• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 7,133 Views, 32 Comments

Butterflies And Dragons, United Hearts And Voices - uioui



What happens when Fluttershy and Spike join a singing contest? Is there love? Cheers? Or both?

  • ...
13
 32
 7,133

Love, Laughter And Singing

It was a beautiful sunny day, Celestia’s orb was radiating warmth that seeped throughout Equestria , the birds were chirping and every pony was going about their business with a smile on their face. A certain assistant to the town’s librarian was in a cheerful mood as he cleaned the library while Twilight was gone.

“Such an amazing day and I am feeling it!”

Spike twirled and twisted. Energy was flowing through his veins as he started to sing while at the same time dusting. His vocal chords contracted and relaxed making a combination of notes that really seemed to fit the song. His danced moves seemed to complement his cleaning as he started to flutter of the ground with his wings while trying to reach the top shelf to dust.

“Oh how the sun shines down!”

If there was anything Spike loved the most in this world it would be singing. The way it made him feel quite alive as he pretended to perform in front of a humongous crowd, it was exhilarating and he was enamoured with it.

“My scales love it sooo!”

But Spike wasn’t being fully truthful, there was something he loved more than singing and that was a certain yellow Pegasus. Spike blushed slightly but he didn’t reject the thought, other than singing Fluttershy was another source of inspiration for him.

“Such an amazing day and I am feeling it!”

He realized that Rarity would never date him once he found out she was already seeing another colt from Canterlot, he was depressed at first but thanks to the yellow Pegasus, he was once again back to his regular draconic self. He still remembered how they started a friendship; he was running from the library and had crashed into her. Needless to say he apologized a lot and made it up to her by taking her around and treating her against her will, she said she was fine .Fluttershy was a great friend and over time they had gotten closer and closer, Fluttershy destroyed the emotional storm left behind by Rarity while Spike was slowly starting to coax her out of the shell of shyness that surrounded her being.

Unbeknownst to Spike was that Fluttershy reciprocated his feelings but was too shy to act upon it, Spike was also still harboured thoughts of the disaster that lined his fall with Rarity and he didn’t want to rush anything, lest he lost all his emotional connections with the Pegasus.

All in all the state of their current relationship was good enough for them, but they still wanted more. They still continued visiting one another and kept making each other’s lives rich and alive.

“By Celestia and Luna this is a good day, such a very good day!”

As Spike finished the last bit he heard giggling coming from near the door, he quickly turned and saw Fluttershy. She was the only pony that knew Spike could sing and she kept that secret as per request, everyone else thought Spike couldn’t sing or didn’t like singing.

“Hey Fluttershy!”

Fluttershy smiled at the greeting and they rushed and gave each other hugs, hugs were how they greeted each other. It may seem impossible that THE Fluttershy would hug Spike without getting embarrassed, but she was used to it and Spike was one of the few beings that she constantly gave hugs.

“How has your morning been Spikey Wikey?”

Fluttershy looked at him with such cute eyes that made Spike’s heart palpate and him smile. He always loved getting lost in Fluttershy’s adorable blue eyes, the same went for the yellow Pegasus, Spike’s green eyes always made her feel safe and alive.

“It has been going great Shyshy!”

Fluttershy turned red at the nickname, but deep down they both knew she enjoyed being called it. They each hurtled nicknames at one another; it was never spiteful or malicious but tender and cute.

“So what are you doing here Shy?”

“Aww do I really need a reason to visit my best friend?”

Fluttershy just gave him one of the cutest pouts ever seen; it melted a hole in his heart as deep as the Poniyanas Trench. Spike decided to answer by reaching around and wrapping his arms around the yellow Pegasus’s frame.

“Of course not my dear Fluttershy! You know you can visit anytime right?”

Fluttershy just smiled at Spike and gave in to the warm hug.

“I was only toying with you Spikey Wikey, but there was something I wanted to tell you.”

Spike unwrapped himself from Fluttershy as he pondered what she was going to say, but he thought of a way to make them comfortable while they engaged in chit chat.

“Hey Shyshy do you want breakfast?”

“No thanks I don’t want to intrude.”

Just then Fluttershy’s stomach rumbled as silently as the little eep she gives when she meets new ponies, it was just heart-warming. Spike just grinned from ear to ear not ready to take now for an answer, he then did something that surprised both him and the shy flier, he lifted her and carried her bridal style to the kitchen table as he sat her down to prepare something for their meal.

To say she was red was the understatement of the millennia, but she enjoyed it none the less. She loved how he held her with strength like she was as light as a feather; she enjoyed the sensual, smooth and cool touch his scales gave as she brushed against them. To say she was in a state of euphoria was a joke; she was practically floating in the Garden of Eden. Spike snapped her out of her trance when he spoke.

“Breakfast is ready Shyshy!”

Spike started placing plate after plate on the table, there were pancakes, there were bowls of tulips, there were daffodil sandwiches, there were omelettes, there were small cream filled and freshly baked donuts and there was a huge beaker of orange juice, Fluttershy’s favourite. Her eyes practically bulged at the sight and she was reverted to a gaping ball.

