• Published 14th Jan 2023
  • 1,819 Views, 365 Comments

A Past Returned - TacoTues4Eva



A past Sunset doesn't remember comes searching for her, but will it be for the better or for the worse.

  • ...
5
 365
 1,819

Saturday Dec 24 d

Susan sat down at the desk across from Night Light, worried about what her lawyer wanted to see her about. Not that she minded seeing him, as he was not only a good friend, but her best friend’s husband too. Having received a call to come to his office though hardly happened, only when he was working on a case for her and the only case he had going on for her was getting the official paperwork for Sunset sorted out.

“So, already got Sunset’s paperwork back?” Susan asked, hoping that this was all the visit was about.

“I wish it was that simple, Susan.” Night Light sighed, rubbing his eyes as he leaned back. “I was finishing up the paperwork to send in, but there are some problems with it. One being that Sunset is the same age Will is supposed to be.”

“I know, what does that matter?” Susan asked, dread filling her as this was starting to sound like anything but the easy task of getting Sunset fully legalized.

“Susan, you wanted to make up that Sunset’s father came and kidnapped her when she was born to explain why she doesn’t have paperwork up until now. While I normally don’t like lying like this, under the circumstances I understand. The problem is there is only one way Sunset can be the same age as Will and have a different father. The only way this can happen is by heteropaternal superfecundation, which I have very few options. Ideally, I would suggest claiming to have intercourse right before going to a clinic to be artificially inseminated. You could say you both believed Tony had an extremely low sperm count. The problem is that I have no contacts that can cover that claim and Canterlot doesn’t have any clinics, so claiming bad bookkeeping is out.”

“I don’t think Tony would take something like that lying down. He might even sue claiming Sunset is his child in retaliation.” Susan groaned.

“The only other option in keeping Tony out would have the same results, with a possible scandal in addition that could cost you your position as CEO.” Night Light said softly, obviously against this idea.

“If you are hinting at what I think, let’s leave that option on the side for now.” Susan groaned. “I take it you have another idea?”

“Yes, and it would be the easiest, yet I know you won’t like it.” Night Light sighed, “Susan, I know you hate the man, and you have every right to be mad at him, but maybe you should consider another option for Sunset’s sake.”

“I’m really not going to like this, am I?” Susan sighed, “Maybe we should just go with the threesome option. I would rather ruin my reputation than get Sunset hurt by that man.”

“Susan, Tony’s mother came from Canterlot and had a skin tone similar to Sunset. It would be easy to claim that Sunset was one of the babies in the CCH scandal where a couple of nurses were reporting the babies of mixed families died in the nursery to put the babies with fully Canterlot families. Since you ended up there during that time when you gave birth to Will, I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to use it for Sunset.” Night Light explained, “And there is one more detail I haven’t told you yet.”

“I’m not sure I want to hear any more details.” Susan groaned, rubbing the bridge of her nose with a thumb and forefinger.

“Tony knows, Susan. I don’t know how exactly, but he knows.” Night Light said, cutting off Susan’s response as a look of horror and anger crossed over her face. “He called me earlier this morning, Susan. He said a man contacted him a few hours before calling me and told him everything. This man was hinting for Tony to blackmail you and take Sunset with him. Tony said he would never do that and was crushed when Will went missing. And now that Sunset is here he just wants to get to know her. To be the father he should have been for Will.”

“He just wants to use her to get to me and see what he can milk from me.” Susan said bitterly.

“Actually, I don’t think that is his plan at all. I’ve kept tabs on him ever since I learned about him from you. He’s stopped drinking and gotten married, and from what I learned, they are very happy together. Neither one has a job as good as yours, but together they make just as much, if not more. He really seems like he just wants to get to know Sunset, he promised he doesn’t want to take her from you or cause trouble between you two.” Night Light explained, “Susan, I really think you should go with this. It will make getting Sunset legalized much easier, and it might actually be good for all of you.”

“I don’t know if I can trust him.” Susan sighed, “...Do you think he’s being sincere?”

“I truly believe he just wants a second chance. He could have easily not told me about the whole blackmail thing, but he did. I think that it’s a very good show of faith.” Night Light said.

“Okay, can I think about it?” Susan asked, unsure just how much she wanted to trust this. She did trust Night Light and his judgment though, neither the man nor his wife has steered her wrong.

Break

“Are you okay?” Sunset asked, unsure of what to do for the blonde who was wiping away her tears. She knew it was a stupid question, but she had no idea of how to handle what she had witnessed as it was completely foreign territory to her. Sure, Celestia had scolded her many times, but the alicorn had never struck her.

“I will thanks to this little guy.” Cornelia said as she swept over to Twilight and picked the small puppy up in her arms and nuzzled. “Who's the cute little hero? You are! Yes, you are!”

