• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 4,399 Views, 722 Comments

Dovahshy May Cry - Draconis187



Fluttershy has disappeared, heralding the fall of Equestria as the Changelings invade. The yellow mare has returned after a year of absence to set things right but the Changelings are just the beginning.

  • ...
26
 722
 4,399

Discord's Guide to Partycrashing

Dovahshy May Cry
Discord’s Guide to Partycrashing
Author: Draconis187

Gilda flew over Ponyville as the sun began to set in the horizon. She scanned the area in search of the Devil Arm carrying ponies and the half demon. As she landed at Sugarcube Corner, the memories of the last time she entered the bakery echoed in her head. Worst day ever. She found the gang having a variety of milkshakes: Pinkie Pie had a shake that was as big as Gilda herself and probably thicker than the white, buff Pegasus that lived nearby and yet the pink menace was drinking it as if it was water.

“Hey G,” Rainbow called, giving her friend a wave as Gilda sat next to her.

“Sup,” She replied as she ordered a plain vanilla shake. “You're buying.”

“Oki Doki Loki!” Pinkie said between huge sips, making her cheeks bulge out like a chipmunk. “What brings you back?”

“You know what.” Gilda said as Carrot Cake brought her shake. She took a sip, savouring the last good drink she’ll have for a while. “We’re set for the Crystal Empire.”

**** **** **** ****

“Oh, come on! These things just don’t want to give up!” Nero complained as the group of fighters ran over the fallen body of the False Savior.

“Quit your complaining and shoot!” Trish shouted as she blasted a Hell Vanguard with lightning bolts before she opened a barrage of bullets from her pistols Luce and Ombra.

“Yeah, yeah.” Nero replied, taking out Blue Rose and blasting the head of a Scarecrow (leg) with a single, double-barreled shot. The small demonic beetles that were residing inside it poured out as the demon could no longer retain its form, collapsing on the ground.

Discord threw his scythe at a Vanguard, wrapping it around him as if it were a wet noodle. The blade impaled itself in the Vanguard’s chest to ensure it held onto the demon properly. As the Vanguard contemplated how to get out, he found himself at the end of a bowling alley with Discord at the end. He was wearing a white and light blue pinstriped shirt and he was holding a large red, green and brown bowling ball in his right paw.

The embodiment of Chaos threw the ball along the bowling alley with a grunt. As it neared the helpless Vanguard, the ball shot up off the ground and collided with its head. The vanguard’s head landed several feet away from the group as Discord searched for another helpless target.

He raised his scythe into the air and the this time giant balls of ice came flying down, obliterating and crushing several demons as the balls of ice shattered on impact. Although, there was something rather… off about what was in the ice balls.

“Discord… were those meatballs?” Dante asked as one of the shards flew past his face, impaling a Hell Wrath and causing it to detonate.

“Maybe.” Discord answered with a smile. “U mad?”

“I’ll eventually learn to stop asking you questions. One of these days.” Dante said, defeated.

“That day may never come, you never learn,” Trish said with a smirk as she used a bolt of lightning to kill a few demons.

“What can I say? I’m stuck in old ways.” Dante shrugged as Rebellion tore through a Pride’s chest with ease.

The group tore through the demons left, right and centre in their bid to get to the Hellgate. But the more they killed, the more that came to replace them. This didn’t deter the group, in actuality it spurred them to fight even harder. The sounds of crying demons echoed through the streets, coupled with gunshots, swiping sounds of swords, the odd insult and a fire breathing chicken burning the demons with green and pink polka-dotted flames. How it was possible, only Discord could answer but it no longer mattered, their target was within reach.

**** **** **** ****

“More behind us Dovahkiin!” Odahviing shouted as more Blood-goyles tried to force the duo to land into the sea of demons below. Sadly their tenacity was met by crossbow bolts and high volume Shouting.

“They are troublesome to say the least!” Baral shouted as the hail of bolts stopped. “Damn. TIID KLO UL!!”

Time slowed down as Baral ejected the bolt drums and clipped in fresh, full ones. As time resumed he looked to the black obelisk in the short distance ahead.

“Not much farther, just hold on a bit more!” The Redguard shouted as he resumed his long ranged attacks.

