• Published 4th Jul 2023
  • 2,208 Views, 612 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - extremeenigma02



The Mane Six and Spike embark on one of their darkest missions yet when they are transported to Victorian London where a barber named Sweeney Todd is out for revenge on a corrupt judge who ruined his life.

Comments ( 102 )

It's over! At last!

Just got home from work. Gonna start on the previous chapter commentary and then make my over to start on the final chapter for the CA adventure

After a lengthy project, we conclude in the most appropriate manner of this movie. A bloodbath to the very end, which leads to question whether the road for revenge is truly worthwhile. A trip where someone seemingly fulfilled their goal, and yet it feels as though you lost at the same time. Doubt is starting to pour in and it's only the latter portion of Season 2, a new member has possibly joined the Order, and it seems the plot only thickens the more of these entries are produced. What's to become by the end of this season? Where does the series go from here?

And above all...

Can Phantom-Dragon finish his commentaries within a week's time? Because that's how long until we get ready for the next entry.

That is all! Have a good day!

Of course, I should have known that Metamora would do this. She is exactly like Cora, thinking what she did was for the best of her daughter when in fact, she did it only for herself. I hope that Chrysalis finds her happy ending someday.

11680048

I had a strong feeling that Chryslias backstory involving Fire Fall was gonna be taking Evil Mother route having something to do with it

So, we now know that the story she said WAS actually true. However, Celestia wasn’t acting on her own free will during it all

Before I put up my commentary, I would like to say thank you.

Thank you for writing this grisly tale and thereby introducing me to the masterful wonder that is this musical. It was because of this announcement that I went out of my way to watch the movie itself and look into its history: I watched the film adaptation, then I watched a filmed recording of the 1980 stageplay George Hearn and Angela Lansbury, and then I purchased a copy of the original story he was featured in back in 1846: The String of Pearls.

All I can say is that this has become my new favorite musical and Sondheim's lyrics and composition are so addicting I can't help but sing along to it all.

Thanks again, Mr. Enigma, and here's to a bright future.👍

So, Celestia was manipulated into banishing Chrysalis and her then-significant other? Huh... Also, nice that Chrysalis resurrected Sweeney Todd and brought him to the Dark Order.

11680052
Glad we were to help introduce you to it

11680051
Of course she didn't, Metamora had her heart.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is next and the finale of Season 2. Extremeenigma02 Cinematic Adventures: Order of The Light - Isaac Wall - Wattpad I just want to give Twilight all the help she can get. Hope Disney characters can be used.

Hmmmm. Something's wrong with the spoiler code. Anyway, read this commentary below at your own discretion.


Hi! So...I'm still working on my current commentaries (and some other stuff). I know I'm behind. But I'll catch up. But until then, the inevitable. The ending.

Emerging through the portal into Equestria, the Mane Six and Spike arrived with somber expressions upon their faces from the moment they stepped back into Discord’s Theatre and the portal closed behind them. After everything they’ve experienced, everything they just learned, it was safe to say neither one of them would ever be the same again… at least, not for a while. Every pony, dragon, griffin, and various other creatures attending the theatre raced forward to greet them, pleased to see they were alright.

Everyone...except for a certain draconequus who had been misbehaving and took a delight in sending everyone to the moon. And is currently on a BIG time out.

On the moon

Discord: (Singing by his lonesome) "Together we're all lost on the moon...We all share our home on the moon..."

“Thank Faust you are okay,” Princess Luna sighed, in relief.

“Headmare Twilight, I can’t even imagine how horrible it must have been to be there,” Silverstream added.

“We’re glad you guys made it out alive,” Gallus nodded. “Guys…?”

But the Mane Six and Spike remained silent, merely walking past the group toward the back of the theatre. The moment they arrived, Princess Celestia was there to greet them, smiling for their safety.

Thorax: (To Atlanta) "She's still in trouble. Isn't she?"

Atlanta: (To Thorax) "She is."

Pharynx: (To Atlanta) "Then why is she smiling?"

Atlanta: (To Pharynx) "I'm pretty sure she's just glad that Twilight's safe."

“Well done, my little ponies,” The princess congratulated them. “It’s a shame everyone couldn’t be saved, but you still risked your lives to save Anthony and Johanna. That’s to be commended—”

Celestia stopped when her eyes turned toward Twilight Sparkle, the only pony to even look at her teacher. Only it wasn’t with the usual adoration and gratitude she normally gave Celestia. Instead, Twilight looked at her as though she was seeing a complete stranger, the like of which she didn’t even know anymore.

“Princess…” Twilight spoke softly. “How… could you?”

“Twilight, what do you mean?” Celestia asked her.

Random Changeling #1: "Don't play dumb with us!"

