• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 18,373 Views, 2,625 Comments

Le Retour - k12314



Kyle thought he was never going to see the ponies again... Well, he was wrong. VERY wrong.

  • ...
47
 2,625
 18,373

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: Mental Intrusion

CHAPTER 23

(Third Person)

"I don't know what to do... He could die at any second, and we're stuck here doing nothing at all!" Dashie was pacing back and forth outside of the hospital, along with everyone else.


"Well, all we can do is hope. And he'll probably be fine. He's survived heart attacks before. Why should this time be any different?" Sean smiled, and Dashie stared at him for a moment.


"He's had heart attacks before?" Sean nodded, and Dashie went pale. "So even if he survives this, he could have another..." Sean kneeled down, and put a hand on her shoulder.


"Listen, I know you're his wife, and you have every right to worry, but you really shouldn't. Kyle is a tough guy. Sure, he has his flaws, but who doesn't? He'll survive, and if he has another heart attack, it'll be another he lives through. There's no way he could just die now. I know he won't." Dashie wiped her eyes and smiled. It was silent for a few moments, until Twilight cleared her throat.


"Now that we're all straightened out... Maybe we should get home. It's getting late, and we can come back tomorrow."


Fluttershy nodded. "I need to take care of my animals. I'll see you all later." Everyone else said their respective goodbyes, and left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(First Person)


"So... What was it like a thousand years ago?" I was still in a Lunar Dream, talking to Lulu.


"It was quite different. All ponies spoke ancient Equestrian, which is equivalent to Elizabethan English, as it is called in your memories. I do say, you know many different things about your world from it's more ancient times."


"That's not even ancient. Our world goes back billions of years." Lulu's eyes widened a bit. "Crazy, huh? But humans weren't around until WAY after the world was made. Before us, the world was inhabited with dinosaurs. Go ahead and dig up memories of those." Lulu did just that, and her eyes widened even more.


"Such violent creatures..."


"No kidding. But that's how a lot of things on Earth were, or are, or will be. That's just how it works. Like I've said, there are good things on Earth as well... Wait, I completely forgot! There's another human here. His name is Owen Vincent Brahms, but he prefers to be called Vince. He's a pretty good guy... But he's one of those scientist types. When you get him talking on a subject, he won't shut up about it. He put the entire schoolhouse in Ponville asleep." Lulu and I started laughing.


"You are quite the interesting one, Kyle. I never know what you're thinking, or what you're going to do next. And it's hard to fool me." I gave her a sly grin, and that coined me another chuckle.


"Hm... You know, I've been wondering... I have a friend named Lyra. She knows about Humans. And I don't just mean me, I mean our culture. She's been studying us... How could a regular pony know about us?" Lulu looked away from me, and I could tell she was hiding something. Time to use my silver tongue...


"Listen, Lulu, you can tell me whatever it is that you know. I won't be mad. Trust me." She looked at me, and she looked very guilty.


"Well... Humans used to live here, on Equestria. Earth... Isn't your true home." My jaw hit the ground.


"WHAT?!"


"Yes. You see, Over one thousand years ago, humans were here, advancing their technologies, living their lives... They had their quarrels, yes, but 'Tia and I defused them before they escalated into war. But then, Discord came along, and he wanted to throw everything into chaos, and take the throne of Equestria. He went after humans first. He put chaos into their hearts, and caused a war like no other. Left and right, there were bodies everywhere, human and pony alike. We had to do something, so we did. We found a world that seemed habitable, and empty, and we found yours. So we sent the remaining humans there. Apparently, human leaders had the same ideas 'Tia and I did. We did our best to wipe all traces of humans from our history, and I'm assuming humans did the same to ponies. But we must not have gotten it all, as your friend found out... And of course, some inventions of theirs were left behind, and architecture as well, which we adopted into Equestrian culture. That play we have every year on Hearth Warming Eve?" I nodded, and remembered how Lyra poked all sorts of holes into the story. "It's all made up. Every last word of it." Saw that one coming.



"So lemme get this straight: My home world is actually HERE, not Earth?" Lulu nodded.



"I understand completely if you're mad at me."


