• Published 3rd Aug 2023
  • 1,894 Views, 185 Comments

Vlogs of an Ancient Insect - Seven Fates



A certain practitioner of runic magic has been awakened from a slumber of countless centuries to find Equestria a changed place. Now she must find her new place as the only changeling in Maretime Bay.

Comments ( 12 )

Oh that’s how a purposefully incomplete ending feels from this end.
Well played. :raritywink:

Yes, the ending is intended to be and feel incomplete. Just like Anon's heart.

Oho!
Ludonarrative non-dissonance (consonance?).
Very clever.

This chapter was a good read, both with Anon being Anon (nonstandard medical practices) and the real-talk at the end.
Very organic (too organic, ew) way to de-power our hitherto OP problem solver, too. Fine setup for something dire.

11881143

Ludonarrative non-dissonance (consonance?).

何これ?

Awww poor anon. I respect her waiting to become a mom so she can devote all the time to her future babies as she can.

also this doesn't feel incomplete at all

Princess Storm was the first to actually manage a response however. "I mean, yeah," she said in disbelief, earning a look from the purple pegasus sibling that promised later discussion, "but is now really the time for that? She seems really out of it."

What are we calling this ship? Flickerina?

11881167
Turns out, I misused the expression.

I was attempting to describe (the opposite of) a clash between what a medium's words are trying to tell you and what the actual experience ends up conveying.
In this case, you wrote about Anon's feeling that something is missing, and we readers do in fact feel a similar sense of incompleteness at the chapter's end.

But "ludonarrative" refers to games, specifically. So, whoops!

Now all Anon is missing is Dorcelessness. Maybe the ponies has Thalasin on hoof?

... I can't help it when you started listing off words of emotions.

I wonder... would there have been a new famous streamer during Anon's lost time? Like say... somepony that documented their time with a delirious Anon?

Could be an interesting way to learn what weird stuff Anon through.

I thought we were going to have some kind of 'buckshot roulette' (yes, that game) situation when Anon podded her friends. As in, one of them became the donor/surrogate.

Well, luckily it didn't go that way.

One month is a long time. Misty and Alphabittle is together. So is Haven. Which means... Opaline is already defeated? Or at least, she is gonna start her takeover soon?

11881408
Actually, next is the Winter Wish Day chapter. Haven't even gone far enough for Bridlewoodstock yet.

"You guys, Anon's kind of hot, isn't she?" she asked, trying to draw attention to that fact.

Everyone's heads snapped in her direction, and she realised that she was now being regarded with a critical stare. Princess Storm was the first to actually manage a response however. "I mean, yeah," she said in disbelief, earning a look from the purple pegasus sibling that promised later discussion, "but is now really the time for that? She seems really out of it."

*Bonks Zipp* Go to horny jail!

I assumed when she became immortal that Twi would always be there for her... Just the thought that she isn't is heartbreaking ;-;

Time to be a mother I guess

Login or register to comment