Random Changeling #2: "You know darn well what!"

“How could you do such a thing to Chrysalis?!” Twilight questioned. “She was happy with that colt; she was ready to walk away from a life of evil. So, why did you send him away? Why did you have to break her heart?”

The remainder of the theatre attendees knew this moment would come, all eyes looking toward the sun princess and every one of them wondering the exact same question they had throughout the adventure. Celestia merely gave a downtrodden look as she closed her eyes.

“Twilight Sparkle, I know how bad this looks,” Celestia spoke somberly. “I know what you must think of me now but believe me when I say it. What you say… that wasn’t me. I don’t even recall doing any of those horrible things. No way would I ever do something so cruel—”

“We all saw it happen!” Spike argued.

Audience: "So did we!"

Big Mac: "Eeyup!"

“There’s no denying it was you, princess,” Rainbow added. “You can’t lie your way out of this, right A.J.?”

Opaline: "No she can't! Let's toss her back onto the moon!"

Angry Mob: "YEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

Princess Luna: "BE STILL!!!"

However, when Applejack looked at the princess closely, trying to ascertain any falseness in her words, it was just as the Earth pony suspected… nothing. She couldn’t find anything.

“She’s telling the truth,” Applejack spoke up.

“WHAT?!” Every pony exclaimed.

Pharynx: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, SAY WHAT?!"

“But we saw it happen!” Princess Luna argued. “I truly wish all this was false, I know my sister better than any pony. There’s no denying that was her!”

“I ain’t arguin’ that it wasn’t her!” Applejack retorted. “Ah’m sayin’ it’s quite possible she weren’t in control of herself when it happened.”

Gallus: "...You're sayin' she was brainwashed?"

Applejack’s assumption had everyone looking amongst each other, breaking out into murmurs of confusion.

“You mean… she was being controlled somehow?” Rarity asked.

“That’s exactly what Ah’m sayin’,” Applejack nodded.

“But who?” Fluttershy questioned. “Who would do something as twisted and evil to not only break Chrysalis, but to force Celestia to do it?”

“Who knows, Fluttershy?” Spike sighed. “Who knows anything?”

Thorax: "But...if that's true...then that would mean...Celestia is innocent?"

Trixie: "And you guys falsely accused her of being a criminal?"

Changeling: "Hey, don't go pinning this on me, horse-pony. You were in on it when we tossed Celestia onto the moon."

Twilight Sparkle: (To everyone) "You guys did WHAT?!"

Starlight Glimmer: (To Twilight Sparkle) "It was Discord's idea. But if it makes you feel better. We've tossed him to the moon as well. And he's still up there."

On the moon

Discord: "...What? You think I'm gonna crack like Phantom-Dragon did in Ace Ventura? You want me to sing you a serenade? Get outta here..."

Back in the theater

Atlanta: "Still...if this whole time, Celestia was innocent...then that would mean..."

Capper Dapperpaw: "The only crime that was committed was your revenge driven mob mentality."

Pharynx: "Yeah. We're all super guilty for what we did."

Random Dude: "So now what?"

Every changelings and creatures in the audience exchanged looks until...

Random Changeling: "EVERYONE TOSS YOURSELF ONTO THE MOON!"

And just like that, the angry mobs all tossed themselves onto the moon.

Pharynx: "WAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!"

Changeling #1: "WAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!"

Changeling #2: "WAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!"

Changeling #3: "WAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!"

Changeling #4: "WAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!"

Three Hours Later (ft. Patrick Star)

On the moon

Discord: "Oh look! I have a new audience! Don't mind me. I've just set up shop on the moon!"

11680061
Correction: Ice Age is next, and then Chamber of Secrets.

And so it's done the Judge and Beadle are dead, the girls and Spike learned what made Chrysalis what she was, but Celestia did not do if of her own accord. Rather she was merely a puppet in the scheme of Chrysalis' own mother who wanted to do what was best for the hive. Just like Chrysalis always said she did everything for her hive. They really are mother and daughter. And now Chrysalis has brought Todd back to life in Equestria and into the ranks of the Order. What awaits this new villain couple is something we'll have to wait and see

11680067
The second we don't know if it will be like that.

11680073
And to think, if Chryslias was able to run away with Fire Fall

Things might’ve been different with the Changelling race much earlier than expected

great story mate keep it up cant wait for the next chapter i hope Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is the next story:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

11680067 How do you know? I bet each Season is 11 stories. Ice Age can maybe the start of Season 3. We'll have to wait and see.

11680097
Harry Potter is a season finale.

11680067
We don't know if Chamber of Secrets is after Ice Age.

11680061
No, Ice Age is next. After that we don't know.

11680092
Nope. It's Ice Age.

Mr. Enigma... DramaMaster... you've struck diamond.

