• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 8,940 Views, 210 Comments

Where the grass is green, and the girls are... PONIES? (Chapters Revised) - Pinkies Imagination



A human wakes up in equestria after a series of strange events

  • ...
32
 210
 8,940

A grave funeral

Same thing as before, hope you enjoy it and leave a like if you haven't already, and maybe a comment! This chapter however will be rather short... sorry :(

Chapter 10: A grave funeral


Somewhere Celestia was giving a sad speech that could be heard from miles away, but was not shouted, however the sad vibes given by each word traveled far through the land.

>>>Perspective: Celestia<<<


"---and now we are here to say goodbye, may you rest in peace... Chris James... the first Human of Equestria."

>>>Perspective change: 3rd person view<<<


All of the ponies in the crowd all wore black and had their heads down, some had guilty faces and some sad, none happy. But probably the most effected group of ponies were the 6 ponies in tears at the front.

"I-If only I h-had stayed when h-he was like that... I-I could h-h-have done s-something..." Said Fluttershy through her tears.

To her right was AJ who was trying to calm down Flutter shy, while to the left sat a pony who felt the most guilty of the 6... Rarity.

"I-I c-cant b-believe he is d-dead... I-If it w-was something I s-said... s-something I d-did?" She put her head down and sobbed quietly.

Even Rainbow dash was shedding a few tears, and couldn't stop mumbling something about not flying fast enough to find him.

Pinkie had her hair strait down and her tail as well, to depressed to show any emotion other than sadness.

As the coffin lowered into the ground, it read,

In memory of Chris James
A loved friend by many
And a memory that will not be forgotten

The sequel is called A shadow's grave, it is rated Mature if you cant find it, reason? Believe it or not... I got warnings on this story cause my rating was teen and some of the stuff I put in there was not for teen, but for mature, my stories will 99% probably NEVER contain clop. Just funny shenanigans



HERE IS THE LINK TO THE SEQUEL!

A Shadow's Grave

Comments ( 79 )

WOAH WOAH.
WOAH.
MY PREDICTION
WAS RIGHT.
FUCK
WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE.

1414068
And you want to watch the world burn?

1414116 naw... pinkie just wants to spread rainbows and sunshine :pinkiecrazy:

Please send us the new chapter/sequel!! D:!!!

You CAN say we're waiting for OP to deliver, but that sounds pretty weird. hm...

1414368 well, i made the sequel already with one chapter done, its just waiting for approval

Would anyone like a link and a password to the sequel? I will allow 2! First 2 to send me a private message asking gets it! :trollestia:

Oh yes! The oh so delicious death of the main protagonist!

1415045 heheh, not over yet my friend :yay:

1415231 ok, ill be sure to do that soon, im just a bit busy at the moment

:fluttercry:
What happened! How could he die just like that! You have some explaining to do!!! :raritycry:

Ooh, ooh. Will he be reborn as a pony in the sequel? :pinkiehappy:

1416588 Just show ur bro the fic anyway, I NEVER read fics EVER, i decided to see what all the hype was about with my little dashie, i read it and it was decent, so i came here, and now im addicted, i NEVER read or write, so if my grammar and plot lines during the story is retarded, im sorry :fluttershyouch:

1416619 he diddn't just DIE, the explosion killed him

1423962
I was just so shocked that he died suddenly. Yeah, I tried to get him to read a couple, but he never liked reading so I don't even think he even gave it a shot. :fluttercry:

This site, gets me through the work week. I love it and I thank you for writing stories :yay:

1441828 well your welcome! I always love writing them for people who love to read them!

1446920 I spell it Flutter shy so my auto correct leaves me alone

1414122 but you're only her imagination, pinkie had to have imagined the world burning at some point. She's had every thought ever

Three conflicting tags: Tragedy, sad, and comedy.

Downvote.

