• Published 4th Oct 2012
  • 3,287 Views, 55 Comments

Nightmare Mooning - CosmicAfro



Nightmare Moon goes off and moons ponies for no particular reason.

  • ...
2
 55
 3,287

Part four of many

Applejack watched as Apple Bloom and her friends, hidden behind a building, gleefully made a fool out of the giant illusion, occasionally getting a laugh out of it herself every now and again. She especially got a kick out of Nightmare Moon singing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”. The audience they had gathered, though some were upset about losing sleep, was excited too. If something had to be said, it was that they definitely knew how to put on a show.

The actual Nightmare Moon walked up beside the earth pony. “I must say, at first I was disappointed to see them act so childishly, but they are somewhat comical in their impression of me. Do they always veer from their intended goal so quickly?”

“Nah, it was just after a few minutes of scaring they didn’t get it so they moved on.”

“Ambitious, I like it. I trust everything went ok while I was gone?”

“Yup. I’m assuming you found the restroom ok?” She suddenly realized how close she was to the enemy and scooted off slightly to the side.

The alicorn said yes as plainly as possible.

Applejack watched as she genuinely smiled at the larger version of herself retell the tale of her arrival.

“Ms. Applejack…” Nightmake Moon spoke up somewhat hesitantly.

“Yes?”

She looked into the mare’s eyes. “I appreciate your understanding and your willingness to cooperate tonight. You’ve made my night so much easier. I apologize for what’s about to happen next.” The alicorn flared her wings out and stared into Applejack’s eyes. “I’ll make this easy on you.”

“What in tarnation!?”

.-~V~-.

Luna stared outside, watching the Giant Nightmare continued its frolicking. “I must admit, when she first visited me earlier this evening, an enormous effigy was not the first idea I had in mind.” She turned around to face Spike. “Are you sure that this is an accurate report of your findings?”

“Straight from the pony’s mouth.”

She turned back around to the window. “Then this is not good. It would seem as if she’s positioned herself pretty well. Using innocents to discredit her own vindictive nature through comical follies, only engaging in mediocre acts of villainy, and now challenging Twilight Sparkle to a fight…”

“I don’t know. I mean, even if we did nothing, the worst that could happen is everypony being mooned, right?” Spike questioned.

All of the other ponies in the room turned to him with a frown. “Spike,” Twilight began, “mooning is a serious matter that shouldn’t be taken lightly.”

“But why, it’s not like ponies wear clothes anyways?”

Pinkie Pie strode up to the prepubescent dragon and drooped a leg over his shoulder. “Listen Spikey, here’s the reason why.”

“Pinkie!” Twilight screamed, “you can’t just tell him. He’s too young to know!”

“Well it’s not like he won’t figure out. We might as well tell him why ponies find it offensive. I mean, if somepony told me potatoes were bad, I’d like to know why, wouldn’t you? Do you not want Spike to know about bad potatoes?” Once again being the voice of reason in a sea of confusion, Pinkie Pie eagerly awaited her confirmation that she was correct. Everyone turned their heads to Princess Luna, awaiting some invisible order.

“Twilight, it may be in the best interests of everyone if he is told,” she said distantly. She gave a glance at Twilight who in turn looked at Pinkie and confirmed it with a sigh. With a gentle nod, Pinkie covered her mouth with her other hoof and began whispering into his ear.

“What… Oh… Oh, gross… Ew… Ew gross!” He grabbed his stomach and ran off into the restroom. “I think I’m gunna be –burp- sick!” He slammed the door behind him.

Calling out, Pinkie continued, “and don’t forget Spike! Most of this town has mares! MARES!”

“Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuugh!”

Rainbow softly shook her head from side to side. “Poor little guy.”

“Just why would anypony- bluugh- doo-hoo that!?”

“Geez Pinkie,” the mint unicorn spoke up, “did you tell him everything?”

“Well duh, that’s what I was asked to do.”

