• Published 1st Jan 2013
  • 556 Views, 16 Comments

Doctor is watching - The Psychopath



A view of the Doctor and what he is planning.

  • ...
6
 16
 556

My new wonder

Surprisingly, the exterior seemed a bit stormy. It had powerful, cold winds blowing across the lumpy grounds outside, making the grass flutter in the wind like waves of water. It was bright, but the sun still had to force its way through the thick, gray clouds to mark its prescence. This place was a beautiful sanctuary of nature, and its hilly, mountain-like structure made it a place that one would have difficulty reaching. What should be a place perfect for meditation was interrupted by the sounds of machinery working full force. Atop one of the hills sat an immense building fourteen stories tall. It seemed to be a simple office building from the outside, but within it, vile experiments were in progress. Screams of all volumes and tones could be heard trying to escape the confines of the gray building, but to no avail. They barely made a squeak outside.

In front of this place stood four bipeds wearing blue, padded armor with rounded blue helmets. These helmets possesses yellow visors that told the wearers a wide variety of things, such as incoming communications or important alerts. Two gigantic armored suits with a similar appearance were being operated by two more guards, their faces hidden by the armor they sat in. They were carrying strange bodies of equine appearances coming from both the higher levels of the facility, and strange chutes propulsing the limp, decaying corpses into piles at the top. Where were these bodies being sent? Into incinerators further down the hills. It only required the bodies to be dumped onto large slides, allowing the corpses to meet their final destination.

As three of the guards continued to talk, the one standing watch received an urgent message on his visor. Verifying the source, he alerted the others who immediately ran to the edge of the hilltop and activated a pad via lever located on the ground. Said pad, with a quaint hum, removed itself from the sides of the hill and slowly inched forward into a stable position before calming down. The guards waited. They waited for a few minutes, but it seemed like an eternity. Finally, upon the horizon, one could see a transport ship coming. It looked like the arcane helicopters, but its sleek, angular shape, and the helices being inside of the body provided a much easier way of movement. It set itself upon the pad, positioning equipment having extended from the main body and landing upon the ground. The guards immediately came to attention as the entrance hatch slid open, and a familiar biped came out. Always wearing his strange yellow goggles that covered his head. His white lab-coat and white surgery gloves were frequently watched as they were a keepsake for him. Two other colleagues jumped out of the vehicle as well, both holding a metallic briefcase attached to their wrists.

"Hmmmm. I do like a bit of fresh air every now and then." the biped hummed to himself."Guard."

"Yes, sir!"

"Upon which floor shall I finally be able to perform the most important experiment of my life...aside from those two failures who destroyed out beloved tower..."the Doctor jolted his look to the side and squeezed his fist tightly.

"I believe upon the most secure and most advanced floor."

"And that would be?" the Doctor moved his fingers ever so creepily as his intrigue and curiousity reached its peak.

"Ummm. Allow me to review the message. I have only recently been transported from a smaller facility, so I do not know the location correctly." the guard gave a nervous chuckle, but the Doctor's almost emotionless face remained immobile."Ah. Here we go. The highly secured 'Anner vault'. Floor minus one-hundred and fifty-eight. Pfouh. You're lucky that this facility possesses extremely fast elevators."

"Nyes...Come. We'll perform our experiments there."the biped gestured to his colleagues who followed.

This creature considered the disguise of the building to be near perfect. The entrance could somewhat give off the appearance of a research facility instead of geographical and wild-life observation...to the trained eye. A simple counter, bulletin boards here and there, and, more importantly, the elevators. A familiar ding at the press of the button announced the opening of the transport boxes. The group walked in and prepared themselves. Doctor grinned and took a key from his pocket, and pushed it into an unseeable hole. Two panels flipped and extra buttons were now available. The biped pressed the desired destination, and the elevator nearly teleported to the floor. While the scientist remained unphased and simply left the elevator, his colleagues were both moaning on the floor in agony.

"Get up you two."he groaned.

To this evil figure, they immediately forced themselves up, almost topplng against the walls. This place was a narrow, silver hall. Windows were on these walls, but the scientist had no interest in the failed experiments. Instead, he continued forward to the vault door. It was a massive circular construction of metal, but there was nothing to hold on to to open it. Instead, the cameras above the Doctor scanned him from afar and, announcing his clearance, opened the door into a massive laboratory where other scientists were working...in separate rooms. Doctor went immediately into the one to the direct right of the door and removed the briefcases from their wrists, placing them onto a counter hanging from the walls.

