• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 4,399 Views, 722 Comments

Dovahshy May Cry - Draconis187



Fluttershy has disappeared, heralding the fall of Equestria as the Changelings invade. The yellow mare has returned after a year of absence to set things right but the Changelings are just the beginning.

  • ...
26
 722
 4,399

Interlude: Close Encounters of the Discorderly Kind

Dovahshy May Cry
Interlude: Close Encounters of the Discorderly Kind
Author: Draconis187

The group had finally left the Wailing Woods and entered the Serene Plains. The Plains were a single wide open space that went on for miles. There were no trees, only green grass as well as a wide dirt pathway that cut all the way through it and into the distance.

“This place was named a nature preserve a few years back and as such it will never be developed.” Twilight explained to anypony that would listen.

“Fluttershy, I would like to know how to better use this, thing.” Trixie asked impatiently, pointing to ice-cold weapon on her back.

“I’ll tell you a secret about Devil Arms. They are living beings even if they look like weapons. They still think, feel and talk. Agni and Rudra verbally speak while weapons like Cerberus there would probably talk on a more telepathic level. I’m sure you have heard some strange whispers in the back of your mind by now.” Fluttershy responded matter-of-factly.

“Well I did hear something that sounded like: ‘disappointing’ when I accidentally hit myself in the muzzle last night.” Trixie responded after a few seconds of thinking and blushing as she recounted the incident.

“Listen carefully to what he has to say, you’ll learn a lot.” Fluttershy responded before turning her attention to Vergil. “Vergil, you never said exactly how you got here. In fact, you never looked like that when you went into your Devil Trigger form.”

“I would rather not say.” He deadpanned.

“Please?” She asked, looking up at him with her eyes as big as saucers.

Vergil sighed deeply, defeated by Fluttershy’s gaze. “Fine, on the condition you go first.”

“That’s fine by me.” Fluttershy said with a squee.

*** *** *** ***

“I can't believe it.” Fluttershy moaned as she pulled off her blood-stained coat off. “I've had that bow for ages and now some demon broke it.”

On Dante’s desk was her Ebony bow, shattered into several pieces. The string had also snapped in three locations along its length. Dante just looked at the remains as Fluttershy jumped onto the couch to lie down.

“In his defence, he was twenty feet tall Flutters.” Dante chuckled as he laid back on his chair. “Although I never knew you could get quite that angry.”

“Yeah, you even gave me a scare.” Lady commented as she sat on Dante’s desk.

Patty was fast asleep upstairs since it was three in the morning. The trio took a job that revolved around a nocturnal demon that had been harassing a small village. The village was a two days drive and Morrison agreed to look after Patty despite her many protests. Lady had a bandage over her – still bleeding – left forearm.

“Sorry.” Fluttershy said as she hung her head. “I-it’s just that a friend from the last universe I was in made it for me. It’s that and some other items that I have to remember him by since I don’t think I could go back.”

“Still, you didn’t have to Shout him into that building.” Dante remarked.

“You're just upset the building was apparently famous for making strawberry sundaes.” Lady replied with an evil grin.

“After all that work I never managed to find out if their boasts were true but that’s beside the point.” Dante replied.

“Dante, it’s always the point. You only eat either pizza or strawberry sundaes.” Fluttershy replied before letting out a large yawn. “I'm tired, see you tomorrow Lady.”

“Sleep well Fluttershy.” Lady replied as she got off Dante’s desk. “I'll meet you in the park later on.”

Fluttershy didn’t respond as she had almost instantly fallen asleep. Lady chuckled and walked to the door. She noticed Dante get up from his desk and walk up to the yellow mare’s discarded coat.

“What are you up to Dante?” She asked inquisitively as Dante walked up to her with the coat in his hands.

“Just this.” He replied as he took out a piece of paper from his own jacket pocket. “Go to this address for me and hand them this coat, they know what to do with it.” He then handed the bloody coat to Lady along with the paper but then gave her a card as well. “And here as well afterwards, I called the woman there for a pickup. It’s a present for Fluttershy.”

Lady just nodded. “And just how are you able to afford this and yet still be in debt to me?”

Dante just shrugged his shoulders and turned around. “The folks there owe me a few favours.”

“Fine, since it’s for her. See you tomorrow.” Lady replied as she walked through the door with a disgusted look on her face, aimed at the coat. “She really went all out, didn’t she?”

*** *** *** ***

“What exactly did you do?” Twilight asked as the group walked across the Plains.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” She replied before continuing.

*** *** *** ***

The next day Patty woke up Fluttershy who found herself on one of the beds on the upper floor of The Devil May Cry. She rubbed her eyes with her hooves and saw Patty’s cheerful face.

“So how did it go? Dante wouldn’t tell me anything.” She said with annoyance that her ‘guardian’ wouldn’t tell her of the events that transpired on the job or any job they had.

“Patty, there’s a reason he doesn’t tell you.” She replied.

“Not you too! Why does everyone treat me like a kid?!” She shouted, putting her hands on her hips with an angry huff.

“You are Patty.” Fluttershy chuckled. “The things we see and do are absolutely terrifying for young girls like you. These things would scar fillies back home for life. I know it scarred me.”

