• Published 19th Jan 2024
  • 869 Views, 42 Comments

Leaving the Hive - AleximusPrime



Not long after Thorax rebels and the changelings turn on Chrysalis, he must now confront several changelings that refuse to transform, including his brother Pharynx.

  • ...
2
 42
 869

Chapter 2

Back in the throne room, Thorax sat down, listening to one of his attendants report on the incident in the feelings forum.

“We just couldn’t convince them, King Thorax. Even Elytra wasn’t impressed with what Antenna did.”

“Well that’s just great. Thanks for letting me know, Cornicle. I’ll try something else. At least Antenna’s good now.”

Cornicle flew away while Thorax sighed and bowed his head.

“I’ll never get to them. Just what sort of king am I if I can’t even convince my own brother to behave?”

Thorax then heard the sound of changeling wings buzzing, but also larger wings flapping. He looked up to see his guards flying in, accompanied by a familiar dragoness.

“King Thorax, the Lord of the Dragons is here to visit,” said one guard.

“Ember!” shouted Thorax, happily.

“Thorax! How’s it goin?” Ember asked, giving him a hard pat on the back.

“OOF! Um…well it’s been a bit tough.”

“Yeah, Heracles and Kabuto told me everything. Still dealing with those renegade changelings, eh?”

“Yeah, and one of them is my brother.”

“Yikes. That’s gotta sting.”

“Well I was told we did have one changeling reform earlier: Antenna.”

“Well that’s good to hear. So…are you guys like all named after insect body parts or something?”

“Some of us. Heracles and Kabuto are a little different. Are dragons usually named after heat-related words?”

“Well with the exception of Spike and a few others, yeah. One of my granddads was actually named after… sorry, not important. Anyway, I know I helped with assertiveness lessons the last time we spoke, but if these guys are still giving you trouble, I can help with some more.”

“That would be wonderful, Ember. But how do you intend on doing that?”

“Alright, here’s a good example of how to deal with it. Heracles, can you come over here real quick?”

Heracles, the taller guard that resembled a Hercules beetle stepped forward.

“Yes, Dragon Lord Ember?” he asked.

“How tough is your shell?”

“Pretty hard I’d say. Why?”

“Alright, so let’s pretend he’s a dragon that’s refusing to follow the rules or try to overthrow me or something.”

“Uh…okay?” Thorax said.

“This is how you respond.”

Ember cleared her throat before she exploded in Heracles’s face.

“HEY, I’M IN CHARGE HERE, PAL! DON’T YOU EVER TALK BACK TO THE DRAGON LORD AGAIN! GOT THAT?!”

She screamed so hard in his face, his ears flapped backwards from the wind. After she was done, his eyes spun around in their sockets from being so dizzy.

“Alright, dude, now we need you to retaliate. Hit me with your horn.”

“Uh…hit you with my horn?”

“Yeah, give me your best shot. I won’t get hurt.”

“Well if you insist.”

“Heracles turned his head to the side and smacked Ember on her arm. She barely budged and looked disappointed.

“Really? That wasn’t hard enough, but we’ll just go with that. ALRIGHT, TOUGH GUY! NOW YOU’VE DONE IT!”

Using both arms, Ember picked him up above her head. She then tossed him on the ground and he rolled around a few times before he could spread his wings.

“Just like that! Oh and this one’s pretty good too. Kabuto, you’re next.”

Kabuto, the guard that resembled a rhinoceros beetle was already trembling, but let Ember do her thing.

“AND YOU! WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY HEIGHT? WHO CARES IF I’M A LITTLE SHORT FOR A DRAGON LORD! DRAGON LORDS ARE ALWAYS CHOSEN AT THIS AGE! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW SHORT MY DAD WAS WHEN HE BECAME DRAGON LORD?! Alright, now hit me with your horn, and do it hard.”

“Uh…are you sure?” asked Kabuto.

