there is nothing a ‘pony’ like you can do to stop Vergil.”

**** **** **** ****

“So what did you do dear?” Rarity asked.

“I flew past him and tried to find my way through the tower in search of this ‘Vergil’. I knew that it wasn’t my world but still, I was there and so I had to at least try.” Fluttershy responded. “Oh, sorry girls I have to get going. Angel has been getting very anxious whenever I'm gone for too long so I had better get home.”

“Aw, poor Angel. Come back tomorrow so we can hear more, okay?” Pinkie said with a small disappointed look on her face.

As Fluttershy left, Rainbow decided to follow her. She noticed along the way that Fluttershy was not taking her usual route to her cottage. As she hid behind a bush she spoke to herself under her breath.

“What could she be up to?”

“Dunno, isn't it fun?!” Pinkie said, causing Rainbow to leap into the air.

“Pinkie! What do you think you’re doing?” Rainbow said softly but with an annoyed tone. She flew back down into the bush as quickly as possible to avoid being seen by Fluttershy.

“Duh! I'm following Fluttershy, same as you silly.” She replied with a smile.

"Ok but just keep it down, alright?" Rainbow asked. Pinkie nodded her head so hard Rainbow could swear she heard Pinkie's head rattle.

**** **** **** ****

As the two friends were following Fluttershy, a disaster had struck Canterlot. The two sisters were talking to each other in the throne room with panic in their voices, which was scaring the guards standing outside.

“What are we going to tell her?” Luna asked, her face looking as if she was on the verge of tears.

“I don’t know Luna, I don’t even know how it happened.” Celestia responded.

The Royal Armourer had gone missing. The worrying part is that he went missing just after he was given Fluttershy’s Ebony greatswords to study. The sisters learned the day after that the real Royal Armourer was actually still trapped in the Canterlot Caves. This report scared the sisters as they realised they were deceived.

“We will have to tell her sister. We don’t really have a choice but if I know Fluttershy, she will forgive our mistake.” Luna said, trying to comfort Celestia who was silently crying.

“But that was the old Fluttershy sister. How do we know she is still the same one we all knew and loved?”

“I could see it in her eyes, her actions may have been unsavoury, given her nature but we both know they were necessary. It will be fine.” Luna said, hugging her sister.

“I hope you're right Luna, I hope you're right.”

**** **** **** ****

The Changeling posing as the Royal Armourer had finally reached Fillydelphia. It was an exhausting trip, flying all that way whilst carrying a pair of very heavy swords. This Changeling wasn’t very strong physically but it was one of the best shapeshifters in the Changeling army. It had to avoid every pony town along the way as the weapons would have drawn too much unwanted attention.

It reached Fillydelphia City Centre where King Clavus had unceremoniously made his residence until he took over more befitting accommodations. He was going over several maps and reports on the Crystal Empire.

“We will attack at dawn in three days. Rotate the attacking Changelings every five hours until we breach the shield. I doubt we will have to keep it up for too long, Crystal Ponies are fragile in terms of – why are you interrupting me?! This had better be good pawn!” Clavus shouted. He hated being disturbed when he was talking, strategising, or pretty much whenever, he hated the sound of everyone’s voice other than his own.

“S-sir. I have brought you these…” the Changeling says, fear written on its face and body. It was so afraid it was visibly shaking as it presented Fluttershy’s weapons.

“What am I looking at pawn?! Tell me!” Clavus boomed.

“T-these are two of the weapons a Pegasus used, s-sir. She was the one who saved the Princesses and the Bearers of the Elements. She was also… the one w-who k-killed Her Majesty.” Clavus’ eyes widened at the news.

“And what – prey tell – is her name?” He said more softly but his voice sounded more menacing as he walked up towards the shaking pile of flesh that was a Changeling.

“F-F-F… l-lut…t-ter…shy sir. H-her n-name i-is Flu-Flu-tter-tter-shy.”

“Her name is Fluttershy?” Clavus said with disbelief. “Not only did a pony kill my wife, the assailant was a mare as well?!” His voice was now booming once again. “But you did do me a service by bringing me these. For your brave deeds you shall be rewarded.”

He gestured for the Changeling to follow him. They walked further into the City Centre and stopped once they reached their makeshift Armoury. There were a multitude of weapons of varying style, size and purpose. It felt like it had just won unlimited access to the Royal Family’s Love source.