Fluttershy hung her head as she said this. “I wonder if my friends would look at me the same way if they knew all this? I've seen so much blood, often been in a lot of pain and yet I keep on doing it.”

“Come on now Flutters, don’t be all sad on me. You know if Lady saw you like this she’d blame me for it.” Dante said as he came in through the door. “Come on, we are meeting Lady in the park after all.”

“But won't people notice Fluttershy’s wings?” Patty asked.

“Don’t know but most of them have seen stranger things than her.” Dante deadpanned.

Fluttershy looked at her wings and blushed a little. “I guess I do kind of stand out.”

“Kind of?!” Patty cried out. “You may as well have a giant neon sign with a huge arrow pointing down at you! Come on, you can wear one of my dresses.”

Just like that, Fluttershy got dragged off the bed and – after throwing Dante out – Patty got out a few of her dresses out of her chest of drawers for her to try on. After a good hour of trying everything Patty had in the first drawer, they moved onto the second one. As another hour passed, Dante was getting impatient.

“Oh come on! How many dresses are you going to make her wear?!” Dante shouted from the bottom of the staircase as he paced around the bottom floor.

“Done!” Patty shouted back.

Patty came bouncing out of the room, not unlike Pinkie Pie’s own. She was wearing a simple blue school dress. Why she was wearing that when she didn’t attend school was beyond Dante’s understanding and care. Fluttershy meekly came out of the room.

‘That has got to be the most offensive dress known to mankind.’ Dante thought as Fluttershy got to the bottom of the stairs.

Fluttershy was in a deep purple dress with lime green frills along the hemline. It had a v-neck that went around her shoulders and the edges were a light red, a mixture between red and pink. Even Fluttershy looked uncomfortable.

“You look ridiculous.” Dante said callously.

“I know, Rarity would have a field day or faint. Whichever was worse.” Fluttershy commented as she lifted up her hind leg to look at her green shoes with disgust.

“Well, you didn’t let me go through the others I had.” Patty protested.

“I would’ve burnt that dress and killed the designer if I ever met him.” Dante remarked. Fluttershy nodded her head in agreement.

*** *** *** ***

“Was it really that bad dear?” Rarity asked with a curious look.

“I would have preferred to go through town without it and have everypony looking at me.” She replied.

“That girl is a troublesome one, I’ll give her that.” Vergil remarked.

*** *** *** ***

After Fluttershy threw the dress off her, she then tossed it into the bin and threw Agni in it to set it alight. Dante sighed and took Agni out and gave Fluttershy his current jacket to wear for the meanwhile. Patty was furious and refused to go with the duo due to Fluttershy’s actions. She went off with Morrison to run an errand with him as he was searching for another contract for the devil hunter.

The two met up with Lady at the park, under the statue of the Legendary Dark Knight. What most people did not know was that this ‘Dark Knight’ was Dante’s father Sparda, a demon. Lady stood leaning against the statue, waiting for them. Next to her was a wooden box and Fluttershy’s coat.

“Hi Lady.” Fluttershy said with a cheerful grin.

“Hello Fluttershy, Dante. Here take this.” She said to Fluttershy, tossing the coat to her. As Fluttershy examined the coat Lady spoke again. “It’s completely clean and it has been slightly altered.”

It was true, there were two holes for her wings to fit through and they were covered by square pieces of leather like flaps but they felt harder. The coat’s arms fitted better around her forehooves instead of hanging loose. It possessed more inside pockets as well. Other than that, it looked just like it used to.

“Those squares are a piece of metal to help provide protection for your wings when you are on the ground.” Dante remarked as Fluttershy tossed him his coat and put hers on. “But the metal is quite light so you shouldn’t have any issues flying with them. Lady, the box if you please.”

Lady gave Fluttershy the box: a dark brown colour, varnished and smooth to the touch. The wood it was made of was mahogany and it had a small golden latch that kept it closed. Lady unhooked the latch and opened the case. Inside were two custom made pistols. A pink one with the word ‘Pity’ engraved in gold lettering on it and a cyan one with the word ‘Fool’ also engraved in gold lettering on it. Underneath each of those words was a sentence: ‘For Tony Redgrave, by .45 Art Works’.

“Those pistols are identical to Ebony and Ivory except for the paint job.” Dante explained. “Pity here is a left-handed pistol or in your case, left-hoofed. Fool here is for your right hoof. Pity’s ejection chamber is to the left, that’s what makes it left-hoofed.”

“Right now that’s out of the way… here.” Lady said, handing Dante a folder. “Last night I found this file in my mail. It speaks of a demon not too far from the city that has been causing some odd things in the town. At one point the water had turned to custard, actual custard and one time the citizens woke up to find their trees were pink while the leaves were blue. Whatever this demon is, it’s strong and weird.”

*** *** *** ***

“Wait, that sounds like-” Dash said.

“Discord.” Fluttershy and Twilight cut off.

*** *** *** ***

The trio arrived at the location of the last reported sighting of the demon in question. Fluttershy seemed to be deep in thought and wasn’t paying attention to the warnings Lady received by the various folks nearby.