“DID YOU JUST QUESTION DRAGON LORD EMBER?!”

“UGH! OKAY!”

Kabuto swung his head at Ember like Heracles, hitting her a little harder. Ember then grabbed Kabuto by his horn and swung him over her onto a nearby bed of flowers. Ember stood on top of him and brushed her hands together to clean them of.

“That’s how you do it,” she said, proudly.

She stepped off of Kabuto and Heracles helped him up. They were alright due to their strong joints and shells, but still dizzy from being handled so roughly.

“Uh…well thanks Ember,” Thorax said nervously. “But that’s not exactly what I was thinking of. See, these changelings are family and we’re kinda trying not to be that hostile now that we’re no longer aligned with Queen Chrysalis.”

“Really? Didn’t you guys used to capture ponies and suck their love out?”

“Well yeah, but now that we’ve changed, we’re trying to be peaceful.”

“Thorax, the first time we met, you turned into a bear and charged at me with full force. Maybe you should take my advice about being assertive with these guys more.”

“Well that was when I saw you as a threat to Spike and I didn’t know you yet. Look, I was mindful of what you said last time. I was being assertive earlier when we managed to get Scutellum to turn back and try to calm down. Me and some other changelings actually blasted him with a nullifying spell that can disable a changeling’s shape-shifting power temporarily. That didn’t change his mind, so I had him, Elytra, and Pharynx sent to the feelings forum.”

“Feelings forum?”

“Yeah, it’s where we go to just express our emotions if we’re feeling good or if we’re feeling bad. It’s kind of like when ponies see therapists or whatever they’re called.”

“I mean, you did teach me the importance of being open and honest, so maybe this feelings forum is a good idea. Did it work on them?”

“Sadly no. I was just informed they all stormed off after Antenna transformed.”

“Sheesh. These guys sound like they’re never going to change. Which was the one that you said really needed to chill again?”

“Scutellum. He used to be Chrysalis’s most trusted general and he’s still fiercely loyal to her. There’s also Elytra. She’s young and was really close to Chrysalis. Lastly, there’s my brother, Pharynx. I think Pharynx is the most concerned about keeping our relations with each other after this fracture, but I still worry about him.”

“Hmmm. Sounds like this Scutellum is the worst of them.”

“He’s definitely the most violent.”

Ember thought about what she was told. She was lost on whether or not her lessons were what they needed. She was still certain there were non-violent resolves to this, but based on Thorax’s description of Scutellum, she wondered if it was the only option. She looked back at Heracles and Kabuto as the former helped the latter up.

“You guys okay? Was I too rough?” she asked them.

“Well, to be honest, our standard forms are based heavily on the strongest beetles in the world,” Kabuto said.

“It was a bit rough, but we have tough hides. We’re okay,” added Heracles.

“It’s just we’ve been taking it easy lately after the rebellion. We’ve all really wanted a peaceful lifestyle for a while.”

“Plus the only reason we did all those awful things before was because…well…”

“We were afraid of the Queen.”

“Mhm.”

“I see,” Ember said, stroking her chin. “Well how about this: since you don’t fight for an evil queen anymore, fight for each other instead. Fight for your changeling family and protect them at all costs. We dragons keep that in mind when we’re being tough. There are all sorts of dragon tribes that put family first. You guys can do the same. And if this Scutellum isn’t going to do as he’s told…well, you could just banish him.”

“She’s right,” said Thorax. “We have to be more assertive with Scutellum and the others, but only because they’re family and we want to protect the other half of our family from their wiles. As for Scutellum: I don’t want to, but-”

“KING THORAX!!!” shouted a changeling attendant, rushing in.

“Arista? What’s going on?”

“IT’S SCUTELLUM! He’s gone mad and has captured Carapace! He, Pharynx and Elytra are down in that large cave with Mandible and Abdomen!

“Mandible and Abdomen?! I thought those guys deserted us right after the rebellion! What do they want with Carapace?”

