• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 18,373 Views, 2,625 Comments

Le Retour - k12314



Kyle thought he was never going to see the ponies again... Well, he was wrong. VERY wrong.

  • ...
47
 2,625
 18,373

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4: Lifeless

CHAPTER 4

(Listen to this)

I ran at Hoops, screaming like a madman. Then, I grabbed him with my free hand and slammed him against a wall. Be warned, the next few lines are not for the faint of heart. You see, when I get REALLY mad, I get really badmouthed. The only reason I haven't cursed up to this point is because I couldn't bring myself to do it in front of the ponies, but I was drunk... So... Yeah.


"I'LL RIP YOUR FUCKING HEART OUT!" I spat as I yelled, and he just cringed.


"I-I-I thought you were dead!" He was squirming a bit, but nothing could get out of the death grip I had him in.


"Well guess what, dumbass... I'M NOT! BUT YOU ARE!" I had the broken bottle up to his neck, ready to cut his throat open at any second. But instead of doing that, I slammed his head on the wall a few times, and slashed his chest a few times. I was going to have a little "fun" before getting rid of him.


"Oh... You think you're so tough? Where were you the past five years, freak?" I felt my eye twitch. I ran right at him, and swung downwards, driving the bottle deep into his leg. He howled in pain as I dug the jagged edges under his kneecap and ripped it out of place. I then yanked the bottle out, and broke it over his head. I picked up one of the shards, and shoved it in his mouth.


"You insulted my daughter..."


PUNCH. He coughed up some blood.


"You've messed with me so many times..."


PUNCH. Blood was running from his mouth, and he was gagging on the shard of glass.


"AND I'M DRUNK AS HELL!"


PUNCH. He was making very light gagging noises, and his breathing was somewhat strained.


I stood up, and kicked him in the ribs a few times until I heard a satisfying CRACK to signal that I broke something. Then I kicked him in the side of the muzzle, and I saw a tooth fly out. I saw a rubbish bin sitting nearby, so I picked it up and slammed it down on his head. Blood was running from his nose and one of his ears. He was twitching, and he was just barely breathing. I landed a few more kicks on his stomach, and then stomped on another one of his kneecaps, making sure that he would never walk again.


I spit on his face, and stumbled away, leaving a horrified Scoots behind.

(Stop the music)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked, not knowing where I was even going. I had sobered up, and realized that I just nearly killed somepony right in front of Scoots.


"You FUCKING IDIOT! You probably just scarred her for life... You can't do anything right... Why!?!? Why can't you just do a single damned thing right?"


Then, Scoots ran up behind me. Seeing her up close made me smile. She still didn't have her Cutie Mark, but she had her short, pale pink mane, and she was a good bit taller.


"Hey kiddo... What is it?" I went to ruffle her hair, but she swatted my hand away.


"... You're sick." I felt any shred of happiness that was in me shatter instantly.


"W-What?"


"You heard me. So he insults me, then hits me. So what? You didn't need to nearly kill him! I managed to rush him to the hospital... I hope he's alright..."


"... I assume you're going to turn me in?"


"No. I want you to have to live with everything you've done. You don't deserve prison. I was wrong, you're not a monster. You're something much, much worse... I never want to see you again." She turned and flew off. I was devastated. Both by what she said, and the realization that I missed her first flight. I missed teaching her how to fly. What kind of dad was I...?


After wandering for a bit, and rifling through a few dumpsters for something I needed, I found the hill where me and Dashie had our first date. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I felt my back pocket to see if it was still there, and it was. I walked up the hill, and sighed as I looked up at Luna's night.


"Sorry I never found time to come see you Luna..."


I climbed up the tree on the hill, and just laid in a branch, staring up at the sky, crying. After about ten minutes, I stopped, and wiped my eyes. It had begun raining, hard.


"I just can't keep up like this... I don't know any other way... I know this makes me a coward, but..."


I took the rope out of my back pocket, and started tying it to the branch.


"I can't take it anymore."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Third Person)


Applejack loomed in the bushes near the top of the hill, braving through the rain that had begun, watching Kyle just lay in the branch, mumbling to himself. Then, he pulled a rope out of his pocket.


"What th' hay is that boy doin'?"


After he tied it around the branch, he tied it around his neck, and sat, ready to jump. Applejack's eyes widened, as she realized what he was doing.


"No! It can't end like that! Not until Ah' tell 'im..."

(Listen to this)


But, instead of jumping, he sat there. She could just barely make out his words.


"I'm sorry, everypony. I'm sorry Dashie... I'm sorry Scoots... I'm sorry AJ... Oh man, I really fucked up this time, didn't I...? There's just no point in keeping up like this. I'm just... I don't even know what I am. I'm just a drunken, murderous THING. I don't deserve this place, these ponies... Why the hell did I even think it would be a good idea to come back? I should have just stayed behind..."


Then, he jumped. He began to make slight choking noises, but mainly stayed quiet, accepting death's embrace. A sharp clap of thunder made Applejack snap out of her shock, and race towards Kyle, who had stopped squirming, and just stared ahead blankly. She worried that she was to late.


As she stood below him, she realized she couldn't do anything to save him. Tears began to run down her cheeks, blending in with the heavy rain, only slightly blocked by her brown Stetson cowpony hat. She realized that she would never get to confess her feelings for him.


Then, as if a gift from the Goddesses, a familiar brown pegasus shot by, smashing the branch off, bringing Kyle down to rest on Applejack's back. Zephyr had saved his life.


"AJ! What happened!?!?" Zephyr was in a panic, trotting in place.


"H-He was in so much p-pain... E-Everypony w-was mad at 'im... He'd lost th' will t' live... Why'd it have t' go this far...? What'd he ever do t' deserve this? He deserves what he had... And it was all jus' taken away from 'im in a heartbeat... Why're Ya' here anyways?"


"I heard that Kyle was back from a few weather pegasi, so I came by to look for him. I thought that he might be here... But not like this..."


Then, a faint cough came from Kyle's lips. Zeph and AJ just looked at each other, and ran at full gallop towards the hospital.

PreviousChapters Next