From the moment this adventure was announced, I had high hopes. And you didn't just deliver, you improved. Little touches like nods to the original stage version, Mrs. Lovett personally poisoning Lucy, even alluding to Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland with Chrysais's disguise, helped add extra satisfaction. And involving Chrysalis, and the Mane Six at the same time? It can't have been easy juggling all the different sides of this story, even with most of it being laid out already.

Let's talk about what the Mane Six did here. I'm not certain how much of my suggestions you actually used from that one post I made, if any, but I appreciate it nonetheless that this story was even made! Regardless, I really appreciate that they took the lighter side of this story. It would make absolutely no sense for them to team up with a murderer like Sweeney, no matter his tragedies. But rescuing a young girl from an abusive gaoler? Absolutely!

And then we turn to Chrysalis. To be perfectly honest, I had always felt like you both wrote her just a touch too crazy in these Adventures. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course, but it just seemed a bit... odd. Here, however? Her madness meets and ricochets with Todd and Lovett perfectly. The kinship between her and Todd is genuine, the growing rivalry between her and Lovett is believable, and it makes a perfectly unhinged trio.

This is also perhaps the most development we've seen from our favorite Changeling Queen! A lost lover, a believable, passionate romance, and a firm line in the moral sand! Amazing what you can establish in one story!

I could keep prattling on, but I think my point is made. 11/10, will absolutely read this several times, and I will see you all soon... in slightly cooler weather.

11680061
*grimace* Jumped the gun a bit, there.

11680065

Johanna and Anthony emerged from the shadows of the room…

Soon even a few policemen emerged, some as pale as Sweeney Todd, some with slits on their own throats, shadows under their eyes, and slapping their own billy clubs upon their hands.

Then a new ghost joined the group… a face one could easily recognize… the Beggar Woman… Lucy.

She was soon joined by the Judge himself… Turpin…

Soon, the Beadle and even Pirelli joined the wave of ghosts, bellowing their anguish…

The ghosts coursed from the castle, into the village region where the members of Eden’s Gate resided. The ghosts considered the guns, the stained blades, and even the town’s own chopping block…

Hunting like predators, the ghosts swayed through oblivious cult members that made up a growing order. Their long shadows towered bizarrely against the walls and ceilings of their new home. A fiery red roar from a bake over built the intensity…

The ghosts tear through the Dark Kingdom with increasing frenzy – cutting quickly, vertiginous angles – yet no one can feel their presence.

The ghosts moved away, revealing new figures amongst them: Twilight Sparkle, her friends among the Mane Six, Spike, and even the ghost of Mrs. Lovett, now covered in ash and soot. They faced each other, encircling one another. Eventually, they spiraled toward where Chrysalis and Sweeney Todd continued to look out.

One by one, the ghosts proceed to disappear, fading into the shadows of the Dark Castle. Until at last, there was only Mrs. Lovett alone who stared at Mr. Todd, her former ally and the love of her heart… who killed her. Whether he could feel Lovett’s presence or not, it mattered little.

Todd and Chrysalis stood alone in their room, glaring out at the distance toward a seemingly invisible Mrs. Lovett. Finally, the late pie-baker gave Todd a grim little smile before disappearing into the darkness forever.

Armed with newfound power beyond even his own understanding, Todd’s life began to flash before his eyes, the images building toward an inevitable conclusion: Todd singing – slashing – smiling – striding –

Finally, there was only one image for Todd that mattered most. Him and Chrysalis, kneeling along the sheets as red as blood. Then they fell… into the ‘blood’… wrapping themselves in an embrace as sweet as… death.

(Me clapping)
Me: BRAVO!!!
11680065

Flashback…

A Thousand Years Ago…

Princess Celestia strolled through the mighty dark trees of the Everfree Forest. Having just banished Fire Fall and sending Chrysalis back to the Changeling Hive, one would think the pony princess would feel either regret for what she had done or triumph. Yet she showcased no emotion whatsoever as she strolled through the forest. Eventually, she came to a stop at a small clearing in the midst of the dark trees. Walking toward the middle of the clearing, she stood waiting almost in anticipation.

“Is it done?”

Hearing the voice, Celestia turned her body in a complete 180-degree turn, taking notice of a tall figure slowly emerging into the clearing. The figure in question turned out to be none other than the Changeling Queen before Chrysalis herself, Queen Metamora. The changeling Queen smirked wickedly as she walked out into the clearing with something clutched within her magical grasp. What she held was a glowing red scarlet heart… Celestia’s heart.

“Yes, it’s done,” Celestia replied, in a monotone hypnotized voice.

“And would you say she looked… broken?” Metamora asked.