“Why is there so much, Spike?”

Spike smiled and scooted down next to Fluttershy.

“Well I didn’t know what you wanted so I cooked many dishes.”

Fluttershy was still in a stunned mess as Spike nudged her to eat. She slowly picked up a donut and bit into it with the most delicate of bites, like she was biting into a wire of a bomb. A moment later her face lit up in what seemed to be the most ecstatic of smiles and she completely went against her very nature and started to gobble the food at an alarming rate.

When she finished she looked stuff and quite fulfilled. She let out a small burped and blushed, Spike also daw’ed at the cute sight while Fluttershy then gave him a smile filled with embarrassment and at the same time appreciation.

“Thanks Spike, you are always such a terrific cook.”

Spike grinned at the compliment and flared his chest in a pose that made Fluttershy giggle.

“The one and only Shyshy!”

Spike calmed down and looked straight at Fluttershy and remembered what she told him.

“So what were you going to tell me Shy?”

She started to brainstorm then all of a sudden her facial features lit up in recognition. She grinned slightly and pulled out a small piece of paper from her pack and gave it to Spike. On the paper was the words singing contest and open to all, duet and singles and every category you can think of.

Spike was scanning through it then a light bulb flashed over his head. He met Fluttershy’s knowing smile with his own.

“Are you thinking what I am thinking?”

Fluttershy grinned.

“Yep!”

*********

The contest was in the newly erected coliseum in Canterlot, it was built to meet the demand of Princess Celestia in case there were any performances that took place and needed a huge area. It had a capacity of 80 thousand ponies and tonight it was PACKED.

There were glowing lights everywhere and decorations filled the room, it was like Christmas but with a different theme. At the front of the stage was a brilliant diamond table summoned by Luna for the contest for the purpose of judging and there were 3 judges, one was Prince Blueblood, another was princess Luna and the third was Princess Celestia.

The three looked strapping in their dresses, Celestia was wearing a dress similar to the one she wore to the gala but in a turquoise color scheme inlaid with gems. Luna had a dark blue gown that seemed to scream “Night!” and was covered in glowing sapphires, while Blueblood was wearing a fantastic tuxedo with a crystal flower in the front pocket. The three looked like what judges should represent.

“Auntie should I really be here?”

Celestia smiled at blueblood with humour, it was obvious that the prince didn’t want to be here. The truth was that Blueblood was actually quite the introvert, the only reason he acted like a douchebag was that he never wanted attention, when his aunt made him go to the gala he despised the idea so he acted like a prick to ward of the other ponies.

“Of course Bluey! It is time to make the fans SCREAM for the singers! I know you have good taste in music so of course I made you judge.”

Blueblood just groaned, everyone in public thought he was going to be stuck up but if that is what they wanted then so be it. He was going to give the contestants Tartarus for ever thinking about entering and for making him judge. Luna looked at him then back to her sister and smiled knowingly, Celestia was being a troll again and it made her laugh.

**************

Twilight was shuffling the girls along into the corridor, her mentor had given her six tickets to the contest to share among her friends so she gave one to each of the element bearers, but Fluttershy was not able go she was saying something about having to prepare and to run through a challenge.

So they had to invite another pony to take the stead as the last thing Twilight wanted to do was to waste Celestia’s invite, so they invited Derpy. Contrary to popular belief Derpy was not cross eyed nor dumb, she only did that to make the little foals cheer up and she had a Ph.D. in Phycology but she never talked about it. She was quick to accept the invite as this time she wanted to make friends as ponies would normally avoid her.

“Come on girls the tickets we have are for the front row!”

Applejack looked pleasantly around her surroundings, she was mighty thankful for Celestia’s gift. You could say her appreciation was right for the picking.

“Well ah be bucked, it was the nicest thing for Celestia to give us a ticket to this singing contest.”

It was Rainbow Dash’s turn to talk as she put on a face of hope and sparkling wishes. She started to fantasize about her addiction causing drug, the Wonder bolts. No matter how many times she has battered Spitfire, Soarin or the others she still has a burning passion for the group, a passion her own friends keep trying to quench.

“I hear that Soarin of the Wonder bolts is going to sing!”

Rainbow Dash started squealing in fan girl mode, while it was Pinkie who spoke up next in a tirade. Pinkie will never be changed, she will always be a pony that keeps on laughing and laughing, even if she gets married every pony doubts she will keep quite at the ceremony.

“Oh my god what kinds of songs are going to be played? Will there be instruments? Oh my gosh will there be cupcake throwing? Will there be food? Are the princesses going to sing?”

Everyone ignored her as Derpy started to make quick chitchat with Twilight, They talked about possible reactions to traumatizing events that could scar any pony and the different methods to try and aid them. Rainbow Dash was obsessing over the Wonder bolts to Applejack who being the good friend she was just listened attentively, although the farm pony still wanted to knock the teeth out of the flier for being so noisy. Pinkie was still rambling like some kind of broken stereo that was permanently on repeat and Rarity was putting on makeup while make sharp glares at Prince Blueblood, if looks could kill Blueblood would have been savagely slaughtered by now by the daring fashionista.

