• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 18,373 Views, 2,625 Comments

Le Retour - k12314



Kyle thought he was never going to see the ponies again... Well, he was wrong. VERY wrong.

  • ...
47
 2,625
 18,373

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 44: The Dark Descent, Part 1

CHAPTER 44

I was sitting on my couch, trying to relax a little bit for once. I felt terrible that day, and I just wanted to rest a little bit, and hope that I feel better.


"Man, I've really gotta take better care of myself."


I laid back on the couch, and looked out the window of my cloud home, looking at all of the other clouds roll by, and trying to match them to animals or items or anything, really.


"Oh Kyle~..."



Oh no... "Torrie, please, for the love of- Would you just go away?"


"No. I told you I had a plan for you, didn't I? And I think you're going to love it..."


I crossed my arms, and let out a sigh. "Ugh... Alright, go on ahead, do your worst, see if I care."


"How considerate of you."


I suddenly felt very lightheaded, and my vision began to blur. "What... The... Hell?" I put my hand on the side of my head, and I started swaying back and forth. "What're you doing to me?!"


I heard mad laughter ring through my head, and I fell back down on the couch. Everything was swaying back and forth, and pulsating.


"Hehehe... Now you just sit there, and enjoy what I have in store for you, you miserable little whelp."


I couldn't make a witty comeback, as I'd fallen over, and blacked out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Listen to this)


"Ugh... What the-?!" I sprung upwards. I was laying on the floor... But I wasn't in my living room. I was in some old, musty room, with cobblestone walls, and a wooden floor. There was a single, old-style door, a table, a bed, and a dresser. I was standing on a dirty old rug. "Why does this seem... Familiar...?"


I heard Torrie's evil laughter in my head. "Oh, you'll find out... I'll just leave you to it, Kyle. Have fun..." I decided to leave the room. I was in an old hallway, with a window to my left, with a table under it. On the table, sat a lantern. Something clicked in my mind.


"No... No. No, he didn't... No fucking way."


More evil cackling, and I felt my eyes bulging. "Yes, I did. I've locked you in the deepest recesses of your mind. You know that little spot in your mind where you shove things you want to forget? You're there. All your worst fears, your most crushing moments, your most evil deeds... All of them reside here, and you're going to relive each and every one of them."


I rubbed my hands on my face, and shook my head. "Oh no... I can't believe this... And lemme guess, if I die in here, my body just goes 'kaput' on the outside?"


"You're a clever one. Exactly. Now, you go off and have your fun. I'll see you in hell..." I felt the mental link sever, and I was on my own.


"I would have preferred his company over the silence... Oh well..." I went back into the first room, which was obviously a bedroom. I searched the dresser, and I got a single tinderbox, and a small flask of oil.


"Great... I just HAD to love Amnesia back on Earth... I hate myself sometimes."


I heard something move on the floor above me, so I tried to quiet my footsteps, and I kept the lantern off. The hallway was barren, asides from two doors on each side at the very end.


"I guess I'd best get this over with."


I walked down the hallway, but my vision was being very strange. Everything was pulsating and crawling, and my head hurt a little bit. I ignored it, and checked the door on the left end of the hall. It was a small room, with a few dressers, a cupboard, and some old chairs. After I turned the room upside-down, I'd found two tinderboxes, and a large potion of oil. But when I checked the next room, it was a library, lit with only one candelabra.


"What the heck...?"


I looked on a small table near the door, and there was a little note on it.


"'Knowledge will open your path...' What the- Oh! I remember this! Just look for the books that are sticking out a bit... Sheesh, a puzzle, straight off the bat."


I ran my hands over the bookshelves, the light in the room helping my head, and I felt my vision beginning to regulate. I felt a book jutting out. When I pulled it, I heard a metallic clank, followed by the sound of chains on a pulley system. I rushed around the room, looking for more books, yanking them all off of the shelves, and after doing that for a little under a minute, I heard a loud BANG, and white washed over my vision, slowly fading out, and I saw one of the bookshelves sliding out of the way, revealing a large, stone passageway.


(Stop the music, listen to this now)

"Jackpot."


I headed down the passage, but it was almost pitch black, so I turned on the lantern, holding it out in front of me as far as my arm could extend. The hall slowly became narrower as I continued down it, to the point where I had to shuffle sideways to make any progress.


"Man, it's a bit of a tight squeeze... Who's the idiot who built this place?!"


After another five minutes of awkward shuffling, the passage opened into a small room with a door and a single torch for light. I put out the lantern, and opened the door a crack, looking through to the room beyond. It was a small meeting hall of sorts, with a slightly large table in the center, chairs strewn about the room. Someone, or something, had been busy tearing the place apart. There were a few paintings here and there, all crooked and torn. I headed in, and closed the door behind me.


"What a dump... Wait a second..." I looked out the window, and I saw... Pine trees. "OK, no way this is England, and that means I can't be in Brennenburg. So where am I? Asides from the obvious fact that I'm in my own mind. I'm both confused, and intrigued at the same time."


I looked back over the room again, but I didn't see anything useful. There weren't any doors, save for the one on the other side of the room, so I assumed I just had to pass through, which I did. Then, the room shook, and I almost fell over. The window shattered, meaning I had a way out.

"Oh hell yeah! I'm outta he-" I almost jumped straight out of the window, but when I looked down, I saw red, fleshy muck all over the ground, and forest stretching for miles around me. "... Alright, I guess I'm not going that way. Dammit- Wait, what's this?" I saw a small piece of paper sticking out of the bookshelf next to the desk I'd climbed over. I grabbed it, and skimmed over it.


Dear Diary,


I have finally convince Fluttershy to come in for testing and experimentation, promising her that she would be stronger, and able to defend herself if anything were to attack her. How very gullible of her. I plan on only making a few subtle changes, maybe giving her a new leg or two, and replacing her wings with those of a griffon, as their wings are larger and stronger than the wings of most pegasi. She will be the first of many experiments, all performed on those I call my closest friends. Imagine, all of the Elements of Harmony, made even better, through science! It will be wonderful, I'm sure of it. I must leave, and make necessary precautions for the surgery.


Twilight Sparkle


I stared at the paper, looking it over a few more times, unable to believe what was written on it. "Holy shit. Is this gonna be the 'crazy-ass doctor' scenario? Knowing my mind, it will..." I let out a sigh, and slipped the paper into my jacket's inside pocket.


"This is gonna be a long day..."



That's right. No monsters... At least, not yet. I think you have a pretty good idea of what, or should I say, who the monsters are going to be, though... Holy hell, I really am insane... All I can say is, when I start encountering said monsters... Please don't hunt me down and kill me. Please. But, in all seriousness, this is going to be similar to Amnesia in the sense that it has a slow beginning, but then picks up over time. So... Enjoy it, dammit!

PreviousChapters Next