• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 4,399 Views, 722 Comments

Dovahshy May Cry - Draconis187



Fluttershy has disappeared, heralding the fall of Equestria as the Changelings invade. The yellow mare has returned after a year of absence to set things right but the Changelings are just the beginning.

  • ...
26
 722
 4,399

Bringing Down the House

Dovahshy May Cry
Bringing Down the House
Author: Draconis187

Celestia’s face had the word ‘shock’ written all over it as the God of Chaos stood in front of her. “Discord?!”

“That’s me Celly! Come give Dissy a hug.” He said as he teleported to her and gave her a hug with a genuine smile on his face. “Oh and these are the friends I’ve made during my involuntary vacation. The oversized handbag and his owner, I just met a few minutes ago.”

Dante and Baral managed to get off Odahviing and looked at the growing group of onlookers as everypony began to climb up on the deck. Fluttershy’s eyes bulged as she flew up to Baral, hugging the Redguard tightly in her hooves.

“It’s so good to see you!” She said with joy. “How did you get to Equestria?”

“It had something to do a Hellgate being connected to all of our worlds, Fluttershy.” Dante said with a smirk. “No hug for me?”

Before Fluttershy could answer, a pair of pink hooves grabbed Dante in a huge hug from behind him. He turned around to find Pinkie’s blue eyes mere inches from his own.

“I’ll hug you!” She said gleefully. “I love giving hugs… and parties! Lots and lots of parties! I know, I’ll do a ‘Fluttershy reunited with old friends party’ and then we’ll do a ‘Discord has returned party’ oh, oh and, and then-”

Discord snapped his fingers and Pinkie’s lips zipped shut. “Pinkie, I only just got back and these three need a chance to adjust to the change in scenery.” Pinkie looked rather down as he teleported to her. “But I’ll take you up on your party for me though.”

Pinkie just beamed as she rocketed into the airship to prepare. Odahviing just looked on at the scene unfolding in front of him as Dante and Vergil began to talk about their experiences since they parted, Discord and Celestia went over how he vanished and returned. Lastly Baral was talking to Fluttershy while the others just looked on.

“I see you kept the Amulet of Talos I gave you. I am glad you managed to return to your friends.” He said with a grin.

Fluttershy smiled at him. “Thanks, it comes in handy. Who is that behind you?” She asked, pointed to the dragon.

“Drem Yol Lok Shy of Flutters. I am Odahviing.” The red dragon said.

“Shy of Flutters? Oh, nonono my name is Fluttershy Mister Odahviing.” She said as his greeting was rather lost on her.

“Drem Yol Lok is a greeting in Dragon, Fluttershy.” Baral explained as the Dragon nodded his head.

“Why is he with you? What happened with Alduin? Aren’t the dragons terrorizing Skyrim?” Fluttershy asked, worried that his absence would be detrimental to Skyrim’s safety.

“Fear not Fluttershy. The World Eater is no more thanks to the Dovahkiin.” Odahviing stated as he looked out into the distance.

“Really? That’s great to hear. I knew you could do it.” Fluttershy smiled as everypony was beginning to go back into the Arbiter. “Uh, Bloodwing?”

The old Griffon turned around as he neared the entrance. “Yeah, pony?”

“Do you have somewhere for Odahviing to sleep?” She asked as she realised the dragon is too big to go down the hatch.

Bloodwing scratched his chin for a second as he thought before cracking a grin. “Revengeance. Just wait a few minutes and you’ll see what I mean.”

He went down into the ship and for a few seconds it was quiet, relatively since the wind was howling past them as the fleets still flew towards the Crystal Empire. The ‘silence’ was broken as Bloodwing’s shouting echoed from the open hatch. The deck they stood on rocked a bit as the blast doors shielding the Revengeance Cannon opened up. Odahviing didn’t need an engraved invitation as he entered the cannon’s home. It was luckily large enough to safely hold him.

“We had best join the others.” Baral said as the blast doors closed and sealed the dragon inside.

The two of them entered the ship which impressed the Redguard who only had Dwemer ruins as a small reference point to the scenery around him. The ship had an almost cosy feeling to it despite the age old paranoia that a Dwemer Spider or something was ready to jump him from around the corner. As he and Fluttershy joined the rest on the bridge, he was further impressed. Not by the technology around him but the level of dedication the Griffons gave off from their posts as they handed reports and muttered a few orders.

