• Published 4th Jul 2023
  • 1,299 Views, 52 Comments

Glimmer's Diary - CharmingQuil



Married couples trying new things isn't bad. But sometimes the rabbit hole is deeper then you think. Shining Armor is stuck as a mare for a year until he finds a way to change back. Will he be able to reclaim his position? His wife? His own life?

Comments ( 16 )

can you do a sequel with cadance turning twilight and all of her friends into her bimbo sex slaves?

I think I want to leave this open ended as is. Leave it to others imaginations

11769275
Mind if I ask what you didn't like?

Sequel………….:::plz

I'll admit, while the last chapters went extremely dark, the rest feels... not quite dark, but more... sobering. It shows the consequences of rampant lust and uninhibited sexuality: poor decision-making, unintended attachment, unwanted pregnancy, even the struggles of an isolated pregnant woman. I would almost think that this story is trying to bash the Sexual Revolution, and all the consequences we see from it in this day and age. And, to be perfectly honest, I liked that! I liked that all these actions had consequences, and how Shining and Cadance both suffered because of their hubris.

But then the last chapters were so sadistic and spiteful. Which I suppose could be a nod to jealous/vindictive wives who were cheated on, except for one problem, and why I think Cadance was in the wrong: oxytocin. If you've taken any biology or psychology class where sex was a focus, you've heard about this chemical. I am by no means a biologist or psychologist, so I won't go into detail, but long story short: oxytocin is a chemical that allows us to create attachments and feel love. And seeing as it is released most prevalently during sex, you can't have sex with someone without forming some kind of connection or attachment. And as the Princess of Love, sex fiend that she is, Cadance should know this! And since Glimmer still had a female brain at the time of that one night stand, that attachment still hits hard! So no, I don't blame Shining for getting a spark with Turbulence, especially since Cadance talked her into doing a one night stand in the first place!

Could Glimmer have tried harder to maintain her love for Cadance? Probably, yes. But could Cadance have reacted with more maturity and actually talked to Glimmer about her concerns, rather than pull this elaborate and sadistic plot? Yes, definitely!

I hope 'C' never reads this, but I sometimes think about him every now and again.

Imagine that this line alone started the whole thing, the very first entry Shining wrote down in the diary. Sheesh, she really snapped. For a princess of love she either was always a hedonistic psycho who was good at hiding it or she has really fragile ego. Or a bit of both.

Otherwise yeah it was an okay story. I usually try skip porn horror because it's not my thing. I read the fic to see what kind of r63Shining sex scenes were there and eventually read the whole thing. Mostly given it's nature I was just skimming through whenever I saw it in the "updated" section but this ending was interesting enough to read. While there were plenty of easily predictable things like Ritz, the diary twist was something I didn't suspect and was well done! But yeah, mostly between how Shining got stuck as Glimmer and the ending most of it was just the kind of boring misery porn. It's been a while since I read those chapters, but can't really remember anything enganging about them. Constant suffering without any contrasting highlights just makes it dull and stale.

Again, this is not a genre I usually like and yes the Dark tag is there for a reason, so take this with a grain of salt! I'm not the target audience but still found it a worthwhile read,

11769373
yes a sequel but not as dark. I want Cadance exposed and punished for what she did to Shining Armour and what she plans to do to Twilight and her friends, and I want Twilight to win, I also want Celestia and Luna to realize how dangerous Cadance has gotten, end with her being stripped of her Alicorn magic and suffer the exact same brainwashing and memory extraction that she put Shining through and is planning to do to Twilight and her friends

11769371
A good chunk of people probably felt that the story did a shift from sexy horror to horrific sex, and have trouble dealing with it. Also Cadance being just a straight up psycho villain who wins right at the end when she probably didn't need to be. Her just being neglectful of Glimmer as Glimmer deals with the psychological issues of her situation was dark enough for people already. Also, the very end with Twilight felt out of place like the story changed to a chessy horror movie suddenly.

11769555
Totally get you, but personally enjoyed this as a dark story. And I'd probably want the Sequel to be just as dark. That said a Shining wakes up and it was all a dream what if chapter would be funny

11769565
I agree! I liked the more sobering darkness as opposed to the horror of the last chapters, and would have liked seeing Shining change back, let go of Turbulence willingly, and maybe reevaluate his relationship with Cadance after she neglected him for so long. As it stands, I think it may have gone too dark at the end than was strictly necessary. I still like this story, but I like it more for the natural consequences of the "fuck around and find out" mentality they both had.

11769568
I feel like the logical conclusion to this if cadence does go after the mane 6 is that the mane 6 replacments will be "off" and will make people suspect things which will lead to both cadence getting sloppy and maby loosing shinings memorys as well as discord getting involved to set things right and save fluttershy.
That or cadence is forced to come clean next time there is a threat where they need the mane 6 or shining and the replacements are not working

11771104
Maybe, or she could just totally get away with it

11771105
she could but the whole plan of replacing shining didnt seem to be the best put together and if she does go after the mane 6 there is even more things that could go wrong since she doesent know them as well as shining so any replacements she does of them could be worse then the one of shining

Kind of whatever to request a sequel or commission but it seems like that won't happen now

Was working with someone on a commission to do a sequel to this but there were creative differences snd a difficulty communicating on both parts.

I do have a tome of notes stored away for a sequalz but I'm working on a bigger project. I would do the emsequal but only as a commission and if the person or people commissioning me work with me.

I really liked the story and I cant help but wonder how you would write a chrysalis if you already write Cadance to be so manipulative and such.

Sure would make for a good story to see Chrysalis manipulate Shining before the wedding. Could see her be really into toying with Shining and tease him.

Login or register to comment