• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 18,373 Views, 2,625 Comments

Le Retour - k12314



Kyle thought he was never going to see the ponies again... Well, he was wrong. VERY wrong.

  • ...
47
 2,625
 18,373

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31: Drinking

CHAPTER 31

When Twilight had taken me to Fluttershy's, Shy of course made me rest for a day, and it was already late in the evening by the time Vince was ready to fix my arm. I hadn't been paying attention to him the entire time, but I decided it'd probably be for the best. "... Alright, now this is gonna hurt. A lot. So... Hold still?" Vince was trying, and failing, to convince me to not be a little nervous of him messing with my arm.


"Come one, do you really think that's gonna convince- AGH!" I felt white hot pain through my arm, and watched as the bones shifted around, eventually finding the spots where they belong, and mending back together. I felt a little happy knowing I wouldn't have to go for weeks with my arm in a sling, but I was too busy biting my lip, holding back my yelps of pain. It eventually died down, and I opened my eyes, although I didn't remember closing them.


"Now, that's probably gonna feel weird for a few days, but you can use it. Just don't go getting your arm folded like a blanket again." A little grin went across his face.


"Oh hardy-har-har. Very funny. So, you can use magic now? I'm assuming it has to do with those nanowhatchamacallits in your blood." He almost facepalmed. I could tell he really wanted to.


"They're called nano machines. And yes, Twilight cast a spell on me, and they adapted to it, and now I can-" I tuned him out. I didn't feel like listening to a big sciencey explanation. Fluttershy smiled sympathetically, and motioned for the door. I nodded, and headed out.


"Now... What to do..." It was getting a little late. I decided that it would be best to just head home.


"HEY! KYLE!" Dashie was shouting my name from straight above me. Right when I looked up, she slammed right into me, and pinned me to the ground. "Heh, you need to work on your reaction time."


"Alright, you got me... So! Is there a reason you've got me pinned to the ground in the middle of the road?" She let me go, and I stood up, and brushed myself off. "Or did you just feel like domestic assault?"


She furrowed her brow a little bit. "Oh, so you don't want to take your wife drinking?"


"Wait, what?"


"Remember when you said you'd take me out drinking at the party? At Sean's place?"


I took off my hat, and scratched my head. "Yeah, I remember that. You wanna go now? I'd gladly take you. I feel like a drink anyways." She smiled ear to ear.


"It's been a while since we really spent time together." I nodded.


"Yeah, we've been out for a bit before, but we can consider tonight a date. I'd love to take you out more, but crazy stuff won't stop happening. It seems as if when I'm around, trouble follows."


Dashie trotted in a little closer to me, and leaned on me as we walked. "That may be so, but hey, it's not your fault. Besides, you always manage to deal with it." I chuckled, and scratched her behind her ears. She loved that.


"Yeah... Alright, well, the place I always go isn't too far from here. It's probably only a ten minute walk-" Dashie grabbed my hand, and bolted off. We were going so fast, everything was a blur. In only ten seconds flat, we were standing right in front of my favorite bar. "... Or we could just do that. I'm assuming you remembered it from my little breakdown..." Her expression darkened, and she nodded. "Well then... In we go." I pushed open the door for her, and followed her in. We took a seat at the bar, and the bartender recognized me.


"Well, if it isn't Kyle... And I see you brought your lady friend!" He gave Dashie a joking wink, and I had to stifle a laugh.

Tonight is going to be a long night... In a good way, of course.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(One hour later)


"*Hic*" Dashie was swaying back and forth, and one of her eyes was half-closed. "This... This is a LOT of fun... We need to *Hic* go drinking more often..." I was biting my knuckles, trying not to laugh. Dashie was ridiculously cute, and hilarious when she was drunk. "What're you laughin' at?"


"You're drunk."


"I'm not drunk! I might be a little tipsy, but..." I gave her a slight nudge on the shoulder, and she almost fell out of her stool. "Wah... That's not very nice, you know... *Hic*


"You, my fine-feathered wife, are completely drunk. Just sayin'."


"You can be really *Hic* mean sometimes, you know that, Kyle?"


"Yes, yes I do."


At this point, some pegasus stallion walks up to Dashie, and he looks like the kind of guy who you'd want to punch in the face just because of the way he looks.