“Well, it looks like you lovebirds finally decided to join us.” Bloodwing mused as he turned to address the duo.

“Wha? No, I’m afraid you have the incorrect perception of me.” Baral said while Fluttershy just blushed. “I’m merely a friend of hers.”

“She told us of your adventures together, Mister Baral.” Twilight said with a smile but she got a confused look from Nyx. “I’ll tell you what she told us. We better head off somewhere quiet though, it is quite a long story.”

“Use room 213 on Deck 4. I went and assigned several rooms there to your group before we took off so we know where to find you. Can’t have you wandering willy-nilly, you understand.” Bloodwing said. “Gilda! Make yourself useful for once in your life and show them their quarters!”

Gilda scoffed. “Fine then you retarded excuse for a Griffon! Follow me.”

Bloodwing quickly realised something and turned back to the leaving group. “Oh, Miss Applejack one small thing: Clunker is already in your quarters and by what my men are saying, he’s getting antsy.”

“Mighty kind of ya. Ah’ll get the tyke ta settle don’t ya worry bout a thing.” She replied with a smile.

Dante just looked confused. “Clunker? Who is that?”

Twilight turned to Dante. “He’s a demon that Applejack owns.”

Dante just chuckled. “A pony owning a demon, now I’ve heard everything. What kind of demon is he?”

“A large spider whose body is composed primarily of rock would be the most accurate description. He can spit rocks at his targets as well.” Twilight replied.

“Kyklops. They are a pain to fight when in numbers.” Dante said with a sigh as he recalled the events of Mallet Island. “Congrats on taming him I guess but I don’t trust demons.”

“I thought you were a demon, both you and Vergil.” Twilight responded.

“True but my pain in the backside brother and I are only half demons.” Dante replied with a smirk.

The group walked mainly in silence as they waked down the steps towards Deck 4. Discord was moaning about Celestia making him walk instead of teleporting them all there, something about him not knowing where Deck 4 is and he might end up teleporting them into the engine room by mistake.

Gilda just ignored them as they descended into an argument revolving around Celestia being the only one who still doesn’t trust him. “Rebel, Legion this is your room.”

The two Changelings looked at each other with big grins on their faces. “Score!”

Gilda just shook her head as she continued. “Right next room… Luna and Celestia. It’s the largest of the bunch so it should fit the both of you comfortably.”

Luna nodded but rolled her eyes once she saw her sister was too deep in an argument to hear the Griffon. “Thank you Miss Gilda, I’m sure the accommodations are perfect.”

Luna pulled Celestia in by her tail, earning a squeal and a glare as they went inside. Gilda rolled her eyes. “Twilight, Nyx. Here is yours, there are a few books about Griffon technology that had been declassified last year. It should give you eggheads something to do over the next few days.”

Gilda stopped by another room and smirked at Dash. “This room is mine and Dash’s.”

Rainbow returned the smirk in earnest. “Planning on catching up properly?”

“My uncle’s idea really. I’ll meet you back in there once I’m done.” She replied as the cyan mare entered the room.

“See ya G. Awesome, you have drums!” The sound of drums being enthusiastically used echoed through the hallway as the diminishing group carried on.

“Next is Applejack’s room.” Gilda said as the sound of something breaking exited the room.

“Sounds like he’s mighty upset.” Applejack smirked as she entered. “Hiya Clunker, AJ’s home.”

The sound of a mare getting hoofball tackled rang through the hallway as the others couldn’t suppress a smirk. Gilda stopped again by another room. “Baral, this is your room. There is a line that can reach the Revengeance Cannon if you want to talk to your dragon friend. Why there is a direct line to the cannon here is beyond me but it was my uncle who designed the thing.”

Baral bowed slightly. “Thank you.”

“Yeah, yeah. Don’t get so formal with me punk.” She smirked as she neared the next room. “Dante, Vergil. I don’t want any complaints.”

“If you insist.” Vergil replied callously as Dante just smirked at him. “We better get there as soon as possible.”

Gilda rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Now, Pinkie Pie and Discord, this is your room. Try not to do anything that will, I don’t know… tear the ship apart, cause a rupture in space and time. We all know how you operate.”

A halo appeared above Discord’s head as he looked hurt by Gilda’s accusation. “Who, me? I would never do such a thing. Not with Celestia being in such a bad mood anyways.

“Whatever Discord, I’m watching you.” Gilda said as Pinkie bounced into the room with glee. “Now we just have Trixie, Thunderlane, Fluttershy, Joystick, Rarity, the Wonderbolts and Broken Skies. Broken Skies, you can take this room.”

