• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 1,819 Views, 365 Comments

A Past Returned - TacoTues4Eva



A past Sunset doesn't remember comes searching for her, but will it be for the better or for the worse.

  • ...
5
 365
 1,819

Saturday Dec 24 h

As soon as the girls left the room, Susan spun around to face Harold with an angry look. He took a step back and held up his hands in a placating manner as it was more than easy to see how angry the woman was. Not that he blamed her, he was upset with what his wife did himself.

“Would you like something to drink?” Susan asked, trying her best to stay calm as the girls really didn’t need to hear the two of them arguing.

“No, that’s okay, I can’t stay long.” Harold sighed, “Do you mind letting Cornelia stay for a few days?”

“I’m not letting her go back anywhere near that woman!” Susan hissed out, making sure to keep her voice low. Despite the low volume, the man still winced as if she was yelling full volume at him.

“I know it looks bad, but I really do care for Cornelia.” Harold sighed, “Elizabeth is a good woman, she really is, but sometimes she gets a little too angry.”

“Does she do the same to Lillian?” Susan snarled out, having to force herself from throttling this idiot. She had now lost all respect she even had for both Hale parents.

“No, and this is the first time she’s taken things this far with Cornelia. Like I said, she’s a good woman but she has some problems with certain people.” Harold tried to explain, only managing to enrage Susan more. Harold had heard the saying saved by the bell before, he just never thought it would ever involve him. The phone ringing though had interrupted the two, Susan storming over to answer it.

“Hello?” Susan asked, glaring at Harold while trying to remain neutral over the phone. “Sure, send him up.”

“I’ll get out of your hair.” Harold whimpered, only to freeze at Susan’s piercing glare.

“You aren’t going anywhere.” Susan said, “Tom is coming up and I think we all are going to have a nice, long talk.”

“I’m not sure we really need to all get involved in this.” Harold whimpered.

“You are lucky I haven’t already called child services!” Susan growled out.

The two were interrupted by the doorbell ringing, breaking up any further back and forth as Susan went to answer it. As she expected, Tom was standing there with a look of displeasure on his face. Stepping back to let him pass, she said, “Come on in Tom, I’m sure you might want to talk to Harold while you are here.”

“How do you know what I’m here for?” Tom asked, earning a curious look from Susan.

“I just meant you might want to speak to Harold after we tell you a few things.” Susan explained.

“We don’t need to get Tom involved in this.” Harold said, his voice sounded pleading.

“I wanted to talk to the girls first, but maybe I should talk to you both beforehand.” Tom said, sending a searching look towards Harold. “Let’s go over here and sit so I can show you something.”

“What is it?” Susan asked a little worried, as maybe Tom was there for something more. The three moved over to the television and Tom put a USB drive into the front of the BluRay player.

“Just play this first, then we can talk.” Tom said, “Just be warned, there are some things on there that might be a little scary. They’re safe, though I believe as they had protected Cornelia.”

“What are you talking about?” Harold asked, his question going unanswered by the other two as Susan started the video. If Susan was upset before, she was livid now as they watched the short, but horrible file Tom had brought.

“Only reason I haven’t already called child services is because of those two things.” Tom growled, glaring at Harold.

“She was involved with the stuff your aunt was, isn’t she?” Harold asked.

“What stuff?” Susan asked, even if she was pretty sure she knew the answer.

“Magic. When I was little I caught my aunt Cassidy and her friends transforming. She later explained to me about it when I confronted her.” Tom explained, “I told Harold about it, we were best friends, but it makes me wonder where that friend went to.”

“What do you mean? I’m right here!” Harold said, sounding offended.

“Was this the first time she has done this?” Tom demanded, pointing to the now blank television.

“They argue, and Elizabeth has smacked Cornelia a few times. I don’t condone it and I’ve tried to get her into anger management therapy.” Harold said.

“You should have called child services!” Tom snapped out. “So does Elizabeth do the same to Lillian?”

