• Published 27th Apr 2023
  • 13,435 Views, 2,121 Comments

Trash of the Royal Castle - Netap



Human isekai'd into Equestria, regular stuff, right? Wrong! He knows nothing of the show and he took over the body of Prince Blueblood. Shenanigans ensue.

  • ...
55
 2,121
 13,435

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 37: Nightmare Stars 2

"Who the fuck are you supposed to be?"

The words echoed around the room soon after they left my mouth, The smirk on the mare's face looked crooked, as if she didn't expect me to use those words.

The mare furrowed her eyebrows as she stared down at me, my back against the cold stone wall of the cell.

"I am Nightmare Moon," She said, an air of faux gravitas surrounding her as her clear blue eyes stare directly into mine.

"No you're not," I told her, "Nightmare Moon is Luna, and you look nothing like her," The Unicorn scoffed at my words.

"And what would you know of Nightmare Moon? You are but a simple Unicorn, Barely fit to be called prince," She sneered at me, and I moved my head from side to side as I tried to think of how I can keep this discussion going.

Because while this crazy nutjob thinks she has me captured in this secure cell, I already have a plan to escape.

According to Clover the Clever, A good way to make a Unicorn's magic more potent, is to remove outside interference during the casting of the spells.
Most commonly, the removal of movement.
If a Unicorn is sitting still, barely moving, their spells would end up more powerful than if they were to cast the spell in motion.

However, with this Unicorn keeping her eyes on me, It would look suspicious if I stopped moving as I put my plan to fruition.

So that leaves the removal of a sense that would keep the mare from catching on to whatever I'm doing.

So I closed my eyes and smirked at her.

"I may be a simple Unicorn, sure. But I'm more of a prince than you're ever going to be," The words leaving my mouth hopefully had the desired effect on the mare, I'll have to trust my other senses to do the work for me in this discussion.

Because If Moving is out of the question, The next best thing is to remove my eyesight.

And as my eyes remained closed, a subtle glow emitted from the bottom of my horn, hidden underneath my hair, as my escape plan started coming together.

"Nightmare Moon? Hah! Don't make me laugh! Nightmare Moon was defeated months ago, You can't be her."

"Hmmm..." The mare hummed from the other side of the bars, clueless to the hidden usage of magic I was performing.

"And how do I convince you that I am indeed Nightmare Moon?" The mare asked slowly, the clopping sound of her hooves echoing on the stone floor.

"Nightmare Moon is at her core, Princess Luna. And so, if you can tell me something that only Princess Luna would know, that surely must mean that you are telling the truth, correct?" I ask, my eyes still closed and a smirk on my face.

The Spell I was casting was working wonders on doing its job, just a few more minutes...

"Hoh? And how would you know that what I tell you is only known by Princess Luna? Are you secretly a fool? Did you not think of this line of questioning beyond the first step?" The mare asked, a high and mighty tone in her voice as she most likely looked down at me as If I was nothing more than a bug.

Jokes on you, The spell is almost finished!

"You see, My dearest Aunt, Princess Celestia, likes to spend her days talking with me about the past, when she was far younger," I smirked as I told the Dark-Purple Unicorn.
"And in one of these stories of hers, she told me an interesting tidbit that seemed important enough for her to remember,"

"And that is?" The mare asked, and I smiled as I knew I got her attention.

Just a few more seconds.

"It was a minuscule thing, nothing that the History Books would consider close to relevant enough to note, meaning that only those Celestia told the story to should know it," I smirked wider, my remaining closed as my lips stretched from corner to corner, the rush I feel whenever I place myself in mortal danger slowly moving through my body.

"What is it? Do not make me force the question out of you, Prince," The Unicorn spit the title out as if it was grime, And as my spell neared its final moments of completion, I knew that If I fail in my coming escape, I might die.

Ten seconds left.

"My question is..." I paused for dramatic effect.

Five seconds left.

"OUT WITH IT ALREADY!" The Mare claiming to be Nightmare Moon yelled, her patience growing thinner.

One second left...