The Changeling just nodded his head and entered. “Right, Trixie and Thunderlane in this room. Joystick, you have this one. Fluttershy, you and Rarity have the one next to it while the Wonderbolts can work out who gets the rest. I’ve had enough walking around you.”

The group entered their rooms without much word between each other. Except for the Wonderbolts, Spitfire took over and paired each other up. Nyx and Twilight were fascinated by the volume of books that loomed over them but Nyx looked down and sighed deeply.

“Something wrong?” Twilight asked.

“These will not last five days.” She said, turning her frown into a smile as Twilight giggled.

Fluttershy looked at the room she was sharing with the fashionista and laid down on one of the beds. The room was shaped like a rectangle with a door to the restroom to her right, in a corner. The room was decorated with stuffed heads of creatures native to the Griffon Empire. A particular trophy had four spikes as long as her legs protruding forwards while its face was triangular in design. Despite knowing a large variety of creatures from all over the world, this one she regretfully admitted, she did not know. Rarity complained that it all looked rather dreary.

Time passed as Pinkie threw – at points literally – ideas for a celebration party once all this was done. Even Discord didn’t know where the party mare got five rolls of streamers, enough confetti to plaster their room and a rubber chicken. Nyx and Twilight had read through a quarter of the books that were given to them and the three stacks were Celestia’s height. Odahviing was actually settling rather well according to Baral while Clunker calmed down.

Rebel and Legion found a pack of playing cards and decided to play Changeling Poker. The rules were like regular Poker except the loser had to assume whatever form the other could come up with. It made for a very awkward moment when they left as Legion looked like a pink Celestia in a lime green tutu and covered in magenta spots while Rebel looked like a female Iron Will with a pink beard that trailed on the floor and his (her?) coat was purple with orange spots. Discord and Pinkie laughed their heads off (Discord took the saying literal as it rolled along the floor).

The next day was just as boring as the group couldn’t do much and when they asked to be allowed to train, Bloodwing declined. His argument was that they could tear the ship apart without meaning to and the group knew he was more or less correct with those not used to their DAT states. Fluttershy took an interest in Baral’s weapons as he sat against Odahviing’s side as the red dragon slept.

“I hope I'm not interrupting.” Fluttershy said with a smile as she entered the room.

“He’s actually a heavy sleeper. Nothing short of getting attacked will wake him up.” Baral chuckled. “What can I do for you?”

“Well, I wanted to know a bit more about the weapons you had. They are quite different than what you had when I left, especially those crossbows.” She said.

“Well, the crossbows were made by an elf if you can believe it. He uncovered how to create repeating crossbows from the Dwemer ruins in Markarth. I have a book he made about them and the other things he found in the ruins… after I removed the pests from there anyway.” Baral said as he searched his clothing for a leather bound tome.

After handing her the book, he got up and searched the bags that his dragon companion came with. “Odahviing and I made sure we made preparations for entering Oblivion so we packed food, spare weapons and armour as well as my books I got on forging. I also picked up this hammer during my travels. It’s yours if you want it.”

He pulled out a huge hammer from the bag. The head had several spikes on the sides and it was surrounded by a green aura. The centre of the sides of the weapon was a small red dot that pulsed menacingly. The dot had a stripe of red that went along the horizontal section of the hammer, pulsing in time with the dot.

“I got it as a gift from someone. It’s called Volendrung. It’s said this thing was instrumental in the founding of Hammerfell.” Baral said with pride.

“Not for me thanks, I have enough weapons as it is but I think Applejack might li-” She began to say but the airship rocked violently. The two looked at each other with wide eyes as the dragon stirred.

“It wasn’t me I swear!” Discord shouted at Celestia as the group made for the bridge.

“I know that Discord, I'm not blaming you!” She seethed back. “Bloodwing, what was that?!”

“Gustav has shown himself again.” The Admiral said with a small grin. “He really wants me dead… I'm flattered.”

In the distance, across the few clouds that separated them apart was the Ares’ Dagger and the rest of the 67th Fleet. The ships had been repaired and now Gustav was after blood. As much as it was impossible, the two Griffons’ gazes looked right into one another’s eyes with hate beyond measure.

“We need to keep going, the first city is not too far now.” Bloodwing said, not averting his gaze. “We also can’t use too much of our ordinance against them since we’ll need it. We’ll keep to countermeasures.”