“Fluttershy, you ok?” Lady asked with a curious look. “You don’t seem like your usual self.”

Fluttershy gave a meek smile as she responded in a low whisper. “I’m fine, it’s just that the description you were given reminds me of somepony I know.”

“And who would be the lucky guy?” Dante said, dismissing a peddler with a wave of his guitar case.

“Discord.” She replied flatly. “He’s a Draconequus, a sort of chimera. He has strong magical abilities and has fun by bending reality, often at the expense of others. Or at least he used to before we became friends, it’s a very long story.”

As Dante was about to respond, he was stopped as he observed the skyline above. The clouds were a hot pink colour and just hung in the air.

“Well, that’s new.” Dante remarked with a grin.

“This must be Discord.” Fluttershy said.

Before they could question the unlikelihood of Discord being in their world, the clouds began to rain… chocolate milk? It seemed utterly impossible and yet there it was, chocolate milk raining from pink clouds. In the distance a chuckle could be heard.

“Discord?!” Fluttershy shouted, running off at high speed.

The two devil hunters gave chase to their friend. They ran through streets that had been radically altered. The signs were bent and made of candy canes while the pavement looked like marshmallow. The roads were made of ice and the buildings seemed to be bending in odd directions. In the distance, they saw Fluttershy entering the local park.

“If this is one of her friends, I don’t want to meet any of her enemies.” Lady remarked after she slipped and fell on the ice road.

“You and me both.” Dante remarked, his foot stuck in the marshmallow pavement.

*** *** *** ***

Meanwhile on the outskirts of Fillydelphia an army was approaching from the Crystal Empire… an army of demons. There were all seven types of the Seven Sins as well as Vanguards by the hundreds and a multitude of lizard like creatures called Assaults. Assaults were tall, green tinted lizards with bone-like shields and helmets on their heads. Their left claws were longer and far sharper than their right which carried the bone shield. They also had long, decorative frills adorning their heads like desert lizards. With them were large, spider-like creatures with glowing green eyes. Their bodies appeared to comprised of rock and each of their limbs made dull thudding sounds as they made contact with the ground.

At the front of this impressive army was a far larger version of the same rock spider. This one though seemed to be made up of lava and rock, steam constantly billowing from its body.

“So that is the city we are to attack?” The demon asks itself as they all get closer. “It is not worth my time but Mundus desires it to be wiped off the face of this miserable world. Go! Attack!”

At these words, various demons vanished from sight, teleporting to the city while the rest charged forwards, still a few miles from the city limits. Phantom continued to lumber on at a leisurely pace.

*** *** *** ***

“Discord?!” Fluttershy shouted with genuine hope in her voice for the first time in ages.

Sitting on a throne made of red and green jelly sat the Draconequus but there was something off with his appearance that shocked Fluttershy. Most of his goatee was missing and the strands that remained were stained with blood. His tail was missing the white tuft at the end and his tail had a – still bleeding – gash running along its length on the underside. His brown coat was dulled along his chest area and he seemed to have suffered multiple bruises across the rest of his body. His Griffon claw was missing a digit as well. As he turned his gaze to Fluttershy she noticed almost a third of his face was covered in a single, horrendous burn mark.

“Who are you?” He asked in a tone he never used when he was good or evil. It sounded distorted, scratchy as if he was talking over a bad telephone connection.

“Discord it’s me Fluttershy, Don’t you remember?” She asked, a tear starting to form in her left eye as she gazed upon her friend.

“Sorry I don’t know a Klutzershy.” He retorted. “I see you brought friends, how fun.”

He was pointing to a panting Dante and Lady, who had only just managed to get there after navigating the street. Dante regained his composure first and smiled.

“Is that all you got? I've fought diseases with more imagination than you!” He laughed.

Discord only smiled and snapped his griffon claw. In an instant the ground shook and tore apart as it rose into the air. Discord remained standing by his jelly throne while Fluttershy flew into the air in order to keep herself from falling. Dante leaped from broken platform to broken platform with ease and style. Lady impaled the ground with Kalina Ann’s bayonet and used it to keep herself upright. After a few minutes and the platforms stabilised The trio regrouped at one of the larger platforms, one that came from the local park.

“Nice going Dante, you just had to open your big mouth, didn’t you?” Lady snapped angrily.

“How was I to know he could do this?” Dante deadpanned as he walked up to the edge. “That would be one hell of a fall.”

“Still think I have no imagination?” Discord said as he materialised out of the ground.

“I still wait to be impressed. Woah!” Dante shouted as a fireball flew past him. “Got quite the temper don’t we?”

Discord had vanished from sight, leaving the group to bunch up and look around feverishly for the disfigured creature. Fluttershy pulled out her new pistols and got ready while Dante and Lady pulled out their respective firearms.

“Any ideas Fluttershy?” Lady asked. “You know him better than us.”

Fluttershy shook her head with a sad look on her face. “I knew the old Discord, not this monster. Whatever happened to him… we need to stop him.” Fluttershy said.

“Well, I'm not waiting.” Dante said as he charged off.