**** **** **** ****

The sun had begun to set as the group arrived at the location of the Griffon’s makeshift airfield. Twilight and Nyx were in awe at the large metal behemoths. Most technology in Equestria regarding flight was limited to Zeppelins and normal hot air balloons. The Pegasus pulled chariots didn’t qualify. These were entirely made of steel, with large propellers jutting out from the sides. There were at least four large ones to provide lift while there were several smaller ones to provide horizontal movement.

Most of them were rather streamlined in terms of overall looks while the ones carrying supplies were bulkier in order to fulfil their role. The fronts were rather pointed like the Griffon’s beaks, while some of the ‘wings’ extended forward, past the bridge and - in some cases - the propellers were actually embedded within the wing’s superstructure to save space.

But what made Twilight and Nyx have an intellectual spasm was The Arbiter. It looked as if it lived on a diet consisting of smaller airships and Ursa Majors. It didn’t just loom over the group, it eclipsed them. The thing was the ultimate pinnacle of Griffon engineering before some smart bird figured out how to safely use jet propulsion but there was nothing in the air that was more imposing than Bloodwing’s flagship. It looked like it was designed from a filly’s worse nightmare.

The bridge section resembled a Griffon’s beak like most of the others but this had serrated, jagged teeth just under the upper beak and was located in the in the middle of the ship instead of the top. This was due to the Revengeance Cannon that was stored above. There were six gigantic propellers built into six independent wings that looked as if they all interlocked with each other to provide lift. The steel that made up the ship was incredibly dark grey with tan lines running long its length and the ship’s personal emblem on the side.

The emblem was a pale blue circle with a gold and red coloured Griffon breathing fire down on a group of indiscernible enemies, incinerating them while holding a large greatsword in its claws. The words ‘Offense is the only defence’ were written in blood red letters in a gold banner under the scene in the emblem.

“Yo Unc!” Gilda shouted. “Get out here you useless rat bag!”

It didn’t take long for the fuming Admiral to come down the ramp and return Gilda’s insult. “What did you call me you pathetic wretch?!”

“I didn’t realise you were going deaf as well as blind!” Gilda retorted, her face contorted with rage. “I brought the group from Ponyville but the others are in Canterlot. Did you send anyone there?”

Bloodwing crossed his arms and spat back with righteous fury. “I sent one of my subordinates to go fetch them over an hour ago. I swear they are more useless than you.”

“Oh shut up you waste of air! We had best find him and drag his feathered behind back here.” Gilda said.

“I doubt there will be any need for that.” Celestia’s voice called out as she and Luna approached with the rest of the group in tow. They could only see Broken Skies as the only Changeling in the group.

“Broken, where are the rest of the Changelings?” Twilight asked the Elite.

Luna stepped forward. “I believe I can answer that. They have gone to Hoofington, Detrot City and Stalliongrad, the towns and city that lies along our route to the Crystal Empire. If the Changelings are still in control, they will join the rest of us in the assault to liberate the Crystal Empire in order to apologise for their mistakes. If the demons have already taken over, then we eliminate them.”

“’We’?” Twilight replied.

“But of course. My sister and I are joining in on this venture. We will not sit idly by and watch Equestria burn.” Luna said, her eyes saying that she was not going to take ‘no’ as an appropriate answer.

“Wait for us!” The group turned around to see Rebel and Legion in full gear, running up to them.

“What about the guards?” Twilight asked as the Changelings caught up, ignoring them for now.

“Shining Armor and Cadance are looking after affairs in Canterlot and we are leaving the guards here as well.” Celestia responded. “They protested, saying they wanted to help their Empire and I sympathise but they have not recovered.”

“Your Majesty!” A voice called out, they all turned again to see Spitfire and what remained of the Wonderbolts: Wave Chill, Fleetfoot, High Winds, Lightning Streak and Rapidfire. “We’re coming too!”

“The Wonderbolts!” Rainbow squealed as she saw her heroesin full gear as well.

“Are you sure, Spitfire?” Celestia asked. “You suffered quite a number of injuries.”

“I’ll be fine Princess, I just had to come and keep an eye on these ponies.” The Captain said, pointing to the rest of the Wonderbolts. “Lightning Streak is after revenge for his brother, Fire Streak. I can’t fail these ponies like the ones I failed to protect on the train.”

“You did what you could. Without you, we might not have known about the Crystal Empire at all. You are a hero no matter what you may think.” Celestia said, comforting the mare.

