• Published 27th Apr 2023
  • 13,438 Views, 2,122 Comments

Trash of the Royal Castle - Netap



Human isekai'd into Equestria, regular stuff, right? Wrong! He knows nothing of the show and he took over the body of Prince Blueblood. Shenanigans ensue.

  • ...
56
 2,122
 13,438

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 47: Job Interviews

It was on a surprisingly warm day in the early stages of winter, that the Newspapers released a story that caught the attention of both young and old Stallions.

"Prince Blueblood is hiring?" One of the readers of the Manehatten Gazette read out loud as he drank his morning tea.

"People with sufficient knowledge in Nautical Science or Mechanical Engineering are wanted?" Another Stallion read, putting down the screwdriver he was holding in his mouth.

"Interviews for a job that will take you across the ocean, expanding not only your cultural relevance but also the prosperity of Equestria?" A Filly read as she huddled inside the cardboard box she called her house.

"Sailing to the foreign nation of Caninia and opening trade routes between countries?" A Pegasus read from the newspaper as she deftly avoided the aerial obstacles of the big city.

"The Job includes a bed and breakfast, paid for by the crown itself for the duration of the job?" A Tall Griffon said out loud as she chewed her food with her mouth open, ignoring the stares of those around her.

"The pay is high?! That's enough for me!" A Unicorn said haughtily as she rummaged around in her caravan, "The Great and Powerful Trixie will definitely pay off her debt with this!"


"We're sorry, but we do not think you have what we are looking for," A Grey Unicorn with a Black Mane and a boring grey business suit said in the most boring voice he could muster, "You will receive a message should anything change, If you do not receive the message by the time the ship has sailed, you can confirm with yourself that you did not get the job," The Business-pony said before placing the paper he held into one of several piles that were slowly forming on his desk.

"I understand," The blonde Pegasus sighed dejectedly, scratched his stubble, and let his long aquamarine legs carry him out.


"Mr Turner, It says here that you already have a job, and a doctorate as well?" The Business-pony asked the next interviewee.

"Oh, em, I'm not a doctor, I didn't pass my doctorate exams, Doctor is my middle name," The brown Earth Pony said, fidgeting uncomfortably in his seat as the Unicorn stared down at him.

"Uh-huh..." The Business-pony nodded and moved the paper he held into the "Maybe" pile.


"I can fly very fast and can kick very strong," The Griffon said as she leaned back on the larger chair she took, picking at her beak with one of her talons, "What else do you need me to have?"

"Of course." The Unicorn nodded his head and placed her name in a pile titled "Guards"


"It says here you are a prized author and publisher of several Best Sellers, Why would you want to work as part of the shipping crew for this Job?" The Business-pony asked the rose-eyed Pegasus.

"I think spending a few weeks in such a job might help me find inspiration for my next Best Seller," The mare said, a leg swiping a tuft of grey hair from behind her red glasses.

"I see..." The Business-pony muttered and placed her name in a pile.


"I need the money," The Blue Unicorn told the Business-pony conducting the interviews, a sharp pointed hat nearly falling off her head as she bowed deeply to the Stallion.

"I didn't even ask you any of the questions," He told her, his voice conveying a hint of annoyance somehow without him changing his tone.


"You are a child, Please go home," The Business-pony told the small filly who sat on the interview chair.

"Okay," She smiled up at him and jumped up into the air, the flap of her tiny salmon-colored wings carrying her out of the room.

"...Why can't I just have a normal day?" The Business-pony says to himself when the young filly closes the door, a flash of Grey Light from his horn removing the Illusion of the boring Business-pony from his body, revealing the White Coat and Golden Mane underneath.

"Maybe it's because you're a prince?" A Mares voice sounded out from the room, a flash of blue light removing the Illusion of the vase near the window to reveal the Purple and Aquamarine Unicorn.

Blueblood sighed hearing that before turning to look at his friend and bodyguard, "How many of them do you think we will be hiring?" He asked her.

Starlight snorted at that question, an Aquamarine glow to her horn causing a translucent chair to appear under her, "Knowing your luck? All of them,"

Blueblood sighed at that, already tired from just thinking about how horrible the Caninia mission will go, especially with his luck.
"Including the little kid?" He asked Starlight, receiving a nod from her in return.

"Including the Filly somehow, yes," Starlight levitated other a newspaper, moving to the trivia section, "Anyways, what was the name of the King of Yaks during the Yak-Dragon war?" she asked from the trivia.

"We know the answer to that, we found his catacombs," Blueblood simply told her, receiving a nod from Starlight as she wrote down "King Tarkus IV"

In ten minutes, the illusions will return and the interviews will continue.

But that is a story for another time.


Omake: Cosmos and the Newly Acquired Power of Illusions.

"Hey," The one-armed decapitated head called out to the white Unicorn in her empty space of galaxies and Nebulae.

"Hey you," the Prince responded, eliciting a howl of laughter from the head.

"Hey Hey," Cosmos repeated, "Check this out!" And with a snap of her fingers, the empty nothingness of space around them twisted and changed shape, turning into a five-star hotel suite on a tropical beach.
"Now I can choose where we go!" Cosmos cheered, a wide smile on her face.

"Uh-huh," Blueblood simply nodded his head, a Martini in his hand as he laid back on a couch.

Cosmos looked at the prince, Her smile growing mischievous as she once again clicked her fingers.

Blueblood, hearing the click of fingers but not seeing any change in the scenery, decided to look to see what his Girlfriend (not-really(It's complicated)) was doing.

And instead of the usual decapitated head, he saw some sort of Chimera-looking creature, Her head and right arm were the same, but the rest of her body was new.

A new left arm mirrored the blue arm she already had.
She actually had a body now, resembling that of a cat, with three black stripes on her spine, covered by a small cape of green scales.
Her fluffy, cat-like back legs ended in dark-purple hooves, and where the purple cat-like tail ended, a blue scorpion tail took its place.

"So..." Cosmos asked, her back legs swinging back and forth above her head as she lay on her stomach, her head resting in her arms, "How do I look?"

Blueblood looked at her before smiling at her, "You look..." His smile widened as his Unicorn body turned to lay in front of her in the same way, "Like you managed to figure out some magic to change how this place looks,"

Cosmos smiled widely at the prince, "I do! I managed to learn that Illusion spell you always use, Now I can choose where to go for our honeymoon!"

The Prince smiled at her, "We need to be married to go on a honeymoon,"

"I know!" Cosmos said excitedly, "So in order to get ready, Do you want to go out with me?!"

Blueblood leaned forward and stole a kiss from her before moving his head away and standing up, making his way out to the tropical beach she made outside.
"No," He said with a cheeky smile on his face, ignoring the hungry looks from the Powerful Spirit that lives inside the gem.

"Hehe," She whispered with a laugh as she rubbed her lips with her hand, trying to feel where he kissed her

"Shut down yet again..."

Author's Note:

Short chapter this time, a prelude for the Caninia Arc and the ponies you might expect to see.

All of the ponies who showed up for the interviews are named characters from the show, see if you can guess who's who.
I think I made most of them easy enough.

Also, An Omake at the end of the chapter :)
A nice way for me to write a short mini-chapter without giving it an entire chapter to fill up and ruin the pace of the story.

I'll try and keep the Omake short and sweet :)

Thank you for enjoying the story so far :)

PreviousChapters Next