As he jumped to a higher piece of ground, another platform came from nowhere to slam into him, sending him flying 800 feet to the earth below. As if it wasn’t enough, the same platform went after him, enveloped in black flames. As it collided with the ground, it detonated like a 400lb bomb.

“Dante!” The ladies shouted. Discord appeared on a platform hovering above them, chuckling.

“Well, that’s one nuisance dealt with. Now then my dear.” He said, addressing Lady with a malicious grin. “I’m in a good mood so I’ll give you a choice: 1. You can try to fight me and you’ll wind up like your hot-headed friend down there. Option 2: I send you to the ground unharmed, with only one string attached.” He said, appearing next to Fluttershy and pulling on her cheeks like a grandmother does to a grandchild. Fluttershy responded by firing a few rounds at him.

He vanished before the bullets could make contact and reappeared above them wearing a suit. “My, my, aren't we testy today?” He turned his attention back to Lady. “The string is that you can’t help Klutzershy here in any way.”

“Here’s my answer!” Lady said, firing off Kalina Ann at him.

He chuckled and snapped his fingers again. The rocket exploded in a burst of flowers, not even scratching him. He looked at Lady with a slightly disappointed look on his face.

“And here I thought you were smarter than that buffoon.” He sighed as he snapped his fingers.

In an instant the earth shot up and knocked Kalina out of Lady’s hands. As she saw the rocket launcher fly up into the air, she pulled out her submachine gun and a pistol and opened fire on Discord. Fluttershy joined in and opened fire but to their dismay, he vanished again, laughing maniacally. The two stood back-to-back, keeping their eyes peeled for this transgression against nature.

“Boo!” Discord shot up, appearing between the two, separating them for a brief second.

As he did this, he grabbed Lady and vanished with her. As he reappeared he held her like a human shield. Fluttershy looked up in horror at the evil grin on Discord’s face. Fluttershy kept her pistols up but as she tried to find somewhere she could get a shot in, Discord moved his body so it would be behind Lady’s.

“Still want to shoot? Here let me take those from you dear.” He sneered as he took Lady’s guns of her, throwing them to the ground below.

“My guns, give them back!” Lady protested.

“Where you’re going, you won't need guns.” He said with a smile as he threw her to the ground where Dante was. Looking around with a cheerful grin, Discord turned his attention to Fluttershy.

“Now that we’re alone dear, shall we?” He said, pulling out a glowing purple scythe similar to a Hell Vanguard’s except its blade was heavily serrated.

Fluttershy wasn’t sure if she wanted to even hurt him since he used to be her friend. Although, this was not the same friend she knew, rather some twisted parody of the creature she once knew.

“Bring it then.” She said rather shakily.

Discord only smiled and vanished with his weapon in tow. In an instant he appeared behind Fluttershy and swung the scythe down towards her. She rolled to the side to dodge and let a few rounds loose. One grazed Discord’s left shoulder while another embedded itself in his right arm. He just smiled, ignoring the pain he should be in.

“Come on my dear, you have be faster than that.” He taunted with another smile before vanishing again.

“You killed them!” She shouted.

Looking around gave her no clues as to where he was… until a fire ball flew past her, hitting the ground and detonating in a large explosion powerful enough to send Fluttershy into the air.

Meanwhile on the shattered ground Dante spotted something falling from the sky. He ran as fast as he could and grabbed Lady by her ankle.

“We have got to stop meeting like this.” He grimaced as he looked at Lady’s angry face. “Alright, alright.”

After setting Lady on the ground she looked up to the floating platforms above them.

“Can't you fly up there?” Lady asked.

“Sorry Lady, I wasn’t born with wings. Besides my demon ones only let me glide, big difference.”

“So she’s on her own.” Lady said, finding one of her pistols on the ground nearby.

“Yup, sure looks like it. Good luck to her.” Dante said with a serious tone he was unknown for.

*** *** *** ***

“Hold on everypony.” Twilight said all of a sudden. “We need to stop for a bit, it’s almost lunch time.”

The gang stopped and laid down (or sat in Vergil’s case) in a circle. Trixie excused herself so she could practise with Cerberus while Gilda started to polish her halberd. Dash laid back and took out her pitch black sunglasses. Twilight took out one of her advanced magic books and started to read while Pinkie pulled out a basket of food for everypony.

“We are ready when you are Fluttershy.” Twilight said without lifting her head from her book.

*** *** *** ***

Fluttershy got hit with the back end of the scythe as she managed to dodge the blade itself. The force sent her crashing into a platform and breaking it into fragments. As Fluttershy got up, she flew up in time to avoid Discord’s fireball.

Appalling. Came a deep voice. It sounded annoyed.

Fluttershy pulled out her pistols and opened fire at Discord. He vanished again and appeared behind her once more. Fluttershy bucked at Discord’s chest and propelled herself backwards and out of the scythe’s range, firing all the while. Several hit their marks but they still had little effect.

You still don’t know, do you? The disembodied voice said again with contempt.

“Understand what?” Fluttershy said, dodging Discord once again as he sliced at her in a sideway strike.