"No, Lulu. I'm so happy, I think I could jump for joy! I KNEW I had a feeling that I belonged here! I can't thank you enough for telling me this!"


Lulu blinked. "You mean... You aren't upset that most of your history is a lie?"


"Who cares? I'd rather it be a lie than this place!" I gave her a big hug.


"Kyle... Can't... Breath..." I let her go, and smiled sheepishly.


"Eh... Heh. Sorry. But seriously, thanks."


"Oh, it's no trouble at a-" Suddenly, everything went dark, and Lulu melted away from my vision.


"What the-" Then, a familiar face appeared in front of me. Black, slicked back hair, pure black eyes, pale, pasty skin, and an evil smile. "Torrie."


"Hello again, Kyle. Enjoying your little visit to the hospital? I never would have thought the Element of Love would have a weak heart. Ironic, isn't it?" He cackled like a maniac, and I tightened my fists.


"Get the hell out of my head."


"Oh, I'm so scared... What can you possibly do to get me ou-" My fist dug into his cheek, and he fell over. When he pulled himself up, I saw that I'd split his cheek open. Blood ran down his face, and he just stared at me, until he started laughing again. "Well we're just as violent as ever, aren't we? I bet you've done the same thing to your pathetic wife and worthless child!" I felt my vision start to shake, and the vein on my forehead started throbbing.


"You. Shut. Your. FUCKING. MOUTH!" I rocked him in the jaw again, and I saw a tooth go flying into the darkness we were surrounded by. But after he recovered, he started laughing again. "What the FUCK is so funny?!"


"You. You believe that you are a hero, yet you are so violent. Don't heros always try to be diplomatic before they go diving into combat? You're just a crazy bastard!" His laughter got even louder, and I almost busted a gasket right there. But I managed to calm myself down, and a crazy idea popped into my head.


"OBJECTION!" I smiled like a maniac.


"What?"


"Your claim is false! You say that heros ALWAYS try to be diplomatic, but heros are only diplomatic the first few times they encounter a repeat villain, and then they start jumping straight into combat!" I balled my fists and put them on my hips, striking a heroic pose.


"What in blazes are you going on about?"


I waggled my finger. "Tsk tsk tsk... Poor Torrie, no taste in good games. But what I'm saying is, I'm done with trying to be diplomatic with you. You're the crazy bastard here. So I'm a bit violent, so what? I'm human, I have my flaws. You're just a raging murderer, always trying to kill everyone or everything. What is it that makes you so evil, anyways? Why were you chosen to be the Traveler of Evil? Did your uncle touch you when you were little?" It was my turn to laugh like a nut, which I did. He clenched his fists, and I saw a twinkle of anger in his eyes. "Did I touch a nerve? WAIT! Maybe I was wrong... Maybe YOU touched your uncle, eh? I feel sorry for the poor man."


"You don't know what you're talking about!" He threw his arm sideways.


"HOLD IT! I may not, but that's the point! You're getting all upset, but I have no proof! What's the matter, were my claims correct? Oh Torrie, you naughty, naughty boy, you!" He was getting beyond pissed. I could practically see the fire in his eyes. "Heh, I gotcha. Well then, shouldn't you be going?"


"Oh no, Kyle, you've pushed my buttons for the last time. Now I think I'll push yours. I see that you are dear friends with Princess Luna..." My eyes widened.


"I swear, if you lay a FINGER on her, you're dead. I'll make sure of it."


"Oh, I won't have to lay a finger on her. I've already got a plan, and it'll make you regret ever crossing me." He disappeared into the darkness, leaving a wake of evil laughter.


"What's that son of a bitch planning...? Oh well, I can take whatever he throws at me." I saw the Lunar Dream begin to materialize around me again, and Lulu was still there, and she looked terrified.


"Kyle, are you OK? I couldn't get through to you. Something was blocking my mental link from reaching you."


"Torrentican is planning something... And it involves you, Lulu. But don't worry, if he tries anything with you, I'll kick his rear end, don't you worry." She smiled, and we sat back down together.


"You're quite the hero, aren't you?" I shook my head.


"No. I'm just one of the good guys."

PreviousChapters Next