“No! No, she’s never yelled at or hit Lillian.” Harold sighed, “Cornelia isn’t my daughter, but I do care about her. Elizabeth was drunk and ended up having a one night stand with a man from Canterlot.”

“And that’s why Elizabeth hates her.” Groaned Tom, “I told you that woman was bad news, Harold.”

“She’s a good woman…” Harold said before an angry Susan interrupted him.

“If she hits her child like that she isn’t a good woman!” Susan hissed angrily. “If Cornelia didn’t beg me not to, I would have already been on the phone reporting that woman to child services!”

“I do my best to protect Cornelia and keep our family together. What more do you want from me?” Harold asked, his expression as broken as his voice sounded.

“I want custody of Cornelia.” Susan demanded, crossing her arms and glaring at Harold angrily.

“You can’t mean that!” Harold gasped.

“Are you sure, Susan?” Tom asked, a look of worry and pride warring for dominance.

“Either you sign over Cornelia to me and get family counseling, or I’m calling child services.” Susan said, very serious about it.

“Will you let Lillian and I see her?” Harold asked, getting a gasp from Tom.

“If she wants, but I’m not letting that happen again!” Susan exclaimed, once again pointing to the television in emphasis.

“Let me talk to Elizabeth, will you at least give me until Monday?” Harold asked.

“...Fine, you have until Monday.” Susan agreed reluctantly.

“Susan, this is a big responsibility. Irma already told me about you taking in Sunset, and now you’re taking in Cornelia?” Tom asked.

“It’s fine, but this isn’t going to work with Cornelia.” Susan sighed, the men staring at her in confusion. “The penthouse is nice and everything, but we need more rooms. I’m going to have to buy a house with at least four rooms and either a nice basement or a very large garage.”

“Well, I might have a solution for that. It isn’t as nice as here, and it isn’t a mansion, but a large house just went up for sale a few blocks down from me. I believe it has five bedrooms, the master having a bathroom itself and two bathrooms between the others. It has a nice finished basement that was used as an entertainment room, a nice attic and a three car garage.” Tom said.

“Do you think you can send me the realtor info if it has a sign and the address later?” Susan asked, “I’ll look into it.”

“I will, that sounds great.” Tom said.

“Are you serious?” They heard Cornelia sniff out, Lillian and Sunset right behind her. “I thought you didn’t want me for a second, then I heard you say you want to buy a house.”

“The penthouse won’t work, dear. Our family is getting too big. We also need more privacy.” Susan explained as she walked over to hug the girl tight.

“You heard all of that?” Harold asked, Cornelia shaking her head.

“Just a little.” Cornelia sighed.

“I wish I could stay, but Lily and I have to get back. Pumpkin, are you okay?” Harold asked as he walked over to Cornelia who reluctantly pulled away from Susan to give the man a quick hug. Harold kissed the top of her head before pushing her back to look in her eyes.

“I’m okay dad. I guess I’ll see you two later.” Cornelia sighed.

“See you later, big sis!” Lillian said, squeezing between the two to give Cornelia a hug.

“See you later you little fungus.” Cornelia said, hugging back just as tightly and whispering in the girl’s ear. “Love you little sis.”

Tom stood there and watched the man and youngest Hale leave before bringing up his other reason for being there. “There is one other thing I wanted to talk about while here. It concerns Will.”

Author's Note:

I wanted to thank Sunny Scriber for once again doing such a great job proof reading because no matter how much I try to find all the mistakes I still manage to miss a bunch of them. I also want to thank him for all the advice on improving my writing and scenes in the story to make it better as well as writing the descriptions for the girls new transformation. I also want to thank HarmonicPriest for all the help and story ideas he has given as well as the awesome omakes that can be found in the comment sections of Tuesday Dec 20 d, Wednesday Dec 21 d, Thursday Dec 22 b, and Friday Dec 23 c, they are awesome! Thank you both very much!

I also wanted to thank HarmonicPriest for the suggestions on materials to use in making Susan's bracelet from the metals to the gems and the newest addition of alternate covers.