As it looked around it began to feel cold and weak. It turned around and saw the two blades it stole sticking out of its back. He saw the face of its King: there was no care, no remorse. The king didn’t even flinch as he noticed a genuine tear fall down the Changeling’s face.

“Why my King? Why?” Those were its final words as its life was extinguished by a horizontal slice with the fire sword, taking off its head.

The King said nothing. Instead he just walked out with his new prizes. The Changeling was left there to forever rot, in the Royal Armoury. The King returned to his maps and reports.

“Now, as I was saying…”

**** **** **** ****

Fluttershy got to her clearing and took out Nevan. As she began to play, her ‘audience’ were enraptured by the bats that came out of nowhere and circled her. Every once in a few notes Fluttershy strung all the strings at once, which sent some of the bats out in front of her. The bats looked as if they were carrying lightning in the space between them.

Before the two’s eyes, Fluttershy switched to Nevan’s scythe and swung it around, leaving a trail of lightning as she did so. She then threw it into the air and pulled out the demon sword brothers: Agni and Rudra.

“SU GRAH DUN!!” She shouted as her swings became a blur of fire and wind. She sliced the air, sending shockwaves of fire and air in front of her. As Nevan began to fall back down to earth she slammed the blades into the ground, sending a trail of fire and air across the ground. It left the earth scorched a charcoal black colour. Fluttershy put Agni and Rudra away and caught Nevan just as it was about to hit her. In one movement from catching Nevan, she slammed the scythe into the dirt and it sent a shockwave of lightning, cracking the scorched earth apart whilst sending a wave of bats behind it.

“That was awesome!!” Rainbow said as she came out of the bushes, followed by Pinkie Pie.

“Yup! That was super-duper spectacularly awesomely brilliant!” Pinkie cried out.

Fluttershy got a fright and accidentally dropped Nevan, causing all the remaining bats to disperse.

“W-what are you doing here?” She squeaked.

“We were going to ask you the same thing until we saw you in action. Those moves were incredible!” Rainbow said with a smug grin.

“Thanks Rainbow, Pinkie.” Fluttershy said sheepishly.

“Is it possible to teach anypony to use that?” Rainbow asked, pointing at Nevan. Fluttershy thought for a moment and placed Nevan in Rainbow’s hooves.

“Well, how about we start with the basics?” Fluttershy asked. “Do you know how to use a guitar?”

“Yup! Dashie took up guitar lessons ever since you left to help cope with you being gone.” Said Pinkie, hugging Rainbow tightly and ignoring the fact the Nevan’s lightning strings was making her mane stand on end.

“Pinkie! Why’d you have to go and tell Fluttershy that for?!” Rainbow protested. She looked at Fluttershy for a moment and sighed. “But she’s right, I have been taking lessons and I've gotten pretty good.”

“That’s good. That means all I have to teach you is how to use the scythe part of the guitar, as well as the other differences between this and a regular electric guitar.” Fluttershy said, patting Nevan on the side. “Let’s first get your guitar and we can start.”

“Here you go!” Pinkie said, handing Fluttershy a dark blue Gibson Explorer electric guitar.

“Uh, thanks Pinkie.” Fluttershy said with a nervous grin. She knew it was best to not ask how she did that. She turned to Rainbow and slung the guitar around her neck. “Let’s start with something simple…”

**** **** **** ****

Meanwhile back in Canterlot, the Princesses were in the Canterlot Gardens. They were awaiting the arrival of a representative from the Griffon Empire.

“Do you know who this griffon is Tia?” Luna asked.

“I’m afraid I don’t and please don’t call me that when we are meeting dignitaries from other Empires.” Celestia responded with a bit of annoyance in her voice.

“Ok I won't call you that when the dignitary arrives. I Pinkie Promise.” She said with a snigger. Celestia looked at Luna for a second before the pair shared a small laugh.

The Princesses then saw one of their guards being followed by five figures. As they got closer, the sisters recognised the shapes as griffons. The delegation soon landed in front of them, they consisted of four armoured guards and the representative. She walked up the Princesses and bowed.

“Sup, sorry I mean, greetings Your Highnesses, I am the representative from the Griffon Empire, here to speak about a possible alliance to help deal with the Changelings that are threatening all of our borders. My name is Gilda.” She said with a slight air of arrogance in her voice.

I have a bad feeling about this. Luna thought.

Author's Note:

Right, Skyrim is gone. Next up: Fluttershy's adventures in the Temen-ni-gru!