To which Celestia only nodded, yet this pleased the changeling just the same.

“Good girl,” She approved. “I suppose I can give this back to you now. But first…”

The queen used her magic once more to bring out a small memory stone, using it to wipe Celestia’s brain completely from the terrible events that had occurred. No longer would she hold recollection of Queen Metamora taking her heart, sending Fire Fall away, or breaking Chrysalis’s heart. She held the glowing heart in her magical grip in front of her mouth.

“I return your heart to you, in return you will forget this encounter and return to your castle,” She ordered.

Celestia merely gave a slow nod before Metamora quickly rammed the heart back into the princess’s chest. When it was done, Celestia walked out of the clearing back in the direction of her and her sister’s castle. Once she was out of sight, Queen Metamora held the memory stone in front of her, smiling wickedly.

“Well done.”

Another voice made the changeling Queen turn to her left, as a figure in black emerged from the trees and approached her.

“You’ve successfully taken a princess’ heart and broken your daughter’s,” The figure spoke approvingly.

“All thanks to the lesson you gave me on how to take a heart,” Metamora smirked.

“Though I must question: why not simply disguise yourself as the princess herself? Why go through all the trouble?”

“Chrysalis would have easily been able to tell it was me. Other changelings aren’t susceptible to our disguises. I needed her to truly believe it was Celestia who had done all this to her.”

To which the figure grinned under their hood.

“Nonetheless, very impressive,” They commended.

“And I suppose in exchange for that, you want something in return?” Metamora sighed. “Go ahead, name your price.”

The dark figure slowly circled the changeling Queen as a gloved hand stroked its chin hidden under the dark hood.

“That…” The figure pointed to the memory stone.

Metamora looked at the memory stone within her magical grasp before looking back toward the figure with suspicious eyes.

“What purpose could you possibly have with Celestia’s memories?” Metamora asked.

“What need do ‘you’ have for them since they’ve been taken from her?” The figure retorted. “She’ll have no memory of what took place here; what harm is there giving them to me?”

Metamora took that little detail under tight consideration, looking back and forth between the stone and the dark figure. Eventually, she returned an affirming nod.

“Fair enough,” She decided. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a ship to wreck.”

Using her magic, the Changeling floated the stone over to the figure and placed it in their gloved hand. She proceeded to make her way out of the clearing.

“Before you go…”

The Queen stopped upon hearing the figure calling out to her, turning her head back.

“How did it feel?” The figure asked.

“How did what feel?” Metamora asked back.

“How did it feel… to break your daughter’s heart?” The figure replied.

“It was a necessary evil,” Metamora answered. “Had Chrysalis run away with that colt, the entire changeling race would fall. I worked too hard to let my changelings fall into non-existence. I will break a thousand hearts before I let the colony die.”

To which, a wicked laugh from the figure under the hood marked the initial response.

“Well… you truly are the mother of the year,” The figure spoke tauntingly.

“I don’t need your mockery!” Metamora huffed. “With Chrysalis’s heart broken, she will finally become the ruthless changeling Queen she was born to be. Even if she finds out the truth, even she comes for me because of it… this will only prove ‘one’ thing: My daughter… is not ‘weak’.”

“… We shall soon see,” The figure nodded. “After all, evil isn’t born… it’s made.”

11679952
Me:(radio)"It's time, bring of them to the Hanger".

11680120
Oh no… it’s Mr. Big TV Man in the flesh! Or what little there is.

11680061
Also. No Disney movies or characters in this series.

Monsters Inc. Reference. In the Flashback. Love that movie. Childhood for me.

11680112
Wow thanks for the kind words

11680065

Extra Cuts

Suddenly, the bakehouse doors flung open as the Mane Six and Spike burst inside. They all stood frozen in place, horrified by the scene around them. Three dead bodies laid to the left, an assortment of bones, limbs, and rotting flesh for pies to their right, and a disguised Changeling and a barber covered in blood… right in front of them.

Me: *silent, unable to speak*

Blitz: *trying not to throw up* Oh f***...

Sonata Dusk: *covers her eyes in fright*

“What have you done?” Twilight asked in shock.

“You… sick JERKS!” Rainbow yelled. “This is low even for you, Chrysalis!”

“Ah know yer evil and all Chrysalis, but this time ya gone too far!” Applejack spoke up.

“Even I can’t believe you’d do such a horrible act!” Rarity exclaimed. “You two are worse than evil!”

“What kind of sick twisted monsters are you?!” Spike cried out.

Blitz: That's it! You goin down, B***h!

Sonata Dusk: I'll turn you into tacos for this!

Releasing an agonizing growl, Chrysalis shot her magic toward the entire group pinning them hard against the stone wall. Without their own magic, the ponies and Spike were defenseless and unable to break free. Soon, the Changeling discarded her human disguise for her original form, slowly approaching them with the most unbridled hate they’ve ever seen.