Everyone stopped what they were doing once the emcee started the ceremony with a loud booming voice, the emcee was one of those upper class ponies who spent time around Filthy Rich and was not familiar to the mane six but they couldn’t care less. He appeared to take on a good appearance, he looked handsome but he didn’t look like a snob. He sounded exactly like an emcee, fun and voice full of excitement not of drab.

He started describing the tradition of the contest was reborn when Princess Luna was purified, he discussed the rules and announced that there were 70 contestants, every time the judges would thud their hooves on the crystal table it would mean the contestant would have to stop. He held up the trophy, it appeared to show one pony of each race side by side with golden notes coming out of their mouth and a tiny diamond on the top portion, that was to be the prize and a cash sum of 50000 bits. He shouted the criteria and then began calling out the name of the first contestant.

Surprisingly enough the first act was a group but it was allowed. It was composed of the CMC, Babs, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. The five had put aside their differences and decided to join up. They had long given up their immaturity as foals as they grew up together and they became the closest of friends. All of them even had cutie marks now .They sang an Acapella of love story. (Link if you need http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3dNnwn0ymU)

*****

Fluttershy was enshrouded in an amazing white gown with a blue pendant at the front, she looked stunning and anyone who said otherwise was stupid. She seemed to sparkle like she was reflecting sunlight and all the other contestants who looked her way where gaping with stunned maws.

She was walking all over the stage in a nervous frown, she was the pinnacle of stage fright and she had good reason too. Spike was nowhere to be found, he was supposed to be her partner in the duet but he was missing. Did he abandon her? Was he late? Did he forget? He couldn’t have, he was her closest friend and the one male she was madly in love with, could he ever leave her?

Millions of possibilities were flowing through her mind; she knew her number was up soon and with or without Spike she would have to perform as she was already registered, she didn’t want to waste their rehearsals or all their practice. Lucky, her prayer had been answered.

A loud flapping sound rang throughout the back stage and dust flew around, the other ponies that were on stage hastily scrambled for cover, when she twisted around there was her awaited dragon. Fluttershy quickly ran over and jumped into Spike bowling him into a hug.

“Where have you been? I was so scared to perform on my own.”

Spike smiled sympathetically for Fluttershy. He knew he should have been faster, he really despised it when he made Fluttershy sad. Not after everything she did for him, not after the things they went through, not with his deep love for her.

“I was getting clothes on and being a dragon it is hard enough for me to put them on.”

That was when Fluttershy noticed the apparel that was on Spike. He was wearing a dandy tuxedo shimmering slightly with gems, it seemed to catch the atmosphere of the night as it made him look handsome, Fluttershy’s cheeks started to glow red. It was apparent that Spike had asked Rarity for help. Help with which the fashionista was more than glad to give to Spike considering all the work Spike had done for her before.

“I am just glad you came Spike.”

Fluttershy once again grabbed him into a hug, a hug that she was unwilling to release as she could smell him, his intoxicating aroma that seemed to drive her crazy. Little did she know she was also driving him crazy. Her beautiful cherry blossom perfume seemed to make his brain shutdown as he basked in its glory. Hormones abound as they drifted through the air.

“I would never back down on a promise Fluttershy, especially when it comes to one of my closest friends.”

Fluttershy scanned the voice for hints of lies but couldn’t find a single inkling of it; she started to tear up as she hugged him harder. She believed him, she knew that Spike was loyal, might even be more loyal than the elemental bearer for that specific element.

“Oh come on Fluttershy. Did I do anything wrong? Please calm down I am sorry.”

Spike wiped her eyes dry with a small handkerchief; Fluttershy just looked at him with a true sense of gratitude.

“No you didn’t Spike, you have just made me one of the happiest mares in Equestria and I mean that.”

They both revelled in one another’s spirit, they both knew that as friends they could complete any challenge and they were as ready as always. Although both sides knew they still wanted to go further, further than most. But for the mean time it was good enough for them, they knew they had plenty of time so they enjoyed it together.

After a minute passed in silence they heard the emcee’s voice boom out.

“Now ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our last presenters! Contestant pair Number 60!”

Spike looked at Fluttershy with steely determination, she mirrored the expression perfectly. They were both mimicking the appearance of musical warriors ready to combat countless crowds of distasteful “hipster” teenagers. Spike then asked her a crucial question.

“Are you ready to kick some flank Shyshy?”

Fluttershy screamed and jumped in the air. This time she forgot about her shyness and she had the courage of a lion.

“Let’s show those ponies whose boss!”

They then held onto each other hand in hoof as they walked out of the door onto the stage.

*****

To say Blueblood was bored to death was the understatement of the century; he had just insulted about 95% of the contestants and was tired of insulting them. Why couldn’t he have stayed at home and watched TV? He was just glad that this was the last contest and he thought how bad this one would be. It would probably be sore for his ears, how wrong he was.