1639926 Why? They can work you know...

1639934 Here, let me quote Wanderer D in his blog about tagging correctly:

What that means in simple terms is that a category is intended to indicate the overall theme of your story. Can a Tragedy have sad moments before the end? Yes. Yes it can. But, a Tragedy is a specific type of story, and a sad story is not by definition a tragedy.
Not all sad stories are tragedies. A tragedy necessitates a ray of hope in the end for the character to, literally, fail at. There MUST be something that motivates the character and gives them hope, and at the end the TRAGEDY is that they freaking fail at it, through circumstances outside of their control, or, more classically, their own folly.
If you have a story that is sad from beginning to end, you don’t have a tragedy. You have a sob story, otherwise known as “Sad”. IF the whole theme of your story is about dealing with some tragedy that happened at the beginning of it (or before), you DON’T put the Tragedy category on it. The Tragedy was but a moment that started the story. It was a plot device. The trigger. The rest of the story? That’s sad.
Conversely, a sad story can end on a good note, while a tragedy can’t. It can be bitter-sweet. But it can’t be happy.
If you need an extreme example that eeeeveryone knows, take “My Little Dashie”..
It’s NOT really ‘Sad’ category-wise. Why? Because, start: Guy is unhappy. Then: Meets RD and adopts her. Then: They are both happy. End: She gets taken away and he gets to live alone with memories that only he can possess of his time with a magical pony. (If you hadn’t read MLD, now you have.)
Sure, the ending makes you sad if your heart is made of, I dunno, uh, molten chocolate or something. But, it’s a Tragedy because RD is taken away from him and he cannot really do anything about it and therefore their happiness has ended.
If the whole thing had been a sad-fest, Celestia taking RD away would have only be slightly sadder but certainly not a tragedy.
So, repeat after me: I should not use the [Sad] and [Tragedy] categories together. I should NOT use the [Sad] and [Tragedy] categories together. I should not use the [Sad] and [Tragedy] categories together.
Good.
Now, the second one I will tackle is relatively simple and should really not be a problem if you stop to think about what you are doing: [Comedy] and [Sad].
Like I said before, the Category is used to indicate the overall theme of the story. NOT little moments of both. So, if your story is [Sad], yes, it can have some funny moments, but that doesn’t merit the whole story also being considered a comedy. And if your [Comedy] story has a few sad moments, it is still a comedy, not a [Sad] story.
So, repeat after me: I should not use the [Sad] and [Comedy] categories together. I should NOT use the [Sad] and [Comedy] categories together. I should not use the [Sad] and [Comedy] categories together.

Hopefully you understand now.

1639950 Not really no, but like I said, It's your opinion. I'm just putting it there for the reason 90% of other writers do, Because at some point, something sad happens, or tragedy strikes, but at the same time there is still funny moments and things like that to help the one in the story see the bright side of things, but still, it's all your opinion, I may not agree with you, but that wont make you change you mind any faster or at all.

1639968 Again, as the blog stated: A tag describes the overall theme of the story. Tragedies are different from sadfics. A tragedy is where there is a little hope, a ray of light which they go for, but ultimately, fail at. A sad can be playing on the feels, but still be happy at the end. Just because you have sad or comedic moments doesn't make it the overall theme.

You can choose not to learn from this, and I don't really care. Just remember, I'm only trying to help. Once you fix the tags, I'll be happy to upvote your story.

1639998 How would they ultimately fail at something in the end if I plan to never end this story, My first story ends with him dieing, but the second one, yes... there is some tragedy in it. But it will never end.
Also... Idc if you down vote this.... like I said, That's your choice....

1640020 Right, then it's not a tragedy. It's sad. Just drop the tragedy tag, it isn't needed.

1640031 it is if tragedy strikes, So would you rather me say this...
"Oh dear! Sad has struck!"

1640036 Actually, good point. I was re-skimming the thing, and I think you should do away with the sad. That also clears up the conflict with "comedy" because you can have a comedic tragedy.

1640054 Just thing is, I see a few HiE stories, some quite popular, and they have the tags as well

1640065 Trust me, I've been trying there too.

1643140 I spell it Flutter shy cause my auto correct won't leave me alone, it stops doing that in the sequel

there is only two reasons I will be reading this:
1. HumanXFluttershy Shippingdl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/Fluttershy_lolface.png
2. There's a sequel so death won't stop the hero.

There is one reason why I'm a little iffy on reading this:
1. Dark tag, I've never been one for grimdark stories so I can only hope there's not any deaths from the mane 6.(except maybe Raritydl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/sillyfilly_Rarity.png )

1696557 haha... I love that rarity emote. and no, no main 6 deaths, the dark is just there for... weird occurances.... you'll see

1696590 DERPY! and sure i will, also, if you thought the first story was good.... the sequel is 500% better... also... i never plan to finish it, always adding chapters, usually one a day!

1696601 Well my only complaint about this story is that it went by so fast and was not very descriptive I only hope that your right on the 500% better. Also the chapter before this just confused me to no end I- My- It's- nope my brain's just mush nom if u need mee ill bee @ the hosapfd.dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Redheart_gasp.png

Title being a reference to Guns N' Roses? ACTIVATE READ CANNON!:flutterrage:

1967369 would you believe you are the FIRST person to get that reference?

2818873

hahaha

Thanks, I may use that in a future chapter now! :P

Login or register to comment