“They’re trying to steal his magic to power a leftover scarab device and call Chrysalis! They have Mandible and Abdomen with them!”

“Great. I thought I had all of those things destroyed. Take me to them. Ember, would you mind giving us a claw?”

“Say no more, Thorax! Let’s all go get these bullies!”

Thorax, Ember, Heracles and Kabuto all followed Arista down to the cave outside of the hive to engage the black changelings.

Inside the cave, several reformed changelings had heard the uproar and were already trying to fight back. Mandible was trying to absorb Carapace’s magic while he was in the cocoon, but Spiracle and Ocellus swooped in to rescue him. Abdomen then blocked their exit through one of the holes in the cave’s ceiling while Scutellum took the other side.

“If you do not let us keep him, we will take the girl instead!” shouted Scutellum.

“You leave my daughter alone!” Spiracle barked back.

“Mom! Look at Dad!” Ocellus replied.

They both looked at Carapace to see his magic was already being absorbed by Mandible, hiding behind a stalactite. The spell was completed before Spiracle could react. He flew back down to the scarab to transfer Carapace’s magic. Each of the black changelings fired a transfer beam at the scarab one by one as it glowed brighter after each transfer.

“Give him his magic back!” shouted a changeling.

“He’ll get it back once we are finished!” said Eltrya, blocking their path.

“What are you guys trying to do?” asked another changeling, angrily.

“That is none of your concern!” Scutellum snarled back.

“Guys, just leave us alone, will you! This has to be done!” said Pharynx as he flew over to assist Elytra.

“You’re…you’re going to use that thing to call Chrysalis back, aren’t you?” asked the first changeling.

“Look, we need her back because the hive is falling apart! My brother doesn’t know how to lead and the Queen must return if we are to continue!”

“EVERYONE STOP!” shouted Thorax as he flew in with Arista, Heracles, Kabuto and Ember.

“FOOL! What are you doing bringing that heathen dragon near the hive?!” Scutellum demanded.

“I take it that’s Scutellum?” Ember asked Thorax.

“That’s him. You take him on. I’ll handle my brother. Heracles, Kabuto, get Mandible and Abdomen!”

Everyone flew off to fight their assigned changelings. Kabuto flew about, firing a beam at Mandible who was nimble enough to evade the hits. Heracles and Abdomen locked their horns and fought like stag-horn beetles. Scutellum had regained his strength from earlier and managed to transform into his large red horned beast form. Ember flew down and tried kicking him, but his armor was too tough. Even her fire didn’t seem to work. Thorax tried reasoning with his brother.

“Pharynx, this has to stop!”

“Stay out of the way, Thorax! We’re just trying to get the queen back! We can’t trust you to lead in her absence!”

“Why can’t you just listen to…wait, where’s Elytra?”

Thorax then noticed that Elytra was missing. All the black changelings had transferred some of their energy into the scarab, but none of the ones visible had it, so it must have been with Elytra.

“ELYTRA, USE THE SCARAB!” Scutellum called out as he fought Ember.

“NO! Everyone, find that scarab and destroy it!” Thorax hollered.

The rest of the changelings flew around to look for Elytra. Behind a large rock, Elytra activated the scarab and began to record a message to send to Chrysalis. Thankfully the commotion kept others from hearing her, but she spoke as quietly as she could.

“Mother, it’s Elytra. We need you back now. There are still a few of us left that haven’t transformed yet. I’m here with Scutellum, Pharynx, Mandible and Abdomen. We can’t rendezvous here like we originally planned because we’ve been discovered, so when you get this, meet us at the seventh outpost outside of the Ghastly Gorge. From there we’ll-”

“Elytra!” Ocellus exclaimed behind her.

Elytra jumped and then hissed at Ocellus.

“OCELLUS! Get away from me!”

“Elytra, please give me the scarab!”

“No! We need Mother back!”

“EVERYONE, THERE SHE IS!” shouted a changeling.