“You're embarrassing me…don’t stop.” Spike said as he wagged his tail happily.

“Cornelia, your mother just beat the crap out of you!” Irma cried out, “Aren’t you going to say anything?”

“Of course I am.” Cornelia said with a smirk, “How did you learn to talk, little guy?”

“He just turned into the canine version of the Incredible Hulk and you want to know how he learned to talk?!” Taranee asked, her mouth hanging open as she tried to process the whole thing.

“I would like to know what happened too.” Twilight said as she inspected Spike’s body as the blonde held him to make sure he wasn’t hurt. “Are you okay, Spike? Is this going to be dangerous for him?”

“Well, one moment I was happy getting attention, then I saw that monster car coming up. I didn’t like the smell of the woman who got out and when she started hitting Cornelia, I felt something welling up inside of me. Then I heard this Heart of Gaea or something asking me if I wanted to be given the power to protect her. I said yes so that vicious tuna eating monster and me became Gaea’s regents.” Spike explained.

“That’s all well and good, but I want to know if both of you are okay!” Hay Lin cried out, “What we saw and felt from you was horrible, Sunset! And with your mom doing that to you Cornelia? That was horrible!” Hay Lin sobbed out.

“Shhh, it’s okay.” Sunset said as she moved to pull Hay Lin into a hug. “We’ll make sure Cornelia is okay, she’s our friend. As for me, it is horrible what happened. And we do need to talk about it. I don’t need Taranee’s power to know everyone is upset over everything that we’ve seen today.”

“I guess I’ll have to look for a place to stay.” Cornelia sniffed as she handed Spike off to his owner. “There’s no way I’m going home tonight.”

“You can have my room.” Twilight suggested, shocked looks crossing the other girls’ faces except for Sunset who understood what she was getting at.

“I’m not taking your room, where would you sleep?” Cornelia asked, shaking her head.

“I’m not talking about my room at home, but the room I stay in when I’m over at Auntie Susan’s place.” Twilight explained, “You would have to deal with some of my stuff I have in there for a few days, but I’m sure Auntie Susan wouldn’t mind.”

“Corny, how often does your mom hit you?” Irma asked gently, hugging the blonde from the side with Twilight taking the other as the blonde started shaking a little.

“It’s mostly just yelling. I guess now I know why no matter how much I try to be like her, she never accepts me. Every once in a while she would slap me, but they don’t even bother me anymore.” Cornelia sniffed, “Ever since becoming a guardian, her slaps feel more like taps.”

“That isn’t the point, Cornelia! She has no right hitting you at all or treating you like that!” Twilight exclaimed.

“I’m calling my dad!” Irma snapped.

“NO!” Cornelia barked out, shocking the group. “I haven’t put up with this crap for this long just to get Lillian’s mother taken from her now!”

“What are you talking about?” Sunset asked. She felt like she had a feeling why Cornelia would do it, and while she didn’t like it, she could understand it.

“Because Lillian is treated like a princess and our mom would never hurt her. Lillian loves mom so much. I refuse to destroy her world when I can just get away from it all when I turn eighteen anyways.” Cornelia explained, “I might complain about the little spore a lot, but she’s my sister and I love her.”

“Am I the only one to have noticed the light show around her though?” Taranee asked.

“What light show?” Cornelia asked, worried for her little sister’s safety.

“The light show before doggo here became Krypto.” Irma said, earning a confused look from Cornelia.

“Oh, that!” Spike exclaimed, “You must be talking about her using powers.”

“What powers?” Cornelia demanded as she pulled away from her friends and turned to stare at the talking dog in worry.

“Her powers as the Heart of Gaea.” Spike said as if it was common knowledge.

“Well…shit.” Cornelia groaned out.

Author's Note:

Just a few quick things, the Heart of Gaea is the Heart of Earth, I just like the sound of Gaea a little better. I also wanted to say that Lillian isn't as naive as Cornelia seems to think she is. She isn't controlling her mom with her powers as I'm debating making that too hard for her to do right now or make it something the Heart can't do. The smirk is because she enjoyed watching her mother get the heck scared out of her after what the woman did to Cornelia.

I wanted to thank Sunny Scriber for once again doing such a great job proof reading because no matter how much I try to find all the mistakes I still manage to miss a bunch of them. I also want to thank him for all the advice on improving my writing and scenes in the story to make it better as well as writing the descriptions for the girls new transformation. I also want to thank HarmonicPriest for all the help and story ideas he has given as well as the awesome omakes that can be found in the comment sections of Tuesday Dec 20 d, Wednesday Dec 21 d, Thursday Dec 22 b and Friday Dec 23 c, they are awesome! Thank you both very much!

I also wanted to thank HarmonicPriest for the suggestions on materials to use in making Susan's bracelet from the metals to the gems and the newest addition of alternate covers.