“Then we go and stop him ourselves.” Twilight said, drawing the attention of everypony. “What? It’s the only plan we have right now. Discord can teleport us there in groups and we can take down the ships simultaneously. We take out the bridge’s controls and we’ll win.”

Celestia nodded and looked at the embodiment of Chaos. “Think you can handle it?”

Discord laughed. “Of course. You may be a problem if you have still been on that cake binge while I’ve been gone though.” Celestia just scowled at him as he continued to laugh. “That look is priceless!”

Joystick grabbed everypony’s attention as he began to speak in a slightly deeper voice. “Time to kick flank and chew bubblegum… and I’m all outta gum.”

“Uh, where did you get those glasses?” Twilight asked as she looked at him. The glasses were similar to the pair that Rainbow Dash likes to wear except there was small, gold lettering on the top. It said: ‘20% cooler than you’ll ever be.’

He smiled and turned his head to a certain pink mare who was sniggering. “Take a guess.”

Discord clapped his hands together and looked at everypony. “Ready everypony?”

“Just a sec mister Discord.” Baral said as he walked up to Applejack with the Daedric Warhammer. “Fluttershy said you might like this.”

“Well, that’s mighty kind of ya. Thanks.” She said, taking the hammer from Baral and placing it on her back, next to her brother’s.

“Now are you ready?” Discord asked. Everypony looked at each other as they nodded.

“Time to dive into the fireworks.” Joystick mused as he took the glasses off and threw them to Pinkie who caught them before shoving them into her mane.

“Okay, let’s play!” Discord said as he snapped his fingers and the entire group vanished.

“Good luck.” Bloodwing said with a grin.

Discord, Celestia and Luna teleported onto one of the airships and began to force their way in. Dante and Vergil appeared on top of another and Vergil wasted no time cutting into the airship with Yamato. Baral appeared on top of another ship while Odahviing appeared nearby, unsure of how he just appeared out of thin air, he attacked the airship as the griffons fired on him.

Rarity and Trixie were paired up again while Fluttershy was on her own. Applejack and Clunker were a team with Pinkie Pie while the Wonderbolts were all together as well. Joystick was with Twilight and Nyx as they shook their heads from disorientation. Gilda and Dash were together as well as Rebel, Legion and Broken Skies.

“Okay, you two stay behind me and take out any Griffons from a distance.” The Elite said as he readied his halberd and impaled it into the shell of the airship.

“No need to tell us twice.” The two said as they pulled out normal crossbows with big grins on their faces. Working alongside Elites is an honour beyond words for Changelings.

**** **** **** ****

Twilight stabbed the airship with her magenta blades until giving up as they didn’t even dent it. She was getting highly frustrated.

“What am I doing wrong?!” She cried out. “Where are you going Joystick?!”

The unicorn looked across the airship, searching. “Ah! Over here!”

Nyx and Twilight ran up to him to see he found the hatch. Taking out the dual revolver, he shot at the hinges before Nyx tore the hatch off. As they entered, Joystick gave Twilight a smug grin.

“Hail to the king, baby.”

“What?” Twilight said, taken aback by his random outburst. He just chuckled and ran down the hallway. “Why couldn’t I have had Pinkie with me? On second thought, scratch that.”

**** **** **** ****

“Here sister.” Luna said as she found the hatch as well. Celestia used her magic and melted the hatch. Discord followed the sisters, his scythe at the ready.

**** **** **** ****

“RRRR! Why does the stupid hatch have to be so hard to open from the outside, couldn’t be easy for once?!” Gilda shouted angrily as she clawed at the hatch once her halberd was doing nothing.

“Let me try G.” Dash offered, holing Nevan in scythe mode.

Gilda moved out of the way as Dash gave a short yell as she struck the hatch. The blade impaled the space between the hatch and the rest of the ship. With one pull, the blade sliced through and cut the lock, forcing the hatch to fly open.

**** **** **** ****

Fluttershy looked at the ship and readied Beowulf. With one strike she punched a hole that shook the airship, forcing the ship into a diving position before they levelled off. But the metal held fast, it was buckled beyond belief but it still barred her entry.

With a huff she pulled out Pandora and hurled it. It changed form into Grief and flew down the length of the airship, slicing through it with efficiency. As it came back, it sliced another line as Fluttershy caught it. Using one of the shuriken/boomerang’s blades, she slammed it into the ship and connected the sliced sections of the airship. With one more punch, she fell into the airship.