“Auntie Do we really have to continue? Those performances were some of the most horrible, vile, disgusting abominations of music I have ever had the torture of penetrating my ear drums!”

Celestia was also on the verge of collapsing. She had to agree with her nephew, they were horrid. The songs were off tune and poor. The only pleasant one they had listened to so far was the CMC and that was a long time ago. It was getting repetitive. But the worst were when a colt, could have also been a mare, named Justin hoofer performed a duet with a mare called Rebecca Black with backup singers who they called “double take” performed. That was the worst, her ear drums felt like splitting and bleeding, she had to go on stage and banish them to the moon, and I mean she really did banish them to the moon not that the crowd mind, in fact they were glad as they also suffered.

“I hate to say it but I must agree. Luckily it will be over soon. I must wake up Luna I guess.”

Luna was fast asleep. She was so exhausted from such stupid performances she fell asleep. Celestia levitated a bottle of water over her and tipped it, it easily cascaded arctic cold water down the royal blue princess, moments later Luna was awake and screaming using the royal Canterlot voice. The whole coliseum awoke at that except for some of the REALLY deep sleepers. When she calmed down she glared at her sister and demanded an explanation for that cheap trick.

“It is just the last performance so after it we can go home and sleep on our comfy beds.”

Celestia appeared to look like one of those “I came” memes that appeared frequently on the pony net, while fantasizing about her comfortable silk bed, a face Luna easily saw.

Luna’s face softened slightly but the scowl was still there, before she could make a retort or anything the last contestants had appeared on stage. Within moments they started singing and the judges were stunned into silences. The whole arena was mesmerized.

*******

The elements of harmony were at the verge of sleeping with Derpy following closely behind, Pinkie’s tongue was lolling about as for once in her life her energy had been sapped by the incredibly stupid performances, Rainbow Dash was disappointed that Soarin sang like an old hag and was slapping the shit out of a doll of the flier, Rarity was bored and still trying her best glare at Blueblood but was failing due to her droopy eyes, Applejack was quietly munching on an apple to stay awake and Twilight was trying to keep herself awake with music. It was depressing.

Derpy was still quite awake though and she was the first pony to recognize Fluttershy and Spike.

“Hey guys isn’t that Spike and Fluttershy?”

Just before the elements could register the people on stage, the singing started. The entire audience was captivated by the singing and all the elements awoke from their stupor with a start. It was like they were all hit with magic and their ears were filled with some of the greatest and most expensive honey.

****

Fluttershy was nervous as they clambered on stage, she could feel all eyes on her and her partner. All the courage she built up before has dissipated. Before she could breakdown she felt a pat on her shoulders, there was Spike giving her a knowing smile while carrying a guitar. Fluttershy herself was seated on a beat box. She had a surge of determination after seeing her beloved drake’s charming smile and they decided to start.

Spike started playing the guitar, tunes started to bounce off it and throughout the arena; it seemed to instantly take effect and grabbed the audience’s attention. Fluttershy then started the first bit of the song.

I'm at a payphone trying to call home

All of my change I spent on you

Where have the times gone

Baby it's all wrong, where are the plans we made for two?

The crowd was reeling from Fluttershy’s opening, she sang with perfect pitch and emotion, it was fantastic. Spike then started to strum a bit faster as he followed up to the song. Fluttershy also started playing the box, her hooves slapping away at it like she was already a master who had been practicing it for years.

I've wasted my nights

You turned out the lights

Now I'm paralyzed

Still stuck in that time when we called it love

But even the sun sets in paradise

Everyone was even more surprised at the drake’s amazing voice. It had just the right bit of deepness and was full of emotion, the resonance was outstanding as it went through one ear and exited the other. The audience all felt their voice die down as the coliseum was engulfed in their silence and the singing of the duo. Fluttershy tapped even harder as the two sang the chorus together.

I'm at a payphone trying to call home

All of my change I spent on you

Where have the times gone

Baby it's all wrong, where are the plans we made for two?

The drake then strummed the guitar more as he followed up with rigour. Tonight was a night he simply wasn’t going to fail, tonight was the night he would perform at 100% and he would make sure Fluttershy would get the attention she rightfully deserved.

If happy ever after did exist

I would still be holding you like this

All those fairy tales are full of shit

One more fucking love song I'll be sick

Spike took a deep breath before continuing. The audience was now completely hooked, they were glad they had stayed for this performance instead of going home in boredom. It was like the only diamond in a pile of vomit in that night, it was indeed spectacular, a night that was forever going to be told to every pony’s children and recorded over and over again.

You turned your back on tomorrow

Cause you forgot yesterday

I gave you my love to borrow

But just gave it away

You can't expect me to be fine

I don't expect you to care

I know I've said it before

But all of our bridges burned down

Fluttershy looked at Spike and they exchanged glances, they both secretly revelled in the attention, even Fluttershy who was known to be the biggest introvert in Ponyville, was brought out of her cowardly shell by her much loved dragon. She felt so happy as she sang the next part. She could feel the eyes on her and it filled her with such amazing passion.