“Right, now that we are all present and accounted for can we get going?” Bloodwing complained as he groaned at the scene in front of him.

“These sappy moments making you feel something for once?” Gilda teased.

The old Griffon didn’t respond as he walked back into his flagship. The group walked into the ship in an orderly fashion, leaving Trixie, Thunderlane, some Griffons and some other ponies outside for a few moments amongst some crates and other equipment.

“Listen everypony!” Trixie called out, looking at her group from Las Pegasus. “Get all our gear loaded into the airships! The Griffons will show you which ships are being outfitted with which fireworks. Now go.”

The ponies saluted her and carried off the boxes of fireworks and their launchers. If Trixie could compliment the Griffons, it would be their teamwork that she admired the most. They worked in unison, in perfect harmony with one another like a well oiled machine.

Trixie eventually joined the others on the bridge as Bloodwing was screeching orders at the top of his lungs, much to everypony’s discomfort. In minutes, the engines roared to life and the fleets took off for the Crystal Empire.

**** **** **** ****

Baral and Odahviing finally reached the obelisk that had been spouting demons in waves. Many began to avoid them as the duo Shouted and fired their way through the demons. The only problem that faced them was: how do you destroy it?

“They didn’t seem to like ice, so one Frost Breath Shout… together.” Baral said as Odahviing hovered in the air.

“FO FRAH DIIN!!” They Shouted, creating a blast of ice that encased the obelisk, stopping it from bringing more demons into Skyrim.

“Well, that was rather anticlimactic.” Baral stated before the ice shattered and a shadowy claw burst out from the obelisk and pulled them into it.

**** **** **** ****

“I thought we would never get here.” Nero complained as the five of them reached the base of the Hell Gate.

“Quit complaining kid.” Dante retorted as he lent against the Gate.

“Well, let’s take it out.” Trish said, pointing her guns at it.

“I’d wait if I were you.” Discord said as he ran his lion’s paw on the side of the Gate. “There is something about this thing that seems familiar.”

“From when you were corrupted?” Dante offered.

“Possible but even more important, it feels related to what sent me here in the first place. But if it’s connected to Equestria, that means Fluttershy and the others are in worse trouble than even I could have predicted.” He snapped his fingers, causing the Gate to open up a reveal a dark passageway through it. “It seems that this thing responds to me in the same way that the object that brought me here did.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Nero said, folding his arms.

“It means that I can twist whatever energy is keeping me here and go home.” Discord said, a small tear falling down his face. “I… I can go home.”

“Well, I’m coming with. If this thing is connected to your world as well then that could mean that you will need all the help you can get.” Dante pointed out.

“But what about your own world? It’s not very well equipped to deal with this thing while we’re gone.” Discord asked, turning to the Devil Hunter.

“I’ll stay and keep them busy.” Nero responded.

“Me too.” Lady said.

“Don’t have too much fun without us Dante.” Trish said with a smirk.

“Hey you never know, Discord is a magnet for my kind of fun.” Dante said as he and Discord walked through the portal.

The gateway was similar to the one Discord used to get Fluttershy and Vergil to Equestria except this gateway’s floor was a sea of blood that were able to walk on the surface of. The colours that swirled around them were a mixture of black and various shades of red. The sides were lined with corpses and body parts that still seemed somewhat alive as Dante had to swipe at an arm that reached out to grab him.

“Kind of dreary.” Dante noted as they continued to walk through.

“Red and black were so last millennium.” Discord agreed as he floated next to Dante.

“WULD NAH KEST!!” A voice shouted as the duo came across the sounds of battle.

“Sounds like fresh meat.” Dante commented before stopping. “That can shout…”

“… like Fluttershy.” Discord finished as they hurried to find the scene of the battle.

Baral and Odahviing were surrounded by demons of varying sizes. Vanguards, Prides, Kyklops amongst several more. Odahviing froze a Vanguard and proceeded to smash it with his tail before using said appendage to sweep several other demons away to get some distance between them and him.

Baral had Dawnbreaker out as well as a dragonplate shield which he used to block a Sloth’s strike. Dante and Discord were impressed with the fact that the two in front of them could hold their own so well. Dante watched as Dawnbreaker’s ability kicked in, creating a massive explosion of divine fire that burned the demons, causing them to flee.

