• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 18,373 Views, 2,625 Comments

Le Retour - k12314



Kyle thought he was never going to see the ponies again... Well, he was wrong. VERY wrong.

  • ...
47
 2,625
 18,373

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28: Confrontation

CHAPTER 28

The train pulled into Canterlot, and I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I ignored it. "Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all outta gum." I felt a giant grin creep across my face, but then Pinkie frowned a bit.


"Awwww... But I wanted some gum!" FACEPALM.


"No, Pinkie, it's- You know what? Never mind... Are we all ready?" Everything went silent.


"Um..." Twilight dug at the ground a bit.


"Well... We ain't exactly likin' the whole idea of beatin' the tar outta someone. Ah' know he's been muckin' everythin' up, but-" I put my hands on AJ's shoulders, and gave her a very serious look.


"AJ, if there's one thing humans know best, is that violence is sometimes the only answer. Duke Nukem taught me that." I saw Sean try his hardest to suppress his laughter, and everypony stared at me in confusion. "I'll explain it to you all later... Right now, we've got some evil to thwart, and ponies to save." I heard a collection of agreements, and we were off.


"If that ruffian did anything to Rainbow Dash or Scootaloo..." Rarity looked pretty darn mad, and I felt my respect for her rise a bit.


"Trust me, if he did ANYTHING to them, he's getting a club to the head." I tightened my grip on my club, and my knuckles turned white. Twilight put her hoof on my side.


"Please Kyle, just calm down... You're going to get yourself hurt again, or even worse..." She looked like she was going to cry again. I put my hand on the top of her head, and smiled at her.


"Don't worry, if anyone's getting hurt, it's Torrie. I'm gonna make him wear his rear-end as a hat, I'm gonna make darn sure of that." She didn't seem to convinced. "Oh come on, Twilight. I love you guys! I'm not gonna let myself get hurt and make you all take care of me again." I gave her a big hug, and she must've loosened up a bit, because when I let go, she seemed satisfied.


"Alright, I trust you."


"Thanks. And I know that I'm gonna be fine, because I have all of you going in there with me. I'm not going it alone like last time..." Everyone's expressions darkened, as did mine. We walked the rest of the way to the castle in silence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Third Person)


Torrentican waited, almost eagerly, for Kyle and his little group to show up. He had quite a few surprises for them. He looked at the two bound and gagged ponies in front of him. One was orange with a purple mane, and no Cutie Mark. The other: A cyan pegasus with a technicolor mane, and a rainbow lightning bolt coming out of a cloud as a Cutie Mark. They'd both put up a very good fight. The bite marks all up and down Torrie's arms and the slight soreness in his crotch proved that point. But, he just used a paralysis spell on them, and dragged them along with him to Canterlot to use them as hostages for the next part of his plan. Celestia was away in Zebrica on royal business, and Luna was sitting in the other room, completely under his control. "These two being my hostages will surely be enough to make that wretch surrender. And if not, I can always just rough them up a bit more..." The two pegasi already had a few marks and bruises on them from when he'd gotten bored not ten minutes ago. "And if all else fails, I have their beloved princess of the night. Surely they'll give up this time."


He has absolutely no idea how wrong he is, does he? As soon as he was done with his little talk with himself, the doors to the throne room burst open.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(First Person)


I threw the doors open, and what I saw next almost made me lose it right then and there. Torrie had Dashie and Scoots tied up and gagged. I could hear their muffled cries for help. My vision was already washed with red.


"Ah, well if it isn't my dear friends. Come in, and bow down to your new ruler." Sean took a step forward. He looked absolutely PISSED.


"Torrentican, you've gone WAY too far this time. You're gonna pay." Torrie just laughed at us.


"Oh, I'm so scared. For that little threat, I think some punishment is in order." He kicked Scoots in the stomach. I heard her yelp, and then start crying. That got me. I stepped forward, shaking all over from sheer rage.


"You... You have no idea what you just did..." He cocked his eyebrow.


"I kicked your pathetic daughter. That's what I just did." I slowly shook my head.


"No... You didn't kick just my daughter... You kicked one of the most precious things to me in this world. You just signed your own death warrant." He laughed again, and grabbed Dashie by the hair, and started yanking her around, laughing maniacally as she started to tear up and eventually cry.


"Kyle..." Twilight stepped up next to me.


"Yeah, Twilight?"


"I take back what I said before. Don't be careful, go all out on this sicko." I smiled, and nodded. I rushed forward, screaming like a maniac, with my golf club readied like a baseball bat. Torrie wasn't expecting this, and when he switched his focus to me, the club was already in contact with the side of his skull.


PING!


Torrie was hunched over, clutching the side of his head, which had blood trickling out of it. I stared at him, and I felt a threat coming on.


"So, Torrie... I can see this working in two ways. One: You get the hell out of here, and never come back, or Two: I beat the living shit out of you, and MAKE you leave. Which'll it be?" He slowly stood up, but he had a crooked smile on his face. "What is he up to...?"


"Actually, I can only see this going one way..." I cocked my eyebrow, but then he punched me... Right in the chest. I felt extreme pain all over my body, and then I felt another blow connect with my face. I stumbled backwards, and then tumbled down the stairs leading to the thrones. Torrie stood over me, staring me straight in the eyes, his insane smile still there. I looked over to my friends, who were staring in shock. Torrie hefted me up, and I could barely stand. He grabbed my right arm, stretched it out, and then...