**** **** **** ****

“Ah can’t get this dang thing open!” Applejack said with each blow of her hammer. She even used the other hammer but to no avail, the Griffons knew how to build an airship to last. “Any ideas, Pink? Pinkie?”

She looked around and found the pink mare was nowhere to be seen. She jumped as the hatch clicked open. She readied her family’s hammer as it burst open, revealing a pink pony with cotton candy styled hair.

“Well that’s a fine way to say hi!” Pinkie said with a grin as Applejack tried to figure out how Pinkie got inside to open it up.

Applejack looked at her friend with bewilderment. “Pinkie… how?”

“Aw that’s easy. I knocked!” She said, her smile still stuck on her face.

With that, the farm pony smashed the sides of the hatch until the hole was big enough for Clunker to get in.

**** **** **** ****

“Rarity, I have an idea on getting in.” Trixie said to the fashionista as they got to the hatch.

“I’m all ears dear.” She said with a smile.

“I’ll freeze the hatch then you use those blades and blow it up. The rapid change in temperature should make the metal brittle.” The showmare said. Rarity looked at the hatch and then back at Trixie before nodding.

Trixie took Cerberus and slammed it onto the metal frame of the airship, quickly dropping the metal’s temperature down to absolute zero. Rarity pulled out several blades and ran up to the hatch. She jumped and slammed one down into the hatch. Without even touching the ground, she slammed a blade into the metal, forming a simple square made up of eight blades. One for each corner and in between each pair. She jumped again and landed next to Trixie before clapping her hooves twice. The blades detonated and the hatch flew past them.

**** **** **** ****

The Wonderbolts might have been thought of as being the least advantage, lacking the weapons that the others possessed. But what they lacked in firepower, they made up in improvising. Using a hairpin from Fleetfoot’s mane, they picked the hatch and gained entry into the airships.

**** **** **** ****

Inside the Ares’ Dagger a disfigured form of a Griffon looked at the ships being invaded. His face looked like an amalgamation of different birds fused together to form a single head. His colouration was brown while the primaries on his wings were pitch black. His chest had a gaping hole, filled with demonic energy swirling within. He looked at the bloodied, torn corpses of the Griffons inside the bridge as he looked on.

“Soon I shall have your head Bloodwing.” The monster mused with a twisted grin on its face.

**** **** **** ****

“Something is not right here Dante.” Vergil said as he looked down another empty hallway.

“Oh come on, you're just being paranoid.” Dante said with a smirk. “But I will admit this is rather creepy. We should have run into some Griffons about now.”

**** **** **** ****

“Uh, Pink. Ah got a bad feeling ‘bout all this.” Applejack said as she looked at a long, deep red blood stain. “This ain't natural.”

Pinkie looked afraid, her hooves holding onto Kalina Ann tightly. “This is no party I want to attend. Let’s get to the bridge and stop this thing.”

“Ah ain't gonna argue with ya there.” Applejack replied as the hallway became more and more blood soaked the further in they travelled.

**** **** **** ****

“Twilight!” Nyx called out as a translucent green demon grabbed Twilight and began draining her of her life force. She threw Alastor at the Soul Eater and it flew across the room before becoming impaled on the weapon as it collided with the wall. “Are you alright?”

“I feel rather woozy but I’ll be ok thanks. We need to keep our guard up around these things.” Twilight responded, smiling meekly at Nyx. “We need to keep going, the bridge can’t be too far ahead if these monsters are of any indication”

“I think you’re talking about demons.” Joystick responded as he looked around and saw several blue clouds of gas seep into the room they entered. “Keep your guard up and your heads on a swivel.”

**** **** **** ****

The Ares’ Dagger rocked violently as the large, three barrelled rocket launcher, Hatred blew a hole in the side. Fluttershy spotted a few Hell Prides and fired without thinking. After picking herself up off the floor, she pulled out her pistols and decided to keep to these until she reached the bridge.

**** **** **** ****

“What are these Discord?!” Celestia asked as a beam of yellow energy took off the leg of a Scarecrow (arm).

“Scarecrows Celly and they aren’t too happy right now!” Discord replied as he threw bananas at them. They detonated with force as they collided with the demons, sending them flying backwards.

**** **** **** ****

“Ah!!” Rarity screamed as she saw a few Blood-goyles came flying towards them from around a corner. “Their colour is a crime against the fashion world!”

