• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 18,368 Views, 2,625 Comments

Le Retour - k12314



Kyle thought he was never going to see the ponies again... Well, he was wrong. VERY wrong.

  • ...
47
 2,625
 18,368

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: Nightmare

CHAPTER 29

I had to force my way through writers block (AGAIN) to write this... UGH! I've been stuck in a rut lately.


I blinked, and stared at her for a moment or two. "Nightmare Moon... Why does that sound familiar- Oh no." I felt my pupils shrink to pinpricks, and I tried to inch backwards a bit, but I was sitting against a wall. "No... You... But everypony-" A dark blue aura surrounded my lips, and forced them shut.


"Oh, I know what you're thinking. That The Elements destroyed me, and that I would never be back again. Well, Torrentican has served me well, and has released me from my prison. As a reward, when I take over this miserable kingdom, he will rule alongside me." I wanted to scream out in protest, by I was completely muted by her magical grip.


"OH SHIT."


"Of course, for giving him and I so much trouble, I'm going to have fun with you first..." Her lips curled into a wicked, deranged smile. It was the smile of a murderer.


"OH SHIT."


"Now, are you going to come quietly, or am I going to have to toy with you beforehand?" She let go of my lips, and an idea hatched in my head. I put on my best expression of defeat that I could, and nodded my head. "You don't even disgrace my ears with your voice. I like that, human."


"Yeah, you keep on acting all high and mighty. I've got a plan." She led me down hallways and corridors, and the whole time she had her eyes locked on me. She knew I was going to try to escape. We kept walking for about fifteen minutes, and she let her guard down, and looked straight ahead of her. I slipped into another hallway, and went from a sneaky walk, to a quick walk, and then started running full sprint back to the throne room to help my friends. It was pretty easy to find the way bak: I followed the smell of the smoke from the little fires burning all over the place that I saw when I woke up. But of course, only a couple of minutes after my escape, I heard a booming voice spread through the whole castle.


"GET BACK HERE, HUMAN SWINE!" Wow. Classy. Of course, this made me start panicking, and just furthered my adrenaline rush, and made me run even faster. But I heard her wings beating.


"NONONONONONONON-" Before I could finish that thought, I felt myself hoisted into the air. "Oh dear..."


"YOU'RE IN FOR IT NOW. I WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER FOR THIS." Crap. There goes my escape plan, in ten seconds flat.


"OK, come on Kyle, think of something... Oh if only I had a vat of grease and some chickens... And I wasn't being dragged by the collar by a deranged pony goddess that wanted me dead. Hm..." I noticed there were loads of banners everywhere that were displaying Celestia's face. Another idea hatched in my head. "Hey, Nightmare."


"That's Nightmare Moon to you, DOG." Harsh...


"Yeah... Well, all of these banners, they have Celestia's face on them, right?"


"Yes... I'm not understanding where you are going with this." She cocked her eyebrow at me. I must have piqued her interest.


"Well... What if I took them all down for you? When you take over the kingdom, you're gonna want banners of yourself, and royalty shouldn't have to do such work themselves... Right?" She put her hoof on her chin, and pondered this for a moment. And then gave me a slight smile.


"You make a good point. Get to work, and I've got my eye on you. Don't even think of trying to make an escape." I nodded, and flew up to the banners, and started untying them, one by one. As they all fell down, I noticed that Nightmare Moon was standing directly below one.


"Perfect..." I untied the last few banners, and then I got to the one above Nightmare Moon. She was so focused on me that she didn't even notice that the banner would land on her if it fell. I untied it, and as soon as it landed on her, I dashed back down the hallways, taking different routes, zipping in and out of different rooms, and things like that. I heard her shouting again, but I was too focused on getting back to my friends and helping them. But then...


SLAM!


"Hey, watch it, will ya?" I'd slammed right into Dashie- WAIT, DASHIE? I jumped at her and gave her a big hug.


"When did you wake up?! Are the others OK?"


"We all woke up about five minutes ago. We split up to look for you. I guess I found you first. Heh, I knew I would." I couldn't help but grin at that. We were up against Nightmare Moon, and Dashie is stroking her ego.


"Alright, lets get back to the throne room, and wait until everyone gathers back there." Dashie nodded, and we both flew off at top speed through the halls of Canterlot Castle, Nightmare Moon's angered shouts echoing through them the entire way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"... And then we just hit her with our Elemental Attack, as I like to call it." Sean was going over the whole game plan with us. Scoots was even going in with us. I always thought I'd raised her right, and that just proved it. Of course, I'd protested, but Dashie said she'd be a big help, and you NEVER argue with your wife. NEVER.


