• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 1,819 Views, 365 Comments

A Past Returned - TacoTues4Eva



A past Sunset doesn't remember comes searching for her, but will it be for the better or for the worse.

  • ...
5
 365
 1,819

Saturday Dec 24 c

Sunset sat on the ground, leaning against Twilight who once again had a good hold of Spike who apparently took off from the girl who was walking him. The other girls sat in a semi circle facing the two with Cornelia on the end followed by Taranee with Hay Lin and Irma matching their leader and new friend leaning against one another for support.

“That was tiring... What was even the point of attacking us?” Cornelia groaned.

“Not out loud, Taranee, link us up and include Twilight.” Sunset said.

“Are you sure?” Taranee asked through the mind link.

“I’m sure, she knows everything and I won’t hide anything from her.” Sunset assured the girl through the mental link.

“Wow, this is weird.” Came Twilight’s voice through the mental link, all of them connected so they could talk without worrying about eavesdroppers.

“I don’t think they were attacking us, I think they were trying to teach us.” Hay Lin said, “Grandmother wasn’t being controlled, and I know she would never be involved in something that would hurt us. The way she talked... It was like she was trying to train me.”

“Wait, you were attacked?” Twilight asked out loud.

“Think it, Twi.” Sunset reminded her, getting an embarrassed giggle from the girl, “And we weren’t attacked, more made to spar I believe. Nerissa slipped something in my hand that she didn’t want anyone to see.”

“What is it?” Taranee asked, worry clear in her thoughts.

“I’m not really sure, but I know it’s important. Whatever it is. I know she gave it to me for a reason and I have a feeling it might come in handy.” Sunset explained.

“I’m not sure if I trust that witch.” Irma groaned, “I guess I do agree with the whole training thing. I mean I never knew I could use my water to heal.”

“Wait, you can heal? That’s a lot better than making rock people to fight.” Cornelia sighed.

“You can make golems?” Sunset asked in shock.

“I think she called them golems.” Cornelia mused, “What’s so special about them?”

“They can be pretty handy, though I doubt you will find much use for them in actual battle seeing how they would more or less slow you down. They are good to know how to use though as they do have a lot of uses outside of battle.” Sunset said.

“Are you okay, Sunset?” Taranee asked with worry.

“What do you mean?” Sunset asked.

“I’m not trying to read your thoughts other than the link, but since you let me create the link I keep getting feelings broadcasting from you.” Taranee explained.

“Is that what this depressive feeling is?” Twilight asked softly, giving Sunset a worried look.

“I’m fine.” Sunset assured them.

“Sunset, even I know it isn’t healthy to bottle up your feelings.” Twilight said.

“We’re your friends, Sunset.” Hay Lin consoled, “Please don’t shut us out.”

Most of the girls winced in pain as images bombarded them, seeing their final argument with Will. The scenes moved from that to Will having a heated argument with Susan, to the redhead going to Meridian to not only storm the castle, but to take out Cedric and Phobos on her own. The way her body seemed to shift from physical to a body made of pure energy was a little disturbing as they could feel all the emotions Will had, but all those emotions seemed to fade when the redhead was in the energy form. It was as if she barely had a conscience. The sad tone of the spirits shook the girls to the core as Will begged to have another chance at a better life.

“STOP IT!” Sunset roared as she jumped from her place on the ground, clutching her head and stumbled a few steps away from the girls. She didn’t think the others felt the presence as it seemed to be aimed at her. It was piggybacking off of Taranee’s mental link with the girls and trying to dig through Sunset’s mind. She had to snap her mental defenses back into place forcing not only whoever was trying to dig into her memories, but severing the link with the girls.

“What was that?” Irma asked, hands over her mouth in horror at seeing Will’s last moments first hand. Hay Lin followed suit, choosing to stay silent though as she cried and shook her head.

“Was that real?” Taranee asked as she stumbled off the ground.

Cornelia and Twilight had rushed to Sunset’s sides, supporting the girl between them as she seemed to be having a panic attack of some kind. The blonde rubbed her back saying, “It’s ok, Sunset, deep breaths.”

“We’re here for you.” Twilight said, rubbing Sunset’s arm.

“I’m sorry.” Sunset gasped out, finally gaining control of herself. “I…I don’t know what happened.”

“Was that really what happened?” Twilight asked in sympathy.

“I think so, yeah.” Sunset groaned, “I don’t really have memories of it. I guess the stupid Heart has shown visions to people, but I wish it would just tell me what it wants.”

“Maybe there’s a reason it can’t?” Twilight suggested, Spike down at her feet began growling towards a dirt path coming down off of the bridge as a limo pulled up. The back door opened and out stepped an enraged looking woman with long blonde hair dressed in an expensive purple dress and heels.

“So you had something you needed to do today?” The woman demanded, taking a few steps in front of the car to stand and glare at Cornelia.