The toilet flushed and a greener dragon exited the room. “Next time, I’ll wait until I’m older…”

“Unfortunately Spike,” Luna interjected, “there may not be a next time if she goes through with this. We need a plan as I doubt she’ll wait forever on us to respond.”

Twilight looked down and shuffled a hoof. “But, I don’t know how to fight. When we fought her at the castle, I was just running for the elements. Without those, I don’t think we can win.”

“Maybe we don’t have to,” the mint unicorn said softly, as if in deep thought. “Before I found Spike tonight, I ran into Nightmare Moon walking out of Sugarcube Corner. She was upset that it-” She gave the dragon a passing glance. “Uh, Spike, you should cover your ears for this.”

He did as he was told and Pinkie Pie covered his eyes as an extra precautionary measure.

“It looked like she had done something terrible to her when it was just frosting,” she finished in a half- whisper.

“So what,” Twilight began her bout of sarcasm, signaling the moment was over,“you want me to slap butter on my flank?”

“Yes. I mean! No, well, sort of. Maybe you won’t need to fight her if you can guilt her out of it.”

Pinkie Pie cocked an eyebrow. “Sooooooo, fight heat with heat?”

“I think you mean fight ‘fire with fire’, Pinkie.” Spike corrected, holding back another bodily surge.

“No, I don’t like ponies getting burned. I did that a lot to my own hooves when I started baking.”

“Ms…” Luna paused.

“Heartstrings,” the unicorn replied.

“Ms. Heartstrings, what is it that you suggest?”

“I’ll tell you in a minute. But first, I need Twilight to put her mane in a ponytail.”

.-~V~-.

The giant illusion suddenly stopped moving , frozen in place with one hoof extended outward with a hind leg in a mirrored position. The audience thought that this was part of the unexpected show for a moment until a minute passed with no movement or sound. A wave of murmuring was sent through as unsteadiness and unnerve went through the mind of each parent and child.

Then, the illusion returned to a standing position with all four hooves on the ground. A shriek form the crowd was the first to determine something was terrifically wrong. “Over there! On top of the Town Hall!”

Eyes darted towards the building as an ominous silhouette stood proudly against the sky. Thanks to the moon in the background, the being made a stark contrast, despite her actual coloring.

As the silhouette flared its wings, so did the illusion. Though the giant did not move, the other clearly did until it was right in front of itself. The crowd created a roomy circle around her. “Good night, citizens of Ponyville. I’m so glad to see you all were enjoying the show. I am intrigued even more that you were fascinated by me.” Nightmare Moon and her effigy both put a hoof to their chest as if heart touched. “I hope you’re all ready for a real treat tonight.”

“Befoul this locale no more, heathen.” From behind the library across the way, a giant Twilight Sparkle emerged, clearly nervous in the way she bit her lip as she approached the square. Her redone hair bounced effortlessly as she trotted into the town square.

“Dressed up for the show?” Nightmare Moon asked in slight disbelief. “I never believed you to be the performing type, Ms. Sparkle.”

“I’m not,” she responded flatly.

“Well, I honestly couldn’t care if your mane was in an afro, I just hope you’re ready to fight.” She licked her lips. She redirected her gaze at the town and coughed to clear her throat. “Welcome, my little ponies, to the greatest fight of your century. When I first came back from my banishment, I was defeated by the very pony you see there.” She pointed a hoof at Twilight, as if the extra measure needed to be taken. “However, she won because she was lucky and had her precious Elements of Harmony to protect her. But, tonight, you’ll see the fight that really should have happened!”

“I wouldn’t say that,” Twilight whispered to herself, keeping her gaze on the ground.

Pretending not to hear that, Nightmare Moon stood proudly, chest puffed, chin arched, wings flared; she looked just like how a princess should. “As I have said before, I am a firm believer in giving my opponents a fair chance. You may have the first move.”

Somewhat surprised, the giant Twilight Sparkle entered the very center of the town square and sat down on her haunches. She then shook her hair, letting the band that held it in the ponytail come slightly loose. The alicorn of the night deflated slightly at the odd move. “Good evening, or morning as the case would seem to be, my name is Twilight Sparkle,” she began promptly. “As we all may know, Nightmare Moon is the envious doppelganger of our own Princess Luna. She once tried to take over Equestria, but now has been reduced to lowly acts of petty villainy to get meager amounts of attention.”

