• Published 27th Apr 2023
  • 13,434 Views, 2,119 Comments

Trash of the Royal Castle - Netap



Human isekai'd into Equestria, regular stuff, right? Wrong! He knows nothing of the show and he took over the body of Prince Blueblood. Shenanigans ensue.

  • ...
55
 2,119
 13,434

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 48: Last Minute Preperations

It was at Eleven in the morning that Starlight Glimmer came to find her boss frowning at a pile of papers in his personal office.

"What's the problem?" She asked, knowing that it was no use trying to talk around the issue with him.
Whatever some ponies might say about him, Straightforwardness is one of his more obvious talents.

"If you have something to say, just say it," He told her during one of her earlier days working for him.

Heh, Earlier days, It's almost like she's been working here for years instead of the Month-and-a-half that it really was.

"You remember those ponies we interviewed for the job?" He asked, his eyes not leaving the document he was reading.

"What about them?" Starlight replied.

"Well, Remember how you said I'll probably have to hire all of them?"

"I remember something along those lines, yes..." A small smirk appeared on the mares face as she understood where the prince was going.

"You should have bet money on that," He told her, his eyes still reading the document in his hooves, "Because you're right," He threw the paper onto his desk, where Starlight picked it up and read for herself.

"Of course I'm right," She said, the smirk still on her face as she read the paper, "When am I ever wrong?"

Blueblood turned to look at her, his eyes half-lidded and unamused.
"Do you want a list?"

Starlight chuckled embarrassingly before taking a closer look at the paper.
"Wait a minute, all of them?"

Blueblood nodded.

"Including the Filly?"

Blueblood sighed at that, "Including the filly, yes,"

"Oh..." Starlight whispered.

"Oh Indeed," The prince nodded his head.

"And what about this new guy?" Starlight asked after reading a bit further into the document.

"Him? He's the replacement Cook, He'll be working in the kitchen of the ship, cleaning and making food, he's not actually part of the Company." Blueblood explained as he levitated the paper out of her hold and placed it inside a folder.

"Okay," Starlight said and moved to grab a chair and a book, ready to start another day of "Bodyguard Duty"


In a small apartment in the city of Manehatten, an Aquamarine Pegasus cheered in joy as a letter arrived in his mail.

"I knew I got the job, Oh yeah!" He punched the air in excitement, only to end up catching his leg on the carpet and falling to the floor, "Ow..."


Inside a large garage in the town of Ponyville, an Earth Stallion read the letter he received before a look of relief washed over his face

"Hopefully with this I'll have a higher budget for next year," He said to himself, looking at all the mechanical works around him.


Inside a hut near the border of Equestria, A Pegasus carefully opened the emvelope she received, making sure it wasn't another makeshift bomb, only to sigh in relief when It showed to be just a simple letter.

Reading the letter, the grey-haired Pegasus smiled excitedly, "Ah Yeah! Caninia, Daring Do is coming! Ahem- I mean- uh... A K Yearling is coming, for a job... with papers... yes."


When Cozy Glow received a letter from a cross-eyes Mailmare, she was suspicious.

That suspicion turned to joy as she read the contents of the letter, "Hehehe, With the money from that Prince, I won't need to sleep inside this cardboard box, Hahaha!" She laughed manically, pointing a small hoof at a rodent sleeping underneath a nearby dumpster, "Take that Mr Rattington! I won't have to share my food with you! I'll be rich! Hahaha!"

The rat merely tilted its head in confusion, content to let the small pony talk to herself.


"Ah, Score!" A Griffon cheered as the stopwatch she tied to a nearby tree alerted her that she just beat a personal record at speed diving.

"Huh, What's this?" She said when she saw an envelope tied next to her stopwatch.

Opening the envelope by tearing it with a claw, She took out the letter inside "I got the job? Sweet! That'll show that stupid nerd Rainbow Dash, With her boring weather team, She probably never left Equestria!" The Griffon laughed to herself before coughing into her claw.

"I mean, Great, Money..." She said in a monotone tone of voice after she took a deep breath, trying to ignore the glare of an angry Mare on her back.

"I said I'll pay the rent! Just give me more time!" She imagined herself yelling at her landlord, but in reality, simply shut her beak and walked away.


"Yes! The Great and Powerful Trixie will be the most well-known Unicorn in this Caninia! What will I need to do, move around crates? Send letters? Write documents? Trixie can do all that and more!" The Blue Unicorn cheered as she held the letter above her head, her small Caravan shaking with noise at that late hour of the night, nearly waking up the Farmer family that gave her the current job.

"No more Rock Farming! Hahah!"


Walking around his Home, Curtains closed and lights turned off, A large grey-furred and Blonde-haired Earth Pony Stallion picked up the envelope that lay near the bottom of his door.

Should anypony have entered his Home, the overwhelming smell of Fruits and sugar will have immediately forced them to exit the house so as not to hurt their noses.

"I got the job?" The Grey Stallion asked quietly, his eyes barely showing emotion as he talked with a monotone voice, no reaction of either Happiness or Anger, Sadness or Confusion.
That Stallion was almost like a blank husk.

But as he finished reading the letter he received, The lips on his face stretched, into a crude imitation of a joyful smile of excitement, as if an emotionless robot was tasked with imitating emotions.

"How Grand," He said blankly, the wide smile on his face not wavering as he dropped the letter onto the floor, ignoring it, as he went on to fill a large suitcase with jars upon jars of bright pink "Tubs of Jelly"

"How did they say to introduce myself?" He asked himself blankly as he packed one suitcase with "Jelly" followed soon by another two.

"It was something among the lines, "Hello, My name is Hughbert Jellius, but you may call me Hugh?" or was it "Call me Jelly?" Did it matter? I didn't listen when they gave the instructions," He spoke to himself, the wrong smile on his face barely moving as he did so.

"Whatever it may be," Hughbert Jellius said as he opened the door to his Home, leaving it with three suitcases all filled with nothing but "Tubs of Jelly"
"The Queen would Love to hear of this,"

And with those words, Hughbert Jellius walked in the direction of the train station, the letter he received held in a small pocket of one of the cases.

He had a message to pass on.

Author's Note:

Another short Chapter, but don't worry, next Chapter the Caninia Arc will start.
It will start taking place during the events of the Episode "Sisterhooves Social," And finish when everyone returns to Equestria before the events of "Sweet and Elite"

Meaning it will be a time frame of 3-4 weeks, marking it as the longest (In world chronological Time-span) Arc that I've written for this story, managing to surpass "Mystery Missing Mare-Streets Of Seaddle" or the "Starlight-Yakyakistan Arc" which took place over the course of just over two weeks.

Also, shoutout to that one reader for commenting on the last chapter a spoiler for a part of the story I haven't even written yet, Some of you readers can just read the future with your predictions It's crazy.

Also, Hughbert is a Canon pony as well, who made several background appearances, most notably during the song "The Perfect Stallion" in the episode "Hearts and Hooves Day" where Sweetie Bell sings about a pony who's "too strangely obsessed with tubs of jelly,"

I really wonder what he's up to...

PreviousChapters Next