“You… call us monsters?!” She seethed. “After what you’ve seen, you think we are the wicked ones?! This is what I hate about you pretentious ponies! So quick to see the fault in others and condemn them, never once bothering to consider ‘why’ we do what we do!”

“Your reasons are irrelevant!” Twilight protested. “No matter what happened in your lives, it doesn’t justify what you’ve done now!”

Chrysalis merely strolled toward Twilight, leaning right up to where their muzzles were inches apart.

“You know nothing, Twilight Sparkle!” She growled.

Off to the side, the moment was interrupted when Chrysalis saw Pinkie Pie bursting into giggles.

“HA-HA! References…” She laughed. “Just like when Twilight said, ‘Winter is coming’ when Rainbow tried to stop winter—”

“SHUT UP!!!” Chrysalis yelled.

Pinkie quickly zipped her mouth shut… quite literally.

Blitz: Whoa! ...Could that work for Stolis?

Me: Not the time, Blitz!

“Twilight’s right,” Rarity spoke up. “Neither you nor Mr. Todd have a single justifiable cause for what you’ve done!”

To which Chrysalis released another growl as she turned her head towards Rarity.

“You’re one to talk, Miss Element of Generosity!” She hissed. “Your own husband… is a murderer! He killed people for simply making fun of his appearance. What right do you have to tell me what’s justifiable when you’re the one so desperate for love, you’d defend him?!”

This instantly made Rarity shut up, as a few tears sprang to her eyes.

Blitz: Ooooooh..... that's harsh.....

Sonata Dusk: Uncalled for, even if it's true...

“But do you know what I really hate most about you ponies?” Chrysalis asked, eyeing them. “You judge others by how you feel about them. No matter what anyone has done, if they are important to you, you turn a blind eye. But when someone like me does something you don’t like, you automatically vilify me! The same way when you’d turn a child into stone… A CHILD!!! And you call me insane…”

“That’s because your actions are done without provocation or cause!” Twilight argued. “You do evil things for the sake of being evil!”

Once more, Chrysalis slowly turned her gaze to the lavender Princess of Friendship, the one pony she hates even more than Celestia herself.

“Is that truly what you believe?” She asked. “Perhaps its high time I show you exactly ‘why’ I am the way I am. Why Mr. Todd is the way he is today. I dare you to look at us and claim we’re still the monsters!”

Without warning, Chrysalis focused all her magic from her jagged horn as her eyes rolled to the back of her head. She forcibly pushed her magic to transfer her memories as well as Sweeney’s into the minds of the Mane Six and Spike, whose eyes also rolled back as they groaned and cried from all the memories playing in their heads all at once:

Chrysalis’s first meeting with Fire Fall… Sweeney Todd and his happy little family… Celestia sending Fire Fall away as Chrysalis wept for him… Judge Turpin’s order to exile Sweeney to Australia…

Blitz: *starting to feel overwhelmed*

Sonata Dusk: Make it stop!

Even with all that going on, Sweeney paid no attention to any of them. All of his sight was upon his deceased wife Lucy, slowly walking over to her, dropping his razor onto the floor, and sunk to his knees as he slowly dragged himself across the floor to the Beggar Woman. Gently, he reached out and lifted her head into his arms cradling her closely. He couldn’t believe it; she’d been alive this entire time, and he killed her! All the torment, all his turmoil, he let it out with one final song.

Sweeney Todd (Sings):
There was a barber and his wife,
And she was beautiful…

Unbeknownst to Sweeney Todd, a small pair of hands grasped the cold metal of the sewer grate behind him and lifted it off. Todd slowly climbed out of the grate behind the man with a cold look on his face. From that very spot, he heard ‘everything’ that took place above him, including Mr. Todd throwing Mrs. Lovett into the flames. Hearing the mad barber killed the only mother figure he ever had, the young boy’s hatred for the man turned into the need… for revenge.

Crawling from the manhole like a rat, Toby noticed Mr. Todd’s razor laying upon the floor behind the man. Reaching out to grab it, he slowly slunk from the sewer and stood behind the mad barber, eyeing him with the deepest hate he ever held for anyone.

Mr. Todd (Sings):
A foolish barber and his wife,
She was his reason and his life.
And she was beautiful.
And she was virtuous.
And he was…

Todd folded himself over his dead wife. The only sound was his deep, anguished sobs. Then… he became aware of something. He looked over to see Toby, watching him. Todd gently set Lucy down and then, still kneeling, turned to face Toby. Without words, they looked at each other as Todd noticed the razor in Toby’s hands.

