• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 18,373 Views, 2,625 Comments

Le Retour - k12314



Kyle thought he was never going to see the ponies again... Well, he was wrong. VERY wrong.

  • ...
47
 2,625
 18,373

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15: Of Timelords and Toothpaste

CHAPTER 15

Scoots walked inside, and she looked happier than ever.


"I assume the date went well." The smile she had on got even wider. I suddenly thought of Pinkie.


"Oh you have no idea! I thought it was gonna be all awkward and stuff, but it ended up being really nice! Apple Bloom even wanted to see some of my flying techniques!"


"Wow. That sounds like it was really nice. You're a lucky mare, Scoots, having a marefriend like Apple Bloom..." I let out a little sigh. "I remember when you were little... Man, I wish I could see you with that basket on your head again." I laughed, and Scoots got a sly smile on her face. She made her voice a little more high pitched, and...


"I'm being adorable and there's nothing you can do about it!" I almost had a heart attack.


"SO ADORABLE...! Well, I think I'm gonna head out, and look for something to do. You have fun, and stay out of trouble, alright?" She rolled her eyes.


"Dad, I'm not little anymore!" I laughed and ruffled her hair.


"Yeah, well you're still my kid. Alright then, I'm out! Onwards and upwards-"


Scoots cut me off. "Allons-y?" I smiled so wide I almost broke my jaw.


"Allons-y. AND AWAY I GO!" I jumped off the cloud, and into the town below. Nopony even jumped when I landed in the town square, which was sorta sad. I usually scared somepony when I made sudden entrances like that. "Oh well. Time to wander the streets aimlessly. I need to find a hobby..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"UGH! Nothing's happening! Why is it that whenever I WANT something to happen, nothing does? I'm cursed, I tell you!" I was talking to myself... Don't judge me. I sat down on a bench, and decided to just sit there and think. I closed my eyes, and leaned back...


And was nudged in the side by a pony sitting down next to me. I almost started yelling, but when I looked at said pony... I was silenced. It was a mare, with a dark blue mane and a white streak through it, a powder blue coat, and she was smiling at me like a nutter. I did NOT recognize her, and that was pretty weird, since I knew everypony in town.


"Uhhh... Hi?" I scooted away a little.


"Hi there! My name's Colgate!" I shook her hoof, and she looked me over a bit, but she was trying to hide it... SUSPICIOUS MODE, ACTIVATED.


"My name's Kyle... I'm surprised you don't know me."


"Why's that?" Yep. Suspicion rising.


"Because I'm an ALIEN. Didn't you notice? Bipedal, no coat, FINGERS." I waggled my fingers in front of her for emphasis.


"Oh... Um... I... Didn't notice?" I wanted to facepalm so badly."


"Does she even know how suspicious she's being?"


"So... I you're an alien... How did you get here?"


"Apparently not..."


I decided to just play along. "Well... It all started on my sixteenth birthday..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"... And then I jumped off, and landed in the town center, and started wandering around. I decided to take a rest and think, sat down on this bench... And now you're here. Asking me all of these questions. And it's very suspicious."


"I'm just trying to be friendly..." And thus, my guilt kicked in.


"I'm sorry, I guess I'm a mite paranoid. Come on, I'm getting tired wanna go on a wa-" As we stood up, I saw her Cutie Mark. "AN HOURGLASS?!"


She jumped, and tried to sit down and hide it. "Oh, um, well, you see-" She stood up and tried to run off, but I grabbed her by the tail.


"Oh no you don't! You're staying right here, and telling me why your Cutie Mark is just like The Doctor's!" She fell down on her flank, and let out a sigh of defeat.


"Well... You know how he told you he was the last living Timelord?"


"Lemme guess, you're a Timelord, and you survived that massive battle with the Daleks."


"Yes. I was never actually in that battle." I cocked an eyebrow at her. "You see, I was on my way to the battle, when suddenly, I was tugged through a wormhole by some powerful force, and I ended up here. My TARDIS died in the process..." She suddenly looked very sad.


"A TARDIS can die?"


"Yes, they are living beings, grown by the Timelords. I've taken a liking to this place. I have friends, and I nice job down at the flower shop with Lilly and Roseluck." I remembered Rose. The British one. Apparently she and The Doctor spent a lot of time in Equestria. I'd thought as much.


"Sounds nice. I actually HATED my life back on Earth before I came here. When I was here, I quickly adjusted, because it's so happy and nice. I've had my share of troubles, as you know, but still." I shrugged and smiled. "So, where have you been staying that you never see or hear about me?"


"I live in an old house outside of town. I like to be alone with my thoughts sometimes."


"I used to be like that too. And then I ended up here in Equestria... I do have one regret though..."


"What's that?" She raised her eyebrow. I had half a mind to tell her not to rip me off.


"I never got to tell Rose goodbye. Not the British one, but the one with no hand... She was really important to me. She was my only friend, and I up and left like that... Every time I was back on Earth I never once thought to go visit her. Some friend I was." I stared at my feet. The guilt was overwhelming.


"Well... You'll get a chance to see her again one day, I mean you've gone back to Earth twice. Who's to say it won't happen again?" I immediately perked up.


"You're a smart pony, you know that, Colgate?"


"Yes, I do. Being a nine-hundred and ten year old Timelord who's been everywhere and everywhen can do that to you." I almost fell over from laughing. "'Everywhen...' I get it." I looked up into the sky. It was getting dark.


"Woah! How long have we been talking?"


She shrugged. "Almost three hours, I guess. Your story was REALLY long." I nodded.


"I need to get home. It was nice meeting you, Colgate. I'll come talk to you sometime, OK?"


She gave me a very warm smile. "I'll look forward to it." I waved and flew off.


Some of the ponies I meet, I'm telling you...


Telling me what?


PINKIE?!

PreviousChapters Next