I've wasted my nights

You turned out the lights

Now I'm paralyzed

Still stuck in that time when we called it love

But even the sun sets in paradise

Fluttershy started playing the beat box harder and harder while Spike also followed up the tone with the guitar. She continued singing. Spike also loved every moment, he treasured the moment he was spending with his beloved yellow Pegasus, he admired her voice deeply and deep down he knew he was helping her out of the only thing impeding her life, her cowardice, cowardice he none the less found cute.

I'm at a payphone trying to call home

All of my change I spent on you

Where have the times gone

Baby it's all wrong, where are the plans we made for two?

If happy ever after did exist

I would still be holding you like this

All those fairytales are full of shit

One more fucking love song I'll be sick

Now I'm at a payphone...

Spike then walked closer to the crowd and grabbed the microphone stand and chucked the guitar to Fluttershy. She started playing it herself while she beat boxed with her back hoofs. Spike then did the one thing that surprised every including Celestia, Luna and Twilight. Fluttershy was the only one who wasn’t. He started rapping; he seemed even more skilled at it than any of the so called “big time” rappers situated in Canterlot.

Man work that shit

I'll be out spending all this money while you sitting round

Wondering why it wasn't you who came up from nothing

Made it from the bottom

Now when you see me I'm stunning

And all of my cars start with the push up a button

Telling me the chances I blew up or whatever you call it

Switched the number to my phone

So you never could call it

Don't need my name on my show

You can tell it I'm ballin'

Swish, what a shame could have got picked

Had a really good game but you missed your last shot

So you talk about who you see at the top

Or what you could've saw

But sad to say it's over for

Phantom pulled up valet open doors

Wiz like go away, got what you was looking for

Now ask me who they want

So you can go and take that little piece of shit with you

He then grabbed the guitar and started playing again while Fluttershy tore through the chorus. They were both on fire that night and they knew this moment was something they would worship forever, it was simply divine.

I'm at a payphone trying to call home

All of my change I spent on you

Where have the times gone

Baby it's all wrong, where are the plans we made for two?

If happy ever after did exist

I would still be holding you like this

All those fairytales are full of shit

One more fucking love song I'll be sick

They finished up the last piece together. Spike and Fluttershy exuding all the emotions that were running through their mind.

Now I'm at a payphone...

Silence, complete and utter silence. Spike and Fluttershy felt exhilarated and they couldn’t care less if no one enjoyed it. They lived in the song, it makes them feel good, loved, it made them feel closer to one another. It was an experience that could not simply be beat by any picnic, cinema opening or cooking.

The first pony to clap was the pony they least expected to. It was Blueblood; he stood on his back legs quickly and slowly starting to clap slowly speeding up into a rocket completely unlike of a prince. Celestia and Luna followed. The whole room stood up and clapped and cheered, not a single pony remained seated as they had just witnessed one of the best performances of their lives. It was a standing ovation like no other, something the duo had deserved greatly.

To say the dragon and Pegasus was flustered was sugar coating it, they were as red as tomatoes but they bowed in modesty and slowly left the stage.

**********

The elements of harmony and Derpy were all jaw dropping. They never expected in their wildest dreams for Spike and Fluttershy to perform such an outstanding song with such skill and talent, it was great. So that was what Fluttershy was doing. It was like a moment that could not be processed in their minds, not even by Twilight and Derpy, the two most intelligent mares in the group.

Even Pinkie the most energetic pony in Equestria was in complete silence. It was so thick of an atmosphere you can cut it with Equestria’s dullest butter knife. It stayed like that until Applejack broke it with just 2 words.

“Oh nelly!”

With that the gates opened and all the applause started. The elements were clapping so hard that the sound of their hooves making contact resonated around the coliseum, it was all full of fun, excitement and a deep pride for their two friends. Rarity even let out a girly squeal and fainted, some Canterlot elitists also fainted at the sheer greatness the performance had radiated.

********

Blueblood was smiling, for the first time tonight he was pleased. He was filled with a sense of musical euphoria, it was just that amazing. The performance was great and even Celestia and Luna were grinning. Their boredom was smitten of their faces and joy was the main emotion taking over. Blueblood finally broke the silence.

“I know who is first in my book!”

Celestia and Luna just smiled, the two knew Blueblood’s answer to the winning contestants and the emcee didn’t even have to go to the table. The three just sent him a knowing smile, a smile he quickly took in as he himself was stunned by the performance, so he prepared to announce the winner, not a winner but the winners.

*****

Spike and Fluttershy was giggling like school foals. It was fantastic, they couldn’t have cared less if they had lost as they had the time of their life. It was such a fantastic atmosphere of silence and the fact that the audience had actually paid attention to the duo, jaw dropping amazing. The dragon instantly looked at the Pegasus and spoke his mind with excitement.

“Hey Fluttershy I think we should celebrate.”

The yellow Pegasus racked her mind for any idea but none could come up, so she just whipped her head quizzically at Spike and uttered a simple sure. The dragon smiled and took Fluttershy’s hoof in his hand.

“Let’s go to dinner later, my treat! How about it?”