“Mother!” Cornelia gasped out, the girls looking between mother and daughter, the older having an enraged expression and the other had a deer caught in the headlights look.

“You waste your time not only hanging around these degenerates,” The woman sneered, getting an indignant shout from Irma, “But also wasting time spending it with these stupid crayons?”

“I’m sorry girls, I better go.” Cornelia sighed, hurrying over towards her mother while the others looked on in anger at the older woman.

“I can see why Cornelia acts the way she does now.” Twilight whispered from next to Sunset, the other girls crowding around the two to support them.

“Really, crayons?” The woman snarled as Spike kept barking, Twilight having to get a better hold on his leash.

“At least they are better than your friends.” Cornelia said, surprising all of the girls, especially Sunset and Twilight. They were shocked when the woman smacked Cornelia hard, knocking the girl to the ground. They were going to rush to her, but the blonde waved them off and sent a look screaming to stay out of it.

“Mom, please don’t.” A younger girl said climbing out of the car, holding a black and white cat to her with eyes watering with unshed tears.

“Lillian, get back in the car.” Both the older woman and Cornelia said. For the older woman though it was a harsh order, while Cornelia’s was more of a plea.

“Don’t order her around, you little brat!” The woman snarled at Cornelia, standing over the blonde girl.

“I’m not, I just don’t want her to see what a monster you truly are.” Cornelia sighed, earning the woman’s increased ire. The woman spat down at Cornelia with a look of contempt on her face.

“I don’t know what I ever expected from trash like you, half bred crayon.” The woman snapped.

“What do you mean by that?” Cornelia demanded as she was wiping the spit from her face and climbing back to her feet.

“I never wanted you, if it wasn’t for Lillian’s father convincing me to keep you, I would have tossed you to the curb when you were born!” The woman snapped.

“He’s my father too!” Cornelia yelled at the woman.

“No, your father is the biggest mistake in my life. I got drunk and had a one night stand with that crayon trash.” The woman sneered, seeming to enjoy taking joy out of emotionally attacking Cornelia. Sunset started to storm over to stop it, but Taranee grabbed her arm stopping her.

“Cornelia is telling us to stay back and stay out of it.” Taranee whispered to Sunset.

“Let me get this straight. You are yelling at me for spending time with my friends when you’re the one who went and slept with one?” Cornelia choked out, her expression was rage filled yet her eyes were full of tears. “Wow, mother of the year right here.”

“You worthless trash!” The woman screeched, tackling Cornelia to the ground, straddling her and smacking her over and over switching back and forth from one hand to another. The girls were frozen momentarily, not believing something like this could happen. Spike managed to pull free just as the cat squirmed out of the young girl’s arms, both running to the mother beating her daughter.

“STOP IT!” Lillian sobbed out, a bright light engulfing her then covering both Spike and the cat. When the girls could see again two large creatures had stopped the woman. A masculine humanoid cat creature that was black and white had a hold of the woman’s wrist.

“I wouldn’t do that, doll.” The cat said, the dog creature also had a masculine humanoid figure with a vicious looking muzzle of razor sharp teeth snapping just centimeters from the woman’s horrified face.

“Please don’t hurt her!” Cornelia sobbed out as the cat dragged the woman off the crying girl.

“I don’t see why I can’t use her as a chew toy.” The dog growled out.

“Because we aren’t like her, fido.” The cat snarked out making the dog growl.

“What are you?” The woman shrieked after yanking her arm free and running back toward the car and Lillian.

“Hi, I’m Spike.” The dog said cheerfully, but the glare he was sending the woman showed he really wasn’t in a cheerful mood.

“Come on Lillian, leave that trash with her crayon witches!” The woman snapped, dragging Lillian back to the car not noticing the smirk on the girl’s face as the large cat creature shrunk back down to a normal cat and jumped back up in the girl’s arms just before being pushed into the car and the vehicle speeding off.

“What…was…that?” Twilight asked, just as confused as the others as Spike returned to normal and came back to her feet while Sunset and the girls were checking on Cornelia.

“What was what? Spike asked innocently, cocking his head to the side.

“Spike, next time I suggest going for a walk... hide the leash.” Twilight groaned.

“Why? I like walks!” Spike said, getting another groan from Twilight.

Author's Note:

I wanted to thank Sunny Scriber for once again doing such a great job proof reading because no matter how much I try to find all the mistakes I still manage to miss a bunch of them. I also want to thank him for all the advice on improving my writing and scenes in the story to make it better as well as writing the descriptions for the girls new transformation. I also want to thank HarmonicPriest for all the help and story ideas he has given as well as the awesome omakes that can be found in the comment sections of Tuesday Dec 20 d, Wednesday Dec 21 d, Thursday Dec 22 b and Friday Dec 23 c, they are awesome! Thank you both very much!

I also wanted to thank HarmonicPriest for the suggestions on materials to use in making Susan's bracelet from the metals to the gems and the newest addition of alternate covers.