• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 18,373 Views, 2,625 Comments

Le Retour - k12314



Kyle thought he was never going to see the ponies again... Well, he was wrong. VERY wrong.

  • ...
47
 2,625
 18,373

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 42: Shopping, and Arguing

CHAPTER 42

*Yawn*


I sat up, and I realized that I'd slept on the couch. "Oh shit, what'd I do?" if you're married, and you're sleeping on your couch, you know you messed up big time.


"Morning, Kyle." I looked towards the stairs and saw that Dashie was awake. She was looking at me with a twinkle of amusement in her eyes.


"Alright, what'd I do?"


Dashie cocked her eyebrow. "Whaddya mean? You didn't do anything."


I shrugged. "I was sleeping on the couch, so I assumed it was because you made me. I've really gotta stop drinking so much. I can't remember ANY of last night."


Dashie gave me a little wink, and turned to walk into the kitchen for breakfast. "Too bad. It was fun." She wiggled her flank a bit, and I felt a stupid grin creeping across my face.


"Yes. Just... Yes. Sometimes, this seems too good to be true. I don't care if this place is a cartoon on Earth, this is awesome! Dat flank... Oh man, I spent way too much time on the internet back then. All those memes and sayings are permanently etched into my mind..."


"Kyle? What do you want for breakfast?" I heard Dashie rummaging through the refrigerator. I walked into the kitchen, and leaned down a bit to look in the fridge.


"Uh..." I scanned over the contents, and didn't really see anything I was craving, so I just grabbed a sandwich. "Eh, it'll do. Forget society's rules of what you eat, and when." Dashie giggled a bit as I stuffed my face. I hardly ever ate breakfast, and when I did, I was a lot hungrier than I seemed.


"So, anything you want to do today? Maybe we could go hang out with Hoops?"


I shrugged. "I dunno. You know how I am, leave the house, and wing it. Heh, wing, and I'm talking to a pegasus. Oh, how puntastic..." Dashie let out another small giggle. "Dashie, if I ever say something as stupid as that ever again, hit me in the face as hard as you can." Before I knew it, her hoof connected with the side of my head, and I lurched sideways a bit. "Ack! What the hell?"


"You said something stupid." She had a trouble-making smile on, and I just furrowed my brow.


"Har-har-har. Very funny. Now then... How about we go shopping? Honestly, I just think we need to get more food."


Dashie nodded. "Right. That fact's pretty obvious, since you're eating a sandwich for breakfast."


"Hey, I don't need no rules telling me what I can eat, and when. Now just lemme finish eating, and we can get going."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hm... What exactly do I wanna get...?" Here we go, I'm talking to myself again. That's what happens when I concentrate. Dashie nudged me in the side. "Hm?"


"You're talking to yourself again."


I rubbed the back of my head. "Right... Sorry. Now, I think I want some pears." The Doctor would be disappointed in me right now.


Dashie rubbed her chin a bit. "Uh... I think the pear cart is over there. Next to Applejack's cart. They always argue over one thing or another."


"Great. Any money says we stumble upon an argument."


And of course, as soon as we got a little closer, I heard an argument over the buzz of the crowd. I knew it...


"... Come on! Y'all can't really believe that pears 'r better 'n apples, can ya?" I almost facepalmed. An argument over opinions. Wow.


The pony at the pear cart looked pretty annoyed. "But everypony loves pears! I don't understand what all this fuss is about. Just let them buy what they want, which is obviously pears!"


"This is so stupid. I'm gonna fix this right now."


I walked up to the pear stand, and leaned down on it, glaring at the stallion running it. "You'd best be quiet. Applejack is one stubborn mare. And you're using sheer opinion in your argument, you're doomed to fail."


he chuckled, and shook his head. "Oh, but I think you have no idea what you're talking about." I felt my brow furrow at that.


"You wanna start an argument with me, pal? You just made your last mistake..."


(Listen to this)

I cracked my neck, and smiled. "Now, using opinions in an argument is dumb enough, but trying to use them as the main base of the argument is just plain stupid. And to top it all off, you're up against one of the most stubborn ponies to ever live, and she's got pride and livelihood backing that up, fueling her argument even more. And I swear, every single pony here in Ponyville that I've ever met, I've seen eating a Sweet Apple Acres apple countless times. I've never seen a pony around here eating a pear." I crossed my arms, and the pear salesman just swallowed hard, and tried to look past me.


"Uh... Nopony listen to him! I'm sure you all love pears! Come on, step right up-"


"Hold it." I felt my smile widen. "Now your just ignoring me. That means you're just plain rude. Nopony wants to buy anything from a rude stallion," I turned around to the small crowd that was gathered around the argument. "do you?"


I heard a collection of "no"s, and I looked back at the pear guy, who was starting to sweat.


"Well, I think that answers my question." I leaned in even closer to him, and his pupils shrunk to pinpricks. "Now, I have a question for you: Are you gonna shut up, and let business go on as usual, or am I going to have to further out-argue your sorry flank? Your choice..."


His eyes flitted around, looking at all the ponies glaring at him, then to Applejack, who looked pretty smug, and then to me. "You... Who do you think you are?"


I leaned back a bit, and cocked my eyebrow. "I'm amazed you don't know about all of my professions. I assume you know that I'm Kyle Bucy?" He nodded. "Well, add 'Ace Attorney' onto the end of that. As a matter of fact..." I dug through a nearby rubbish bin, and pulled out a newspaper. I looked at the front page, and chuckled a bit. "Read this." I slapped it down on his cart, and he stared at it, reading aloud.


"'Kyle Bucy, whom all of you know to be one of the few Humans in Equestria, managed an amazing triumph in the Cloudsdale Court of Equestrian Law yesterday, having proved his defendant, Hoops Basket...' Not Guilty for murder?!" He looked back up at me, and I just nodded.


"You just tried to argue with a guy who's skill is arguing." He stared at me for a few seconds, until he fell over, unconscious.


(Stop the music)

Dashie trotted back to my side, staring at the pony I'd argued into unconsciousness, then up at me. "You... Really did that, didn't you?"


I let out a little laugh, and nodded. "Yep. He'll be fine, I just made him go a little nuts is all."


"Whoo-wee! Well Ah'll be darned, you done knocked 'im out cold jus' by yellin' at 'im!" Applejack tossed her hat up in the air, and caught it on her head, giggling the entire time. "Now Ah'm gonna get all th' business! Ya know what?" She handed me a burlap sack. "Here. Have a free sack 'a apples, free 'a charge."


I took the bag. "Thanks, AJ. And don't worry about it, anything to help a friend. And it feels good to get into an argument. Helping you was just an added bonus." We all had a good laugh, until AJ said "goodbye" and went back to managing her cart. Dashie and I headed off to continue our shopping.


"Why is it that everywhere you go, something crazy happens?"


I shrugged. "I dunno. Craziness follows in my wake, I guess. Why, isn't it fun?"


Dashie giggled, and nodded. "Oh, it is. I was just wondering, is all."


The rest of the day went by normally, but I had an extra spring in my step. I'd managed to push Dumb-Bell into the back of my mind, but the issue was still there.

PreviousChapters Next