“Less worrying about fashion and more trying to survive!” Trixie shouted as she slammed Cerberus into the floor, creating ice pillars to shoot out of the ground and impaling them into the ceiling.

**** **** **** ****

“Uh, I doubt basic covers demons, sir.” Rebel said as a bunch of Hell Prides, Wraths, Sloths and Gluttony’s came at them.

“We do what we must today so others may live tomorrow.” Broken Skies replied as he pointed his halberd at the demons. “For the Hive!”

**** **** **** ****

To say the Wonderbolts were not prepared to fight demons would be the biggest understatement to have been uttered the past thousand years. Wave Chill screamed like a filly and tried to fly away but Spitfire stopped him. The acrobatics team stared at their merciless opponents and struck. Their speed allowed them to hit the Assaults before they could react. As they got back to they noticed their shields had been repossessed by the Pegasi in front of them. With a war yell, they charged once more at the demons.

**** **** **** ****

Fluttershy had been slowly making her way through the Ares’ Dagger and finally reached the bridge. She had walked over the corpses of many Griffons that had fallen victim to the demons’ onslaught. As she blew the locks on the door to the bridge, she gave it a kick that left a large hoof shaped dent in the metal as it slammed open. She looked at the demon before her with disdain.

“What are you doing here?!” She shouted but the demon didn’t respond. “Answer me mister!”

The demon turned to her with a grin that made the hairs on the back of her neck stand to attention. “Hello, pretty pony. Come to play?”

The demon attacked Fluttershy with the speed of the wind but it hadn’t counted on her Shouting Whirlwind Sprint to avoid the attack. She appeared behind the demon and fired her pistols, riddling his body with bullets. He cried out in anger and opened his wings with so much force, Fluttershy collided with the screen that separated them and the world.

“Come on, this little birdy still wants to play with the pretty pony. Pretty pony, pretty pony.” It chanted, getting closer to Fluttershy.

“Sorry, playtime’s over!” She shouted as she Devil Triggered.

Fluttershy flew up to the demon with insane speed from her four wings before landing blow after blow on the demon with her claws. She threw an uppercut that launched the demon into the air with a crack as its bones shattered. She flew up and used a Killer Bee attack before firing several of her feathers at the demon. As it looked like she was about to relent, she threw one more punch at the demon’s chest. The force behind it was so great it created a ripple effect that went through the entire airship, tearing its insides apart and crushing any demons still roaming the ship.

The demon fell onto the ground, its body flaking apart as it faded from existence. It looked up at Fluttershy and smiled. “Thank you.”

Fluttershy fell out of her DAT state and looked completely shocked. The demon chuckled. “I managed to reach the Crystal Empire you know. Something there… c-corrupted me and my men, turned us into monsters but the others were too unstable and he slew them right in front of me. I-I was the only one he spared since I could take orders better than them.”

Gustav coughed as he looked at Fluttershy with demonic eyes. “I-I failed the C-Changelings. They were after the Empire so they would get noticed. The… the real reason behind this i-invasion was tied to their defeat in Canterlot.”

“What do you mean?” Fluttershy wasn’t sure what to make of this. Gustav’s body had already been reduced to his head and half his body.

“The invasion was never meant to happen in this fashion but something corrupted Chrysalis and Clavus… made them lose sight of why they ruled. T-they always put their subjects’ well being before their own… even if Chrysalis had funny ways of showing it.” Gustav said, trying to smile as his head and neck were flaking and vanishing away. “Promise me, that you’ll help them rebuild… p-promise m-”

Gustav’s body vanished as a tear fell from his face, leaving the yellow mare behind to think about what had just happened.

**** **** **** ****

“…23… 24… 25!” Gilda called out as she shot two Hell Prides and a Scarecrow (Leg) in their heads.

“28… 29… 30, come on G. I can keep this up all day!” Dash replied as her scythe tore through a Gluttony’s chest cavity before using the Distortion attack to tear through a Pride and a Lust from a distance.

“I’d like to see you try Dash!” Gilda shouted back as her halberd pierced a Vanguard’s chest.

“Oh it is so on!” Dash shouted with a grin.

**** **** **** ****

“Come on ya varmints!” Applejack said as she and Pinkie reached the bridge and smashed through. Several Kyklops came at them but Applejack and Clunker kept them at bay by smashing the hallway to make it impassable. “Ah hope there’s another way ta getting out of here Pink.”