“Talking to yourself are we?” Discord taunted. “Keep it up and ponies will think you're mad.” He added with a laugh as hit a pink cloud towards her, using the scythe like a bat.

Fluttershy dodged the cloud and dropped the pistols by accident. As she flew towards them, Discord snapped his fingers. In an instant they vanished. She turned around to Discord who had them in his griffon claw. He chuckled and tossed them behind him. Fluttershy wouldn’t be able to get them if she tried.

“IISS SLEN NUS!!” She Shouted, sending a wave of chilling air at Discord who vanished once more.

“Trying to give me the cold shoulder? That’s harsh.” Discord said, sounding hurt. “Keep trying.”

She knew she needed a bit of time before Shouting again but she pulled out her Ebony greatswords and flew at Discord. He sighed and blocked her attack easily with his scythe, which he was holding in his one hand.

You will never win like that. The voice said once more.

“Then what must I use?!” Fluttershy lamented.

“Nothing, give up Fluttershy.” Discord deadpanned, unable to hear the other voice.

You already used me. You should know my name. The voice said once more.

Then it clicked. “Beowulf?”

Correct, little horse.

“I’m actually a pony.” She replied.

“I never said you weren’t. You really need to see a doctor.” Discord commented before vanishing again.

Fluttershy took the short time to ready Beowulf, which appeared in a flash of light. Fluttershy was told by Dante that Devil Arms are weapons that come from a demon’s soul or are made. In either regard, they have the soul of a demon residing within, usually a very powerful one. This demon can take its original shape in order to guard itself against the unworthy. If a wielder is unworthy, they are killed as the weapon’s power could consume said wielder. But should the Devil Arm lose a fight, they will willingly pledge their power to the wielder.

“Now what?” Fluttershy asked.

Behind you! Beowulf’s voice came with a furious shout.

As Fluttershy spun around, the gauntlets came into contact with the scythe, blocking Discord’s attack. She quickly countered with a well-placed punch in Discord’s sternum which sent him careering backwards. As Fluttershy came at Discord at high speed with her forehoof, Discord vanished once more.

Now listen, I will grant you my true power if you can prove to me that you can handle my power. Beowulf’s voice came, ringing through her ears. Above you!

Fluttershy put her gauntlets up and blocked Discord’s attack again. As the weapons collided, Fluttershy used the momentum to spin her body around, hitting Discord with a kick. The bone shattering force sent the embodiment of Chaos into the ground that was still floating around.

“How can I prove it?” She asked.

I am strong but the key with me is timing. Intelligence and patience are required to use me effectively, not wild swinging. Try to predict his attack, wait for it and strike when the moment is correct. Said Beowulf before going completely silent.

Fluttershy saw Discord vanish and began to look around. She landed down on one of the platforms, still searching for Discord to appear. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She felt each breath she took, the wind that blew through the area and… the distortions created by Discord’s teleporting. She felt a ripple come from behind her, reacting she turned around and struck. As she opened her eyes she saw Discord’s dumbfounded face and her fist connecting with Discord’s scythe. But before she could congratulate herself on this achievement, Discord let go of the scythe and grabbed her throat, slowly crushing her windpipe.

You are ready… Beowulf stated softly and with an odd sense of pride in his voice.

As much as Discord was crushing her throat, she began to feel a power begin to come from the gauntlets and greaves, flowing into her body and building up. It began to get to the point where it wanted, no needed to release itself or else it would destroy her.

Now! Beowulf shouted.

In a flash of light Fluttershy let out a shockwave from her body that rocked the very air, causing Discord to release the yellow mare. As Discord was thrown like a rag doll, he teleported to correct himself and get his bearings. He looked at where Fluttershy once stood. In her place was Fluttershy in a Devil Trigger state brought about by Beowulf’s power.

What is this?” Fluttershy asked, looking at her four wings with uncertainty.

This is my true power given form. As long as you are like this, your strength and speed are unparallel in this world. Beowulf answered. Now go! Release your friend from his corruption! Let my light break his darkness!

Fluttershy let out a demonic yell and flew towards Discord at speeds that would make Rainbow Dash dizzy. The speed of her claw colliding with Discord stunned the both of them, Discord’s reaction was out of fear while Fluttershy’s was out of plain shock. Before the force could send Discord flying she grabbed Discord’s horn and antler, bringing his head down to meet her hind hoof. The greave collided with earth-shattering force, and sent out a shockwave that blew several platforms away from the two combatants.

“Wha-” Discord tried to say, coughing up blood before receiving another light-infused strike from Fluttershy.

A blast of energy hit Discord straight in the chest, sending him flying backwards into a platform. The force of the impact obliterated the platform, leaving Discord floating on a few debris. He managed to teleport and dodge Fluttershy’s next strike as she came down after him at a speed close to the sound barrier. Discord reappeared high above her, hurling fireballs at her.

Flap your wings. Beowulf commanded.

As Fluttershy obliged, she sent several light infused pinions flying upwards like miniature missiles, colliding and negating Discord’s fireballs. Discord pulled out his scythe again and charged downwards at Fluttershy, with the intent to kill.

