• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 18,368 Views, 2,625 Comments

Le Retour - k12314



Kyle thought he was never going to see the ponies again... Well, he was wrong. VERY wrong.

  • ...
47
 2,625
 18,368

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25: Forgiven

CHAPTER 25

"So... My life is in a TV show. That's... Interesting. At least I ended up in one of the better ones. If I would have ended up in Jersey Shore..." I shuddered at the very thought. At least, my dream self shuddered, I knew that I was completely motionless in the hospital. I was still watching the memories float past, and I was taking the memories of all of the episodes I'd watched from the show, and was reliving them. It was weird, because I was there, in the episode, but I also wasn't. I was like a ghost that nopony could see. I was in the middle of "Read it and Weep." I couldn't believe how much Dashie reminded me of myself when I was in the hospital. Bored out of her mind. I chuckled a bit at her little montage of boredom.


"I still wonder why Dashie isn't my number one favorite pony... And being tied with Twilight, no less." If you're wondering why Dashie was tied with Twilight, it's because I liked how practical Twilight was about everything, and how she made sense a lot of the time. "Oh man, this is gonna make hanging out with Twilight so awkward..." I facepalmed, and decided to pay it no mind, and returned my focus to the episode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Third Person)
(Four Hours Later)


Everyone was in Kyle's hospital room again. Dashie was getting more and more worried by the second, but everyone else seemed calm. AJ put a reassuring hoof on Dashie's shoulder.


"Now, Y'all just calm yerself. He's gonna be fine, Ah' know it." Dashie hung her head.


"I know, it's just... I'm scared. Even if he does survive this, what if it happens again? I can't calm down, AJ. I'm just too worried..." AJ nodded, and backed off. Nobody said a word for almost ten minutes after that. They sat there, listening to the silent hum of machinery, and the heart rate monitor beeping.


Beep... Beep... Beep... Beep... It was totally steady. That offered some solace to everyone, but they were still worried. Sean sighed.


"I'm sorry, everypony. This is my fault... I should have known that if I showed him a more dangerous animal, something could have gone wrong..." Everypony gathered around him, and nuzzled him.


"Now Sean, don't talk like that... How could you have known he was going to have a heart attack? You couldn't have, so don't blame yourself." Twilight looked up at him, and gave him a big smile, which he couldn't help but return. He crossed his arms, and leaned his head back a bit.


"I know, Twilight... It's just... I'm worried about him, and this is kinda my fault." Twilight frowned, but didn't press him any further.


"Umm... Even though he hasn't woken up for a bit, I know that he'll be OK. From all the times I've had to help him, he seems to be in decent condition, despite his health issues." Shy smiled a bit, as did everyone else.


"Well, whenever he wakes up, I can throw him a "Glad you're OK!" party!" Pinkie started laughing and jumping all over the room.


"Pinkie, darling... Do you really think a large, stressful party would be good for his heart?" Pinkie stopped going nuts, and looked at Rarity.


"Oh, right... Sorry." Pinkie smiled sheepishly, and everyone giggled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(First Person)


I was almost done with all of the memories, when everything faded to black, and I felt a strong falling sensation. It went on for a few seconds, until my eyes shot open, and I saw a white ceiling. I shot up in the hospital bed, and looked at everyone. Dashie, AJ, Pinkie, Twilight, Shy, Sean, and... Rarity? I was surprised, but I was too busy clutching my chest, which felt like it was on fire.


"Oh jeez this hurts... Hey everyone, how goes it?" They all stared at me as if I was nuts. Dashie started hugging me and kissing me on the cheek, spouting off a rant that was completely unintelligible, but I knew it was about her being thankful that I was OK. I hugged her back, and looked at everyone else. Everyone looked like they were extremely relieved. Dashie eventually let go of me, and I slowly got out of the bed. I started sweating a lot, and I felt like everything in my body was burning. I managed to take a step forwards, but I fell down onto all fours. "Woah... Ouch... Someone help me up?" Twilight lifted me back to my feet with her magic... And then sat me back down on the bed.


"You need to rest... You just woke up after being unconscious from having a heart attack. Do you really think you should be up and about right now?" I chuckled and shook my head, but the chuckling made my chest hurt, so I stopped.


"I'm fine... Really..." I noticed how weak my voice sounded. "Hey... Any of you got a mirror?" Rarity nodded, and her horn started to glow. A mirror popped up out of nowhere, I assumed it was a summoning spell of sorts, and levitated it to me. When I looked at myself, I looked how I felt. I was ghost white, and my eyes were really glassy, and I was still sweating. "Wow. I look like crap." I tried to get out of bed again, and that got me a lot of dirty looks. I rolled my eyes, and stood back up. But this time, I could walk, but every step made me feel like I was on fire, and my chest felt like it was going to pop like a zit.


"You're a really stubborn dude, you know that?" I shot Sean a dirty look and made my way to the door.


"Well... Lets all get going... No point in staying here, is there?" Everyone looked at each other, the worry evident on their faces, and then followed me out the door, and out of the hospital. We all said our goodbyes, and went our separate ways. I walked with Rarity.


"So, did you want to talk with me or something?" Rarity looked up at me with a forced smile, but I could see fear in her eyes. The guilt was unbearable. I dropped onto my knees, and gave her a big hug.


"I'm sorry for what I did, Rarity... I... I couldn't help it, I just went off. I'm sorry... I know you probably don't want to be my friend anymore after this, but at least tell me that you forgive me..." Rarity broke the hug, and stared me right in the eyes.


"Now I won't have any of that nonsense. You're a very nice man, Kyle. I know that what you did was more than... Uncouth, but I forgive you. Sean told us what happened, and I want to tell you that if you ever need to talk to anypony, you can come to me, or any one of the girls. We're here for you." I felt tears begin to build up in my eyes. I used to think that Rarity was just stuck-up and prissy, and I never really hung out with her much because of that. But she was really a kind pony, just... A bit too fancy at times.


"Thanks, Rarity... That makes me feel a lot better." I gave her another hug. That was one massive weight off of my shoulders, but there was still one more.


"How am I gonna deal with all of this being a cartoon?!"

PreviousChapters Next