• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 18,373 Views, 2,625 Comments

Le Retour - k12314



Kyle thought he was never going to see the ponies again... Well, he was wrong. VERY wrong.

  • ...
47
 2,625
 18,373

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19: Hatred

CHAPTER 19

Yeah, I've slowly written this over the course of two days, even though I'm going through a lot right now. But, I managed to write this, so enjoy it.




I ran.


That was all I could think to do. I was feeling an enormous wash of emotion. Pain, anger, guilt, sorrow... If it was a bad feeling, I was feeling it at that moment. For seventeen years, I'd been bottling all of my negative emotions up, and they finally came blasting out, and I took it out on one of my friends.


"Friends... Can I really call them that anymore, after doing all of that? I can't believe myself... I hate myself..." I stopped in front of a shop window, and I stared at myself. I looked... Different. Darker. Grey. I thought that sounded familiar, but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything anymore.


I didn't love anything anymore. I hated everything. Everywhere I looked, I felt a deep, burning hatred. I didn't understand why, so I just decided to roll with it.


"Why did I even think it was a good idea to stay here? They all hate me, and I hate them back..." I know I sound like I was being stupid, but hear me out. "Maybe I should just run off somewhere else..."


"Yes... Leave them all... They hate you..." Some voice in my head was telling me what to do.


"... Well, I guess it's best I just leave... And I know where I'm going." I headed off for the mountains.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in the same cave where I'd smashed the transmitter crystal Torrentican had set up. It felt like a distant, fading memory. My head was clouded with anger.


"I hate everything... I don't see why I cared about any of it in the first place. It's all so... Ugh. I can't even explain it..."


"You don't need to explain anything. You don't need anything but hatred now." I nodded my head in agreement to the painfully familiar voice, and leaned back a bit.


"Ah' think Ah' saw 'im go in here!" Applejack. Of course, I can't just wallow in my hatred alone. I hid behind a large chunk of rocks, listening to the approaching hoofsteps. I was hoping they hadn't seen me.


"Let me use a locator spell. I can pick up on the magic that's inside of him." Crap. I just HAD to be an Element. I peeked out from behind the rock, and saw that they weren't paying attention, so I hovered a bit, and snuck out of the cave...


"Wait... He's outside! How didn't we..." Twilight stopped, knowing that I was avoiding them.


"Ah' don't get it. Why's he runnin' from us? We didn't do nothin' to 'im!"


"I think he's just freaked out from all the stress he's under. We just need to talk to him." Twilight sounded determined. I scowled in disgust. I hovered down the side of the mountain, and looked up at the sky. I saw a rainbow streak fly by.


"Crap." I cut off into the Forest, hoping that she hadn't seen me. "Why can't I just be left alone..?"


"They just want to insult you... To laugh at you... They can't stand you..."


"Yeah... Yeah! They don't care about me! I bet they just wanna rub this whole mess in my face and say it's all my fault. It's THEIR faults!" I spat on the ground, and my frown went even lower. I can't explain the hate that was flowing through me, it was unimaginable. "Now where do I go...?" I looked along the mountains dotting the landscape ahead of me, and my eyes landed on Canterlot. "Large population, large city, loads of places to look..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Third Person)


"UGH! I can't believe he said that!" Twilight slammed one hoof down on the ground in anger.


"He... He had to have a reason... Right?" Fluttershy was on the verge of tears after hearing what Kyle had said to Twilight.


"Didn'tcha say he looked a bit... Different? What'd Ya' mean by that?" Applejack raised her eyebrow and tilted her head a bit.


"Who cares?" Twilight looked like she was going to have a mental breakdown. "He doesn't, that's for sure! He said he hates us, and he flipped out like that on Rarity... Where is she, anyways?"


"She said she was gonna go to the spa and relax a little after all of this." Rainbow Dash seemed amazingly calm, despite the circumstances.


"Why are you so calm?! He's your husband for crying out loud!"


"Twilight, don't you think I know that? I know him better than any of you. He would never do all of this unless something was really getting to him... Or unless something is causing him to do all of this. You said he looked grey or something? Remember when Discord messed with all of our heads?" Everypony's expressions changed to a look of sudden realization.


"That explains why he's acting so hateful... But why did he flip out on Rarity?"


"I believe I can answer that question." Everypony looked at the doorway, where Sean was now standing.


"Sean! When did you-"


"I've been standing here almost the whole time. I know why Kyle lost it. He exploded."


"He... Exploded?" Twilight looked confused, because she was.


"Yeah. He's been bottling up all of his emotions for his entire life, and they all came rushing out on Rarity. I guess she's just the one who yanked off the cork. He must've felt so guilty about it, that he ended up losing it completely."


"So whadda we do? We can't just sit by and wait until he comes to his senses! I'm gonna go find him and-" Applejack bit Rainbow Dash's tail, and pulled her down to the ground.


"And what? Rainbow, Ah' hate t' say it, but Ah' don't think no regular talkin' 's gonna help 'im any."


"I think it might, but we all need to be there." Sean motioned for them all to follow him.


"But where exactly is 'there?'"


"Canterlot, Twilight. Just think: Loads of ponies, a huge city, and a load of places we'll have to look. He'll think of that too, I know it. Now come on!" Everypony nodded, and followed Sean out the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(First Person)


"Ugh... I hate how similar everything looks here. I can't tell what street I'm on!" I kept on walking through Canterlot, shoving every pony that got in my way out of it. I wasn't going anywhere, I was just trying to confuse Twilight and anypony else who may have been following me.


"Excuse me... Sir. You're being quite rude." A posh looking Pony gave me a smug, yet dirty look. I must've shoved him out of the way. I slapped off the monocle he was wearing, and gave him a dirty look.


"Piss off, you waste of space. I'm in no mood to deal with rich pricks like you." He stared at me, and I just turned and walked away. "These ponies... I swear. One of these days, I'm just gonna lose it." I kept shoving my way through the streets, but decided to stop in at a coffee shop to get something to drink. I took a seat at a table in the back corner of the shop.


"Kyle?" Wow, that voice sounds familiar. I turned around and saw a white unicorn with green eyes, and a pink and purple mane. "It's me, Sweetie Belle. I'm so glad to see you! It's been, what, five years? I heard you where back in Ponyville, but I've been here, singing at concerts for the week. I even got my Cutie Mark!" She turned sideways and showed off her mark, a blue songbird, with musical notes coming out of its beak.


"Yeah yeah yeah..." I waved my hand, and turned back around to my drink.


"K-Kyle... What's wrong?" She sounded hurt.


"Nothing. Just leave me alone." I heard a few sniffles, but Sweetie Belle just said "OK" and I heard her hooftsteps gradually get quieter, and then I heard the door to the shop open and close. I felt a flash of guilt, but it was almost instantly snuffed out by the burning hatred in my heart... But I started crying. I didn't know why at the time, but the tears just kept rolling down my cheeks, and they wouldn't stop.


I felt dead. Dead to the world.

PreviousChapters Next