Wait, be patient. She heard Beowulf say.

She closed her eyes and readied one last punch. She concentrated as much of Beowulf’s power into the punch as possible, causing her claw to shake almost violently. As Discord got close, raising his scythe up high… Fluttershy struck.

“WULD NAH KEST!!” She shouted, using the Whirlwind Sprint to further augment her strike.

As her claw collided with Discord, she saw him start to physically shatter but she did not relent, instead she pushed her claw harder, her heart set to save him. A gigantic bright flash of energy from the both of them caused the platforms nearby to shatter like glass and set the remaining fragments on fire. The force also knocked her out as she had used too much energy in the attack.

*** *** *** ***

“Your attack did what?!” Twilight screamed, completely shocked at Fluttershy’s tale of destruction.

Fluttershy only blushed, and turned her head to the side. Dash’s mouth stood wide open while Gilda looked like someone just told her there would be no more meat in her diet.

“I assume that our little diversion is over?” Vergil remarked, getting up and continuing to walk to Fillydelphia.

“What? Oh, yeah. Sorry.” Twilight said, embarrassed that she forgot they were only supposed to be taking a ten minute breather.

The group packed up and caught up to Vergil. Pinkie ended up calling Vergil a few names, like ‘meanie pants’ to name one. Vergil ignored them and continued to walk regardless as Fluttershy continued.

*** *** *** ***

As Fluttershy woke up she saw Dante and Lay’s smiling faces.

“Well, it looks like sleeping beauty decided to finally wake up.” Dante remarked, tossing Fluttershy’s pistols to her. “Found them a few minutes ago, thought he got you but you were still up there so I gathered he didn’t kill you.”

“Dante.” Lady started. “She just had an enormous battle, she deserves a rest.”

“If it were me, you wouldn’t have cared. Knowing you, you would’ve thrown me an insult for being asleep.” Dante deadpanned.

“Maybe.” Lady chuckled. “What happened up there Fluttershy?”

“Not to sure. Dante…” Fluttershy said, turning to Dante. “Do you hear voices from those Devil Arms of yours? Other than Agni and Rudra.”

Dante looked a tad confused but answered anyway. “It’s possible. Agni and Rudra are the only Devil Arms that talk to me and even then I just wish they would shut up.”

“Fluttershy.” Came a voice from above.

As the trio looked up they saw Discord hovering above them only this time he was normal once more. He had the white tuft on the tip of his tail and it didn’t have the gash on it. he looked just as Fluttershy remembered him. Overjoyed, she flew up to him and gave him an enormous hug.

“A hug? After what I did?” Discord asked with uncertainty. Fluttershy looked up at him with a huge grin that would make Pinkie Pie proud.

“Of course, you weren’t yourself and now you're back again!” She said with a cheerful tone.

Discord returned her hug and went with the trio back to the Devil May Cry… after fixing the town since it got destroyed by the fight.

Discord sat on a chair he had conjured up. Apparently he was in Saddle Arabia, conjuring up a rainstorm for them since their annual rain had not come for the past two years. While on his trip back to Canterlot he spotted something strange in the distance. It was a bunch of Changelings digging in the ground. It was odd to see Changelings in the desert if at all since their defeat at the wedding.

“Good afternoon fellows. What are you up to?” He asked.

This approach caused them to panic and flee, leaving behind their tools. He sighed and looked at their site. In the centre where they had been digging was a strange gem. It was an opaque black colour that held a chilling air about it.

“The thing is, I don’t remember what happened after I touched it other than seeing three red lights in front of me. The next thing I saw were flashes of me getting pummelled by you Fluttershy.” Discord said, turning to Fluttershy. “I only then remembered the chaos I had caused here in that town.”

“Do you think you can get us home Discord?” Fluttershy asked.

“Of course my dear!” He said with his trademark grin on his face. “We can actually go right now, ready?”

“Yes.” Fluttershy responded.

“Wait, before you go.” Lady said, stopping Discord from performing a spell. “Take this with you.”

She handed Fluttershy Kalina Ann. Fluttershy tried o give it back.

“I can't, it’s yours.” Fluttershy said.

“Think of it as an extended loan. One you don’t have to pay back, I know it will serve you well.” Lady responded firmly.


“Ok, thanks.” Fluttershy said rather sheepishly.

“Take these.” Dante said, handing her Agni and Rudra. “Their constant talk is really annoying me, the further away from me they are, the happier I’ll be.”

“Thanks Dante.” Fluttershy said, giving the devil hunter a hug. He returned it with a smile. “Be good, alright?”

“Of course!” She said, puffing out her chest.

In a snap of his fingers, Discord and Fluttershy vanished from the shop. Fluttershy opened her eyes and saw a tunnel made up of lights of every conceivable colour. Next to her stood Discord, wearing a pair of sunglasses.

“Ugh, I hate transdimensional travel, too slow. Ah! Look there Fluttershy.” Discord said, pointing to a hole in the tunnel. “Recognise it?”

In the portal was an image of her cottage near the Everfree forest. It looked in top condition, as if she never left it. She began to smile and made for the portal. Discord grabbed her by the tail and stopped her.