Finally accepting fate, Mr. Todd slowly unbuttoned his collar, exposing his neck. He slowly raised his head back, offering his naked throat without looking at him. Toby slowly approached him… and methodically slit his throat quickly. Todd continued to gaze up as the lonely sound of wind escaped from his severed windpipe, eventually slumping over the body of his wife he still held in his arms. Dropping the razor, Toby turned to leave the bakehouse as the barber leaned forward, his blood flowing out his neck and onto his dead wife.

It was at that moment Chrysalis finished showing her memories toward the Mane Six and Spike. The magic kept its hold as they were literally dropped back to reality. Chrysalis still looked at them with hatred, while the weakened ponies and Spike returned looks of disbelief.

“No…” Twilight whispered, in denial. “It… can’t be true! Celestia… she would never do something like that. She… she couldn’t!”

“The truth stings, doesn’t it?” Chrysalis asked, venomously. “You think so highly of your princess for so many years, only to learn she holds darkness with her heart.”

Me: *head down in shame*

Sonata Dusk: Celestia actually did that?...

“AHHHHHHH!!!”

Rarity released the loudest scream she had ever channeled in her entire life and tears streamed down her face. All of her friends turned to look at what she screamed at, and their eyes widened with shock. Chrysalis turned around, and when her eyes landed on the frightful sight, her mouth dropped, and she fell to her knees. Mr. Todd slumped over dead with his blood flowing from the neck and onto his wife’s body. The blood formed a dark pool along the rough brick floor, slowly starting to spread… the fiery glow from the bake over reflected in the blood.

This sight proved too devastating for the Terror of Equestria herself. Tears fell down her own face as the Changeling crawled toward Mr. Todd, taking his body in her arms.

“No!” She cried. “No, NO! Not again! This can’t happen to me… not again!”

Chrysalis broke out into full blown sobs, as she held Mr. Todd close to her. The sight of the former changeling Queen breaking down into a sobbing mess before them actually left the group sharing a small shred of sympathy even for Chrysalis. Though they always known her to be evil and cruel, to lose a love already and to lose another… that was something they’d never wish on even their greatest enemy. For the longest time, Chrysalis held the body of Sweeney Todd, crying until one would fear she’d pass out from dehydration.

“I’m sorry!” She wept. “I’m so sorry! I should’ve protected you! I’ve already lost everything in my life! My first love, my daughter, my entire hive! I’ve lost… everything! I have nothing…”

*Blitz watched Chrysalis' greef. He knew what it was like to lose someone important*

Sonata Dusk: How could we've not known from the start?...

When she finally cried out her last tear, Chrysalis slowly turned her head towards the Mane Six and Spike, who remained pressed against the wall. Seeing the broken, twisted look upon her face made them fearful as they knew she had snapped. Growling like a dog on rabies, Chrysalis released Sweeney’s body, quickly grabbed the razor with her magic, and rushed back to press the blade upon Twilight’s neck.

“THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU PONIES!!!” She yelled angrily, tears streaming. “Every time you get involved with my life; I LOSE EVERYTHING!!! Why can’t you just leave me be?! Why do you always get everything, Celestia?!”

Chrysalis pressed the razor blade onto Twilight’s throat, causing small droplets of blood to leak out as Twilight whimpered.

“I don’t care what the Dark One says!” Chrysalis seethed. “I should slit your throats right now! End all of this tonight! I can finally win… and I can have it all back!”

Me: *in my thoughts* NO!!!

Slowly but surely, Chrysalis’ anger subsided, and her rational mind started working again. She soon remembered what Sweeney told her, how he preferred to kill so she wouldn’t take this dark path. He never wanted that for her, and who was she to dishonor him like this?

The razor slipped from her magical grip as she released the Mane Six and Spike, sending them sliding down the wall. She even removed the magic blocking cuffs from their joints, as they clattered against the floor, and they could feel their powers returning. However, the mere fact that Chrysalis released them instead of killing them left them too shocked to do anything. With her magic at work, Chrysalis opened a new portal back to Equestria, specifically the home of their friends, and not once did Chrysalis turn back to them.

“Leave me…” Chrysalis whispered sadly.

“Don’t have to tell me twice!” Rainbow replied, racing ahead.

“Let’s go!” Rarity said urgently.

The majority of the Mane Six, including Spike, took the opportunity to run straight into the portal without looking back. Twilight Sparkle was about to run through herself but stopped at the last moment. She turned back toward the disheartened Chrysalis, a look of sympathy spread across the princess’s face.

“Chrysalis… I—” Twilight reached out.

“LEAVE, TWILIGHT SPARKLE!!!” Chrysalis warned, facing her. “Before I change my mind…”

Twilight stood staring at the former Changeling queen for a moment or two, then she eventually turned around and ran through the portal after her friends.