"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" He slammed his elbow down on mine as hard as he could, and it bent the wrong way. But he wasn't done yet. He picked me up over his head with both arms, and threw me against the stone wall, and I left a dent from the blow. My golf club clattered to the ground next to me, and almost all of my senses shut down. All I could do was watch helplessly as all of my friends rushed in to fight Torrie off. Sean yelled something, but I don't know what it was, and then a bucket hit Torrie on the head. They all went after him at once, and the only reason all of my friends weren't gravely injured is because they had Torrie overwhelmed. There was all sorts of commotion. Pinkie doing... SOMETHING... Applejack bucking the crap out of Torrie's midsection, yelling about how he should never touch me, Fluttershy... Was tending to me. Rarity and Twilight were sending blasts of magic at Torrie, and Sean was just doing his job. I felt completely useless, but I knew that my friends were more than capable of taking him on.


Or so I thought.


Torrie's hand started to glow, and Twilight was raised into the air, and she was completely motionless. He must have paralyzed her with magic. He swung her around, slammed her into a few walls, and even used her to smack the others away from him. Eventually, he got bored with her, and threw her into one of the stone pillars holding the room up, and she smashed through it. I looked at her form on the ground. It didn't move. It didn't get up. I felt a burning rage through my entire body, and I slowly stood up, which surprised Fluttershy.


"Torrentican..." I wobbled a bit, and almost fell back over. The fight stopped, and everyone involved stared at me. I picked up my golf club with my left hand, the one that didn't have a broken arm attached to it, and stared straight into Torrie's eyes. He cringed a little under my stare. "You just made your last mistake."


I rushed into the battle, which resumed. I clubbed Torrie in the back of the knee, and he stumbled, putting his jaw right into AJ's line of kicking. I heard a satisfying CRACK as his jawline was thrown out of place. Rarity zapped him with a stun spell, and I saw his muscles convulsing. I brought my club down on his back twice, and he groaned in pain. He laid there for a moment, but he pushed himself back up on his feet, slowly.


"How much of a beating can you take?!" I smacked him in the side with the club, but he just glared at me. I felt myself become very warm, and I saw the glowing in his hand. I flew up into the air, and Torrie blasted me with a projectile spell. It hurt. Really badly. Pinkie Pie tackled him down, and I landed on the ground, and fell onto my knees, gasping for breath. Rarity picked me up with her magic, and gave me a slight nod before focusing on Torrie again. Everything was blurry, and I didn't think I could go on anymore. All of the different colored figures in front of me were moving too quickly for me to focus on them. Before I knew it, I was stumbling up the stairs to the thrones, where two other figures were lying on the ground, writhing slightly. My vision managed to focus a little bit, and I saw it was Dashie and Scoots, still tied up. I undid the gags first, and they both started muttering "thank you" over and over again as I undid the rope holding their legs together.


"Daddy..." Scoots fell into my arms, and just started sobbing. Dashie however, was brushing herself off and flexing.


"Dashie... You need to go home and rest." She looked at me like I was crazy.


"No way! That jerk is getting a piece of my mind!"


"And I'll take care of Scootaloo while you two fend him off." Fluttershy gave me a kind smile, and I nodded to her.


"OK then. Dashie, shall we?" She smiled ear-to-ear, and shot off towards Torrie, whereas I just sprinted down the stairs. And the fight was on again! Dashie grabbed Torrie by the collar of his shirt, and hefted him up into the air, and spun him around, and even let go a couple of times and just barely caught him. We were all laughing. She eventually let go of him for real, and he slammed back into the ground. It looked like it really hurt, because it most likely did. Everything started going completely crazy, and I lost track of everything that was going on. It was like being in the middle of a riot...


Then, I felt something connect with the back of my head, and I fell over, the ground rushing up to meet me, along with the darkness of unconsciousness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt myself slowly coming to. When my vision had returned to me slightly, even though everything was blurry, I could make out a few other figures laying strewn about the room. They were all of my friends, alive, but unconscious, and badly hurt. Even Sean was knocked out cold. "There's no way Torrie did all of this..." My ears stopped ringing... And I heard the sound of fire. After actually looking over the room, I realized why. The tapestries and carped were torn and of fire in some spots, and there were giant holes in the walls and ceiling, and some of the pillars were destroyed. "What the hell happened?!"


My question was answered for me when a large, black pony stepped in front of me. It had blue armor on, and green, dragon-like eyes, and a flowing, blue, ethereal mane... And a horn, and wings.


"It appears you have awoken. Good, now you can experience what I'm going to put you through..." I shook my head. I didn't recognize this... Mare, I was assuming from the voice.


"Who... Who are you?" I wondered where Luna was. She wasn't among my knocked out friends.


"Why must you know? You are going to die anyways." I decided to play it smart, and use my silver tongue.


"May I at least know the name of my executioner?" She pondered this for a moment.


"I don't see why not..." She paused for a moment, and then grinned evilly. "I..."


"Am Nightmare Moon."

PreviousChapters Next