Elytra turned around to see a few changelings and Ember flying in to take the scarab. She was distracted, so Ocellus thought quickly and snatched the scarab from her. Elytra flew after her and tackled her to the ground, causing the scarab to fall out.

“Where is it?!” Elytra demanded, as she screamed in Ocellus’s face.

She then looked over to see the scarab on the floor of the cave. She left Ocellus and rushed to recover the scarab, but Ember landed right on top of it. The scarab shattered into hundreds of fragments under her foot. The magic was sent back to all the black changelings and Carapace in an instant.

“NOOOO!!! YOU’LL PAY FOR THAT, DRAGON!”

An enraged Elytra then transformed into a larger female dragon and leapt on top of Ember. Ember was caught off guard and did not have time to fly. Elytra started ringing Ember’s neck with her dragon claws until she was surrounded in magic. Several changelings had incapacitated her as Ocellus and her parents watched in horror. They telekinetically lifted Elytra off Ember and placed her on the ground. Thorax and several others had fired a disabling spell to keep her from changing into anything else for a few minutes. She reverted back as the other black changelings flew in to shield her. All of the changelings surrounded them along with Ember and Thorax. Nearly every changeling in the hive had heard about this skirmish and had come to help. There was no fighting them, even with Mandible and Abdomen now adding to their team. Scutellum continued hissing until Thorax hollered the loudest he could.

“THAT’S ENOUGH!!!”

The room echoed with his voice and the reformed changelings parted to let him walk in. Heracles and Kabuto landed next to him as he helped Ember up. The four of them continued towards the hissing black changelings.

“YOU DISHONOR THE QUEEN, THORAX!” Scutellum barked.

“No, Scutellum. You dishonor us all.”

“Thorax, this has gone far enough,” said Spiracle. “They’ve already attacked my husband. Who will be next?”

“That’s right! Banish them!” shouted another changeling.

In a few seconds, nearly every reformed changeling started shouting in agreement until Ember spoke up.

“HEY, LET THORAX THINK!” she shouted. “Sorry. Go ahead.”

“Thanks Ember,” Thorax replied before turning to the black changelings. “Look, you’ve all refused to cooperate and have become a detriment to the hive. I’m sorry but I’m going to have to banish all five of you.”

“What?! Thorax, why? We’re still part of the hive!” Pharynx said, disappointed.

“The rest of the hive has reformed. You five won’t. You are family, but you are endangering the rest of us.”

“Fine, then we’ll go! You don’t deserve us!” bellowed Abdomen.

“You can keep your oh-so-precious feelings forum and your relations with ponies! We will find the Queen one day and have our revenge!” Mandible added.

Scutellum walked a bit closer to Thorax. Heracles and Kabuto stepped in to protect him, but Thorax motioned for them to let him through. Scutellum began to speak in a grim and hateful tone.

“I would love to just pound you to a pulp right now, Thorax, but that revenge is not mine to take. Queen Chrysalis will have her way with you another time. She is out there, and I will stop at nothing to reunite her with the remaining changeling forces: the TRUE changelings that have not succumbed to weakness as you have!”

“It’s time for you to go,” said a somber Thorax.

“Mandible, Abdomen, Elytra, Pharynx we have no business here anymore!”

All the black changelings turned and left except Pharynx, who was looking back and forth at his friends and his brother. Scutellum noticed he had not yet joined them and turned back to holler at Pharynx.

“We are leaving Pharynx! Let’s go!”

Pharynx locked eyes with his brother. Thorax looked back at him as if to say he wanted Pharynx to stay. They had known each other since they were young. It would be hard for them to say goodbye now. Despite his disagreement with Thorax on the state of the hive, he did not feel right leaving his family. He closed his eyes and sighed. The sound of Scutellum shouting caused him to flinch.

“PHARYNX!!”

“Scutellum, I’m staying here,” Pharynx finally said.