“Not yet Fluttershy, I need to tell you something.” Discord said, his voice serious which sounded odd coming from the least serious being she ever knew. “I'm not coming with.”

“Why?” Fluttershy said with a sad look on her face.

“I caused a huge commotion back at that town and I kind of need to make it right. You taught me the value of owning up to our mistakes and fixing them, remember?” Discord said matter-of-factly. “And besides, I actually can't go there. There is a magic that is blocking me from entering. I'm sure that if you find it and get rid of it, I can come home. Until then, ta!”

In an instant Discord vanished, leaving Fluttershy alone in the passageway between worlds. She shed a small tear for her friend and turned to the portal, filled with hope and purpose.

“Right. You’ll be home soon Fluttershy and you will somehow find what stopping your friend.” She walked up the portal, touching it. The portal rippled as if it were water, Fluttershy was starting to apprehensive. “Um, how do I do this?”

“In you go!” Discord shouts, appearing out of nowhere and pushing Fluttershy into the portal.

*** *** *** ***

“And that sums it up I guess.” Fluttershy said. “After Discord pushed me in, well you know the rest. Your turn Vergil.”

Vergil merely scoffed. “As you wish.”

*** *** *** ***

A day after he left the Devil May Cry, Vergil began a search for an entrance to the Demon World. His search led him back to the lesser demon Sid. Entering the building the cockroach called home, Vergil found him by a desk, scribbling feverishly.

“What do you want?!” Sid shouted, not looking up.

“It would be advisable for you to know who your guest is before mouthing off.” Vergil replied coldly.

Sid turned around and fell off his chair in shock. “S-sorry! I-I didn’t know it was you, I swear!”

“Hence my warning you miserable wretch.” Vergil spat back. “I haven’t come for useless idle chat. I have my brother for that.”

“Ah yes, Dante and that lovely young girl. Do you still have that creature with you?” Sid inquired, looking behind Vergil who pressed Yamato’s scabbard against his chest.

“Are you still trying to waste my time?” Vergil asked callously.

“S-sorry! What did you need?” Sid asked, clearly afraid of the cold mannered half-breed.

“I’m looking for an entrance to the Demon World.” He replied.

“Why are you wanting to go there?” Sid asked. Again Yamato’s scabbard met the lesser demon’s chest. “Sorry, it’s none of my business. What was I thinking?”

“Speak or I will permanently silence you.” Vergil said, his patience running thin.

“Of course. Give me a minute.” Sid asked, running down into a basement behind him.

A few minutes later he came back out, carrying an ancient looking tome. The book was in remarkable condition despite it’s age, the ancient gold lettering still easily visible with its iron sealing mechanism still intact. Sid opened the book and started to page through it. Vergil caught glimpses of pictures of various demons, both higher and lesser ones. Whoever compiled this book was well informed.

“Right, here we go.” Sid said after twenty minutes of paging through a book the size of a breadbox.

The page showed and arcane illustration on it. Various symbols outlined the circle that they needed to make. Vergil carved them into the ground with Yamato while Sid filled the grooves with demon blood. Sid requested the use of Vergil’s but he was forced to use his own after Yamato nearly chopped his head off in response. In five minutes the ritual circle was ready, with Vergil in the centre. As he stood there, Sid recited an ancient tongue that demons used and man from many centuries previous. The symbols lit up and the ground began to shake. Vergil kept his composure as the ritual concluded and a portal opened under his feet.

Vergil appeared in an area with headstones dotting the landscape for miles. The ground looked like it was composed of a type of liquid. As Vergil contemplated where to head next he was interrupted by various Abyss demons. Vergil merely chuckled darkly.

An Abyss charged at him only for it to miss entirely and receive Vergil’s boot to its face. The impact sent it flying into the distance, breaking several headstones as it went along. Another Abyss attacked but it received Yamato’s blade, slicing through its chest, spraying its blood in a thin line from the wound. Using the momentum from his strike, he parried an Abyss’ pitchfork and impaled another Abyss with it. His parry also lined up his blade with the Abyss’ chest and stabbed it.

“Enough!” A deep voice rumbled through the area, causing the Abyss to scatter and leave Vergil.

In the air were three red glowing orbs with electricity arcing between them. Vergil only smiled as he gazed on the calling card of Mundus.

“It will be fun to fight with the Prince of Darkness.” Vergil mused. “If my father can do it, I should be able to do it too!”

*** *** *** ***

“You fought with Mundus?” Fluttershy gasped. Vergil only nodded. “How did that turn out?”

“Unexpectedly disappointing for me.” Vergil replied. “I'm afraid my memory became rather sketchy afterwards until one day…”

*** *** *** ***

Nelo Angelo felt battered and bruised but alive. As he got up he surveyed the last things that went through his mind. Dante, Force Edge and Dante taking his half of the amulet. He clutched at his chest and found that his half of his mother’s amulet was still missing. As he calmed down, his armour dissipated, leaving behind his blue, three tailed coat.

“What happened to me?” He asked softly.