It took all of her will not to pounce on Spike and ravish him with kisses on the lips, there were far too many ponies around to do that so she opted to do it later no matter what would happen. So she just settled for hugging Spike.

“YES YES YES!”

Before Spike and Fluttershy could hear anything else, their ears picked up the loud booming voice of the emcee.

“Ladies and gentlecolts, it is time to announce our champion!”

The other ponies in the backstage had all started leaving; they knew they lost once they listened to the performance of the so called “Butterfly and dragon combo”. It was still a mystery though to the dynamic duo as they wondered why, they never realized it was due to them.

“And the winning number! Contestant pair number 60!”

You could almost hear the sound of eyes popping when you looked at Spike and Fluttershy, they were not expecting the prize, they had entered all for the sake of having fun, not to win but they quickly ran to the stage as it would appear to be snobbish if they didn’t.

The whole arena burst into cheer when the two appeared on stage. The emcee hopped over to the pair carrying the trophy, two envelopes full of bits and a huge smile. He quickly put the prizes down approached the two and raised their hands and hoofs reminiscent of a boxing match and screamed. The pair had the biggest smile painted on their faces that it might even go into the Guinness book of Pony Records.

“BEHOLD your champions!”

The arena once again screamed. They finally had a champion, a champion they themselves adore like no other. He quickly put the trophy at the middle of the two, he then each gave them one envelope then scampered off.

It was a while before the pair could get off the stage, they had to dodge autographs, and they had to duck under record deals before they could fly over the top of the roof to get to their restaurant. They each beamed one of the biggest grins they ever had at one another.

It was awesome.

****

The two were at Donut Joe’s; while it wasn’t a fancy restaurant it the best donuts in Equestria, better than Pinkie’s. As they walked through the door they noticed they were the only ones there except for Pony Joe who shot a big smile to them.

“Great job Spike! I watched it on TV, you two were fantastic. You were like Payphone and she was like Payphone, I mean wow!”

The two once again blushed as red as tomatoes. They could never quite digest the amount of compliments they had been receiving due to the performance, to them they weren’t that amazing, it just seemed so natural, so fluent.

“Thanks Joe!”

“So what will you be having?”

Fluttershy and Spike quickly gave their orders and then sat down, Spike being the gentle drake he is, paid for everything.

“I had one of the best nights ever Shyshy. So I bought you a gift.”

Fluttershy flushed in embarrassment over the idea of a gift. She couldn’t have accepted a gift from her drake as she thought it would be greedy but at least she had bought one too to give to him as a present.

“Spike you didn’t have to, this night and you were the two greatest gifts I could ever receive! But lucky for me I also bought you a gift.”

The two looked at each other’s blushing faces then laughed and both pulled out a box. They both chuckled at the fact they came in boxes, coincidence is funny. Fluttershy slid her box to Spike reminiscent of that matrix movie while he threw his box towards her like Pony Bryan.

“Ok, one, two, three OPEN!”

They both opened the box and were incredibly surprised at the contents. Fluttershy’s gift to Spike was a stunning bracelet, it had what appeared to be solid white gold wire with the most stunning gems adorned on it and at the center was of a certain yellow Pegasus, the Pegasus was made out of solid purple crystal just like Spike. Spike’s gift to Fluttershy was a beautiful set of earrings, the clip was made of solid platinum and two of the largest and most beautiful yellow diamonds shaped like dragons hanged on it.

To say the duo was surprised at one another was a lie, they were unable to speak. The gratitude and atmosphere of festivity was killing them. The two just looked at each other and smiled then melted into a hug.

“Thank you so much Spike, this is the best thing any pony did for me! How did you get this?”

“I could ask you the same thing. Thanks a lot Fluttershy I also love your gift, it is amazing. To answer your question I custom made it for you.”

Fluttershy’s eyes bulged and she turned red before she could once again utter another word of appreciation to the drake.

“Wow that is good, I also made it myself. I guess we really do know how to make things for one another right?”

They both laughed then grinned at each other locking eyes instantly, it did the opposite of what they intended to do. They had intended to just smile joyfully at one another, buthey soon got lost in each other’s eyes because they completely lacked the needed map, they soon started to drift closer and closer and closer until BAM!

Their lips locked in a shower of sparks and electricity instantly spread all the way through their body. This was it; all the romantic tension has finally broke the camel’s back. All the torment and impatience they suffered in each other’s presence was shattered. Their love for each other finally broke through the dam and unleashed the floodgates. They kissed with such a passion that they thought the bakery was about to burn to the ground.

They didn’t stop until they heard a coughing sound; they hastily broke contact and looked in the direction of the sound. There was Pony Joe in disbelief carrying a tray of donuts and two mugs of coco. He was quite stunned.

He quickly placed their order uttered a quick “Nice one!” to Spike and then hastily scrammed.


The two were embarrassed, no that is wrong, they were mortified for a minute at someone noticing them, but they forgot about that and looked at one another. They then realized, they couldn’t give a flying fuck if anyone had seen them, the night was right for the picking and boy were they going to pick!