“What is this?” the pony in question responded. “Is your move a... lecture?” She began to laugh.

“My move isn’t done yet,” Twilight shushed, somewhat forcefully. “As I was saying, she can no longer amount to once she once was, relying on children and her own frustrated sexuality to inspire a plan.”

The crowd looked at her distastefully. In return, Nightmare Moon’s eyes widened as she started to realize what was happening.

“Earlier tonight, this ‘villain’ mooned a friend of mine: Pinkie Pie.” The crowd , mostly the feminine percent gasped in horror. “But do you know what else is worse? She came out with frosting on her bottom!” The crowd backed away, murmuring things about how terrible it was. “And, according to Spike, my number one assistant, she’s been mooning only mares tonight!”

“Th-that is merely a coincidence! They were only the ones I had found!”

“You mean out of the entire town of Ponyville, you couldn’t bother yourself to find one stallion?”

“It’s not like that! I was gaining a well deserved and justified revenge on The Elements of Harmony!”

“I think it is like that!” Twilight stood up and walked slowly towards her opponent. “I think that you were bluffing earlier when you said you’d moon the entire town if I lost this fight because you don’t want any stallions to see your… uhm, business!” she finished, trying to save her momentum. “In fact! I think you’re out for only mares!”

“There’s nothing wrong with being a lesbian, and even if I was one,” she faced the crowd, “which I’m not,” she then returned her view back to Twilight, “you could never prove it.”

“Actually, I think I can.” As if fully prepaired, Twilight ran a hoof through her hair and delicately pulled out the band. When her glorious coiffure was released, she swung it slowly about her head, batting her eyes as she did so.

Nightmare Moon’s knees wobbled slightly. “This p-proves nothing.”

“Your knees aren’t wobbling because of wittle me, are they?”

She cringed at the seductive use of wittle. “The air is a bit frostier than I expected.”

As if changing into a whole other pony, Twilight suggestively walked to her opponent, swaying her hips generously from side to side. “Frosty, huh? Then, maybe you need a great big hug.” She held a hoof to her mouth, teasingly biting it.

On the alicorn’s face, two small patches of red began to surface. “You can’t hug an enemy!”

Twilight leaned in closer and approached the Nightmare face to face, so close that their breaths could be felt upon one another. “It’s ok Nightmare, we’re all friends here.”

“She’s doing much better than I expected,” Heartstrings commented from the ground. “I didn’t think she’d actually get this far.”

“Your idea on the variation of the ‘Want it- Need it’ spell is proving fruitful so far.” Luna commented, keeping her horn alight to work the giant clone of Twilight.

“Stay back Twilight Sparkle, come any closer and I’ll moon this pathetic town and its people where they stand!”
Twilight giggled. “Oh, silly. I’m not after the moon.” Their breath’s steadied into a synchronized tempo, their mouths so close to touching that a slim magazine could be held in between them. As quietly as she possibly could, she moaned, “I’m much more interested in the Mare.”

With surprising passion, Twilight wrapped her forehooves around the neck of her enemy and forced her tongue inside, making Nightmare Moon’s eyes roll backwards inside her head as she overstimulated her senses. Nightmare joined in the embrace, pulling the unicorn in front of her ever closer.

“Quick! Now Luna, while she’s stunned!” Twilight suddenly yelled, pulling out of the kiss. As if her illusion was made of glass, the frame shattered into tiny pieces and collapsed onto the ground. Almost immediately, the pieces turned a deep blue and began to reanimate themselves. On the ground, the normal sized Twilight cast a gigantic visual barrier across the roof tops of the town, closing off the citizens from the night sky. Fragment by fragment, in a total time lapse of two seconds, a new form appeared and it was none other than Princess Luna herself. However, they did not meet face to face. With her haunch high in the air, Luna bellowed, “Fear the night! For the wish you have made hath been granted!”