“That’s rather interesting.” Discord noted as he sat in a recliner with a box filled with popcorn in his claw. “Want some? It’s just got butter on.”

“I’m good.” Dante replied.

“Suit yourself.” Discord shrugged as he continued to dig into the white, buttery snack.

“FO KRAH DIIN!!” Odahviing unleashed another torrent of ice from his maw, freezing the demons solid as Dawnbreaker shattered them.

Dante decided he had seen enough and pulled out his guns. Discord sighed as his popcorn and recliner vanished into thin air. “Time to work I guess.”

**** **** **** ****

“Hey G.” Dash said after the fleet was airborne.

“Yeah Dash?” Gilda responded as the two of them walked down one of the hallways, towards the top deck.

“Why are you and your uncle at each others throats all the time?” Dash asked.

“It’s customary among families. The more insulting you are, the more you seem to respect them. But the concept isn’t the same with ponies so we don’t exercise it with them.” Gilda explained. “After my folks died, he took me in. Sure he was hardly around due to being an Admiral and all but he made it a mission in itself to be there for me when I needed him.”

“I’m sorry G.” Dash said as she noticed the sparkle of forming tears in her friend’s eyes.

“Don’t sweat it. I’m tougher than you give me credit for.” Gilda said with a smile. “So why are you going to the deck?”

“I just feel like letting loose a little.” Dash responded, patting Nevan’s inert, hairclip form on her head. “I’m going to hook up Nevan to the ship’s speakers from the outside and play. After all, what’s an epic journey without accompanying music?”

“I guess. Why not? I’m going to the bridge so I can see my uncle’s expression.”

Gilda turned around and bolted for the bridge as Dash opened the hatch to the deck, on the outside of the ship. The Arbiter wasn’t moving too fast that Dash would lose her grip but the wind still howled fiercely as she closed the hatch. She Devil Triggered and found one of the wires that ran through the ship. Sadly, the Griffons saw it fit to label every cable clearly and Dash quickly found the wires to hack into the speakers.

With her target found, she went out of her Devil Trigger state and readied Nevan for play. She used the scythe to cut the cable and attach it to the Devil Arm. With everything in place she placed her hoof by the strings and began playing.

The effects were instantaneous, Rainbow’s voice was unable to be transported through the cable but the sounds of her guitar playing were. Many Griffons just looked around in shock for a few seconds but just calmed down, it was better than the type of so-called ‘inspirational’ music that Bloodwing liked to listen to.

“What by the Fires of Tartarus is this noise?!” Bloodwing shouted. Gilda could hardly maintain her poker face since she was too used to wearing her heart on her sleeve. “Gilda, What have you done to my ship?!”

“Nothing I swear but you have got to admit: it was hilarious to see your face!” She said, caving in and laughing uproariously.

Bloodwing chuckled as he helped his niece back up. “So what really happened you hopeless pile of filth?”

“Dash just jacked the speaker system you old fossil.” Gilda replied, calming down and wiping a tear of happiness from her beak. “It feels good to laugh again.”

“Been eight years coming you void of life.” Bloodwing responded. “Now, go and get your friend to stop. I need the radio back up, just in case Gustav ambushes us again.”

“I’m going, you back end of a forest troll.” Gilda said as she left the bridge.

Bloodwing sighed slightly as she was no longer in the bridge. “I love you too.”

**** **** **** ****

“Who are you?” Baral asked as he and Dante squared off, both pointing their respective ranged weapons at each other.

The moment the demons were driven away by Dante’s gunfire, Baral took out his repeating crossbows and aimed them at both Discord and Dante.

“Oh, please.” Discord muttered as he snapped his fingers, causing the crossbows to bend like wet noodles. “There is no need to act so barbaric.”

“What?” Baral was shocked as he just witnessed the God of Chaos’ capabilities first hand. “Who are you?”

“I am Discord, God of Chaos and Disharmony!” Discord replied, striking a pose as several explosions of fireworks appeared behind him. “I can bend all of reality to my whims, my name strikes fear into the hearts of the weak- oh and this is Dante.”

“Very funny.” Dante remarked, holstering his pistols since Baral’s crossbows were no longer a threat. “I take it you’re not from around here?