“You’re WHAT?!”

“Look, the hive is still my family. You’ve seen how weak they are. They need someone tough to stay around.”

“You are doomed if you remain! These fools will rot your mind out with Equestrian ideology in that blasted forum!”

“Leave them to me. I still don’t agree with what they believe and I’m going to try to convince them.”

“You can convince them of nothing. If you wish to stay with them, then you are no longer one of us. If I ever see you again, Pharynx, it had better be because you wish to join again. Otherwise, we will be enemies.”

They all turned to leave until Elytra heard Ocellus call her name one more time.

“Elytra!”

Elytra looked back. Her face appeared worried at first, but quickly turned to disgust. She no longer felt the need for a friend like Ocellus. She felt betrayed by her and wanted nothing more to do with her. Elytra scowled at her old friend and turned away. She and the other black changelings exited through the large opening in the cave, spread their wings and flew off to find Queen Chrysalis. Ocellus huddled up to her parents and cried. Other changelings brushed themselves off and helped their friends.

“Well that was close,” Thorax said. “Pharynx, I’m glad you decided to-”

“Don’t thank me yet, brother!” Pharynx barked. “I should have gone with them, you know. You’re just lucky I’m too concerned about the hive to leave, but Scutellum isn’t wrong about you. You are weak. All of you are. Either we get our act together and be a hive again or this society is doomed to fail!”

“Pharynx…”

Thorax tried to speak with his brother, but he had already flown out of the cave and back to the hive to sulk. Ember put her claw on his shoulder.

“Sorry that didn’t work out as planned,” she said.

“It’s okay. We had to stop them from using that device or they’d have called back Chrysalis and attempt a coup. Assertive or not, things were already bad enough. I don’t think we’ll ever see them again.”

“What do we do now?” asked a changeling.

“Only thing we can do: we carry on. At least they’re gone, but we’ll still have to deal with my brother. I’m glad he cares about us, but I hope he puts aside his loyalty to Chrysalis. I’m sorry about Elytra, Ocellus.”

“Thanks,” Ocellus replied.

As Thorax left with the rest of the changelings, Spiracle and Carapace stayed behind a little longer to comfort their daughter.

“There’s nothing we can do, dear,” said Spiracle.

“I hope she finds peace. I wish I could make her understand.”

“You just do you, Ocellus,” Carapace said. “I don’t think Elytra really cares at all about peace right now. Where there are still black changelings and Queen Chrysalis, there’s always going to be hatred against the ponies and other species.”

“Then I will do what I can to be a better example to her. I’d like to try and reach out to the ponies when I get the chance. I heard Princess Celestia is passing a new law to allow changelings to attend pony schools. Would you allow me to go?”

“Of course we would,” Spiracle said, wiping away Ocellus’s tears. “As for Elytra, just remember, there is always hope.”

All three of them got up and walked slowly back to the hive. As the black changelings flew out of site, Elytra looked back to the hive as if she was missing something. Her anger with Ocellus and her desire to reunite with Chrysalis was still on her mind, but she couldn’t help but feel she had made a terrible mistake.

Author's Note:

Elytra's story continues in My Big Fat Pink Wedding.

Comments ( 29 )

Ooh boy, quite a frantic bug tale here! Way to show us what a fanatic Scuttlebutt was back in the day, especially having Elytra wrapped around his scummy hoof with Chryssy's ways! :twilightangry2:

Glad that Ember came around at the time, course the seeds of dissent have flown by the looks of it! Looking forward to more Alex!:moustache:

Good to know Elytra's not totally bad, but she needs to listen to her gut more. Like seriously if you think you're making a bad decision stop it girl. It's awesome!

11803832
Thankfully she does eventually come around to her senses in MBFPW.

11803824

I felt I needed to do explore the backgrounds for some of these characters. It was originally supposed to just be Pharynx and Scutellum, but I had to add Elytra and also made Mandible and Abdomen in the process. And it is good to know Elytra eventually comes around!