As if a laser beam shot through her brain, Nightmare Moon’s nose practically exploded with blood, sending her flying backwards and onto the ground. Unable to handle what she had just seen, her effigy disappeared along with her consciousness.

Luna turned around and looked at the damage she had caused. Twilgiht, knowing the deed was done, retracted the spell. The alicorn, at regular size now, walked to her counter-part and hoisted her on her shoulder. “I never would have guessed that was the way to defeat her,” she said out loud, returning to the library along with Twilight. “Ms. Heartstrings was quite perceptive in her defeat. Who knew that it was simply just giving her a taste of her own medicine? And her liking it too?”
“Yeah, but did I really have to kiss her, even if I couldn’t actually feel it?”

Luna raised an eyebrow. “I’m not so sure you couldn’t considering the end result.” She hoisted the fallen alicorn on her back, getting her into a slightly more balanced position.

“That was the spell!” she argued with a tinge of embarrassment. “You don’t... think any less of me, do you?”

Luna giggled. “I’m jaded to such things, Ms. Sparkle. It comes with experience. As my other half prudently put it, I couldn’t care less if you had an afro. You are who you are, and ponies will accept you for it.” The two laughed a little and then stopped at the Library door. “That, and having a pretty nice ass helps.”

“Princess!”

“Don’t deny me, I have a glorious backside. I know exactly where Nightmare Moon got her good looks.”

“Yeah, but you just don’t say things like that!”

“Twilight, it’s just the body.” She opened the door and walked inside. “Maybe one day you’ll come to appreciate what your parents gave you.”

One stallion from the crowd belted, “what the hell just happened!?”

Comments ( 22 )

I don't know about you guys, but when I think of Spike vomiting, I imagine a toilet bowl filled with soggy letters. I would have written that in, but it seemed too... well for a lack of a better word and the determination to find one, pointless to add.

I'm thinking of extending the story to beyond this original night. I mean... there are just so many unanswered questions. Like Fluttershy.

Cheers
~Cosmic

Well That escalated quickly.

Yeah no picture of that escalated thinga-ma-gick. Dunno how to post a pic here.:derpytongue2:

Here's a schematic for ya! My ass! :rainbowlaugh:

also have Nightmare Moon join in a threesome with Twilight and Luna. dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Twilight_crazy.png

One stallion from the crowd belted, “what the hell just happened!?”

You just got denied that's what. the hottest three mares in ponyville want nothing to do with stallions.

You know, I was kind of waiting for Nightmare to make a mistake and moon the wrong person...Say, the creepy shut-in stallion who lives on the outskirts of town.

The sight of Nightmare running for her life from a crazed maniac is rather humorous to me...

That was so silly it hurt and i wouldn't have it any other way. :pinkiecrazy:
Good stuff. :rainbowdetermined2:

That stallion at the end has my sympathies. I have no idea what the fuck I just read. Only that it was hilarious.

1480854
This guy has the right idea about my fanfic.

Come on everypony! Do the Ellipses!

. . .

1479665 *falls over, giggling* Alphabet Soup Vomit? SO WRONG.

1481879
Not letters as in the building blocks of words, but letters as in parchment. I must admit, however, your idea is much more comical.

1479918 Not necessarily. Twilight was acting, NMM was under a modified Want It Need It spell, and Luna? I dunno. Even if they're into mares, there's always the chance they swing both ways.

1483133 true but still i find the colts reaction hilarious.:rainbowlaugh:

....Nightmare moon is best lesbian....no fucks about it:trollestia::eeyup::moustache:

Eeyup, that was unexpected, but completely satisfying. Looking forward to part 5 of this most amusing tale of tails :twilightsmile:

Good Goddess that was hilarious! I'll be watching.

. . .

1479665 Grar! (Please extend it! It was so awesome. I have a new-found love for NMM! :rainbowlaugh:

*Slow clap for title pun*

Some pony is about to 'coming out'

Login or register to comment