*As Blitz, Sonata and I walk toward the portal, Todd's razor floats in front of me. I look to Chrysalis who was levitating it to me*

Chrysalis: Take it... It's useless to me now.

*I take it with a sad look and go through the portal. Sonata feels great sadness for her, hoping she'll be alright. Blitz takes one last look of sympathy toward the former changeling queen before following me through the portal*

As the portal sealed, Chrysalis slowly walked toward the deceased Sweeney Todd, still clutching the corpse of his dead wife. Chrysalis soon dropped to her knees, and for what felt like an eternity she sobbed as her cries echoed in the cold, dark, empty room.

*As we return to Equestria, I begin to sing a familiar ending number.*

Me: Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd.
His skin was pale and his eye was odd.

Blitz: *following along* He shaved the faces of gentlemen
Who never thereafter were heard of again.

Blitz & I: He trod a path that few have trod, Did Sweeney Todd, The demon barber of Fleet Street.

*Unknown to us, silowets of all the victims and murdered people including Todd himself sung behind us*

BEGGAR WOMAN:
He kept a shop in London town,
Of fancy clients and good renown.

JUDGE:
And what if none of their souls were saved?
They went to their maker impeccably shaved

BEGGAR WOMAN, JUDGE & POLICEMEN:
By Sweeney,
By Sweeney Todd,

ALL: (thus far)
The demon barber of Fleet Street.

PIRELLI & BEADLE:
Swing your razor wide, Sweeney!
Hold it to the skies!
Freely flows the blood of those
Who moralise!

ALL:
His needs are few, his room is bare:
He hardly uses his fancy chair.
The more he bleeds, the more he lives.
He never forgets and he never forgives.
Perhaps today you gave a nod
To Sweeney Todd,
The demon barber of Fleet Street.

Sweeney wishes the world away,
Sweeney's weeping for yesterday,
Hugging the blade, waiting the years,
Hearing the music that nobody hears.
Sweeney waits in the parlour hall,
Sweeney leans on the office wall.

MEN:
No one can help, nothing can hide you-
Isn't that Sweeney there beside you?
Sweeney wishes the world away.
Sweeney's weeping for yesterday,

ALL:
No one can help, nothing can hide you-
Isn't that Sweeney there beside you?
Sweeney wishes the world away.
Sweeney's weeping for yesterday,
Is Sweeney!
There he is, it's Sweeney!
Sweeney! Sweeney!
There! There! There! There!
There! There! There!
There!

TODD & COMPANY:
Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd!
He served a dark and a hungry god!

TODD:
To seek revenge may lead to Hell,

MRS. LOVETT:
But everyone does it, though seldom as well

TODD & MRS. LOVETT:
As Sweeney,

COMPANY:
As Sweeney Todd,
The demon barber of Fleet Street!

11680065
11680139

Extra Cuts

Emerging through the portal into Equestria, the Mane Six and Spike arrived with somber expressions upon their faces from the moment they stepped back into Discord’s Theatre and the portal closed behind them. After everything they’ve experienced, everything they just learned, it was safe to say neither one of them would ever be the same again… at least, not for a while. Every pony, dragon, griffin, and various other creatures attending the theatre raced forward to greet them, pleased to see they were alright.

“Thank Faust you are okay,” Princess Luna sighed, in relief.

Charlie Morningstar: Cinema!

*Charlie runs over and hugs me tight*

Me: Charlie? What are you doing here?

Charlie: Alastor received a VIP for this adventure.

Vaggie: That was a ton of s*** that went on over there.

Angel Dust: Not bad for a mage level unicorn Cin.

Husk: You did alright, kid.

Me: Well thanks.... You nitwits! *slam their heads together giving a bonk sound*

Angel Dust: *rubs his head* I hate it when he does that...

Husk: I'm used to it...

Alaster: You never fail to surprise us all, Cinema Lights. You're a real show stealer.

Me: Alastor.

Headmare Twilight, I can’t even imagine how horrible it must have been to be there,” Silverstream added.

“We’re glad you guys made it out alive,” Gallus nodded. “Guys…?”

But the Mane Six and Spike remained silent, merely walking past the group toward the back of the theatre. The moment they arrived, Princess Celestia was there to greet them, smiling for their safety.

“Well done, my little ponies,” The princess congratulated them. “It’s a shame everyone couldn’t be saved, but you still risked your lives to save Anthony and Johanna. That’s to be commended—”

Celestia stopped when her eyes turned toward Twilight Sparkle, the only pony to even look at her teacher. Only it wasn’t with the usual adoration and gratitude she normally gave Celestia. Instead, Twilight looked at her as though she was seeing a complete stranger, the like of which she didn’t even know anymore.