Ember was added in while I was conceptualizing this. It was originally going to be Discord, but I thought Ember would be better. She's a good friend to Thorax now!

So, I suppose this have taken place years before My Big Fat Pink Wedding.:moustache:

11803921
Yeah, it takes place during the show not long after the events of the "Triple Threat" episode.

11803924
Yes, and now with Queen Chrysalis trapped inside Discord's chaos realm for forced redemption, Scutellum and the other evil changelings that remained are going to have a real hard time getting her back because of how powerful Discord is with his magic. Especially now since Elytra has repented (now a colorful changeling instead of black like before and no longer influenced by Scutellum) and joined the good changelings and will fight to protect everyone if the evil ones come back to attack again, and Pharynx already repented years ago during the show and joined his brother and the other good changelings in peace.:duck:

“I’ll never get to them. Just what sort of king am I if I can’t even convince my own brother to behave?”

I'm sure you tried your best thorax

Using both arms, Ember picked him up above her head. She then tossed him on the ground and he rolled around a few times before he could spread his wings.

Dang she is strong as heck wow

“You can keep your oh-so-precious feelings forum and your relations with ponies! We will find the Queen one day and have our revenge!” Mandible added.

We see about that 😠

“Look, the hive is still my family. You’ve seen how weak they are. They need someone tough to stay around.”

Way to go pharynx I mean you still have your different opinions you're still loyal to your brother and the hive

Elytra looked back. Her face appeared worried at first, but quickly turned to disgust. She no longer felt the need for a friend like Ocellus. She felt betrayed by her and wanted nothing more to do with her. Elytra scowled at her old friend and turned away. She and the other black changelings exited through the large opening in the cave, spread their wings and flew off to find Queen Chrysalis. Ocellus huddled up to her parents and cried. Other changelings brushed themselves off and helped their friends.

I'm so sorry Ocellus

“Then I will do what I can to be a better example to her. I’d like to try and reach out to the ponies when I get the chance. I heard Princess Celestia is passing a new law to allow changelings to attend pony schools. Would you allow me to go?”

Don't worry you will meet your future friends very very soon in season 8

All three of them got up and walked slowly back to the hive. As the black changelings flew out of site, Elytra looked back to the hive as if she was missing something. Her anger with Ocellus and her desire to reunite with Chrysalis was still on her mind, but she couldn’t help but feel she had made a terrible mistake.

Yes you did and unfortunately you will learn the hard way

Hmm wow that was something a pretty Bitter Sweet ending but I guess that's a setup for the previous story so it looks like thorax still trying to figure out how to reason with the others he had a visitor a good friend ember and the other two dragons and he explained to her what's going on here and she thought she could help teach him to be more assertive or something but he didn't want to go too much violence but then things escalate when they found out that the other black changelings kidnapped one of the reform changelings to use one of their magic to reach out for Queen Chrysalis and basically they all scramble to grab the staff but ember grab that and destroyed it and all the fighting stopped and thorax have no choice but to banish them since they will put Danger on the hive and the rest of the changelings who did not reform leave except for pharynx who decided to stay here while the others left and Ocellus was heartbroken seen her friend leave and basically ending their friendship that is very sad maybe someday they will meet each other again but I guess that's another story anyway this was a pretty good story Bittersweet but good keep up the good work

“Well with the exception of Spike and a few others, yeah. One of my granddads was actually named after… sorry, not important. Anyway, I know I helped with assertiveness lessons the last time we spoke, but if these guys are still giving you trouble, I can help with some more.”

...What? What was your grandad named after, Ember!?! Gaaaah, now I need to know!!:flutterrage: Part of me says I might be better off not knowing, yet at the same time, my curiosity is piqued...:twilightoops:

Also, poor Ocelly. She really thought she might be able to reach Elytra, but she's just not there yet. Luckily for both of them, she will be someday...:raritywink: Too bad Scuttlebutt, the others, and a certain queen can't do the same...:fluttercry:

Again, I can't wait to see what else you have in store for the upcoming episodes. Bring on the Eastern Drakes and deranged power-hungry rams!! Though something tells me I might not be mentally prepared for the latter...:twilightoops: Guess we'll wait and see!

