• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 597 Views, 28 Comments

A Book of Logic - Dreamscape



Twilight must enlist Discord's help when she and her friends cannot defeat a new villain named Illogic and his minion with the usual means. Discord comes up with a very unusual plan to defeat them.

  • ...
6
 28
 597

Today I Learned NOTHING!

Today I Learned NOTHING!

After raising the sun for the new day, Princess Celestia sat down next to the fireplace in her chambers to warm herself. She began to read the many documents and letters that were sent to her the previous night, waiting for the sun to begin warming up her wonderful Equestria. She was soon interrupted by a knock on the door as her sister entered.

"Ah, welcome back Luna. How did Queen Chrysalis fair on the way back to her kingdom?" she said, looking up from a letter.

"Very well, I believe she was quite glad that we did not imprison her. I am beginning to think we made the right decision. The changelings were rather surprised by my presence there but Chrysalis told them not to worry and that any grievances to Equestria were now gone. There will be no fighting anytime soon. I could sense the honesty in her voice, when she promised to not attempt expanding her kingdom any further or to prey upon our citizens any longer." Luna responded.

"That is very good to hear. I just hope she doesn't forget that oath. No matter what happens, she deserves to be free after what she did." Celestia said with a smile.

"I agree. What of Sombra, how did he fair?" Luna asked, closing the door and sitting down next to her sister.

"Due to his unstable condition, I had to re-imprison him within the ice tomb...but I made some improvements. Not only does it now have ample living conditions but a wonderful spiraling staircase and many new crystal decorations. I will be checking in on him frequently and if his stability is improving then one day, he may come out." Celestia explained.

"What of the griffon and unicorn?" Luna asked.

"Those two were not much of a threat to begin with. They have been released but will be monitored for some time. Now then, let us create the newest addition to the throne room windows." Celestia said as she stood up and walked to the door.

***

With a burst of magic from the two princesses' horns, a new, bright and colorful stain glass mural was formed on wall of the throne room next to the others. It depicted the element wielding villains turned heroes, levitating in a circle above the ground beneath them, hooves, claws, and paw locked in friendship's embrace, an enormous arching rainbow above their heads, and behind them Canterlot's burning skyline. The rainbow arched downward towards a small dark figure standing in the distance.

"Now then, you need to rest. I can handle the day fine by myself." Celestia said, turning to her sister."

"Yes, have a good day, my sister and I will be ready when night approaches." Luna said, beginning to turn around but quickly stopped as she saw a letter burst into existence in front of Celestia.

"Hmm, interesting" Celestia muttered, skimming over its contents.

"What is it?" Luna asked. She stood beside her sister to get a better look.

My Dear sister Princess Celestia, and Luna, I believe you are reading this too?

Today I learned NOTHING! But, maybe you did. Sometimes intentions are not all that they may seem to be, correct? Sometimes what you think is bad can be good and sometimes what you think is good can be bad. Along with that, friendship can come from the strangest of places and do the strangest things to the ones that are strange. Whether for the good, the bad or the in between, friendship can give anypony a sense of love, meaning, and joy. It may even change them, make them more understanding and able to perceive the beings around them in ways they never would have before, not as something completely different than themselves but instead something they are a part of, even if it is different. In a sense, friendship can make you "better." I tested and prodded, trying to make them return to their old ways but yet they couldn’t because the magic of friendship had changed them in ways I even have never thought possible. I cannot explain everything that you should have or could have learned so I hope that you have discovered certain aspects yourself. If either of you have in fact learned anything from these events which the letter is based upon or the letter itself, I urge you to share this new found information with Celestia's protégé, Twilight Sparkle. It is no secret that all of us know what will become of her in the near future. It is her destiny after all but it could always change. Destinies can always be altered whether it be events surrounding the destiny or by the holder of the destiny him or herself. Do not fret though. I believe you have influenced her well enough already.

Sincerely,
Whom you refer to as Illogic

ps: Delusional Sunshine sends his greetings and wishes you farewell and until next time.

Comments ( 18 )

3757032
Most all of them were Star Wars ones and holy shit. People still read this?

3757056 I'm most likely the first person to read this in a while. By the way, you should probably get an actual proofreader. I mean, this story has quite a bit of potential, but it's let down by bad grammar. And I only got the references once I knew they were there. I mean, like, the spelling is pretty much perfect, and I'm willing to let the grammar slide when you aren't trying to have good grammar (i.e., "Do you even villain?") but other than that, the grammar is the major letdown. Also, I'd like to see this story continued. Maybe join up with another writer. This is a legitimate good story, it just has grammar issues that are quite obvious if you know what to look for.:twilightsheepish:

3757214
Well I don't have one and no one wants to so oh well

3757742 I'd be happy to if I could find the time. I mean, I know my shit. I'm a teenager, and I've got the mind of a fanfic writer. I could help you out if I got the chance. Possibly next time there's a three-day-weekend.:twilightsmile::pinkiehappy::pinkiesmile::raritystarry::scootangel::yay:

You didn't truly think you could escape me did you?

3788942
Oh my gosh, you're alive! I thought you disappeared from the face of the Earth or something haha :pinkiesmile:

No, I merely took a bit of a hiatus. How has your face been doing?

3793211
Oh fairly good and yours?

My face has been rather busy.

3798441
Mine too. So much schoolyness. How goes your venture into the national guard? At least I think that's what you were going into. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've finished with my NG training and am now currently employed at a lumber mill. Tis interesting to be sure. So how is said schoolyness going for you?

3809712
definitely sounds interesting and its going fairly alright. The whole senior project has kept me up many nights though and the stress gets to me. I guess I've been diagnosed with minor depression issues, not necessarily diagnosed but had to take some quiz type thing and the results were minor depression. I literally think it is caused by the stress.

3811556 Probably. Just don't let it hit you too hard. The entire thing can actually be completed in about 2 weeks. (I know this from personal experience.)

3824395
I'm just worried about the 15 hours with a mentor. I have 0 so far

Lol, my mentor and I bs'd the time sheet. I got rather lucky.

3840841
indeed you did. I wish my mentor did that...she's just horrible at scheduling thats about it haha

She might. Just subtly hint at it.

3873936
heheh I don't think so

Login or register to comment