And with my smile wide and the Spell I readied finishing its job, The hidden glow from my horn disappeared, leaving not a trace of any magic happening.

And I opened my eyes and asked.

"Celestia and Luna were guests at the Wedding of Lord Thelos, a Minotaur Prince," I told the mare, her blue eyes glaring at me from behind the bars, And for perhaps the first time in a while I was glad that Celestia spent hours of her week talking about her boring past with me.
"What color was the dress that Luna wore to that wedding?" And I watched as the gears turned in the Unicorn's head.

If she answered correctly, then she is indeed Nightmare Moon, likely in the body of a different Pony, seeing as the Cutie mark is different than Luna's, not even counting the lack of wings and different styles of hair.

However, If she doesn't answer, that means that she isn't Nightmare Moon, and is instead using the already existing reputation of Luna's Evil Alter Ego in order to push her own agenda.

And no matter what the answer may be, I will be getting out of this cell and punching her in the face.

The Second option, of her not really being Nightmare Moon is the best case in this situation because that would mean that It's not a poor pony having her body taken over by the Nightmare, controlled like an evil puppet.

If it is indeed Nightmare Moon, and for whatever reason she's back, then I don't really stand a chance against her, let alone without permanently injuring whoever she's gotten under her control.

"The Dress Luna wore to Lord Thelos's wedding?" The Mare repeated the question, her eyes moving to the ceiling as she became lost in thought, her tongue moving around her mouth as she licked her teeth before a smile spread on her face.

"Lord Thelos was so angry at us back then, wasn't he?" She asked out loud as her eyes returned to me, And the smile on my face lessened as the answer to the question became obvious.

"The Dress we wore that day was Yellow, And Thelos hated Yellow."

The smile on my face disappeared, replaced by a thin line as I stared at the tall Unicorn smirking down at me.

"It seems our time here is up, Prince," She said mockingly as she turned her eyes away from me, likely having something more important catch her attention.
"Be a good pet and sit tight, why won't you?" She smiled back at me as her horn glowed a pale purple and I felt my cheek being grabbed, as if squeezed.
Before the Unicorn who was under the control of the evil that stewed inside Princess Luna's heart left.

Now alone in the cell, I waited until her steps could no longer be heard.

Before I smiled widely, my eyes gleaming with excitement, as I said out loud.

"And the Oscar goes to Blueblood Platinum," As the chain that tied my legs to the wall fell apart at my feet, a quick glow of my horn and the bars that held me in this stone cell burst out of the walls, levitating in the air in front of me as I took a step outside my cell.

I looked back at the metal bars levitating behind me before an idea came to mind, and with a blue glow in my horn and the sound of scraping metal hidden behind a soundproof Illusion, the bars were gone.

Replaced with ten sharp metal rods, crude spears almost.

And as the ten metal spears levitated in front of me, I cast another spell, one that I spent the last few weeks working on almost every night.

And under an illusion I disappeared, as if invisible.

"Oh yeah, It's all coming together."

And so I left my cell behind me, my body and the ten spears I floated around now silent and invisible.

"Illusion magic is broken!" I laughed out loud, not a sound leaving a ten-centimeter-wide illusion on my body and spears.

"Now," I looked at the stairs that Nightmare Moon walked to, the only way out of this prison.

"Let's Kick some ass,"

Author's Note:

Another Short chapter, this time full of only BB and NM.
Next Chapter we'll be following the other gang members, Starlight, Luna, and Celestia.

Hope you enjoyed :)


PS- Might not be the best place to promote, but who cares.
I'm back to streaming on my Twitch channel, link in my bio.

Currently doing a playthrough of Pokemon Insurgence, Just come say hi if you have the time and you see I'm online :)
VODS are being uploaded to my Youtube Channel. Go check it out of you're interested.

Thanks once again for reading :)


PPS- Blueblood is Ex-Navy, don't forget that.
He has the magical power to make video game references, and he has the skills and experience to be able to beat someone up with a sharpened metal rod as if it was a crude spear.
Don't get it twisted!

See you soon :) :raritywink:

PreviousChapters Next