He looked around himself and saw that he was on an island that appeared to be in the Human World. The trees looked normal and the water on the beach was a light blue. Birds chirped in the distance and the wind blew, making the three tails of his coat rustle in the breeze.

“You got a rather nasty bump on your head dear boy.” Discord mused, hovering above Vergil.

Vergil instinctively went for Yamato… but it was not there. He looked up at the creature above him who only smiled.

“Missing your precious sword? Dante has it.” Discord said with a smirk. “I can take you if you do something for me.”

“I'm listening.” Vergil replied. “I tend to rather impatient if you waste my time.”

“Oh don’t worry, Dante warned me of that.” Discord said, landing on the ground in front of him. “Ready or not here we go!”

He snapped his fingers and in an instant both Vergil and Discord were standing in the Devil May Cry. On the desk was a note in Dante’s horrible scrawl: ‘gone for pizza, be back soon.’

“So my brother still partakes in that horrendous excuse of a meal?” Vergil muttered.

A voice came from behind them. “It’s good to see your opinion of me hasn’t changed after all this time.”

Vergil turned around to see Dante carrying three pizza boxes and Rebellion on his back. He looked older than what Vergil remembered.

“And after I went and got you your favourite pizza.” Dante said, pretending to sound hurt. “On the upside you look as if you haven’t aged at all!”

“And you look… old.” Vergil retorted.

“Don’t I know it. Come, sit and let’s talk.” Dante replied, tossing Vergil a pizza who caught it with absolute ease.

“About what?” Vergil sneered.

“Fluttershy.” Discord replied with a solemn look on his face.

“What about her?” Vergil replied.

“Well, it seems that something big is going on in the Demon World and Mundus is behind it somehow.” Discord said, teleporting one of the two remaining pizza boxes to him. “Fluttershy is a very skilled fighter now thanks to you but I fear that this might be too much for her to handle. This is my condition for saving you: help Fluttershy.”

Vergil looked at Discord and then turned to Dante with a look of disdain on his face. “Fine but I want my half of our mo-” He was cut off as Dante tossed his golden amulet to him.

“Happy?” Dante said with slight impatience.

“Fine, now the other matter-” Vergil said but Dante decided to cut his brother off.

“Yamato is in the hands of a young man known as Nero. Discord, if you would?” Dante asked the God of Chaos as he made a pizza slice tap dance into his open mouth.

“Be back now then.” Discord replied before vanishing. In a few minutes Discord reappeared, carrying Yamato. “Here you go. I explained to Nero that you want it back and he gave it to me without worry.”

“That’s unlike him.” Dante remarked.

“I just told him that Dante’s brother is asking for it back and he obliged saying he owed you one for letting him keep for so long.” Discord replied, giving Yamato to Vergil.

“One last thing before you go Vergil.” Dante said, his hands clasped together in front of his face as he sat at his desk.

“I didn’t agree to go along with your little mission.” Vergil mildly protested.

“Would you have preferred it if I left you dead?” Discord remarked with a sly grin. “I can put you back just as easily.”

“Touché” Vergil conceded. “What is it? I would like to get this over with as soon as possible.”

Dante got up and grabbed a briefcase from his cupboard. He handed the Devil Arm Pandora to Vergil who just stared at it with contempt.

“How thoughtful. I can now beat my enemies while talking them to death with financial reports.” Vergil remarked callously.

“This is a Devil Arm Vergil. It was very helpful and could help Fluttershy out in a pinch. It’s another present from me. Now, get going!” Dante said, giving his brother a push towards Discord who snapped his fingers.

*** *** *** ***

“I wound up in the same tunnel as you had described earlier and found myself on the other side of the Everfree Forest.” Vergil remarked, wrapping up his story.

“And that Devil Trigger?” Fluttershy enquired.

“I still had it but I would rather not use it as it serves as a reminder of my loss.” Vergil deadpanned.

In the horizon the Gilda could make out the skyline of Fillydelphia. Sighing she turned to the group.

“Alright everypony listen up!” Gilda said in a commanding voice. “I can make out Fillydelphia a good distance away but I suggest that we rethink our attack plan since we lost Trixie’s fireworks cart.”

“No problem!” Cried Pinkie Pie, standing next to… Trixie’s cart.

“Pinkie how did you…?” Trixie began to ask until she saw the looks of the others shaking their heads. “You know what? Nevermind but thank you anyway.”

Pinkie beamed. “It’s ok! Anything to help a friend.”

Gilda cleared her throat, grabbing everyone’s attention. “Ok then, since the cart is in one piece again, we are going to keep to the original plan if there are any objections?”

Everypony looked around and shook their heads.

“Ok then. We attack at nightfall, that will give us time to prepare and work out any kinks in the plan.” Gilda said, taking out her provisions.

Author's Note:

Right, here we go! This should clear up the DMC parts and explain why Nelo Angelo is here as well as Friend of Bronies' request for a fight with our favourite embodiment of Chaos. VectorGameplay, I have on more challenge for you. There are two movie references here. Try and see if you can find them. the first one is the title. (If I gave you a bigger hint I might as well not be asking.) The second one is tied in with Discord. Both are rather old, pre 2000 era. Good luck!