“Princess…” Twilight spoke softly. “How… could you?”

“Twilight, what do you mean?” Celestia asked her.

“How could you do such a thing to Chrysalis?!” Twilight questioned. “She was happy with that colt; she was ready to walk away from a life of evil. So, why did you send him away? Why did you have to break her heart?”

Me: Please Celestia, why would you do such a thing?

Sonata Dusk: We need to understand.

The remainder of the theatre attendees knew this moment would come, all eyes looking toward the sun princess and every one of them wondering the exact same question they had throughout the adventure. Celestia merely gave a downtrodden look as she closed her eyes.

“Twilight Sparkle, I know how bad this looks,” Celestia spoke somberly. “I know what you must think of me now but believe me when I say it. What you say… that wasn’t me. I don’t even recall doing any of those horrible things. No way would I ever do something so cruel—”

Sonata Dusk: LIAR!

“We all saw it happen!” Spike argued.

“There’s no denying it was you, princess,” Rainbow added. “You can’t lie your way out of this, right A.J.?”

However, when Applejack looked at the princess closely, trying to ascertain any falseness in her words, it was just as the Earth pony suspected… nothing. She couldn’t find anything.

“She’s telling the truth,” Applejack spoke up.

“WHAT?!” Every pony exclaimed.

Sonata Dusk: FOR REALSIES?!

“But we saw it happen!” Princess Luna argued. “I truly wish all this was false, I know my sister better than any pony. There’s no denying that was her!”

“I ain’t arguin’ that it wasn’t her!” Applejack retorted. “Ah’m sayin’ it’s quite possible she weren’t in control of herself when it happened.”

Applejack’s assumption had everyone looking amongst each other, breaking out into murmurs of confusion.

“You mean… she was being controlled somehow?” Rarity asked.

“That’s exactly what Ah’m sayin’,” Applejack nodded.

“But who?” Fluttershy questioned. “Who would do something as twisted and evil to not only break Chrysalis, but to force Celestia to do it?”

“Who knows, Fluttershy?” Spike sighed. “Who knows anything?”

Me: Well, who ever did, he or she will pay.

Charlie Morningstar: Well for now, I think we should head home.

Blitz: Great idea, Princess. *hands me a business card* Hold onto it Cinema. We'll keep in touch.

Me: See you around.

*Charlie, Blitz, and all the demons return to Hell. After saying goodbye to Twilight, I walk with Sonata back to her temperary home*

Me: I can't believe it... Celestia being forced to do something but doesn't remember it...

Sonata Dusk: Well, whatever happens next, I'm sure we'll face those who forced her and make them pay. Also, thanks for being there for me Cinema. You know how to make me feel better when I feel scared.

Me: I do my best for a friend.

*We reach the house*

Sonata Dusk: I'll see you around.

Me: You too.

*With a loving blush, Sonata enters the house, awaiting to be with the one who helped her adjust to new life once again. I walk home thinking about Sonata and what we might do, while at the same time, thinking of Chrysalis and her pain. When I get home, I place Todd's razor on a stand and cover it with a glass cover among other items that stand for the adventures The Girls and Spike have been on. I pray to God asking him to help Chrysalis*

Man, after all this, everyone needs some therapy or a break.

So is the next story "Ice Age" or "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets"?

Comment posted by ImaginatorAssistant31600 deleted Aug 30th, 2023

Chysalis's mom did this to her daughter?! It's unforgivable, it makes me so angry! (Calms down) So what's next?

11680180
You may want to speak with Double E and Dramamaster829 about that.

11680180
It’s all in the rules of this forum

Comment posted by ImaginatorAssistant31600 deleted Aug 30th, 2023

“Seriously?” Chrysalis questioned in shock. “How is it possible for a man to live after all that? He was stabbed numerous times, his throat slit, and that large drop should’ve cracked his head! What compels that man to keep fighting for life?!”

He was able to survive that many stabs?! How stubborn is this man?!

Comment posted by ImaginatorAssistant31600 deleted Aug 30th, 2023
Comment posted by ImaginatorAssistant31600 deleted Aug 30th, 2023

11680191

And I thought Carrie's mom was horrible.

11680198
This is probably one of the darkest endings to a cinematic adventure ever

11680204
Rules:
No Disney movies
All stories must be approved
Everyone is treated equally
If you want to post something, ask me first

11680207
We won't know until almost the end of Ice Age.

Comment posted by ImaginatorAssistant31600 deleted Aug 30th, 2023

Jeeze this is a dark edn8ng. Bit still this was a another great cinematic adventure fic.

Can't wait till the next one

Comment posted by Elroy777 deleted Aug 30th, 2023
Login or register to comment