“You must be a genius.” Baral replied sarcastically. “One minute Odahviing and I are trying to destroy a black pillar in Skyrim and the next, here we are. Fighting more of Dagon’s monstrosities.”

“Skyrim?” Discord said, stroking his goatee. It was a long shot but worth it. “You wouldn’t happen to know a particular yellow horse with pink hair, would you?”

“You mean Fluttershy? Yes but can we get back to the fact that you made my weapons go limp!” Baral shouted.

“Sheesh, don’t get your hair in a knot!” Discord replied, snapping his fingers and returning Baral’s crossbows to their original state.

“Discord, we had better find out where this gateway ends.” Dante said as he walked past the unusually quiet dragon.

“That pathway has already been trekked.” Odahviing stated, causing the Devil Hunter to turn around.

“Then we go this way!” Discord replied, pointing down another passageway whilst wearing a pith helmet and a khaki jacket with four pockets in the front. “Come along!”

“Is he always like this?” Baral asked as he and Odahviing followed behind Dante.

“This is him being serious.” Dante deadpanned. “Discord, wait!”

He appeared next to Dante in a flash of light. “Hm?”

“Can’t you use your magic to get us out and into Equestria?” Dante inquired, causing the God of Chaos to scratch his chin.

“Should be able to now that I have negated the effects of whatever kept me out of Equestria. I’ll give it a shot.” He said, clapping his hands together and snapping his fingers.

**** **** **** ****

Dash had her fun and was relaxing next to Applejack who had found the sauna inside the ship. How or why there was a sauna, let alone a fully functioning spa inside a warship was beyond them but by Rarity’s expression, nopony cared.

Nyx and Twilight were in the main engine room. They found out that the main propellers that were responsible for the ship’s vertical movement were independent, closed systems unless maintenance was required. The two bookworms were pleased as punch to say the least as they were finding out more and more about the unknown ship.

By the time they found out about the Revengeance Cannon, Twilight swooned. The main barrel only stuck a few meters out of the ship when the blast doors protecting it were closed but to be in the room the cannon called home was yet another marvel.

The cannon itself dwarfed them in size, even Nyx who was bigger than Twilight. It sat on rails that allowed its forward movement. Near the base of the cannon, Twilight could see the cannon had limited independent movement. The space behind it seemed to be accommodation for a firing crew until Nyx pointed out the machinery that lead to the lower deck. The machinery was similar to a conveyor belt, feeding the massive gun its ammunition from a store under it.

“Having fun?” The two mares jumped and saw the face of Celestia. She gave a chuckle as she saw their shocked looks. “Don’t worry, Bloodwing doesn’t mind. In fact he loves this gun. I heard he campaigned to have it installed for years.”

“Two years, four months, six days and five hundred feathers lost in the struggle. Not all of them were my own.” The Admiral said as he looked at his pride and joy. “Now get out, this is not a place for civilians and I don’t care how many times you saved your country. As long as you are in my ship, you will obey my rules as if I am your precious Celestia and Luna wrapped in one.”

“Ugh, lighten up, they are just cur-” Celestia said but she got cut off as the ship rocked violently.

Bloodwing ran up to one of the small telephonic devices that were scattered across the ship. “What by Gryphus himself was that?!”

“Sir! Something just landed on the deck outside!” The helmsgriffon replied, his voice shaking. “It hasn’t appeared to have caused any damage and we are still on course.”

“Keep going, I’m checking this myself! If we are one degree off course, I will personally shove your claw up your rear end!” Bloodwing shouted as he hung up the line. E shook his head and muttered to himself. “Now what?”

“We are coming too.” Celestia said firmly.

“I was going to order you to come along but I’m glad we’re on the same page.” Bloodwing commented as the four of them made their way outside the ship.

A mass of tangled bodies was there to greet them as they opened up the hatch. Celestia’s eyes widened as she saw the red tail with a white tuft at the tip.

“By my name.” She whispered as the God of Chaos appeared in front of them, wearing a blue shirt with a tan floral pattern on it while holding an opened coconut with a bending straw sticking out of it.

“Hiya Celly! Didja miss me?” Discord said, throwing his arms wide open with a big grin slapped across his face.

Author's Note:

I apologise for the wait. Life and a one hot story idea that refused to leave me delayed this. If the japanese song confused you, don't worry. It confused me too, it was a request from Friend of Bronies but it has a nice beat and tempo though.