"Hey there..." He looked at me for a second, and then back to Dashie. "How about you ditch your... 'Friend' over there, and come home with me tonight?" Uh-oh. Sleazeball detected. Dashie, in her drunken state, had no idea how to respond. Everypony else in the bar knew me, and they knew about my family. They were all giving the sleaze the "you're digging your own grave" look.


"Well... Uh... He... *Hic*"


"Awwww come on, babe! He's just a... Whatever he is, but I'm a good looking, well mannered, kind stallion! What's not to like about me?" It was at this point that I stood up, and stared down at him. he didn't seem scared, much to his ignorance. He took a step back, and raised his front hooves in a mock-defensive position.


"Woah, look out everypony, we're dealing with a badflank over here." I started cracking my knuckles.


"What'd you just say?" He tilted his head up slightly, and a smug grin ended up on his face.


"You heard me-" My uppercut connected with his jaw, and he almost did a backflip. He stood back up, and I saw that he'd bit his tongue, seeing as to how he spit out a glob of blood. "What the hay, man?! I'm just hitting on a girl, and you go and hit me?"


"That's my WIFE, you moron!" I pointed to Dashie's earrings, and then to my ring, which he had imprinted on his chin. He did a double take, and then shook it off.


"Ah, come on! You gotta let your wife have some variety in be-" A stool connected with his head, and he stumbled back, and bumped into a rather mean-looking stallion.


"Bub, you've messed with the wrong bar-goer." The mean stallion gave me a slight smile and nod, and started wailing on the sleaze... And next thing you know, a full-on barfight had broken out. Dashie was sitting off to the side, laughing like a maniac, while I was struggling not to get pulverized by a bunch of crazed, drunken ponies.


(Listen to this)

I had absolutely no idea what was going on, but I was having a blast. Ponies were breaking chairs over each other, glasses were flying everywhere, and I was in the middle of all of it. "Might as well have a little fun!" I picked up a glass from a table, and smashed it over the nearest pony's head, and ducked before another pony socked me in the jaw.


"Not so fast!" I grabbed his outstretched leg, and threw him into another group of brawlers. "So long!" I turned around to fight ponies on my other side, when a stool connected with my back. I stumbled a bit, and turned around to see who signed their own death warrant. It was the sleazeball.


"Not so tough now, are you?" I slowly laughed, and approached him. "What the-" I clasped my hand on his shoulder, and gave him a big smile.


"I say, you have some SERIOUS testicular fortitude to even THINK that you could get away with that." I tightened my grip, and my expression changed to a more... Crazed one.


"Umm... Can't we talk about this?" I slowly shook my head. I could have sworn I heard rusty hinges as I did so.


"Oh no, you've already made your choice."


(Pause the music)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Meanwhile, just outside, moments before the previous scene...)


"I say, Twilight, you do have great taste in books. But what else should I expect from a librarian?" Rarity and Twilight were heading off to the Boutique to have a sleepover, after picking up a large collection of romance novels.


"Well, I've never really been the most... Outgoing of mares. I guess novels are just my escape. There aren't that many stallions around here, and some of them are gay anyways." Rarity nodded her head.


"Yes, it's a shame, really. They're missing out..." Rarity looked past Twilight, and stared into the window of the bar across the street. "Is that Kyle?" Twilight looked as well, and sure enough, Kyle was there, in the middle of a bar fight, with his hand on a stallion's shoulder.


"Oh no... What's going on now?" Twilight rolled her eyes.


(Resume the music)

Suddenly, Kyle picked the stallion up, and threw him through the bar window, and the stallion bounced out into the middle of the street.


"You LIKE THAT, you sleazeball?" Kyle walked over to him, and kneeled down next to him. "Now, what have we learned?" The "sleazeball" looked absolutely terrified.


"N-Never m-mess with mares, EVER! Please don't hurt me..." Kyle stood up, a satisfied smile on his face.


"Good... Oh, hey Rarity, hey Twilight. Lovely night we're having, huh?" The two mares stared at Kyle, and then looked to the sleazeball, who was running at full gallop down the street. They looked back to Kyle, who looked confused. "What?"


The two shook their heads, and Kyle just shrugged, and ran back into the bar, eager to get back into the fight.


(Stop the music)

"You know, Twilight, I think things are going to be like this from now on. Kyle seems to bring these kinds of situations around a lot..." Twilight nodded her head.


"I agree. You do have to give him credit for his... Vigor."


"I suppose."

PreviousChapters Next