“What was that about Shyshy?”

Fluttershy decided to be the one to reveal her feelings as it was her who needed to be strong this time.

“Spike, I love you.”

Fluttershy half-closed her eyes, she expected Spike to scream. She thought he might leave and never talk to her again, she envisioned him smacking her. Countless possibilities swarmed into her brain but when she opened her eyes all those ill alternate realities were put to rest, Spike was grinning from ear to ear.

“You have no idea how that makes me feel Shyshy! I love you too, for quite a while now.”

They once again engaged in lip lock but this time they weren’t interrupted by Joe. They did have to stop for oxygen after a minute though but that was fine. Spike and Fluttershy could only utter one sentence in harmony after.

“The best night ever!”

“You really have the softest lips Fluttershy! They taste sweet, better than any fruit.”

Fluttershy just smirked seductively then licked her lips.

“Oh is that so? Why don’t you have more then?”

They once again started kissing, it was one of the best things they have ever done. It was sure to cement the Pegasus and dragon together, who knows maybe they will even be married in the future? It is still too far to think of that but at the moment they were still engaged in giddy mode and boy were they going to enjoy their love for one another.

The future really does taste sweet, just like the donuts that were starting to get cold, but they couldn’t care less because their lip exchange was even sweeter.

They knew they were going to relish the upcoming road, a road that few ponies ever traverse, the road of love .On the future lays a new horizon ready for the newly connected soul mates to traverse through, full of mad magic unicorns, troll princesses and an introverted prince. It was great and nothing was ever going to stop them, all hail the dynamic duo.

Comments ( 31 )

I remember seeing that cover scene in Trixie episode and immediately thinking "SHIP SPARK!!! That is a Spike x Fluttershy Ship Spark!!! Yes, BRING ON THE FLUTTERSPIKES!!!". As a fellow lover of Spike shipfics, you have my favorite, my friend. Keep it up. :)
images.wikia.com/mlp/images/e/e0/Spike_giving_Pinkie_the_thumbs_up_S1E21.png

1761880 Thanks:rainbowkiss: never expected one of my favourite authors to like this story.

1761888
You're too kind. I hope you continue to make more. :)

1761891 I plan to,:twilightsmile: I actually think this is better than my spike and pinkie fic:pinkiehappy:

an interesting story concept. I never saw that pairing coming but to each there own. other then the odd spelling mistake here and there a very well organized story. it seemed a little rushed thou, like you were trying to get so much information and you only had a limited amount of words to write it in. Overall it was a good read and i did get a few laughs throughout. good job from me.

1761913 :pinkiehappy: Don't worry, i will try and improve my next story. But i am glad you liked it:pinkiesmile:

You know when i saw that scene in the show i knew there was going to be a fiction about it

1761964 I actually saw this photo on the internet.... I did the fic before i saw the photo. I haven't seen season 3 yet

1762065 Yeah, lucky for me school break will be here soon and i plan on writing during my break:pinkiehappy:

Shyshy?Hell ya 100% approved!:pinkiehappy:
Why has not anyone else thought of that?!
Why isn't there more views?!
Why isn't this story featured cause it sure as hell deserves it!:flutterrage:
Ok enough questions, anyway dude this was awesome I have no other words for it so I'll finish with this,
HAIL!HAIL!

1762220 featured? That be nice:pinkiesad2:

Well...that was nice. :twilightblush:
Some parts did seem a bit rushed, and I did catch a few minor grammar mistakes, but I loved the story anyway. :twilightsmile:
Great premise; Both D'aaaws and chuckles were had by me. All in all, Ya dun good. :yay::moustache:

>inb4 featured

…AMAZING!!!!!!!!

bit out of character...bu still FAAANTASTIC!!!! :rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

I love this ship, this story was very well made other then a few errors, but very impressive nonetheless, shit, this made my entire day. :pinkiehappy: GO SPIKESHY!:yay:

Aww you guys:rainbowkiss:

You're making me blush:twilightblush:

1762687 I doubt it

Am I really the only one who had reasons not to enjoy this one? I still find it weird, because this is one of the few fan ships that I like... :fluttershysad:
Anyway, I'll just voice my reasons:

Pros

1. Description of the emotions is good.

2. Background description was pretty good
- for example, the stage description gave a good explanation as to how large the crowd was and it was quite believable.

3. Some moments were very sweet and tender.

Cons

1. Too much information, too few events.

For example:

a. " He realized that Rarity would never date him once he found out she was already seeing another colt from Canterlot, he was depressed at first but thanks to the yellow Pegasus, he was once again back to his regular draconic self. He still remembered how they started a friendship; he was running from the library and had crashed into her. Needless to say he apologized a lot and made it up to her by taking her around and treating her against her will, she said she was fine .Fluttershy was a great friend and over time they had gotten closer and closer, .Fluttershy destroyed the emotional storm left behind by Rarity while Spike was slowly starting to coax her out of the shell of shyness that surrounded her being."