“Don’t worry, I talked to Discord before this and he’ll get us out.” Pinkie replied cheerfully as she blew up the controls with her rocket launcher, sending a feedback loop through the circuits, causing major malfunctions throughout the airship.

**** **** **** ****

“Hold on.” Discord said stopping as he rolled up the fur on his arm, revealing a watch with a rather large face. “Time to get Pinkie out of there.”

He snapped his fingers and Pinkie, Applejack and Clunker vanished before reappearing on top of the Arbiter. Applejack looked beyond confused but Pinkie merely smiled.

“What was that Discord?” Luna asked after she had bucked a Scarecrow (leg) into another one before firing a blast of energy that impaled the demons.

“Oh, nothing serious my dear Lulu.” Discord replied with a grin but the look on Luna’s face said she was not going to take that as an answer. “Fine, I teleported Applejack, her pet demon and Pinkie Pie out of the airship they were on.”

“How do you know they succeeded?” She asked.

“It would be best if you didn’t know. Trust me on that, and I Pinkie Promised not to tell.” He said as he made a hand from the metal floor launch up and grab a Scarecrow’s (leg) face before slamming it into the hard floor.

**** **** **** ****

“This is not dignified.” Rarity complained as the sheer numbers of demons forced her and Trixie to split up. “Uh, would you care for some tea?”

The Blood-goyles looked at her with hungry eyes and flew up before launching themselves at her.

Time to dance my dear. Lucifer said with a calming tone that caused Rarity to relax.

The demons struck but collided into the wall in a bloody heap. As one looked up it saw Rarity in her DAT state, using the blades to get higher up and further away. She looked at them with eyes that would melt the hearts of stallions everywhere. The demons flew up at her only for the white unicorn to smile. At the last second she jumped off and down to the ground, landing gracefully and grabbing the rose from her ear in her hoof. She blew the demons a kiss and threw the rose at the lowest blade, causing it to detonate and kill the Blood-goyles instantly.

Rarity looked down at herself before leaving her DAT state. “Not even a single stain on the dress. Too bad I have to give it up everytime I turn back to normal. Better go find Trixie before she lands in even more trouble than she already is.”

Trixie on the other hoof was running as fast as her hooves would allow, Blood-goyles chasing her like an escaped convict. She looked back and saw they were gaining on her. She turned right down the hallway and stopped dead, a dead end mocked her. She turned around and saw the Blood-goyles look at her as they amassed in number. The hallway was too low to allow her to jump. She looked at them and then pulled out her Devil Arm.

She took a deep breath. “Come on then! Let Trixie show you fear!”

The demons charged, forming a wall that came straight at her. She inhaled and performed Ice Age. The first few demons that hit it froze instantly and fell to the ground with a clatter. The others were smart enough to stop and get back to wait for Trixie to stop. And stop she did but the demons were now looking at another DAT pony.

They barely stood a chance as waves of ice slammed into them, freezing many of them on the spot. Trixie slammed two of the poles into the ground, cutting off the demons’ retreat as their passage was blocked by walls of ice, two metres thick. Other demons tried to cut their losses and go through the ice wall but they froze on contact. Trixie swung her head, causing the third pole to slide around as she put all three poles into her one hoof. She slammed them into the ground, creating ice pillars to shoot out of the ground. Bloodwing could see the pillars shoot out of the airship’s shell from his spot at the bridge as the pillars continued until it shattered through the airship her and Rarity’s bridge.

**** **** **** ****

“Trixie and Rarity are done.” Discord smirked as the two Alicorns and he arrived at the bridge. He snapped his fingers and the showmare and fashionista appeared on the Arbiter’s deck, getting hugged by Pinkie Pie.

“Ideas sister?” Luna asked, ignoring Discord.

“Discord, this is your specialty. Do what ever you want to it as long as it renders this ship inoperable.” Celestia said, smiling at Discord who returned it with a shocked expression before it changed into a smile.

**** **** **** ****

“Henshin a go-go, baby!” Joystick shouted happily as he blasted his way through several Soul Eaters as the three ponies got to the bridge. “So, how are we going to destroy this now?”

Twilight looked at Nyx. “Wh-who me?” Twilight simply nodded her head. “Okay.”

Nyx pulled out Alastor and entered her DAT state. She pierced one of the consoles with the lightning blade, sending a wave of electricity higher than any lightning bolt through the airship. The other panels and controls exploded outwards from the blast and the engines failed instantaneously.