Important drills and somesuch of untold horror hung upon the walls in this large room. While the other, inferior scientists toiled, Doctor had his special mixture waiting inside the cases. However, he was a bit rusty by a few days and needed a first test subject. The first thing he did in this damply lit area was reach for the wall and speak in a receiver:

"I require one of those changy things and a vial of dna to contain the properties within."

"For injection?"

"Precisely."

"On it's way."

The doctor adjusted his gloves and grabbed large clibbers and some sort of gauntlet fit for four fingers. They were pointy and reminiscent of drills. From the ceiling fell a dazed changeling, slamming powerfully on the working table. In mere seconds it was back to itself and trying to fly away, only to be stabbed and electrocuted by the Doctor's tesla staff. The first thing he did was clip off the wings by their base, tearing skin away. He then took a syringue and extracted from the wounds, which he promptly opened up by slamming the gauntlet in and widening the creature, who screamed as if its mouth was full of water, only to drop dead shortly after, green blood leaking from its mouth, and more leaking from the wound. The scientist was glad of this specimen and worked lengthily on it.

After a few hours, the specimen was launched into the disposal tray to be thrown into the incinerators top-side. One of his esteemed colleagues pressed a button which opened a hatch on the far end of the room. From the depths of the abyss came a naked human. A female, to be precise, and she was quite dirty. There WAS a lower level than the most important part of the facility, but it was where test subjects were stocked. Those who had already been tested on were sent to the higher levels for further testing and observation.

The mixer had finished properly dilating the materials in the vial and one of the colleagues placed the vial into a huge syringue and gave it to the Doctor, who flicked it several times to prevent any air bubbles from getting inside the veins of the subject and ruining the test. The woman started to panic as the biped got closer to her.

"Wh-what are you dong?"

"Things..."the biped mocked with a light tone.

"I've seen what you did to the others. How could you?! To your own people!"

"My own people? Nobody said we were human."

"Wh-what? Of course you're human!"

"That's not debatable. Now silence!"

"GAH!"

The needle was jammed into the woman's neck, and her eyes flipped. Her body began to have spasms and change shape. Her bones and skin crackled, snapped, and popped as her body began to shrunk and take on a more blackish appearance. Chitin became her skin, her teeth all fell out in a massive leakage of blood, leaving way for a new set of extremely pointed teeth. Doctor found this strange.

"Hmm. Test subject appears to be showing a different appearance to that of the typical...uhhhh..."

"Changeling. Sir."

"Thank you. Changeling."

After a few minutes of morphing, the woman had became a slightly different changeling. She gasped and wheezed at the pain in her body after slipping back into conciousness, until her body, particularly in the hooves, began to sting like crazy. Three bladed claws tore through the chitin, expelling a bit more greenish-red blood everywhere. The added pain was too much, and she collapsed.

"Hm? The vial was tainted? Hmm. Not thoroughly cleaned. This DID produce a more than excellent mutant variation. You! Extract a dna sample and send it to the labs. I'll send our little mutant here to the higher floors for testing. We'll see if she's fit for reproducing more of these mutants and if they are suited for our goals."

As said, this was done, and finally, after that workout, the Doctor could finally use his specialty. He opened both briefcases and stared at the single vials protected protected by a black foam in both. One glowed black and purple while the other glowed a fiery orange and yellow.

"Heheh. Both were taken from powerful beings in that Equestria universe. One from the first we discovered, and another extracted from an alternate reality variant. My prize possessions. Bith...ahem. Both were defeated by some form of artifacts, but what if I were to mix them together? The result would be all powerful. Just think about it you two! Bring in the next subject."

As Doctor took the two vials, and poured a bit of their contents into a very clean and thoroughly sterilized third vial, a naked man lying down in his cage rose from the depths.

"Oh? This one was broken."a colleague pointed out.

"Perfect. I'll install a control chip into his mind to erase everything he knows and put him under total control. I wonder if the change will happen again. After all, it HAS happened before, and not just to the men."Doctor grinned evily and moved forward, injecting the glowing mixture into the subjects body.

At first, the man only sighed, but began to scream as his body began to shift and change. The lights in the room began to flicker, and the cage exploded outwards. Doctor simply smiled at the sight.

"Is his gender changing?" a colleague shouted through the immense amount of wind.