11804039
I wouldn't imagine they're too heavy even for their size, at least not for a dragon and Ember still has thin arms so the males are probably still stronger than her.

11804147
Dangit, I was hoping no one woudl notice that! ^^; I noticed it after i made this pic but was like "Eh, no one will see that. The image is too small," but you are too good!

I hadn't thought of that, but don't forget that Scutellum is bigger in "Elements Assemble" and was sporting the new upgraded "elite" look which she hadn't seen yet. Although she didn't know him very well before, she would have remembered who he was right after he started speaking and said his name, but she didn't get to talk to him after that, he just said that Chrysalis would return and then left. She even said she knew there were still some black changelings left but had never seen a changeling drone that big.

Ester Dracos arc will surprise you, but no one is prepared for the whiles of the "Apparition!"

11804162

I don't even know what to name him, I just had her say that to segue into going "sorry, not important" and change the subject. XD I thought she might get a little distracted by their naming habits like she had to point out that Twilight and Starlight look alike in "Triple Threat." XD

After what I did with Elytra in MBFPW, I thought it would be a good idea to show an origin story for her before she came to her senses and had a history with being Ocellus's friend. Now it makes her redemption even more enjoyable. :)

11804261
Lol, yeah, I actually saw the full-sized image on your DeviantArt page first. No way my bad eyes would be able to see something that small. After I enlarged the image on this site, I was beginning to wonder if it was intentional. I hope you didn't take my comment personally, though. I make mistakes like that in my art all the time. It actually gave me a good chuckle, much like the cursed animation errors from the earlier seasons of MLP.:pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh:

Yeah, I figured that must be the case, and it's entirely plausible. I can never recognize a face I've seen 2 years ago, let alone 8. I can totally see Ocellus not recognizing someone she hadn't seen in that long, especially if he looks completely different.

Ooh boy, I had the feeling I wasn't ready! Can't wait!:twilightsmile:

It was definitely interesting to see Ember here. Elytra was a lot different here than she is in the Present, before she learned the error of her ways and redeemed herself.

11804262
Lol, I love that scene! :rainbowlaugh:I thought maybe I was reading too much into it, but after that stunt you pulled with Melody... I. Trust. NOPONY!!! Like, here I was reading "Go North, Young Dragon" and they just casually mention meeting her one day, and I thought, "Huh, that would be a fun idea for a future story..." But then I realized she was mentioned at the beginning of "Oh, Mother, Where Art Thou?" and I was all wait...:derpyderp1::pinkiegasp::twilightoops: Needless to say, I was still floored when the truth was revealed!! She's her MOTHER?!? Like, what the hay!!!??? Point is, ever since then, I have gotten into the habit of dissecting every little detail, no matter how "unimportant" it may seem. So yeah, don't mind me, standing in the corner and sinisterly rubbing my hands together....:scootangel: Mwuahahaha, let the conspiracy theories begin!!:moustache:

Ditto. So proud of Elytra, too! I hope we get to see more of her in the future!!:twilightsmile:

11804502
Well i hope to attract readers that are good at doing that! XD

It’s great to give her redemption and I love what i did with her new form! :)

“YOU DISHONOR US THE QUEEN, THORAX!” Scutellum barked.

Did you mean to say “ dishonor us AND the queen.”?

11805432
Damnit. I was originally going to have Scutellum say "You dishonor us!" and then have Thorax say "No, you dishonor us all" but I decided to have Scutellum say "You dishonor the queen" instead and forgot to take out "us". This happens a lot with me and I proofread this several times.

11805442
You’re welcome

Login or register to comment