**** **** **** ****

“There, now we should get going.” Discord said as he snapped his fingers.

The bridge looked like it was a dream that only Pinkie Pie could have. The floor was made of liquorice while the walls were made of marzipan. The main screen of the bridge was 100% sugar while the controls were made of various cupcakes, muffins and cookies. In short, nothing was usable or capable of maintaining the ship’s systems and it dropped out of the sky as well.

As Discord and the Princesses appeared with the others, Nyx, Twilight and Joystick appeared with them as well.

**** **** **** ****

“This appears to be our destination brother.” Vergil said as he casually walked into the bridge.

Five Vanguards appeared to bar their way but Vergil ignored them, much to everyone’s surprise. Vergil looked at the controls and pressed a few buttons, deactivating the engine room. He looked at the Vanguards with a stone cold expression.

“Uh, why aren’t we killing them?” Dante asked. “Fluttershy soften you that much?”

“They have already been beaten.” Vergil replied as he walked past them. Before Dante could say anything, a resounding click rang through the room and the Vanguards fell apart in expertly cut slices.

**** **** **** ****

“Looks like the twins are done.” Discord said happily, snapping his fingers and teleporting the demons to them. “Now it’s just the hotheads and the Wonderbolts.”

“There is still Baral and Odahviing not to mention the Changelings.” Fluttershy stated, having flown back to the Arbiter.

“Sorry, forgot about them.” Discord chuckled nervously.

**** **** **** ****

Dash and Gilda kept up their competition before finally reached the bridge.

“G, you’re better at stopping this hunk of metal, I’ll keep them off us.” Dash said as she then entered her DAT state.

As the demons attempted to gain entry, they were met with lightning bolts and clouds of bats as well as a mixture of the two. They dropped like flies as Dash tore holes in them from the scorching hot blasts of lightning. Gilda was going through the controls before finding the right one and deactivating the engines and locking out all access.

“Done Dash.” She said with a smirk as she rejoined her companion and looking at her demonic form. “Strange, never thought I’d see the day when Rainbow Dash would wear a dress.”

Hey!” Dash protested as she and Gilda were teleported out by Discord.

**** **** **** ****

“Has Anypony found it yet?!” Spitfire called out, carrying an Abyss’ pitchfork.

The weapon was rather crude and unsettling but the fireballs it could fire were invaluable. The Wonderbolts got several of them after blitzing a few Abysses. They then kept within earshot as they searched the airship for the bridge.

“I found it!” High Winds called out.

The rest joined up within seconds and looked at the controls. “Ok, we need to take out a critical system like the engines or the power.”

“Got it boss.” The others replied as they searched the controls before Lightning Streak found what they were looking for.

In a few button presses, the ship’s vertical engines were shut down and the airship dropped like a stone. Discord noticed the ship they were on falter and snapped his fingers, teleporting the Wonderbolts back to the Arbiter.

**** **** **** ****

“You all alright?” Broken Skies asked as they reached the bridge of their airship as well.

“I’m good, Rebel you good?” Legion asked, looking at his compatriot with a cocky grin.

“I’m fine, let’s just take this thing down so we can carry on.” Rebel moaned as the three of them searched the bridge.

“Here, found the power controls.” Legion said as he pressed a few buttons. “Right, I've turned off the cooling system so we had best get going.”

The ship lurched as an explosion rocked it hard, causing the Changelings to stumble and fall. Discord looked at them though a pair of ridiculously sized binoculars and snapped his fingers to get them back.

**** **** **** ****


As the group looked at the last flying airship, they noticed Odahviing breathing a column of fire into the bridge area. The airship fell out of the sky a few seconds after that. Discord snapped his fingers and the dragon was flying next to them with Baral on his back and a smirk on his face.

“Well, I think we can call this a successful day don’t you?” Discord said with a chuckle as the journey to the Crystal Empire continued.

**** **** **** ****

Mundus looked out into the distance, towards the location the Ares’ Dagger and the rest of the 67th Fleet fell.

“So, my puppet failed. You may just be a challenge for me little ones. Come, the Lord of the Demon World awaits your arrival.” His deep voice said into the horizon.

Author's Note:

New chapter. I don't know if forgot anypony during the fight scenes in the airships. Thunderlane is out as he is not that kind of fighter as his knowledge is limited to the fireworks they brought with. Why not just use the Revengeance? Because it was more fun to do it this way of course!