"Yes. Why are you surprised? This happens when one of the two chromosomes is dominant in the dna. That is how we managed to obtain a male version of the pastel pony in the past with a woman."

"True. Don't you think thta using BOTH dna samples is a bit extreme? Already the creature you had created before had created such an unspeakable horror that you split her mind in two and renderd her uncontrollable."

"That is the past. This is the future, and I only used a minor dose. The rest shall be examined to see if I can't produce synthetic compies."

His skin began to change colors, and his voice morphed and shifted with every groan of pain. Enormous yet elegant wings began to grow on "her" back, and a long, mixed horn pushed through the forehead, leaking blood as it grew. The transformation was so intense that the thin, separation walls of the room even exploded and tore away the metal on the walls of the entire room itself. Finally, as the others witnessed, the giant behemoth breathed heavily and trembled just as much, looking at its hooves, it could hear a voice in its head, making her scream in pain as she tried to fight the thing in her head.

"Not again."the Doctor growled.

He took off his surgery glove on his left hand, revealing it to be a metal construction, jumped on his experiment's head, then impaled the creature's forehead, created a narrow passage to launch the chip with his other hand. Almost immediately did the hole close that the chip imbedded itself on the mutant's brain, rendering it immobile for several hours as it erased everything. In the meantime, Doctor stroked its illustrious mane and smiled.

"I finally did it. Perfect. I will be esteemed even higher after this."

Comments ( 15 )

I don't even know. *click*
Edit: I still don't know. Oh well.

was I the only one who clicked on this thinking it may have been a doctor who fic and got this :rainbowderp:
but this seems interesting saved for later

So this definitely caught my eye. Partly because it was very grimdark looking, and partly because it shared a lot of attributes with what I've been writing. That was particularly interesting, so I wanted to see what you were doing and honestly, I have no idea what you're trying to write here.

This story is really dark and brutal, which I truly do love, but it's almost feels like you're putting 'horrify the audience' before 'write a good story' on your priorities list. It had a lot of cool concepts but it has a fair bit of telly-ness and a shallow plot that kind of dried it up and flattened the experience. I just can't picture this world that you've built, because its so unbelievable. Keep at it though. You've got some brilliant ideas hiding in here.

Also, I ran into a few errors. Thought you may want to fix them.

Instead, the cameras aove the Doctor scan

'above'

"Ah. Here we go. The highly secured 'Anner vault'.

I'm thinking you meant 'Inner vault'

THe first thing he did in this damply lit area was reach for the wall and speak in a receiver:

lower case h

After a few minutes of morphing, te woman had became a slightly different changeling.

'the' woman and became should be become in this tense

Bith...ahem. Both were defeated by some form of artifacts, but what if I were to mix them together? THe result would be all powerful.

.
what is 'Bith?' lower case h on THe.

The rest shall be examined to see if I can't produce synthetic compies."

'copies'

The began to change colors, and his voice morphed

missing a word. The blank began to change colors

What's confusing me is the 'Completed' tag.
Unless this is a one-shot cliffhanger thingy.
Meh, not bad, I guess. :pinkiecrazy:

you seem to be getting... darker recently in your writing. its very weird.
i assume that these one shots are leading up to something?

1883587
He is "The Psychopath," you know... So that "darkness" might not be too far out of the realm of plausibility.

The Doctor, a psycho? :pinkiecrazy:

1883452 The vault is called an "Anner" vault. The "Anner" refers to a scientist of great reknown who is now dead of old age. The "bith" is a mispronunciation on the Doctor's part. As for the blandness, unfortunately not a goal, but that's what the story is for. It's to show what they are planning. The main story will appear eventually after I finish another.Also, spank you very much for the corrections.

1883553Yes.

1883587Maybe.:coolphoto:

1883674 Noooo. Psycho is from the World of Illogic, a "happy' place.:pinkiecrazy: It would match more if you used "The Sociopath" instead of Psycho's name.

1883777 Leaning towards Blumarak?

1883777
Well, that's all opinion. Sometimes, science is about figuring out just how to kill something WITH FIRE!
This is coming from the infamous "Advocat" of science. No, not me. Him. *points at a shadowy blue figure behind you*

1885261
My apologies. The blood of the martyrs will water the meadows of FRANCE!

I......Welll.........Fuck

Good thing this heresy is in an alternate timeline, anything can happen!

7996226 Right. Alternate timeline. :coolphoto:

Login or register to comment