"I like this idea. Lulu won't be hurt any, right?" Twilight shook her head.


"No, there's no injury involved with this spell. It just banishes Nightmare Moon to the depths of Luna's mind, and Luna will be back to normal." I felt myself frown. "What's wrong?"


"Do you really think that's all we need to do? We need to get Nightmare Moon out of Lulu's head COMPLETELY, or this could happen again." Everyone looked at me with bright eyes, like I was a genius or something. "Really? Y'all NEVER thought of that before...? UGH!" I facepalmed. "Alright... Twilight, you have a spell for this, right?"


"Yes, it's a spell used to cure split personality syndrome. We simply go into the REAL pony's mind, and fish out the alternate personality, and simply destroy it. Of course, Nightmare Moon will be a little bit harder to defeat, but in her weakened state after using the Elements, I'm sure it won't be too hard." I nodded, satisfied with our plan.


"Alright then. Let's go! ALLONS-Y!" I dashed off down the hallway, but a small voice came out from behind me.


"Wait...!" It was Fluttershy.


"Yeah? What is it, Shy?" I kneeled down in front of her.


"Um... Well... You aren't going to actually... Hurt... Nightmare Moon, are you? I mean, what if Luna feels it..." I hadn't thought of that. I had my golf club in my hands, and I guess I did look a little violent... OK, I looked like I wanted blood. Shy was looking right at the club with a worried look on her face.


"... I'll only use it for defense. I promise." She closed her eyes and smiled, slightly tilting her head. "MUST. RESIST. URGE. TO HUG."


"OK... We can get going now... I mean... Unless there's anything else we need to do..." I shook my head.


"Nope. Anyone else got anything to say?" Silence. "Good. Now then... Onwards and upwards, ALLONS-Y!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Shhh... There she is..." I'd lowered my tone to a whisper. I always love getting the drop on my enemies.


"How're we gonna summon The Elements stealthily?" Sean sounded very unsure of my plan, for some reason.


"Easy. I distract her while Twilight and you guys ready up. I'll think of something." Everypony facehooved, while Sean just smiled.


"Kyle, are you SURE about this?" Rarity cocked her eyebrow, and pursed her lips.


"Absolutely. It'll work, trust me..."


"Just... Be careful, Dad." Scoots looked really worried. I ruffled her hair a bit, and she let out a small giggle.

Don't worry, I'll be fine. Alright... Here goes nothing!" I jumped out from behind the wall, and threw my club to the side. "HEY! OVER HERE YA BIG LUG!" That got her attention... And she was also extremely angry. She charged at me, horn pointed right down, ready to dig out my insides. "Oh HELL no! Not again!" I jumped out of the way, and then climbed up onto her back, and hung onto the collar of her armor. "Ride em' cowboy!" She started trying to buck me off, but to no avail. I saw Twilight and the others gathered up, their Elements glowing. I needed to get over there. But then, as luck would have it, I lost my grip, and got tossed right into a wall. "Ouch..."


"So, you thought you were so smart, riding me like a common bull? Now you're REALLY in for it, you pest."


"Ohmanthinkofsomethingcomeonthinkthinkthinkthinkthinkthinkthink- LIGHTBULB!" I pointed over Nightmare Moon's shoulder. "WOAH! WHAT'S THAT?!" And then, she actually looked. I still can't believe she fell for that. I jumped up and ran into position, and my ring started glowing. My vision was washed with a white glow, and then it got even brighter, presumably from the flash of light.


"NOOOOOOOOOOO!" Then, after another flash, we all fell to the floor.


"Woah... That was nuts. I'll never get used to that..." I put my hand to the side of my head, and stood up. Lulu was on the floor in front of us, unconscious. "Uh... So! What do we do now?"


Sean took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. "Well, we could start cleaning this mess up, and wait until Luna wakes up..."


"Ah' like that plan."


I nodded. "Me too... Now lets get to work. Cleaning this whole mess up isn't going to be easy..." We headed back off to the throne room, and I saw a glowing, yellow pair of eyes dart away from the doorway ahead. "And this isn't over yet."


Alright, sorry if this seems rushed or sloppy. Again, I forced my way through writers block to get this chapter out. I was leaning towards having Nightmare Moon torture Kyle, but I think he's been through enough, no?

PreviousChapters Next