- Information like this I would have much rather wanted to see happening in the story and drive its tracks fluently rather than read about them as background fillers. These parts would have made for excellent separate chapters for a much bigger story.
The reason this is a problem is because this is just too much in terms of information and holds me off from immersing myself into the story's narrative.

b. "Unbeknownst to Spike was that Fluttershy reciprocated his feelings but was too shy to act upon it, .Spike was also still harboured thoughts of the disaster that lined his fall with Rarity and he didn’t want to rush anything., lest he lost all his emotional connections with the Pegasus. "

- Similar problem here, this is only mentioned in one chapter but not used to its advantage and the story never seems to use this bit of information to its advantage, other than by explaining what has happened.
See what I mean here? Too much Information, too few Events! Way too much of this is just explained and many parts just beg to have their own chapters written and described, in an attempt to immerse the reader inside the story. :trixieshiftleft:

2. Some pieces of story just Make no sense what so ever!

Take this for example:
- "Fluttershy half-closed her eyes, she expected Spike to scream. She thought he might leave and never talk to her again, she envisioned him smacking her."

WHY... How did we get to something like this, did anything in the story indicate that Spike somehow hated Fluttershy, or other ponies for that matter? I seriously have no idea how she even got such thoughts in her mind. I know she's shy, but this, this is really Pushing it!
And furthermore, this part here served no purpose, nothing other than what Everyone would have expected happened here. I was honestly just disgusted with this one, Fluttershy thinking that Spike would SMACK her face!
Unless I've been told otherwise, I have absolutely no reason to believe something so apparently manufactured as this line! :twilightangry2:

3. Why is there no real conflict in this story?

This is where I put the nail on the coffin. I honestly could deem this a good story and like it as well, even with said problems above, but this one just makes my head hurt so much to the point that it's no longer bearable.

Is there a good reason for why no one other than Fluttershy and Spike exist in this story?
By which I mean, they're only ones existing in this story due to the apparent and rather convinient abscence of other characters in their scenes together, even if there are a few of them.
Other than Fluttershy and Spike's personal turmoil, there's nothing here and even those aren't really conflicts, as they never lead to ANYTHING what so ever. They just end up together, Nothing was ever made of the idea that Spike would rush things or Fluttershy would think Spike is going to reject and even punish her for thinking about him in such a sweet, caring manner.

I don't get this at all, the way I see it, stories need conflicts, or at least a personal turmoil type of conflict that does lead to something.

4. Too many similar opinions from the author thrown into the story = redundancy.

"To say she was red was the understatement of the millennia;"
"To say she was in a state of euphoria was a joke;."
"To say Blueblood was bored to death was the understatement of the century;"
"To say the dragon and Pegasus was flustered was sugar coating it;"
"To say the duo was surprised at one another was a lie;"

This was the most redundant phrase that stuck in my head even after I finished reading this and that would be the key word to this problem, Redundancy.
So instead, let me make a quote for this to explain how this made me feel:

"To say that the repeatedly usage of this phrase bugged me would be the understatement of a lifetime, because this phrase made me want to stop reading this story. Thankfully, I skipped the constant reusages of the phrase and it was ok."


Conclussion:
This story wasn't meant to be a short story.
scratch that... This story wasn't a short story, it was a Shortened story that was meant to fit every single mention of a plot and narrative, only to offer us just the ending of the story.
That is literally the best way I can put it, what I have read in this story is just the end of it.

So I'm sorry to say this and have to be the first comment to critique this, but I'm one of the few who dislike this story. :ajsleepy:
I love FlutterSpike ship, but this was an unsatisfactory story that explained too much but had no story to tell. :trixieshiftright:

1768405 You know I like these kinds of comments :rainbowkiss:
These help me improve and I guess I can't impress everyone, I'll take your advice into consideration.

Riz

1761980

Will there be a Pinkie X Spike ?

1846738 I have already done a PinkieSpike so unless i do a sequel maybe not

This has to be one of the cheesiest (if not the cheesiest) stories I've read so far... And I love it!

Riz

1847614
What story is your PinkieSpike ? Link me please ?

Dynamic duo means I'm very muc sure means hero & sidekick!

Ah, nothing like great music and good romance. A most excellent tale.

That was the cheesiest story ever... Yet i loved EVERY SINGLE SECOND!!!! You, sir, have earned 10 D'awwws from me.

:yay::heart::moustache:

-YNA

You sir, are very lucky that I happen to own 'Payphone' so I could get the entire feeling of the story.

so so beautiful :raritycry:

O)_(O I'm staring at you.

But the worst were when a colt, could have also been a mare, named Justin hoofer performed a duet with a mare called Rebecca Black with backup singers who they called “double take” performed. That was the worst, her ear drums felt like splitting and bleeding, she had to go on stage and banish them to the moon, and I mean she really did banish them to the moon not that the crowd mind, in fact they were glad as they also suffered.

Ahahahaha! This shit had me in tears! :rainbowlaugh:

hahahah very nice it was a really good fic and the part of justin and rebecca was so fun to bad that we can´t do that or can we? :raritywink:

Login or register to comment